****05 TL and 04 RX8****

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2005 | 04:49 PM
PresMoe Rotary

Originally Posted by apwalsh
I didn't think you were being an ass at all. I'm not saying that the RX-8 is garbage, I'm just saying that I didn't find it as fast as I thought it should have been, and that my butt-dyno felt the TL was a bit faster. I don't really consider either of them "FAST" but they aren't slouches either. It seems that in the 1/4 the TL and RX-8 put up very similar times, too similar to definitively say one is faster than the other. I think there is a member here that put up low 14s stock in a TL, which the RX-8 is also capable of doing according to your numbers, which I am not doubting. So both are mid to low 14 cars, if driven properly according to us and the mags.

Both cars are about the same, the RX does not put faster numbers up, it puts the same numbers up. I'm talking MT vs MT. It's really dependant on the drivers, not the cars in this case.

Correct, STi and Evo are not sports cars. They are SUPER fast econo-boxes! They would make a nice toy though.

Again, I'm not trying to say the RX is slow at all, please do not take it that way.
I understand! You and I agree on one thing for sure, that it would be a drivers race, MT vs MT!
Old 08-04-2005 | 04:50 PM
PresMoe Rotary

Originally Posted by pearl04
You sure do have your evidence together.
I try just for the people who have doubts. Plus I'm a car enthusiast in general!
Old 08-04-2005 | 04:55 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by ccasmoe00
I understand! You and I agree on one thing for sure, that it would be a drivers race, MT vs MT!
Isn't it nice to reach a common ground? Congrats on the TL, sounds like you are putting together a nice stable there.
Old 08-04-2005 | 04:57 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by Cha726
well if you are going to go by the mags in C&D it has the 6mt TL 0-60 at 5.7 so that means that the tl is still faster then a RX-8 0-60 at 5.9.
I'm sure that there's at least two other mags that have the TL @ 5.9 and the RX @ 5.7. I'm also sure that there's even at least two more mags that have the TL @ 5.7 and the RX @ 5.9 or similar numbers. The fact is that the cars are extremely close in a straight line and the times can be off depending on who is doing the testing.
Old 08-04-2005 | 06:41 PM
PresMoe Rotary

I'm sure that there's at least two other mags that have the TL @ 5.9 and the RX @ 5.7. I'm also sure that there's even at least two more mags that have the TL @ 5.7 and the RX @ 5.9 or similar numbers. The fact is that the cars are extremely close in a straight line and the times can be off depending on who is doing the testing.
I agree with that too.
Old 08-04-2005 | 06:56 PM
Cruisin'

I agree with that too.
I agree totally... Theres alot of different factors, I myself have gotten my 04 TL (which i swear is faster than the 05) 6 speed manual transmission faster than the 5.9 sec 0-60. But the RX-8 is an awesome car. I test drove it one weekend, and the salesman and I drove around for about 30 min. It was amazing... The handling, the acceleration, the all around feel of the car. I was inches away from purchasing it (instead of a TL) but the room is very limited. If i was to ever buy a car to turbo out it would be the RX-8. Sweet rides man. I mean sweet.
Old 08-05-2005 | 08:36 AM
Intermediate

which is what im trying to say, you cant go by the mags ,so by posting up R@T info to state that the RX is faster means nothing. On another note... I'll whip you any day buddy!!
Old 08-05-2005 | 08:36 AM
PresMoe Rotary

"ApWalsh" look what I found. The CTS-V, 350Z, Porsche, Mustang GT's and BMW's all have more power but just cant hang with a good driver and a Track!

J/K just wanted to share some pics of an RX8 owner that I know who races his car at Barber Motorsports Park along with some other 8's. Pics were taken on 08/03/05.

RX8 & CTS-V

In Corner

RX8 & Porsche

RX & 350Z

RX8 & The Bunch

Bunch of Cars
Old 08-05-2005 | 10:28 AM
Shift_faster

ccasmoe00:

I'll say this much. I appreciate the fact that you have facts to back you up, and that you are not so biased towards YOUR car. Oftentimes in forums you find people ready to argue their vehicle of choice to anyone and everyone regardless of whether it is warranted or not. As a few people ahead of my said, the RX-8 is a great handling car. Enjoy it.

Good luck with your wife's new TL as well.
Old 09-15-2005 | 03:39 PM
LiveStrong -Tour de Lance

Without a question of a doubt, it is the drivers. Hasquel & Tremlea, drivers of the #70 are in first place again this year in the Grand American series. the Acura and BMW always finish right there with them. Of the 28 +/- cars that ran at Barber in the ST class, 9 were RX-8s. The Acura and BMW were AWESOME and the 8 only took the win in the last lap or two. Some of the best racing I've ever seen. But the other 8's could not keep up. The 4 Speedsource 8's were basically identical. I love my RX-8 and I have the utmost respect for the Acura.

Actually, I really wanted to buy the CL TypeS but they were discontinued and hard to find new. And that brings up a question. Will Acura go back to the CL or is it out of production for good? I saw a prototype one time online and it was the sweetest auto I've seen in a long long time.

ccasmoe00, I can't think of two better looking cars in a driveway than what you have. Unless the Acura was Silver!

By the way, thanks for posting images from my site, I hope you don't mind me pushing it a little more as I love racing photography and would like for you guys to visit often. The links above don't take you to the main page and I thought it fitting to take you in the front door instead of the back.

http://silvereightstudio.com
Old 09-15-2005 | 04:10 PM
My Garage

Whats up with the font size changes?

It is good to see someone at least back up there thoughts with good info though
Old 09-15-2005 | 05:32 PM
I like to whistle in my

You have three nice rides there
congrats
Old 09-15-2005 | 08:58 PM
mio
Police

this is mine:

my tl:

etc...
Old 04-15-2006 | 11:04 AM
PresMoe Rotary

Hey guys, haven't been on for a while. I've been MIA. Just wanted to share some good news from one of my fellow friends who own a Turboed 8. As I stated before, he was getting high 13's. He has gotten some tuning done and has now gotten a 13.1 in the 1/4 at the drag strip. Says he running at mid boost.

Here's his slip. I'm going to be uploading the video he took in a couple hours if any would like to see that for proof.