04 5AT to 05 6MT Transformation has Commenced.

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2008, 10:27 AM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
^^^ very well said, sometimes it's not always about having an ISF or a 600HP evo, the amount of work that has gone into this and the passion to be different makes this car what it is!
Old 10-14-2008, 10:37 AM
Not your moms TL.

Originally Posted by acuraholic
^^^ very well said, sometimes it's not always about having an isf or a 600hp evo, the amount of work that has gone into this and the passion to be different makes this car what it is!
+1
Old 10-14-2008, 11:33 AM
iWhine S/C 6MT TL

Received 2,563 Likes on 1,317 Posts
Kennedy making a fuss again.... Sigh.

Eric every forum has that one guy that does the extreme. Congrats for being that person for us in the 3GTL section. It's how we all share ideas and make our cars better because of members like yourself putting all your time and making something different from the rest. Your TL is your hot rod and Kuddos man for actually doing the work with your own hands. Lots of old school guys all about muscle cars all about this and that don't even lift a finger except write checks for others to do what they been doing as kids..

Lots of respect for that, keep doing what you do keep us WDP guys proud lol.

Last edited by 04WDPSeDaN; 10-14-2008 at 11:37 AM.
Old 10-14-2008, 12:53 PM
I like to whistle in my

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Eric's car is one of those that will be all over the internet. if it isn't already
This is not the most popular or easy car to mod which makes his stand out even more.
I still remember those first 92 hatchbacks i saw when i was younger but with the internet and ebay those have become more common modded now. I don't see the 3G reaching that level. Basically, I thank Eric for all he's done on his because I don't plan on getting another car for a while so in the next year and a half when this is paid off - I've already got big plans. (hopefully this certification will kick my checks up a notch too)- keep doing what you do E
Old 10-14-2008, 11:50 PM
tehLEGOman

Received 1,983 Likes on 1,336 Posts
Originally Posted by PeteThaPitbull
ok so i go away for a few months and come back to azine..and this is what i find lmao!...cant wait to see it finished =)
haha welcome back to browsing acurazine!

Originally Posted by chill_dog
Do you know how weak that is? Well, considering how cool she is, I guess a baby shower once in a blue moon isn't that bad.

Moving along nicely. Heads and tails are painted; tails are tinted and half put back together (just need to be epoxied); heads still need a diffuser (nobody will sell me a set ). I screwed up the clear outer lenses on the tails accidentally...kind of ticked about it, but it's not worth $150 to me, so I'm going to live with it. Maybe I'll sell these and do another set; I really want to try to perfect my easy open method for taillights.
Get err done!

Originally Posted by RBP_04TL
damnnnn... wat a transformation

Originally Posted by aznbo187
Make sure when you get the works hub, get the short version. I have the short version, plus the GTC, and it's the perfect distance from the blinker levers. Anything longer would make it a little awkward to get to the blinker levers.
Post pics! Which steering wheel do you have? You should make a nice thread in the photo gallery of your car. I feel like I never have a solid image in my head of what your TL looks like.

Originally Posted by AZN.M3NACE
reducing the car by 15lbs is better then nothing...
You're correct!

Originally Posted by 6spdtl-s
I NEED more pics....ha, nice build
I'll get some more up soon. Thanks!

Originally Posted by peternguyen504
: drool:
haha!

Originally Posted by lito
FUCK ME SIDEWAYS!!!!!!!

I'm lost for words Eric totally SICK! SICK! SICK! I will diff come and see your car in person on any car shows you will enter here in DC next year.
It's the jdm cars like yours that inspired me lito! So hats off to your TSX!

Originally Posted by linky33
where did you get the spoon shift knob?!
My brother suggested we trade for a little while. His girlfriend got it for him..not sure where from.

Originally Posted by Kennedy
You're crazy dude... Crazy.

With the money you got tied up in 2 TL's, and parts to make it look like it's faster than it is, you could have a truly have serious track car... or something a lot nicer. Hell, if you're dropping $1500 in rear strut bars... WHY ARE YOU NOT IN AN NSX, GT-R, ISF, 335or at least rebuilt evo putting in 600+ HP? You got $60K plus in front of you.

God bless you for doing it for the fun factor... I'm only being introspective, looking at the TL today, adding up what i got in it, and browsing craigslist, knowing I could have a lot nicer ride than a tricked out TL sitting there. I still love the TL, even more so modded, but man, I'd swap it in a minute for any of the above I listed (minus evo... 600HP or not, not my style).

Keep on keeping on... Your TL will go above an beyond what most here will ever consider.
I'm fixated on the TL at this time in my life. There's something about it that just does it for me.

Just wondering, where did you get the $1500 number from? (Don't search too hard, because you're not going to find the answer)

Originally Posted by ASASN21
The car is going to be f*cking RIDICULOUS, but...

+1
Thanks!

Originally Posted by mmade22
Some people have a passion for what they do and have a taste for a particular style of car. That is why so many respect Eric on here. He is not afraid to take two new cars and do anything and everything to make it his own. Unique and who he is. The car has mad style and it is nothing anyone else has done before.

Could he have bought a more expensive car...sure but you know the modding would never stop. It is a expensive hobby as we all are in the same boat here.

I look at it this way, he bought a brand new TL in 04, modded the hell out of it and gave so many people something to shoot for. The car gave him joy along the way and has won a lot of awards...She got tired and he was smart....Instead of starting over with something else, he bought the same car with the 6-speed. Taking all the parts out of one and applying it to the other with little cost to him. Recycling parts saves money. I think he was smart to do it that way.

He can still sell the 04 auto for around 12,000 and recover some of his modding cost. I think he is ahead of the game. Keep it up Eric.
Jon, you're the man. Thanks for the help in the garage, couldn't have done it without you. Hope your week is going well. I went grocery shopping earlier and stocked the fridge up with two cases of cold beer, so if you're not busy feel free to come pop a top!

Originally Posted by Acuraholic
^^^ very well said, sometimes it's not always about having an ISF or a 600HP evo, the amount of work that has gone into this and the passion to be different makes this car what it is!
Thanks D!

Originally Posted by Ac_Attack
+1

Originally Posted by 04WDPSeDaN
Kennedy making a fuss again.... Sigh.

Eric every forum has that one guy that does the extreme. Congrats for being that person for us in the 3GTL section. It's how we all share ideas and make our cars better because of members like yourself putting all your time and making something different from the rest. Your TL is your hot rod and Kuddos man for actually doing the work with your own hands. Lots of old school guys all about muscle cars all about this and that don't even lift a finger except write checks for others to do what they been doing as kids..

Lots of respect for that, keep doing what you do keep us WDP guys proud lol.
I got a bolt of goosebumps in my right arm when I read your comment. It certainly feels good to wrench this thing together with my own hands.

Originally Posted by Meek32v6
Eric's car is one of those that will be all over the internet. if it isn't already
This is not the most popular or easy car to mod which makes his stand out even more.
I still remember those first 92 hatchbacks i saw when i was younger but with the internet and ebay those have become more common modded now. I don't see the 3G reaching that level. Basically, I thank Eric for all he's done on his because I don't plan on getting another car for a while so in the next year and a half when this is paid off - I've already got big plans. (hopefully this certification will kick my checks up a notch too)- keep doing what you do E

Thanks for the kind words Sir. I'm glad to serve as some inspiration for the TL community. It's an awesome car.
Old 10-15-2008, 12:25 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by ACCURATEin
I haven't spawned any young buck
HAHA, had to read that twice to understand what "spawned" was referring to.

Amazing set up Accuratein!
Old 10-15-2008, 12:58 AM
USDM -> JDM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
now, are there anymore updated pictures?!
Old 10-15-2008, 01:30 AM
.... .... .... ... ....

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
no passengers?
Old 10-15-2008, 04:12 AM
Rev High; Drive Happy

Received 398 Likes on 332 Posts
Originally Posted by Blazing GT
no passengers?
I don't know about you but I still see room for three extra passengers
I mean... I wouldn't mind sitting between the harnesses... or the roll cage... or on the metal floor if it means sitting inside Accuratein's sexy TL =D
Old 10-15-2008, 10:33 AM
Instructor

Is this the right one?

135$...holy crap
Old 10-17-2008, 01:33 AM
I have car ADD

Received 51 Likes on 38 Posts
damn man, you probably have to spend more time responding to everybodys posts, then actually swapping out your car
Old 10-17-2008, 01:40 AM
tehLEGOman

Originally Posted by hfkuan
HAHA, had to read that twice to understand what "spawned" was referring to.

Amazing set up Accuratein!
haha i'm glad you figured out what i was trying to convey in that sentence. Sometimes my wordage is awkward! And thank you.

now, are there anymore updated pictures?!
..there are!...but,...i haven't uploaded them yet.

Originally Posted by Blazing GT
no passengers?
Usually just the one passenger in the recaro.

Originally Posted by o4Komodo
I don't know about you but I still see room for three extra passengers
I mean... I wouldn't mind sitting between the harnesses... or the roll cage... or on the metal floor if it means sitting inside Accuratein's sexy TL =D
One time some people insisted on riding in my car on the way to the club. I was like..allright...its up to you guys!

Originally Posted by linky33

Is this the right one?

135$...holy crap
Yeah that's the one i think. Damn i didn't realize how much it costs.

Originally Posted by BLACKURA_NY
damn man, you probably have to spend more time responding to everybodys posts, then actually swapping out your car
I certainly could have a lot more accomplished on the car in relation to how much time i've spent on acurazine. I think a lot of us here could be doing other things rather than browsing this website. IT'S ADDICTING!! haha.
Old 10-17-2008, 01:44 AM
I have car ADD

^ i agree.. i dropped off for a complete month b/c i was so busy, and i realized how much time i save not sitting on my computer all f'ing day... but after like 4 weeks of not posting, i started getting the itch... that moddin' itch need to scratch it !!!
Old 10-17-2008, 02:45 AM
USDM -> JDM

come on.. i think we are all anxious to see some more picss haha
Old 10-17-2008, 03:23 AM
2005 TL (7/07-8/29/09)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It's incredible how much you accomplished in so little time. Props! Can't wait to see the end results.
Old 10-17-2008, 08:25 AM
boost owns

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Fact: Eric's TL is the lifeblood of the Internet.

Discuss.

Also... I'm already in preliminary discusses with the girlfriend type-person about hitting up some of the shows down your way next year... she's on board, so you may see a supercharged CGP TSX covered in blue painter's tape rollin' down from CT for HIN... Gotta see the spaceshuttle in person!
Old 10-17-2008, 09:21 AM
Rev High; Drive Happy

Received 398 Likes on 332 Posts
One time some people insisted on riding in my car on the way to the club. I was like..allright...its up to you guys!
Hahah.. I know I would have taken a seat despite all that metal! =D
Old 10-17-2008, 03:03 PM
Engineer

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
less replies, more pictures!! hahaha...
Old 10-17-2008, 03:18 PM
USDM -> JDM

^ i second that motion.
Old 10-17-2008, 11:38 PM
-Arsenic-

Received 101 Likes on 94 Posts
^ i second that motion.
third
Old 10-18-2008, 04:40 AM
Make Nice, Not Rice

Damn, that's the hottest engine bay I've seen. I wish you were near the bay area, I would definitely pay for you this!
Old 10-21-2008, 11:37 AM
boost owns

I am definitely getting withdrawl on this project... come on Eric! Feed the masses. I know you've been working on this...
Old 10-21-2008, 01:39 PM
I (don't) whine.

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Damnit I just saw this thread and I can't see pics at work
Old 10-21-2008, 06:31 PM
Instructor

still no new pictures? where'd eric go?
Old 10-22-2008, 08:04 AM
Regional Coordinator (Southeast)

Received 3,845 Likes on 2,575 Posts

Yeah it's amazing how it almost looks as if it were made for the TL. Get the autopower!
yeah I would like to but I lose my glove box and have to cut it through my dash I believe which doesnt make me very happy. you also have to cut your rear seats to fit it which since I just installed the authentic matching euro r rear seats I bought seems a bit silly to cut them. but I do want a cage.
Old 10-22-2008, 04:07 PM
200,000 mile club

Received 35 Likes on 15 Posts
I called Eric yesterday but no return call. He must be busy or sleeping off all the days he has ben working on the project. Eric, did you get a service manual yet?
Old 10-24-2008, 07:34 PM
10th Gear

I've just got a new 08 TL type s a couple months ago in auto and I'm regretting it. Was considering swapping the transmission to manual (dont really want to bother trading it for another car).. How much would it be approximately...and you think you can give me some detailed instructions on how to??
Old 10-24-2008, 08:05 PM
200,000 mile club

Way off topic brother......Learn from Eric here............Swap the car, not the Transmission.
Old 10-24-2008, 09:58 PM
steeez

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by o2thesama
I've just got a new 08 TL type s a couple months ago in auto and I'm regretting it. Was considering swapping the transmission to manual (dont really want to bother trading it for another car).. How much would it be approximately...and you think you can give me some detailed instructions on how to??
what a first post, lol@ "you think you can give me detailed instructions on how to do a 6spd swap?"
Old 10-25-2008, 10:16 AM
Cruisin'

Way off topic brother......Learn from Eric here............Swap the car, not the Transmission.
This is True!

Old 10-25-2008, 11:17 AM
94 DC4 RS LSV/Turbo

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
ur still not done? lol
Old 10-25-2008, 01:08 PM
I have car ADD

he aint posting cause hes too busy SWAPPIN'
Old 10-26-2008, 10:39 AM
Instructor

maybe it's that push button starter he posted up a picture about. hmm...can't wait to see that in. i want one too
Old 10-26-2008, 05:14 PM
tehLEGOman

^ i agree.. i dropped off for a complete month b/c i was so busy, and i realized how much time i save not sitting on my computer all f'ing day... but after like 4 weeks of not posting, i started getting the itch... that moddin' itch need to scratch it !!!
Indeed man, a lot can be accomplished away from the computer and acurazine!

come on.. i think we are all anxious to see some more picss haha
MOAR?!

Originally Posted by HONgDA
It's incredible how much you accomplished in so little time. Props! Can't wait to see the end results.
I could have been done a lot quicker, but i've messed with it here and there whenever I feel like tinkering with it. Thanks!

Originally Posted by Audioserf

Discuss.

Also... I'm already in preliminary discusses with the girlfriend type-person about hitting up some of the shows down your way next year... she's on board, so you may see a supercharged CGP TSX covered in blue painter's tape rollin' down from CT for HIN... Gotta see the spaceshuttle in person!
That's awesome man, we'll have to meet up next year for sure. I'll more than likely make it to a show half way between here and CT.

Originally Posted by o4Komodo
Hahah.. I know I would have taken a seat despite all that metal! =D
ha.

Originally Posted by lights
less replies, more pictures!! hahaha...

^ i second that motion.

Originally Posted by 02type-s
third

Originally Posted by ballerjai
Damn, that's the hottest engine bay I've seen. I wish you were near the bay area, I would definitely pay for you this!
Royce Han will polish your manifold for you! I don't know if he's still around he doesn't post much. And thanks man!...i've spent a good amount of time under the hood.

I am definitely getting withdrawl on this project... come on Eric! Feed the masses. I know you've been working on this...
haha. It doesn't look much different than the 5AT one did.

Originally Posted by ussi
Damnit I just saw this thread and I can't see pics at work
Let's trade ECUs!! I'll paypal you monies!

Originally Posted by datnikkavinc
still no new pictures? where'd eric go?
No pics!

Originally Posted by CCColtsicehockey
yeah I would like to but I lose my glove box and have to cut it through my dash I believe which doesnt make me very happy. you also have to cut your rear seats to fit it which since I just installed the authentic matching euro r rear seats I bought seems a bit silly to cut them. but I do want a cage.
Sell the seats! you never have rear passengers anyways. Remember, safety first!

I called Eric yesterday but no return call. He must be busy or sleeping off all the days he has ben working on the project. Eric, did you get a service manual yet?
Jon! I got your message from earlier in the week. I haven't gotten my hands on a copy of the manual. The plan was to run by the dealership, but i've got this weird thing that i'm doing where i'm waiting to see an 09 TL on the road in person before i see it on the lot, so if i go to the dealership it will ruin my plan. haha.

We'll get it done eventually, plenty of time for modding.

Originally Posted by o2thesama
Your username has negative connotations that are associated with it.

Originally Posted by stillhere153
ur still not done? lol
I have failed!

I've been doing this thing where i go to the garage and look at the car, and then retreat!!

Originally Posted by datnikkavinc
maybe it's that push button starter he posted up a picture about. hmm...can't wait to see that in. i want one too

Get one! They're cool. I don't have one yet, but it's a potential mod.
Old 10-26-2008, 06:57 PM
200,000 mile club

Glad to see your alive and well. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't leaving you without any tunes. I know the car sounds great but sometimes you need a song or two. Call me when something pops up.
Old 10-26-2008, 08:16 PM
boost owns

That's awesome man, we'll have to meet up next year for sure. I'll more than likely make it to a show half way between here and CT.
Definitely. It's getting toward that time when us northerners have to shut it down for the season, unfortunately (stock wheels with spacers to fit the BBK are going on at Thanksgiving!) but hey, that gives me the winter season to stash away money for boost.
Old 10-27-2008, 08:20 AM

Discuss.

hey you can be the second CGP TSX at HIN NC then.
Old 10-27-2008, 08:22 AM

Sell the seats! you never have rear passengers anyways. Remember, safety first!

yeah but remember when I started building the car it was about JDM OEM and just that. I dont want to start removing JDM OEM parts for after market parts. I already lost two so that I could design my engine bay theme. I still want to take that award once with the car before doing something like getting rid of the rear seats.
Old 10-27-2008, 08:30 AM
boost owns

Originally Posted by CCColtsicehockey
hey you can be the second CGP TSX at HIN NC then.
Second supercharged CGP TSX at HIN DC. Although by then I'm hoping to be a CGP Accord Type-S... So many mods.
Old 10-27-2008, 09:14 AM
Oderint dum metuant.

Received 534 Likes on 446 Posts
He's busy sitting on ass! I go by there Saturday, a perfect day to work, and he's just lounging around!

I will say, the car looks good, though; it's coming along very nicely. The pics of the engine don't do his handiwork justice.

Eric - about those taillights...I started watching the second game yesterday, and...

...I almost finished them last night. I ran out of epoxy . I knew I wouldn't have enough, but I wasn't able to get any Saturday. One is 99.5% done, and the other is 95% done. They should be finished sometime this week, with a Saturday install. Now, where are my tires?

Quick Reply: 04 5AT to 05 6MT Transformation has Commenced.