Who makes J-pipes and what's the power/price?

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2011, 02:06 AM
Banned

Received 113 Likes on 91 Posts
Question Who makes J-pipes and what's the power/price?

Please keep this civil as a lot of people would like to know the same answers to these questions before making their purchases. Maybe the companies can answer the question about their products directly here vs. referring us to their website.

I'm looking at purchasing a J-pipe and hi-flow cats on my stock exhaust. What can I an other members expect from this set-up from the different J-pipes you (xyx companies) offer?

Here are the questions most ask themselves that i hope can make this a sticky thread.

How much power can I expect from your (insert Company's) J-pipe if:

A. I leave everything else stock?
B. Add Hi-flow cats w/ stock exhaust?
C. Add straight pipes w/ stock exhaust?
D. Add exhaust with cats stock?
E. Add exhaust w/ hi-flow cats?
F. Add exhaust w/ Straight pipes?
G. Is it even worth it to change mufflers while leaving stock piping and what if anything can one expect to gain (HP/TQ) from that??

Remember that these questions are if a TL/TL-S owner is buying your brands J-pipe. It would be great if a rep or employee of companies selling J-pipes could reply to these Questions then have moderators paste them in this original post. Other members please chime in on your opinions please as you own these and have different setups. Please don't say what you "think", Tell me what you "know".

Thank you so much. This will be a huge help for me and I hope for others that may live in states that may have inspections or other issues...

Des,

Last edited by ParaSurfer1979; 01-31-2011 at 02:08 AM.
Old 01-31-2011, 09:13 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 269 Likes on 229 Posts
I think those questions are too specific. I mean, look at how much HP each mod adds, so add and subtract accordingly to your questions and get yourself a ball park figure. Unless dyno tested specifically with those conditions in your questions, no one can tell you for sure.
Old 01-31-2011, 09:39 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by myron
I think those questions are too specific. I mean, look at how much HP each mod adds, so add and subtract accordingly to your questions and get yourself a ball park figure. Unless dyno tested specifically with those conditions in your questions, no one can tell you for sure.
Duh and that why I asked for company reps to chime in and only owners to give opinions of the products. My ad was very specific in that nature as well...lol. Don't know how more clear I could have been.
Old 01-31-2011, 09:42 AM
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Old 01-31-2011, 09:54 AM
'06 WDP TL 6MT

Received 58 Likes on 50 Posts
Looks like the point of this thread is to compile some info in one place. The OP knows who sells/makes j-pipes. I do agree the questions are a bit too specific though. The exact HP gains from one to the other is probably not possible to compare. I think the best you can dos is to say that, in general, a j-pipe on an otherwise-stock car gives ~x HP increase. To try and compare the increase between one brand vs another is unreasonable IMO.
Old 01-31-2011, 11:04 AM
All motor

Received 532 Likes on 395 Posts
(To the rhythm of the chorus of Rihanna - Who's that Chick) since it's in my head.

If you use the search button you...will find the answer to this...PLEASE USE SEARCH....PLEASE USE SEARCH.
Old 01-31-2011, 01:22 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 624 Likes on 478 Posts
How much power can I expect from XLR8's J-pipe if:

10-15 HP and 15-20 TQ

We only offer a high flow third cat, which will probably add 3-4 HP.

UNSURE

10 HP/TQ

UNSURE SINCE WE DO NOT PRODUCE HIGH FLOW PRE-CATS

UNSURE

G. Is it even worth it to change mufflers while leaving stock piping and what if anything can one expect to gain (HP/TQ) from that??

UNSURE

We do not produce just mufflers, nor just straight pipes so we are unsure of the exact gains of these modifications. Also, each car responds different to our modifications and each dyno will report differently.
The following 3 users liked this post by Excelerate:
alexSU (09-13-2012), Ciroqboy (10-13-2013), IntactACK (01-10-2013)
Old 01-31-2011, 02:23 PM
All motor

No matter how many threads on Jpipes there are about the same thing, you can bet Josh will be there to answer any questions ANYONE may have.
Old 01-31-2011, 02:35 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Sonnick
(To the rhythm of the chorus of Rihanna - Who's that Chick) since it's in my head.

If you use the search button you...will find the answer to this...PLEASE USE SEARCH....PLEASE USE SEARCH.
You know what. Thats not the purpose of this thread. Im trying to reduce all the threads byn compiling info to 1 for everyone who produces J-pipes. Please read in entirety bro. You know me by now from too (A&Fbro28).
Old 01-31-2011, 02:39 PM
Banned

No matter how many threads on Jpipes there are about the same thing, you can bet Josh will be there to answer any questions ANYONE may have.
That was the whole purpose DUDE!!!. I just wanted others to comment on how they liked the mod and what set-up they had on THEIR car at the time of their review. This is why i was so descriptive. Thank the Lord someone Finally got it. Thank You Josh!!!
Old 01-31-2011, 02:47 PM
Banned

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Excelerate
How much power can I expect from XLR8's J-pipe if:

10-15 HP and 15-20 TQ

We only offer a high flow third cat, which will probably add 3-4 HP.

UNSURE

10 HP/TQ

UNSURE SINCE WE DO NOT PRODUCE HIGH FLOW PRE-CATS

UNSURE

UNSURE

We do not produce just mufflers, nor just straight pipes so we are unsure of the exact gains of these modifications. Also, each car responds different to our modifications and each dyno will report differently.
I'm thinking more and more I may just do J-pipe and hi-flow cat while leaving the exhaust stock to keep this car slightly more sleeper than i have in the past while giving a nice sound emitted from adding the two mods i mentioned and use the money i save on exhaust elsewhere (wheels or in my savings account ).

I do hope you understand Josh what i'm trying to do. Thank you VERY much bro.
Old 01-31-2011, 02:51 PM

Received 16,261 Likes on 11,972 Posts
Des, I have the RV6 V3 jpipe which takes away the 3rd cat.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eTifsJrqcaE

I am stock except for this mod.
I dont hear an audible difference and my passengers dont know that I have switched out pipes. Every one thinks i'm stock

i did feel a noticeable difference with the top end. 3rd gear 50-80mph is a rush!
I can take more videos for you tonight, if you wish.
Old 01-31-2011, 03:22 PM
All motor

Originally Posted by ParaSurfer1979
You know what. Thats not the purpose of this thread. Im trying to reduce all the threads byn compiling info to 1 for everyone who produces J-pipes. Please read in entirety bro. You know me by now from too (A&Fbro28).
Yes, I understand. I apologize for coming off as a douche. However, there are 352839475243 threads on Jpipes and a lot of them are "trying to make 1 thread to compile all the information." I'm just saying you really didnt' need to start a thread about them all. If you search "Jpipe comparison" there are about 92 threads. The best one I've come across was made by 04accordcpe. Just saying.
Old 01-31-2011, 08:15 PM
Banned

Yes, I understand. I apologize for coming off as a douche. However, there are 352839475243 threads on Jpipes and a lot of them are "trying to make 1 thread to compile all the information." I'm just saying you really didnt' need to start a thread about them all. If you search "Jpipe comparison" there are about 92 threads. The best one I've come across was made by 04accordcpe. Just saying.
Well in thought with more j-pipes being made it would be a good idea. If there are so many out there then why arent moderators deleting these? Thanks for the apology. I just thought it would be a prolific idea. I'm sorry. For adding to the problem.
Old 01-31-2011, 08:16 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by justnspace
Des, I have the RV6 V3 jpipe which takes away the 3rd cat.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eTifsJrqcaE

I am stock except for this mod.
I dont hear an audible difference and my passengers dont know that I have switched out pipes. Every one thinks i'm stock

i did feel a noticeable difference with the top end. 3rd gear 50-80mph is a rush!
I can take more videos for you tonight, if you wish.
Wow thx. awesome I'd like that. It sounds deeper to me. Just subtle like I like.
The following users liked this post:
solo79 (06-25-2012)
Old 01-31-2011, 08:31 PM

remember, I put the cam right next to the exhaust pipe.
Old 01-31-2011, 09:56 PM
Chapter Leader (San Antonio)

Received 433 Likes on 319 Posts
RV6 V3 J-pipe + HFC Pre-Cats ftmfw
Old 02-01-2011, 12:38 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by TheChamp531
RV6 V3 J-pipe + HFC Pre-Cats ftmfw
ftmfw=? lol.
Old 02-01-2011, 12:39 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by justnspace
remember, I put the cam right next to the exhaust pipe.
Ever though of Hi-flow cats?
Old 02-01-2011, 03:40 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 491 Likes on 233 Posts
It is really hard to answer all those questions with different types of dynos and a plethora of different conditions.

Here is a before and after dyno of the V3 jpipe done on a bone stock 05 TL base auto. The runs were done back to back with a ECU reseting before each run.

Name:  RV6_V3_Jpipe_dyno.jpg
Views: 2202
Size:  47.4 KB
Old 02-01-2011, 08:32 AM
All motor

ftmfw=? lol.
For the mother 'effin win.
Old 02-01-2011, 08:33 AM

Ever though of Hi-flow cats?
of course! i have!
it'll make more POWER!
Old 02-02-2011, 12:30 AM
2007 TL Type-S NBP

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
I'm a noob here. I see plenty of post saying "use the search" but every time I try to search something I get every thread on the site. i.e. search "j-pipe" and I get every thread where someone has a j-pipe mod listed in their signature. The only way I can find anything is to google it and click on the links to acurazine.com. Any tips on making the on site search function in a meaningful way?
The following 2 users liked this post by jpgayan:
catesbros (04-20-2012), Ciroqboy (10-14-2013)
Old 02-02-2011, 12:47 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Richie v6
It is really hard to answer all those questions with different types of dynos and a plethora of different conditions.

Here is a before and after dyno of the V3 jpipe done on a bone stock 05 TL base auto. The runs were done back to back with a ECU reseting before each run.

You're a manufacturer. U can def answer what you can like Josh did. I expect others just to give feedback. Not numbers. You manufacture products for TL no? Then shouldn't you be able to show us what your parts do? As for that dyno, I don't follow. Most show Tq#'s on left anf hp#'s on Right and the TQ/HO numbers intersect at at 5250rpm do they not? I've just never seen a dyno done like that. I'm very sorry. Thank you for responding to my email and attempting to share your data with the members. This is a not a my product is better than yours thread but an information tread on J-pipes/str8 pipes/hi-flow cats thread from the 3 manufactures and the power they can provide. The customer can decide which product is best for their set-up after seeing the hard numbers all on one thread was my idea. I'd love to see you hard stats you can provide.

Thank you soo much Ryan.
Old 02-02-2011, 12:49 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by jpgayan
I'm a noob here. I see plenty of post saying "use the search" but every time I try to search something I get every thread on the site. i.e. search "j-pipe" and I get every thread where someone has a j-pipe mod listed in their signature. The only way I can find anything is to google it and click on the links to acurazine.com. Any tips on making the on site search function in a meaningful way?
be more direct. instead of j-pipe. maybe say 05 acura tl j-pipe with apexi exhaust What exactly r u looking for?
Old 02-02-2011, 03:46 AM

You're a manufacturer. U can def answer what you can like Josh did. I expect others just to give feedback. Not numbers. You manufacture products for TL no? Then shouldn't you be able to show us what your parts do? As for that dyno, I don't follow. Most show Tq#'s on left anf hp#'s on Right and the TQ/HO numbers intersect at at 5250rpm do they not? I've just never seen a dyno done like that. I'm very sorry. Thank you for responding to my email and attempting to share your data with the members. This is a not a my product is better than yours thread but an information tread on J-pipes/str8 pipes/hi-flow cats thread from the 3 manufactures and the power they can provide. The customer can decide which product is best for their set-up after seeing the hard numbers all on one thread was my idea. I'd love to see you hard stats you can provide.

Thank you soo much Ryan.
I'm sorry, but that's just dumb. I know you're doing it to benefit Acurazine and its "newbies", but its really unnecessary.

You do realize this thread is just like ALL the other ones, they will just go past the first page and no one will ever read it again until they search.

What's the point in trying to talk about the power/price? If you use your head, you can navigate to there website where they have full information regarding there products and what they do. Come on now, lets use common sense. If you can't find it via AZ search, type, Google: ACURAZINE RV6 J-pipe etc...

Richie doesn't need to explain this in this thread considering he has 3 THREADS OPEN ON PAGE 1. I know you're trying to help, but this is getting beyond stupid. Have a nice day
Old 02-02-2011, 03:52 AM

I can sum up the J-pipes for you.

It replaces the stock J-pipe which is shaped as a J, which is part of your exhaust system.

They are 3 companies (not including the old Labree Performance J-pipe) that makes the J-pipe for our TL and they are RV6, XLR8, and ATLP. All 3 companies are reliable, and GREAT in customer service & of course all vendors here on AZ.

ATLP V1 & V2 are nearly the same in performance, except V2 is drop-friendly.

XLR8 performance is better than the ATLP by a small margin and should be good for a max of a 2" drop.

RV6 V3 J-pipe is, according to experience/dyno, is the best J-pipe so far. It is similar to the Labree Performance J-pipe where it deletes the 3rd cat. Most free-flowing J-pipe.

So why the difference?

Exhaust Scavenging. Google it. Search it. Don't want to explain. Or message the information GURU Innacurate.

I don't have problems with people asking questions, but this is getting to repetitive. Do your own research online before asking tons of questions.
I'm in college, and if I just asked questions to my professor 24/7 without reading the book, he wouldn't answer any of them. I wonder why...

Last edited by TheChamp531; 02-02-2011 at 03:54 AM.
Old 02-02-2011, 07:41 AM
#ForcedInductionFamily

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Thank you soo much Ryan.
I'm sure this thread is going to get locked soon, but there really are a ton of threads out there that answer your questions already.

As far as hard numbers, Richie AND Josh showed you their numbers. It's a little bold to chide Richie for posting up a dyno chart when you can't figure out how to read it. It might be coming off this way but I'm really not trying to be a dick...because I'm not. But I would thank Josh and Richie for even bothering to post in this thread considering they have both posted the answers to your same questions in other threads that can be searched with about 15 seconds worth of effort.

Your time would probably be better spent just perusing this forum and reading up on the threads other members have posted
Old 02-02-2011, 12:41 PM
Banned

It replaces the stock J-pipe which is shaped as a J, which is part of your exhaust system.

They are 3 companies (not including the old Labree Performance J-pipe) that makes the J-pipe for our TL and they are RV6, XLR8, and ATLP. All 3 companies are reliable, and GREAT in customer service & of course all vendors here on AZ.

XLR8 performance is better than the ATLP by a small margin and should be good for a max of a 2" drop.

RV6 V3 J-pipe is, according to experience/dyno, is the best J-pipe so far. It is similar to the Labree Performance J-pipe where it deletes the 3rd cat. Most free-flowing J-pipe.

So why the difference?

Exhaust Scavenging. Google it. Search it. Don't want to explain. Or message the information GURU Innacurate.

I don't have problems with people asking questions, but this is getting to repetitive. Do your own research online before asking tons of questions.
I'm in college, and if I just asked questions to my professor 24/7 without reading the book, he wouldn't answer any of them. I wonder why...
That'll do. Thank you for that info bro. Since I'm being shunned for attempting to do something good on J-pipies, Moderators feel free to lock this thread and let all the folk complaining continue to see more j-pipe threads to the millions already out there.
Old 02-02-2011, 12:43 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by WRXtranceformed
I'm sure this thread is going to get locked soon, but there really are a ton of threads out there that answer your questions already.

As far as hard numbers, Richie AND Josh showed you their numbers. It's a little bold to chide Richie for posting up a dyno chart when you can't figure out how to read it. It might be coming off this way but I'm really not trying to be a dick...because I'm not. But I would thank Josh and Richie for even bothering to post in this thread considering they have both posted the answers to your same questions in other threads that can be searched with about 15 seconds worth of effort.

Your time would probably be better spent just perusing this forum and reading up on the threads other members have posted
Really? Are some folks the almighty that can't be touched or scrutinized or have their thread locked. Really? Ha Ha Ha!!! You kiss a lot of guy butts in your day it looks like...
Old 02-02-2011, 12:48 PM

Des, its not because you're being shunned. its because the info is already out there.
A successful stickied thread involves having the information already presented. if you were to do the homework and compile everything into one, i'm sure this thread would be stickied and would be beneficial to others.But its a lot of hard work for one man.
Ive tried several times to write up a thread but realized in the end, the info is already presented, you just have to hunt and peck for it.
Old 02-02-2011, 01:18 PM
#ForcedInductionFamily

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Really? Are some folks the almighty that can't be touched or scrutinized or have their thread locked. Really? Ha Ha Ha!!! You kiss a lot of guy butts in your day it looks like...
It doesn't have anything to do with kissing butts or being almighty, it's just that the information you asked for has been posted and discussed before. A LOT.

When people point that out to an OP and the OP starts to get defensive is when threads generally get locked. That's all.
Old 02-02-2011, 04:49 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 930 Likes on 612 Posts

So why the difference?

In all fairness to the ATLP and XLR8 J pipes though, I bet if those were dynoed with a race pipe in place of the third cat they'd make power closer to the RV6 which of course already incorporates a third cat delete.

Just something to keep in mind.
Old 02-02-2011, 05:18 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by WRXtranceformed
It doesn't have anything to do with kissing butts or being almighty, it's just that the information you asked for has been posted and discussed before. A LOT.

When people point that out to an OP and the OP starts to get defensive is when threads generally get locked. That's all.
Like I said. If this thread isn't gonna fix then redundant asking. Then lock It. I didn't as for me. I've visited each of the sites. I know which one im getting as im about HP/dollar. The rest of the members i asked to post their set-ups and maybe videos to hear the sound. Only stats i wanted were from manufacturers mouths. and not anyone else.
Old 02-02-2011, 10:10 PM
2007 TL Type-S NBP

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
ParaSurfer1979, I'm just looking for people with recent real life experience with doing a PCD and j-pipe install and the sound they've experienced. I would love to add the power and mpg to my new TL-S 6MT but don't want my luxury sport sedan to sound like some high school kids riced out Civic. It seems like people dealing with raspyness have aftermarket exhausts, often w/o resonators, but I want to make sure my new car doesn't go too far toward the dark side. lol I'm planning on leaving my stock cat back exhaust in place (love the look) and just doing the new RV6 V3 PCD's and J-pipe. I quit my job to go back to school so money is a bit tight. I don't mind spending money on a sure thing but can't afford to be buying things just to have to sell them at discount prices if they don't work out. Thanks for any advice you or others can offer.
Old 02-02-2011, 10:18 PM

ParaSurfer1979, I'm just looking for people with recent real life experience with doing a PCD and j-pipe install and the sound they've experienced. I would love to add the power and mpg to my new TL-S 6MT but don't want my luxury sport sedan to sound like some high school kids riced out Civic. It seems like people dealing with raspyness have aftermarket exhausts, often w/o resonators, but I want to make sure my new car doesn't go too far toward the dark side. lol I'm planning on leaving my stock cat back exhaust in place (love the look) and just doing the new RV6 V3 PCD's and J-pipe. I quit my job to go back to school so money is a bit tight. I don't mind spending money on a sure thing but can't afford to be buying things just to have to sell them at discount prices if they don't work out. Thanks for any advice you or others can offer.
Since no one has received the V3 PCD's, we cant really comment.
But by the looks and stats of the V3 PCD's, they are thicker and most likely get rid of the tinny noise associated with rasp.
If this turns out to be true, I wouldn't mind getting me a set.
-Justin
Old 02-03-2011, 04:15 AM
Banned

Ok so here is what I'm going to do after chatting with josh after looking at his very informative response in this thread while listenin to Justins video. I want what you want. More power int the area of the rpm's I use everyday. I"ll be doing XLR8's J-pipe (15-20hp/20-25tq) w/ 3rd cat delete (4-5hp/no tq #'s given) while keeping stock exhaust. This will give me the power I want while upping the mellowness a few db's. I can't not look past getting the Takeda CAI (14hp/14tq) to hear the j32 spraying VTEC at full song making the total gain a decent estimated minimum-(33hp/34tq) or MAXIMUM-(39hp/39tq w/o 3rd cat delete tq #'s). These are my estimates and no one else's. I may think to add exhaust later but doubt it for only 10 for an avg of 900.00. I work off a scale of horsepower per dollar. XLR8's J-pipe makes the most power for the money And that is why I chose them over the other 2.

I wanted this thread to not only be a place for manufactures to post their #'s and prices but to also let members share with us the set-ups they chose and their opinion after install with power, mpg differences or if they experienced and droan with their set-up. Thanks guys. Please keep opinions coming. I may change my mind on the exhaust if i hear the different members set-up vids from inside and out the car

Last edited by ParaSurfer1979; 02-03-2011 at 04:20 AM.
Old 02-03-2011, 08:37 AM
BANNED

Received 2,885 Likes on 1,784 Posts
i've got richies v3 jpipe and xlr8 quad exhaust.

the sound is sex.

i just got an aem v2 intake.

after i install it, better sex.

waiting on the richies v3 pcds.

after i install it, best sex ever.

...now what kind of videos were you looking for?
Old 02-03-2011, 08:40 AM
'06 WDP TL 6MT

Received 58 Likes on 50 Posts
^ Post of the year nominee. Excellent use of smilies.
Old 02-03-2011, 09:19 AM
All motor

Originally Posted by anx1300c
In all fairness to the ATLP and XLR8 J pipes though, I bet if those were dynoed with a race pipe in place of the third cat they'd make power closer to the RV6 which of course already incorporates a third cat delete.

Just something to keep in mind.
Well, the reason why Richie's v3 Jpipe deleted the 3rd cat was to lengthen the primaries. The V3 has the longest primaries of any Jpipe made for us, and is why more power is made. The XLR8 has slightly shorter primaries, but a better merge. Honestly, the difference in gains between these 2 should be minimal at best.

You are correct in your statement though. I just realized what you were actually saying lol.

Quick Reply: Who makes J-pipes and what's the power/price?