Update from COMPTECH

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2006, 11:33 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Update from COMPTECH

I just spent a 1/2 hour talking to Nate at Comptech.

Just a few things:

1. As Lookinco has stated, a High Boost Pulley is available for 04-06 TL, I just ordered one. (It has not been tested, so it's use at your own risk.)

2. Comptech and Hondata are still working on a reflash. Like I have said before, Hondata is still in the process of making a wiring harness. I have been told maybe by the end of next month.

3. Comptech should have a Type S in their hands in the next week or two. He said they would be doing fitment and testing soon after that. So, you all with the Type S should have a few goodies pretty soon. But, as we seen before, Comptech like to take there time.
Old 10-24-2006, 11:51 AM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by dan.....k
I just spent a 1/2 hour talking to Nate at Comptech.

Just a few things:

1. As Lookinco has stated, a High Boost Pulley is available for 04-06 TL, I just ordered one. (It has not been tested, so it's use at your own risk.)

2. Comptech and Hondata are still working on a reflash. Like I have said before, Hondata is still in the process of making a wiring harness. I have been told maybe by the end of next month.

3. Comptech should have a Type S in their hands in the next week or two. He said they would be doing fitment and testing soon after that. So, you all with the Type S should have a few goodies pretty soon. But, as we seen before, Comptech like to take there time.

thanks for the update bro. i'll call them today to order one!! i read somewhere on here that somebody already has one, but he's only boosting up to 8 pounds... do you know if they have one that can push 10?
Old 10-24-2006, 12:28 PM

Originally Posted by Cody1277
thanks for the update bro. i'll call them today to order one!! i read somewhere on here that somebody already has one, but he's only boosting up to 8 pounds... do you know if they have one that can push 10?
You would probably blow your motor if you run 10 psi. I was told the pulley will bring the boost up to 7.5 psi or so. REMEMBER, USE THIS PULLEY AT YOUR OWN RISK! I would like a better review of this pulley from Lookinco, if possible.
Old 10-24-2006, 12:38 PM

I just cancelled my order for the pulley. After talking to Ryan in the tech dept, I want to see a dyno graph and see what lookinco says about his car running lean and possible detonation. He warned about possibly maxing out the injectors at high RPMs.
Old 10-24-2006, 12:42 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I just cancelled my order for the pulley. After talking to Ryan in the tech dept, I want to see a dyno graph and see what lookinco says about his car running lean and possible detonation. He warned about possibly maxing out the injectors at high RPMs.
If you are running the boost cooler you will most likely be okay with this setup. I am also running the 3" pulley on my blower. you will have detonation if you just run the pulley and nothing else. if you run the boost cooler you can run the pulley with no problems.
Old 10-24-2006, 12:53 PM

Originally Posted by blktl1
If you are running the boost cooler you will most likely be okay with this setup. I am also running the 3" pulley on my blower. you will have detonation if you just run the pulley and nothing else. if you run the boost cooler you can run the pulley with no problems.
Which boost cooler are you using? How much faster is your car with the pulley? Do you have any approximate gains?
Old 10-24-2006, 01:09 PM
Burning Brakes

Which boost cooler are you using? How much faster is your car with the pulley? Do you have any approximate gains?
I dont have any approximate gains but I can feel a difference. if i down shift into 2nd at like 4k, my tires will spin. I did not have that before. also I have the snow performance kit. using the 50/50 boost juice. My clutch is toast so i cant do any real hard shifts or it slips. I will hopefully be getting a new clutch this week! and will be dynoing the same time! I will keep you updated!
Old 10-24-2006, 01:27 PM

Originally Posted by blktl1
I dont have any approximate gains but I can feel a difference. if i down shift into 2nd at like 4k, my tires will spin. I did not have that before. also I have the snow performance kit. using the 50/50 boost juice. My clutch is toast so i cant do any real hard shifts or it slips. I will hopefully be getting a new clutch this week! and will be dynoing the same time! I will keep you updated!
Thanks. A few other questions. If you install the snow performance kit, can it be taken off with no tell tale signs of it being on there, i.e. if I trade my car in. Have you considered the Type S clutch and flywheel? They have new part #'s.

clutch and pressure plate - 22105-RDB-315

flywheel - 22100-RDB-L01

I think I am going this route soon, as my clutch is starting to go. The type S also has a new brake master cylinder that I am going to put in. Anyways, thanks for answering my questions.
Old 10-24-2006, 01:49 PM
Burning Brakes

Thanks. A few other questions. If you install the snow performance kit, can it be taken off with no tell tale signs of it being on there, i.e. if I trade my car in. Have you considered the Type S clutch and flywheel? They have new part #'s.

clutch and pressure plate - 22105-RDB-315

flywheel - 22100-RDB-L01

I think I am going this route soon, as my clutch is starting to go. The type S also has a new brake master cylinder that I am going to put in. Anyways, thanks for answering my questions.
I guess you can install it with out having any known reminance but it depends where you drill your hole for the nozel. if you drill into the elbow of the blower then, no. you will see it after words and have to sell blower with it. if you have the AEM intake and install it before the blower you can remove kit and still sell blower as it would be. I would not recommend it before blower for multiple reasons. the blower can not compress H2O and the methanol may deteriorate the internals of blower.
Old 10-24-2006, 02:03 PM
B A N N E D

I have 3" pulley with the snow performance kit. My motor is not running lean at all. It is actually still a tad richer then what I wanted.

The 07 TL seems to have a different fuel injector. I wonder if it's bigger for the bigger displacement.
Old 10-24-2006, 02:07 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by lookinco
I have 3" pulley with the snow performance kit. My motor is not running lean at all. It is actually still a tad richer then what I wanted.

The 07 TL seems to have a different fuel injector. I wonder if it's bigger for the bigger displacement.
the 07 will most likely have a bigger injector due to the increase size of the motor. Lookinco,

what boost level do you have the boost cooler set on?? and also what does your boost gauge read. with the 3" I dont get and 8 PSI. I get about 6 tapering to 5
Old 10-24-2006, 02:29 PM
B A N N E D

I have hit at least 7.5psi and maybe a lilttle more. The boost cooler is now set to activate at 4.5psi. I am getting the variable controlller later this week to see if it works even better.

I am pretty amazed at how good the boost controller perform. I have the OBDII scanner so I could read all the sensors at real time. After about 45min of city driving, the IAT sensor was reading over 140F. I took it to a long straight and stepped on it a little. Once the boost cooler kicked in, the IAT sensor was reading 95F.
Old 10-24-2006, 10:48 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 624 Likes on 478 Posts
Just a heads up too installing a HBP on Comptech systems voids your warranty. So just keep that in mind. I'm not saying I wouldn't install one if I had a S/Ced TL I just want to let you know that up front.
Old 10-25-2006, 01:52 AM
Racer

I have hit at least 7.5psi and maybe a lilttle more. The boost cooler is now set to activate at 4.5psi. I am getting the variable controlller later this week to see if it works even better.

I am pretty amazed at how good the boost controller perform. I have the OBDII scanner so I could read all the sensors at real time. After about 45min of city driving, the IAT sensor was reading over 140F. I took it to a long straight and stepped on it a little. Once the boost cooler kicked in, the IAT sensor was reading 95F.
I also spoke w/ Ryan today, ordered it finally. Just wondering, how would I tell the place doing the install to set the appropriate Boost Cooler pressure for it to start spraying? Sorry if it's a bit off topic, just wondering if there's anything difficult to it. Thanks!
Old 10-25-2006, 01:58 AM
B A N N E D

The boost cooler comes with a pressure switch. You simply turn the screw to adjust what PSI you want the boost cooler to come on.
Old 10-25-2006, 10:53 AM
Advanced

how would comptech no if u installed the upgraded pulley...cant u take it off and put the old one back back on if u blew the blower?
Old 10-26-2006, 04:43 PM
Racer

The boost cooler comes with a pressure switch. You simply turn the screw to adjust what PSI you want the boost cooler to come on.
Does anyone have a pic of what the pressure switch looks like? I got the cooler from againstallodds1, and I'm not sure if it was included or not. I can't seem to find it on the picture on Snow Performance's website. Thanks!
Old 10-26-2006, 07:33 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 594 Likes on 457 Posts

lookinc what OBD-II scanner do you have? I am interested in measuring my IAT and am wondering if all scanners will do that or just certain ones?
Old 10-26-2006, 07:51 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by amm1232710
how would comptech no if u installed the upgraded pulley...cant u take it off and put the old one back back on if u blew the blower?
lol stupid question?
Old 10-27-2006, 09:10 AM
CTS-V Import Slayer

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
Thanks Dan!
Old 07-02-2008, 03:07 PM
Instructor

Received 22 Likes on 10 Posts
does anyone know the stock injector CC for the type s 3.5L?
thanks