Old 11-08-2005, 04:23 AM
Silky Smooth

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
my boy is back!
Old 11-08-2005, 07:28 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by ACCURATEin
Those splitters were no match for the downforce generated at 145 mph.
Lol, sounds like fun... Hey got any more picture of your Rotora BBK?
Old 12-11-2005, 11:42 PM
tehLEGOman

Received 1,983 Likes on 1,336 Posts
What's goin on guys. Here are a few updated pictures..they didnt turn out as nice as i would have liked but they'll do.

Here is a picture of the foglight i installed.
PIAA 1400 Series Ion Crystal Fog. (black housing)

Here's an idea of the light output.

A few shots of the TL and the brothers WRX.

Old 12-12-2005, 01:56 AM
iDrink

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Thats F#@kin' Bad!! in a good way, the light output looks amazing
Old 12-12-2005, 11:46 AM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The light output looks really good, you should take a picture of the light output from a farther angel... I especially like the Rotora's
Old 12-12-2005, 11:22 PM
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
you should do a post that has everything you have done to your car....
Old 12-14-2005, 01:34 AM
tehLEGOman

XjoEnX / 04teinTL... thanks guys!

ka0tik... I'll leave my signature it has most of the mods listed. Sorry about that.
Old 12-14-2005, 04:35 PM
Pro

have you timed your 0-60, etc. and found out your hp and torque with all those mods?
if so what were the numbers?

how did you get your springs stolen?
Old 12-14-2005, 04:54 PM
Pro

oh and what made you get only one exhaust, are there plusses besides the reduction of weight, but i would think that 2 exhasts would mean dbl the hp......

and if you were looking for a reduction of weight, why dont you make a custom back bumper to fit the single exhaust?
Old 12-14-2005, 04:57 PM
Pro

oh and what made you get only one exhaust, are there plusses besides the reduction of weight, but i would think that 2 exhasts would mean dbl the hp......

you should make a custom back bumper to fit the single exhaust?
Old 12-14-2005, 06:33 PM
Advanced

how did you get the carbon fiber peices for the grille, are they a sticker like material? and what happend to the carbon front splitter on the bottom?
Old 12-15-2005, 07:08 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Ahh.. Acuratein.. the good looking couple.

I saw you eyeying the Supercharger... any plans for that?
Old 12-15-2005, 10:12 AM
tehLEGOman

kaotik... The EDFC module was stolen one night when i parked the TL on the street. haha not the springs! I chose to go with the single outlet exhaust setup to see if there was a difference in the sound and maybe more torque and HP at certain RPMs. Plus i like the way it looks.

baysic tl... That is correct, its a carbon fiber sticker material made by hayama. I made a template and cut the pieces accordingly. The front splitters have been retired for the meantime...i was doing a max speed run and 140+ mph generated too much downforce.

invincible569... The sales guy at comptech left me a message yesterday saying theyre getting ready to ship the superchargers out. So we're looking at the end of next week before it gets here. I cant wait.
Old 12-15-2005, 03:18 PM
Silky Smooth

i dunno about the fog light install, it doesnt look very clean. anyway to use the oem black beams, and insert the fog light into them. I just can see some of your engien internals, and it doesnt look great.
Old 12-15-2005, 04:53 PM
Pro

oh, i thought if they stole your springs, might as well take more than that since its like a 4 hour job
Old 12-16-2005, 04:32 AM
Intermediate

ACCURATEin...

Hey man its me Amir from Durham, you know the one with the white STi w/CF hood. Anyways man I always loved your ride and im taking delivery of a 06 WDP/Ebony 6Spd/Nav in about a week. I got some questions, Ill just call Aaron for your cell.

AIGHT MAN, and once again you have ONE HELL of a RIDE!!!!
Old 12-16-2005, 11:20 PM
tehLEGOman

Lokius... Good eye on the foglight install. Right now there is nothing there...no mesh or plastic vents. I havent decided which way to go. I'll admit it was indeed a half ass install haha.

ka0tik... My roomate actually saw the person who stole my EDFC because the stock alarm was loud enough to wake him up.

Amir06TL... What up son! You werent messin around when you told me you were gonna get a TL. Thats hot! You're gonna have to let me drive that 6MT. Are you planning to drop it and slap on some rims?
Old 12-19-2005, 02:50 AM
Silky Smooth

Haha did you do that install yourself eric? haha the light output looks good
Old 12-19-2005, 04:36 PM
Pro

are you gonna put your tl on a diet?
Old 12-21-2005, 11:47 AM
8th Gear

YO ERIC! its matt hollister from durham. the car looks graet keep it up! i can't wait to ride in that shit when the supercharger is on. it better be ready for feb. 4 VIR ur brother thinks ur going to smoke him see u on friday

peace out bitch
Old 12-29-2005, 11:14 PM
tehLEGOman

Lokius... Yeah my brother and i did this install on the fogs. I havent touched it yet since the install so its still a half ass job. maybe ill get around to it one day haha.

ka0tik... I'm not sure how many lbs lighter the TL is after the custom exhaust, sparcos, CF hood, and wheels. I would say maybe 100 lbs...good for a .1 second off the quarter mile time.

slowassTL... Whats up matt! whats up with everyone from Durham posting on AZ these days!? Ill give you a ride once the supercharger is installed...it should be pretty scary.

The comptech supercharger has arrived!

I'm gonna attempt to put together a video clip for everyone to see the supercharger in action.

Stay tuned!
Old 12-30-2005, 02:17 AM
Pro

what i was meaning by putting your tl on a diet was what datplayaz claimed he was planning to do. He said that he may take out all "un-needed" weight. ie: wheel wells
Old 12-30-2005, 05:50 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Lokius...
The comptech supercharger has arrived!

I'm gonna attempt to put together a video clip for everyone to see the supercharger in action.

Stay tuned!
UT OH!
Old 12-30-2005, 08:02 PM
Intermediate

Some help on the tach issue...

Correction: The V-AFC II is the model i have, not the V-AFC.

Hondaworks in Charlotte, NC told me they had installed them in the 2nd gen. TL's and assured me it wouldn't be a problem to install in the 3rd gen. They went to work and kept having to get information from the Acura dealership. They needed the pin outs and the correct wiring diagrams. The drive by wire throttle system was the first obstacle, but they found the throttle positioning sensor. The second obstacle was about needing a multi plex for the tachometer. Not sure what that is, but i do know the computer was reading that the engine was reving at 5,000 rpms while the car was supposed to be idling. The VTEC solenoid kicked in and made a loud pop and the operation was terminated.
I install remote car starters & use Crimestopper products. As I was researching what is needed to put a starter in a 2006 TL (I haven't bought it yet, just trying to work out the details on trading in my 2004 GTO), on their site, I found a "CAN SL" module that can be used to get door locks, OEM disarm, trunk release, etc. from the CAN BUS data wires on the TL.

Where this may help you is the "Tach Throught Data" - exactly how it is spelled on Crimestopper's site - it provides a tach reference for any remote starter install. This may give you what you need to make your V-AFC II work properly.

I can probably get one for you as I am a Crimestopper dealer, or you can find a Crimestopper dealer close to you to order it for you. Again the Crimestopper model number is "CAN SL". www.crimestopper.com

Just my .02...
Old 12-31-2005, 02:00 AM
tehLEGOman

sskillett... Thanks for the info regarding the VAFC issue. I havent messed with the unit since i tried to have it installed back in the summer of 04.

Fortunately, Comptech Sport has an ACM which will lower the VTEC engagement point to 4,000 RPM which makes me extremely satisfied.
Old 12-31-2005, 02:13 AM
tehLEGOman

Originally Posted by Ka0tik
what i was meaning by putting your tl on a diet was what datplayaz claimed he was planning to do. He said that he may take out all "un-needed" weight. ie: wheel wells
I think what you're asking is if i plan on doing a weight reduction...correct?

To answer your question...yes i will be conducting a mild weight reduction.

To my knowledge... every 100 lbs you shave off the car = .1 second off the quarter mile time.

Thus far I have managed to save weight with the following modifications...
-VOLK TE-37 Racing wheel
-HKS Carbon Ti single exhaust
-Carbon Fiber hood
-Various plastic panels, including grille components
-Sparco Torino Racing seats

I am not sure what the total amount is...which would be neat to find out. Maybe i'll get around to it one day.

For track events, I will extract all floor mats, rear seat, and trunk components.
Old 12-31-2005, 03:09 AM
Silky Smooth

Haha take out your navigation system, and theres an easy couple hundred pounds..
Old 12-31-2005, 01:13 PM
Intermediate

I think what you're asking is if i plan on doing a weight reduction...correct?

To answer your question...yes i will be conducting a mild weight reduction.

To my knowledge... every 100 lbs you shave off the car = .1 second off the quarter mile time.

Thus far I have managed to save weight with the following modifications...
-VOLK TE-37 Racing wheel
-HKS Carbon Ti single exhaust
-Carbon Fiber hood
-Various plastic panels, including grille components
-Sparco Torino Racing seats

I am not sure what the total amount is...which would be neat to find out. Maybe i'll get around to it one day.

For track events, I will extract all floor mats, rear seat, and trunk components.
What ET are you running now? I can't believe you are going to take out the trunk components & back seat. Isn't this just reaching a bit too far? This is a Luxury sport sedan. The emphasis is on Luxury. I would like to see the car run faster without taking the luxuries out. Concentrate on making more power & keep the car intact. I can understand the wheels, exhaust, hood, etc. These are also styling accessories. But to pull all of the luxury out of the car, doesn't impress me. You might as well just get a TL motor & trans & put it into a Civic hatch. Now wouldn't that be fun?

For instance, I have a 1990 Chevrolet 454SS Pickup with a dynoed 461 cubic inch big block that makes 505 peak horsepower (it makes over 400hp at the rear wheels). The motor was tuned at John Lingenfelter's shop (famous Corvette/Viper tuner - Lingenfelter's website). This motor in a 3000 lb race car with good suspension, would easily go 10s in the 1/4 mile. But it is installed in a 4600 lb pickup truck. The truck runs 13.30 in the 1/4 at 109 mph - without slicks, in street trim. Traction is non - existant. Pretty respectable for a pickup truck. Plus it gets 17mpg on the highway, has all options still functional, Is dead reliable, and has a pretty decent sound system. This truck ran 16.1 when I bought it new 16 years ago. It is the same motor, just heavily modified.

When I go to the track with this thing, people expect it to run in the 15s. Usually after the first pass, people come up to me and ask "what the hell is in that thing?" I know 13.3 isnt all that fast, but for a heavy truck, it is pretty quick. If you were to do the same with your TL, run low 13s or even 12s, I guarantee people will be more impressed, than with all the stuff removed.

Just my opinion, don't take offense. I think you have a sweet car anyway.
Old 01-01-2006, 11:25 AM
tehLEGOman

Originally Posted by sskillett
What ET are you running now? I can't believe you are going to take out the trunk components & back seat. Isn't this just reaching a bit too far? This is a Luxury sport sedan. The emphasis is on Luxury. I would like to see the car run faster without taking the luxuries out. Concentrate on making more power & keep the car intact. I can understand the wheels, exhaust, hood, etc. These are also styling accessories. But to pull all of the luxury out of the car, doesn't impress me. You might as well just get a TL motor & trans & put it into a Civic hatch. Now wouldn't that be fun?

For instance, I have a 1990 Chevrolet 454SS Pickup with a dynoed 461 cubic inch big block that makes 505 peak horsepower (it makes over 400hp at the rear wheels). The motor was tuned at John Lingenfelter's shop (famous Corvette/Viper tuner - Lingenfelter's website). This motor in a 3000 lb race car with good suspension, would easily go 10s in the 1/4 mile. But it is installed in a 4600 lb pickup truck. The truck runs 13.30 in the 1/4 at 109 mph - without slicks, in street trim. Traction is non - existant. Pretty respectable for a pickup truck. Plus it gets 17mpg on the highway, has all options still functional, Is dead reliable, and has a pretty decent sound system. This truck ran 16.1 when I bought it new 16 years ago. It is the same motor, just heavily modified.

When I go to the track with this thing, people expect it to run in the 15s. Usually after the first pass, people come up to me and ask "what the hell is in that thing?" I know 13.3 isnt all that fast, but for a heavy truck, it is pretty quick. If you were to do the same with your TL, run low 13s or even 12s, I guarantee people will be more impressed, than with all the stuff removed.

Just my opinion, don't take offense. I think you have a sweet car anyway.

I guess the reason i'm doing all these mods is because i dont see the TL as a luxury car. I see the TL as an automobile with a strong, reliable motor called the J32. Everytime i open up a tuner magazine, i come across article upon article featuring Lexus GS430s, SC430s, IS300s, All BMW series cars, Audi S4s, Mugen Legends, Acura TSXs,...

My goal is to show the tuner world the TL is worthy of a little respect.

With the 3rd place win at Thunderhill 25 hour endurance race, i certainly think the TL is worthy, thus emphasizing on the reliability of the motor.

The extraction of the rear seat and trunk components would only occur before a track event, either VIR or Rockingham Dragway.
Old 01-05-2006, 05:20 PM
Moved to the LOU

Received 249 Likes on 183 Posts
SINSE NO ONE LIKES TO RESPOND TO THE SUSPENSION THREADS I WILL POST IN HERE.

I have been doing some reading on this site about Tein SS Vs. Tein Basic and also going the Apexi route or even Koni struts and Eibach springs. My last 3 cars have been lowered and all three of them have been lowered different ways. First car I was a kid and just cut the fucking springs and bounced all around town. Second car I bought a set of ground controls with Bilstein struts and to be honest I blew 2 of the struts and was never very happy with them and my last car I had just a set of H&R sprins and it rode pretty well until the struts deteriorated.

I guess my question is has anyone put any thought into the new H&R coil over system?

Here is a link.

H&R

I have read many good things about the Tein SS but the one thing that concerns me is the CLUNKING. My ground controls clunked but I always thought it was because I had my Accord so low to the ground and there was a huge gap from the cup to the spring when the suspension travel was too great. It seems you guys are experiencing the clunk even when moderatly lowered. The H&R set up is a few hundred dollars more than the Tein SS but when you have a $35,000 car I don't think that is a huge difference in price.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!

~Twiggy
Old 01-06-2006, 09:37 PM
Intermediate

Your car is awesome man...Im also getting a white TL 06' and I wanted a CF hood and now i really want it..Haha..Nice rims!!!
Old 01-07-2006, 01:39 AM
tehLEGOman

twigglius... H&R is a reliable and established company. Their sport springs are a nice setup if they are ever released on the market. As far as their coilover setup is concerned...great quality. I believe the Honda Research team is utilizing a set of custom H&R coilovers, so you could always do a search on that. A main difference between the H&R coilover and the TEIN coilover is your choice of damping adjustment. The Super Street version allows for 16 levels of adjustment, whereas the H&R I am unsure about. I havent had any trouble with the TEIN setup making any clunking sounds. Sometimes when I am tackling a speed bump you can hear a squinching sound coming from the rear coils, but nothing to really irritate me. I hope this gives you an idea of what to look into...just let me know if you have any more questions.

kw1k... Thanks bro and welcome. Will you be getting the 5AT or 6MT? I will suggest the versus motorsports double sided CF hood. I'm glad my setup is an influence on your decision to purchase. Have you looked into any wheels yet?
Old 01-07-2006, 02:20 AM
Moved to the LOU

Received 249 Likes on 183 Posts
twigglius... The Super Street version allows for 16 levels of adjustment, whereas the H&R I am unsure about.

Been doing research. H&R offers zero levels of dampening adjustments and is more excpensive then the Tein SS. I am now leaning towards the SS!
Old 01-08-2006, 01:53 AM
tehLEGOman

Introducing the most highly anticipated and ultimate modification for this TL:
The Comptech Supercharger.

2006_Year of Boost.

Install Time: 10 Hours
Venue: Hondaworks, Charlotte North Carolina

Initial Impressions: Nervous and excited at the same time. I have waited fairly patiently for this moment ever since I purchased the car, and now the time has come. I was a little hesitant about the power steering pump giving out as it did during the install.

Performance Increase: The car feels normal under delicate throttle. Under 1/4 throttle the car moves without much effort. Under Wide Open Throttle the TL will move like a bat out of hell. I have only driven the supercharged TL for a total of 2 hours thus far and I am certainly impressed with the increase in power and torque.

Gas Mileage Notes: In the city the computer was reading ~20 mpg. On the highway somehow managed to get a reading of 35 mpg...very strange.

Decible Levels/ Sound effects: In idle the blower does not produce much noise at all. It is barely detectable. Anywhere between 1/4 throttle and WOT you can hear the sweet whistle sound. It sounds like a kazoo. I love it. My brother says the car is louder than before.

Concerns: Power steering pump acted up during the install. The technician found the solution and the pump is functioning properly. We believe a piece of trash must have been lodged in the connector piece that comes with the kit. I have not experienced any jerking with the supercharged TL.

Now go get one!

I'm going to make a video clip somehow and try to get a link on the web for you guys. Stay tuned.
Old 01-08-2006, 02:05 AM
Silky Smooth

sick!!

now dyno that thing and run a quarter mile
Old 01-08-2006, 02:38 AM
Pro

i also would like to see 0-60 and 0-100

has there been an increase in torque steer?
Old 01-08-2006, 06:01 AM
Iro Ridg .308

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts
hell fuckin' yeah! That's what I'm talking about....pics, pics, and pics. Are you experiencing any of the "jerking" issue that's been going on as with the 6mt? (oops, forget this, I see you've experienced no jerking with the automatic......but even in sportshift mode?)

Make sure you get video of some solid kills haha!

Damn, I'm excited for you! I'm still trying to make up my mind if I want to trade in for a 6MT or just keep the auto, lay low on the supercharger and save some cash for the new skyline that's coming out instead. AAARRRRGGGHHH! Hey Loki, I had to back out of the BBK for this very reason, so sorry bro.

Hey, I see you drilled through the front strut bar for your EDFC/SS.....nice.
Old 01-08-2006, 08:19 AM
Dr. Feelgood

Holy crap, that looks awsome!!! I want one! I'd like to see the 0-60 time as well. Silly question, but where'd they place the battery?
Old 01-08-2006, 08:54 AM

Congrats Eric! I cant wait until I pick up my car on Tuesday or Wednesday. I am so sick and tired of looking at those fucking Comptech boxes. When are coming down to the ATL for a little 6MT vs. 5AT?
Old 01-08-2006, 10:24 AM
tehLEGOman

Lokius... Dude this thing is sweet! I'll def. have this car dynoed sometime and get to the track eventually.

ka0tik... I havent railed it from a stand still but today i will. Last night i held the car in 1st gear and brought it up to 4000 rpm and matted it. The car broke traction even with the VSA on and veered a little to the left and right. I'll have a better answer for you later tonight.

special-ed... I'll be sure to get some video and more pics. The new skyline will be nasty! The strut bar is ghetto modded haha. I have been thinkin about fitting a 6 gen accord strut bar and perhaps that might work out.

05TLTony... The battery is located underneath the blower unit beside the air box. If the battery ever dies I will nead to remove the blower unit to get to it...which is why i went with the Optima yellow top 51R.

dan.....k... I give you all the credit because you were the one that told me about the supercharger actually being released...so thanks man! Come this wednesday you'll be amazed! i'm pretty sure your 6MT will have traction problems in first gear and probably 2nd as well. I'll be down in ATL this year twice I think so i'll let you know. Have you purchased a 51R series battery yet? I will suggest an Optima yellow top.

Quick Reply: 04 WDP on volks