04 5AT to 05 6MT Transformation has Commenced.

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2008, 01:58 AM
tehLEGOman

Received 1,983 Likes on 1,336 Posts
J32 doing a little stripping for you guys. She likes to get naked as you can see here in these pics.

Some door panelage comparison.

Diamond black RE30 with Spoon monoblock.

Interior on the 6MT getting closer to completion.

Only an intimation of the clusterfack inside the garage.

Taupe C-pillar panels awaiting deployment.

Potential track setup?

Spare TE, braille 15lber, J's racing c-pillar bar.

A serious jack.

Painted the radiator support beam with Duplicolor Frost white paint.

Gold heat dissipation foil. This is where I got the idea from.

Thanks for looking!
Old 10-06-2008, 02:06 AM
tehLEGOman

Originally Posted by TheWanderer316
So far its looking good, interior looks like a wreck lol, gonna be fun puttin that back together. Did you consider getting the S/C polished? i think it would look pretty good with the manifold.
Thanks man.

The interior was in a state of emergency earlier today. But the Federal relief came, and my buddies Jon and Justin helped get the navi and center console switched over.

I had considered having the entire unit polished, but I have seen other CT superchargers fully polished, so I decided to go a different route. Plus i've developed a fetish for spray painting things, and i can't wait to find this new paint i've been looking for,..smoke black metalcast. It should have the effect of looking like black chrome if it turns out the way i think it might.
Old 10-06-2008, 02:10 AM
tehLEGOman

Thanks local guys!

I want to say thanks to some of the local guys in the area for helping out with the process.

Aaron, BK, Ross, Jon, Jim, and Justin, I appreciate the help!

If anyone else in the area wants to come by and check out the action, just let me know.
Old 10-06-2008, 02:11 AM
'10 Shelby

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Black chrome will look hot. Are those intake runners easily removable? You should get them ported&polished while you have everything apart.
Old 10-06-2008, 02:22 AM
Pro

Received 17 Likes on 4 Posts
damn! thats sexy =P
Old 10-06-2008, 02:26 AM
tehLEGOman

Originally Posted by TheWanderer316
Black chrome will look hot. Are those intake runners easily removable? You should get them ported&polished while you have everything apart.
I have a vision in my head and hopefully when i find the paint and get to test it out, it won't let me down.

As for the intake runners, i forgot to inspect what it would take to get them off. That's not a bad idea at all! Might have to do that.

Originally Posted by xoulu
damn! thats sexy =P
Old 10-06-2008, 02:29 AM
Rev High; Drive Happy

Received 398 Likes on 332 Posts
Holy sweet update =D
Keep up the amazing work.
I like how you have that.. Volk as your spare tire. Hahah.
Have you ever thought of customizing the trunk by having a glass [or pexi glass] as the 'cover' for the spare tire? Someone did this back in the day to a 7G Celica and it looks sweet.
Old 10-06-2008, 02:35 AM
tehLEGOman

Originally Posted by o4Komodo
Holy sweet update =D
Keep up the amazing work.
I like how you have that.. Volk as your spare tire. Hahah.
Have you ever thought of customizing the trunk by having a glass [or pexi glass] as the 'cover' for the spare tire? Someone did this back in the day to a 7G Celica and it looks sweet.
THanks bro!

You like the spare volk huh?! It's come in handy quite a few times in the course of this TLs existence.

There was a time when i had a custom sub enclosure with a raised floor and plexiglass window. The 500/1 amp sat under the spokes inside the barrel of the TE. After I decided to strip the interior, i gave the setup to my buddy Justin.
Old 10-06-2008, 02:53 AM
tehLEGOman

Couple shots from a few weeks back.

Lush vegetation in the southeastern subtropics. A japanese albino rabbit lurks.

There the young broad sits amongst the leaves of the infamous Japanese Maple tree.

Old 10-06-2008, 06:23 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 27 Likes on 21 Posts
hey eric,

That J's racing c-pillar bar .. did it bolt right up? did it make a noticeable difference? where'd u get it?
Old 10-06-2008, 08:42 AM
Oderint dum metuant.

Received 534 Likes on 446 Posts
Originally Posted by ACCURATEin
If anyone else in the area wants to come by and check out the action, just let me know.
I had planned on stopping by Saturday, but failed miserably . Too much going on these days, and no end in sight . The sad thing is, very little of it puts a smile on my face...except opening up the headlights last night . I made up my mind this past Saturday while watching my day waste away that I would come by next Saturday (the 11th). I'll call you this week to see if you're going to be around.
Old 10-06-2008, 12:23 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Eric its coming along. When its all said and done it will be too clean But I'm definately feeling the red on the doors. Its gonna be sicker than aids son! Good work!
Old 10-06-2008, 12:32 PM
Safety Car

Received 219 Likes on 168 Posts
WOW. Sickness.

I want to see vids of your car not the c32's.
Old 10-06-2008, 01:38 PM
Burning Brakes

not too shabby
haha i like it buddy
Old 10-06-2008, 01:42 PM
94 DC4 RS LSV/Turbo

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
christ you waste no time

ps. spoon s2k never gets old
Old 10-06-2008, 03:17 PM
I like to whistle in my

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
AWEsome! -just awesome man.
Hopefully i'll be able to get back to modding soon. No where on your level but still the satisfaction of doing all the stuff to your car yourself- you take so much more pride in it when driving it.
Old 10-06-2008, 03:28 PM
Time to Climb

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts
i wish i was as motivated as u =)
Old 10-06-2008, 03:39 PM
Safety Car

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
WOW! Seriously man, good luck! Looks like a lot of work, but all in all, a good time. To clarify - you're going from the Auto to the 6 MT? You bought the 6 speed? lol
I wish I could swap out my auto
Old 10-06-2008, 08:51 PM
200,000 mile club

Received 35 Likes on 15 Posts
Eric, I was glad to help out as it was a lot of fun. Not to many times I could help take a car apart and build another. Now I am all over the custom navigation wire harness.
Old 10-06-2008, 09:11 PM
The ICEMAN

Awesome work so far, I can't wait to see the finished product.
Old 10-06-2008, 09:12 PM
OMGWTF4THGENTL

Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts
Wow.
So let me get this straight...

You bought a used 6MT WDP/Ebony TL and are farming all your custom work over to it? I'd only assume your plan is to reassemble your 5AT TL with the leftover parts and resell it to recoup some of the investment.

You should swap over the spindles/axles so you can keep the Mu's

Not sure which would have been easier, farming the space shuttle to a new body, or transplanting a 6MT/clutch in...

You're crazy man, hope this works out for, looks like it'll be a good opportunity to ge those details worked that you can never seem to find the tie for (i.e. paint valve cover).

I feel sorry for the buyer of the leftover TL. That'll be one TL thats been rode hard and put away wet.
Old 10-06-2008, 10:05 PM
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
lol ur crazy. But definitely good luck on the project, you have one serious vision.
Old 10-06-2008, 10:23 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Kennedy
Wow.

You bought a used 6MT WDP/Ebony TL and are farming all your custom work over to it? I'd only assume your plan is to reassemble your 5AT TL with the leftover parts and resell it to recoup some of the investment.

Not sure which would have been easier, farming the space shuttle to a new body, or transplanting a 6MT/clutch in...

You're crazy man, hope this works out for, looks like it'll be a good opportunity to ge those details worked that you can never seem to find the tie for (i.e. paint valve cover).

I feel sorry for the buyer of the leftover TL. That'll be one TL thats been rode hard and put away wet.
Which is why i'd never buy any used popular tuner car....
Old 10-07-2008, 12:53 AM
tehLEGOman

Originally Posted by HQTL6SPD
hey eric,

That J's racing c-pillar bar .. did it bolt right up? did it make a noticeable difference? where'd u get it?
Right now it's not in the right location, its just sitting on the rear decklid. But i've located some holes on the C-pillar that i'll mount the bar to. I got it from my friend with the j's racing rsx.

Originally Posted by chill_dog
I had planned on stopping by Saturday, but failed miserably . Too much going on these days, and no end in sight . The sad thing is, very little of it puts a smile on my face...except opening up the headlights last night . I made up my mind this past Saturday while watching my day waste away that I would come by next Saturday (the 11th). I'll call you this week to see if you're going to be around.
You modifying your headlights?! Sweet. Let me know if you want to come on through.

Originally Posted by 3zero3kid
Eric its coming along. When its all said and done it will be too clean But I'm definately feeling the red on the doors. Its gonna be sicker than aids son! Good work!
Thanks bro. I'm glad someone likes the panels.

Originally Posted by JCharged
WOW. Sickness.

I want to see vids of your car not the c32's.
oh haha, i thought you wanted to see a video of the nsx. I keep telling you guys ill get a video going but i fail everytime.

Originally Posted by 04DCTL
not too shabby
haha i like it buddy
Thanks Hayes. How you liking the D2s?

Originally Posted by stillhere153
christ you waste no time

ps. spoon s2k never gets old
A lot of time has been wasted, but overall it's coming along swiftly.

Imagine driving beside the spoon S. The tires make the car sound like an airplane, its a weird sound...kinda scary ahha.

Originally Posted by Meek32v6
AWEsome! -just awesome man.
Hopefully i'll be able to get back to modding soon. No where on your level but still the satisfaction of doing all the stuff to your car yourself- you take so much more pride in it when driving it.
I'm going to feel awesome about it if i can have a successful install on the supercharger and everything else. I want to try and avoid any labor charges if neccessary.

Originally Posted by godfather2
i wish i was as motivated as u =)
I just love cars.

Originally Posted by erick3
WOW! Seriously man, good luck! Looks like a lot of work, but all in all, a good time. To clarify - you're going from the Auto to the 6 MT? You bought the 6 speed? lol
I wish I could swap out my auto
Thanks for the luck, sometimes i feel i need it! I've got the auto and 6MT right now.

Originally Posted by mmade22
Eric, I was glad to help out as it was a lot of fun. Not to many times I could help take a car apart and build another. Now I am all over the custom navigation wire harness.
Thanks again for making this project a little easier with your help. Imagine if we would have went ahead and pulled the dash out!!

Originally Posted by WillrunifChased
Awesome work so far, I can't wait to see the finished product.
Thanks man, me too. I think it's going to look good.

Originally Posted by Kennedy
Wow.

I purchased a 6MT/Taupe/non-navi. Most of the parts from the 5AT are being relocated to the 6MT, including the nav unit.

Originally Posted by Walshstl
lol ur crazy. But definitely good luck on the project, you have one serious vision.
I am crazy. Sometimes. haha. Thanks for the luck.
Old 10-07-2008, 12:56 AM
FizzyStatus!

Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts
How about some Voltex love on this beast? Please? haha

Old 10-07-2008, 12:58 AM
tehLEGOman

I FOUND THE SMOKE METALCAST PAINT!

It took 4 different venues to find what i was looking for, found it at autozone. Should have went there to begin with.

Here's the blower before.

Here it is now as it sits in the garage.

And hopefully tomorrow if i get around to it, ill test this paint out. I've got high hopes for it, the damn stuff better not let me down. Wish me luck!!
Old 10-07-2008, 01:01 AM
tehLEGOman

Originally Posted by ballinfizzle89
How about some Voltex love on this beast? Please? haha

Well I guess it could use a little voltex parts...maybe a voltex WING?! I was hoping my brother or BK would mount a wing first, and then it would inspire me to go forth. But maybe, just maybe, i'll go do the damn thing.
Old 10-07-2008, 01:04 AM
wat

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Well I guess it could use a little voltex parts...maybe a voltex WING?! I was hoping my brother or BK would mount a wing first, and then it would inspire me to go forth. But maybe, just maybe, i'll go do the damn thing.

Please do it!!!! Or at least try it out
Old 10-07-2008, 01:11 AM
tehLEGOman

Originally Posted by scotterson
Please do it!!!! Or at least try it out
Well I do believe i might have the opportunity to sit the j's racing wing on my trunk in the next couple weeks. My buddy with the j's racing rsx is supposed to be getting his wing in finally. He told me let's test fit it!! So at the least we can have some pictures of the TL with a wing .
Old 10-07-2008, 04:04 AM
Instructor

Lot's of work going on in that garage . GL to you man maybe one day I'll get to come up and see you . Nice ambitiuos project .
Old 10-07-2008, 07:20 AM
Oderint dum metuant.

Received 534 Likes on 446 Posts
You modifying your headlights?! Sweet. Let me know if you want to come on through.
Yep. I've been modifying the taillights for six months (?) now...not having the time and motivation at the same time kills me. I was about to finish them up when I stumbled across a set of headlights for a good price. I figured I'd do all of my painting at once, so I've been waiting for various things (paint, heat gun, the time to do it). Ideally, I'll be painting this weekend. However, the headlights won't be finished until I get a damn diffuser...no telling how long I'll have to wait for that.

I'll call you Saturday...will try to stop by in the afternoon after I get the painting done.
Old 10-07-2008, 11:55 AM
Cruisin'

2 TL =

that makes me want a second TSX.... one for racing, one for pimpin.
Old 10-07-2008, 05:35 PM
Cruising in my

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
J32 doing a little stripping for you guys. She likes to get naked as you can see here in these pics.
]

Slut!
Old 10-07-2008, 06:42 PM
Engineer

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
eric,
you need to post at least a picture a day to keep us updated.
Old 10-07-2008, 07:12 PM
tehLEGOman

Originally Posted by win63dow
Lot's of work going on in that garage . GL to you man maybe one day I'll get to come up and see you . Nice ambitiuos project .
It's definitely a whole lotta work! Thanks for the good luck. Just let me know if you're ever headed this way.

Originally Posted by chill_dog
Yep. I've been modifying the taillights for six months (?) now...not having the time and motivation at the same time kills me. I was about to finish them up when I stumbled across a set of headlights for a good price. I figured I'd do all of my painting at once, so I've been waiting for various things (paint, heat gun, the time to do it). Ideally, I'll be painting this weekend. However, the headlights won't be finished until I get a damn diffuser...no telling how long I'll have to wait for that.

I'll call you Saturday...will try to stop by in the afternoon after I get the painting done.
Just let me know Jack. I'll be around.

Originally Posted by CallmeNam
2 TL =

that makes me want a second TSX.... one for racing, one for pimpin.
Sell the xB and the evo! Or just buy the i-moto tsx. I wonder what they do with the car once they're done with it?

Lets snap some pics next time of you car and my car.

Originally Posted by eh? spec
]

Slut!
haha.

Originally Posted by lights
eric,
you need to post at least a picture a day to keep us updated.
I should i should! That would be nice of me wouldnt it?!
Old 10-07-2008, 09:12 PM
Safety Car

Received 481 Likes on 290 Posts
Thanks for the pics thus far.

Godspeed !

for more pics.
Old 10-07-2008, 09:21 PM
Burning Brakes

I am loving the D2's so far man!
and as for the wing, me and my buddy laid his EM2 wing up to my car and it actually looked like it was made for the car
i kind of liked it haha
Old 10-07-2008, 10:49 PM
Pro

hey are you gonna be selling any of the A, B, or C pillar trim pieces? i was planning on getting some wrapped in black, but want to do it to spare let, lemme kno!!
Old 10-08-2008, 12:12 AM
FizzyStatus!

Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts
Well I do believe i might have the opportunity to sit the j's racing wing on my trunk in the next couple weeks. My buddy with the j's racing rsx is supposed to be getting his wing in finally. He told me let's test fit it!! So at the least we can have some pictures of the TL with a wing .
Haha damn, that thing is like $1500 bucks! I love the J's Racing 3D GT Wings and the Voltex Type V's. Take pics when you put it up there!
Old 10-08-2008, 12:35 AM
I have car ADD

Received 51 Likes on 38 Posts
looking good.. i think every local AZ member should stop by at one point, to give a hand for one of the most beloved and talked about 3G TL's ever...

if you were in NY, id surely be there with a socket wrench taking that thing apart... i may not know that many cars ... but i know the 3G like the back of my hand... wish i could give a hand in your swap... just make sure you do all the good stuff before the blower (pre-cats and/or innovative mounts)

Quick Reply: 04 5AT to 05 6MT Transformation has Commenced.