Tsudo Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2011, 10:48 PM
2005 AM at/navi

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Comptechtl2367
Whats so funny about a non-resonated Tsudo exhaust? ATLP and XLR8 both come resonated or not...
i think he was laughing at the way that he spelled it it says non-resonanted. it has a extra n between the a and the t.

well im about to place my order on this they were backordered last week so that's good. it means people are buying it. i called on last monday and they had one instock then on friday they were backordered.
Old 02-16-2011, 11:03 PM
NBP is a pain...

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I'd to hear if there are any performance gains. Would also like opinions on the sound
Old 02-16-2011, 11:11 PM
Banned

Received 113 Likes on 91 Posts
Originally Posted by gotkilled
I'd to hear if there are any performance gains. Would also like opinions on the sound
I've posted vid of this exhaust on our car i dont know how many times. look up on youtube. Sounds great. Per the piping diameter it should be the normal 7-10hp TL's gain.
Old 02-16-2011, 11:12 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by jr27
i think he was laughing at the way that he spelled it it says non-resonanted. it has a extra n between the a and the t.

well im about to place my order on this they were backordered last week so that's good. it means people are buying it. i called on last monday and they had one instock then on friday they were backordered.
Still waiting on you bro... I know my stuff bro.
Old 02-17-2011, 08:32 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 85 Likes on 77 Posts
It sounds awesome. Its a very low deep even sound. Like Para said there are vids on You Tube and on here of it. My girlfriend hates exhausts, she just thinks they are to loud and annoying and she loves mine. Its a great mix of making it louder but not to loud.
Old 02-18-2011, 12:17 AM
Banned

Tsudo Exhaust (Axle-Back System) on 2nd Gen. TL...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yx843...eature=related

Tsudo Exhaust (Cat-Back system) on 3rd Gen TL...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWCaxEY2FiQ

Hope that helps Guys. Like I and other said it sounds very mellow. Nothing to put your tail between your legs about having on either gen TL if you ask me.
Old 02-18-2011, 06:48 AM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by jr27

Slightly sad that someone is that bored or has that much time in their day to go on a forum and laugh at peoples spelling mistakes.

Both vids above are great. Once i install mu pre cats and i going to have my girlfriends brother use his camera with an external mic do a vid and then install the high flow third cat and do another.
Old 02-18-2011, 10:40 AM
2005 AM at/navi

Slightly sad that someone is that bored or has that much time in their day to go on a forum and laugh at peoples spelling mistakes.

Both vids above are great. Once i install mu pre cats and i going to have my girlfriends brother use his camera with an external mic do a vid and then install the high flow third cat and do another.
that would be awsome bro, i want to get the pcd's from rv6 but i am worried about having too much rasp. i was thinking of going with the hfc instead but richie said these will lose some power gains as opposed to the v3 pcd. i wil be waiting for these videos man.
Old 02-21-2011, 08:53 AM
Three Wheelin'

You would lose some power but were talk like 3-5 hp max. Its alot easier and cheaper to get the pre cat delete then put on a high flow 3rd cat. Even the bolt in ones are slightly stupid expensive so i just bought a high flow cat and i am going to weld it into my ATLP 3rd cat delete that i got for 60.00. Save myself well over 200.00! And thats more then enough to tame any rasp i get with the pre cat deletes.
Old 02-21-2011, 09:03 AM
Banned

You would lose some power but were talk like 3-5 hp max. Its alot easier and cheaper to get the pre cat delete then put on a high flow 3rd cat. Even the bolt in ones are slightly stupid expensive so i just bought a high flow cat and i am going to weld it into my ATLP 3rd cat delete that i got for 60.00. Save myself well over 200.00! And thats more then enough to tame any rasp i get with the pre cat deletes.
You must not live in a non-emissions state.
Old 02-21-2011, 11:16 AM
2005 AM at/navi

yeah but i already have rv6 v3 long j-pipe so i dont have a third cat. i am afraid that if i get the pcd's i wil have a place to put a resonator to tame the beast. since i will have pcd-> v3 long tube j-pipe-> tsudo cat back exhaust. no room for a resonator unless i mess with my tsudo tubing?
Old 02-22-2011, 12:41 PM
DonShatta aka DonDadda

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ok guys i don’t want to hijack the thread but here is what I’m experiencing with the exhaust so far. Looking for some opinions….

I have the Tsudo exhaust that I bought it form a member here new never used it sounded good for the first 1,000 miles, now it sounds like garbage. Sounds ok at lower RPM's but when you hit higher RPM's sounds weak and the tone is not loud at all after putting the 1,000 miles on the exhaust, also the car feels heavy like if I have 5,000 pounds of metal in the trunk. I think I’m going to go back to stock exhaust until I figured out what’s causing the issue because the stock exhaust makes my car move faster and no hesitation. i don’t know what the deal is at this point maybe someone with more experience with the exhaust can help me find out what’s the issue here? I won’t recommend the exhaust to anyone as of right now.

PS. I don’t know why is the car performing or behaving the way is acting at this time, I think maybe is because I need a J pipe or maybe an intake, I hope someone here could give me some insight, I really apologized to the OP for commenting my issues on this thread.
Old 02-22-2011, 04:59 PM
Three Wheelin'

So you are saying by the exhaust getting quieter it sounds like garbage? Thats normal and you will have that with any exhaust. when they are new they are a bit louder and then get deeper and more quiet after the are broken in. There is no reason to bad talk the exhaust if your car is having other issues and then you just blame it on the exhaust. This exhaust is a lower quieter exhaust then say the Greddy or any non resonated exhaust. To say its garbage because it does not sound the way you wanted is just stupid.

Anyway, i do not live in a state that have emissions but the single cat will allow it to pass them. You dont need three cats to pass the testing, the TL just has three so it can get to its Ultra Low Emission Vehicle status.

JR27: I will try to get a vid with no cats and just the Tsudo exhuast so you can see if you like it, if you dont i would just keep the setup you have. It could be a few weeks before i get the clip.
Old 02-22-2011, 05:19 PM
DonShatta aka DonDadda

So you are saying by the exhaust getting quieter it sounds like garbage? Thats normal and you will have that with any exhaust. when they are new they are a bit louder and then get deeper and more quiet after the are broken in. There is no reason to bad talk the exhaust if your car is having other issues and then you just blame it on the exhaust. This exhaust is a lower quieter exhaust then say the Greddy or any non resonated exhaust. To say its garbage because it does not sound the way you wanted is just stupid.

Anyway, i do not live in a state that have emissions but the single cat will allow it to pass them. You dont need three cats to pass the testing, the TL just has three so it can get to its Ultra Low Emission Vehicle status.

JR27: I will try to get a vid with no cats and just the Tsudo exhuast so you can see if you like it, if you dont i would just keep the setup you have. It could be a few weeks before i get the clip.
I'm sorry for doubling posting earlier, I didn't realize i was cross posting. I've some very good information from Swoosh regarding the exhaust. I'm going to get the remaining parts and see what happens.

Not all the exhaust are the same, i have an Eisenmann exhaust n my CLK look here for it http://www.ind-distribution.com/prod...4&Category2=78

The eisenmann exhaust starts smooth once you install it then it get louder once is broken in
Old 02-22-2011, 10:08 PM
Banned

Damn I was gonna post the same comment as you but since you did it already i'll say +1...lol.
Old 02-23-2011, 06:07 AM
Chapter Leader (San Antonio)

Received 433 Likes on 319 Posts

To bad that's not the reason why I "laughed".
Old 04-01-2011, 09:52 AM
Three Wheelin'

Update:
I put my pre cat deletes on and this exhaust sounds AMAZING! I would say its about twice as loud but considering I have no cats it sounds great! Little to no rasp at all. I am thinking I am going to weld a high flow 3rd cat in though to get rid of the smell, it just soaks into everything then you smell for the rest day! One thing to note is there is some drone but you will have that with any exhaust with pre cat deletes.
I am trying to get my girlfriends brother to make a vid of it before i put the high flow cat on... Ill try to do it this weekend!
Old 04-27-2011, 04:42 AM
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I didnt have any fitment issues at all. Its perfect distance from both rear wheels and i have it lowered with 19x9.5 wheels and 155/35/19 tires... Not sure what the difference between a "beginners exhaust" and a not beginners... Maybe the stupid high price?
Why does everyone fight this?
Quality: Noun; character with respect to fineness, or grade of excellence, Adj; producing or providing products or services of high quality or merit.
Anyway,
The fitment, welds, bends, muffler packing, flanges, and sound are all compairable to the HKS exhaust on my 240sx and the Comptech on my NSX. I would consider them to be "quality" exhaust systems. This not meant to be a thread that everyone questioned, its meant to help people that are on the edge on if they should buy a Tsudo exhaust.
Originally Posted by ridge68
Actually, I was looking for a response from more people who have actually purchased and installed this exhaust on their vehicle...not from ones who haven't. There have been plenty of opinions already on this subject from people who think you have to spend 1K or its junk. I'm not a cheapskate, just trying to be an educated consumer. Not interested in impressing anyone on how much cash I dump into my ride.
The Tsudo is 100% stainless and I agree with corcraft, what is there to fail? I had a Tsudo on one of my Civics in highschool and i had it for 4 years and over 80k miles in winter and summer and it never burnt out, broke, or anything so if someone can prove that somehow Tsudo is lesser of a brand then ATLP then prove it.
Jhenk Hollywood, Why do you and half this forum seem to think that TL's are made of gold and you should treat them like they are a ferrari? You stand up for the expensive exhaust systems then right after it talk about how you should just hack the factory exhaust and weld mufflers on... "We arent talkin can foods here we are talkin performance and efficiency spend at least 1k on the exhaust." I am pretty sure shock exhaust with welded fart cans would not be performance or efficiency...
I think i could link twice as many threads with complaints about XLR8 and ATLP then Tsudo. This thread was not meant to start forums arguement over whats better then what it was meant for people that were looking into the Tsudo exhaust to look at to weigh thier options. Everything on this system is just as good as the high dollar systems with half the price tag (and I owned HKS, CT, Greddy, and ATLP exhaust systems). The End. If you have never seen one in person or mounted one then why are you even posting anything?!

It just my opinion too!.....
some people just think they had the best choice on their exhaust and they always like to against who are not on the same boat as they are.
Old 04-27-2011, 05:16 AM
Instructor

I am still waiting for someone to come up with any proof that this exhaust is not as quality as lets say ATLP and so on. Most of the people with negative comments are people that dont own one so once someone comes out here that owns or has owned one and has something bad to say all these comments mean nothing! I notice more and more on this forum that there is more opinions then knowledge lately.
I have stated this in the thread already, i have owned HKS, Greddy, Comptech, and such exhuasts before and this one can run with the rest of them. I can afford any and all of the "higher end" exhausts made for the TL but why when you can have a great exhaust for half the price NEW!?

If we go off your logic, the stainless used on Richies Pre Cat deletes, test pipes, and so on are not high quality. They are also made of T-304 Stainless which I guess means no one should buy them until someone makes them with some "High quality American stainless".
Just my two Cents.

I like the way you talk, meaningful! Dont like some people just bull sh!t here and dont even have the thing they comment about...

Originally Posted by myron
is stock exhaust stainless? You're talking about the exhaust being bulletproof and lasting the whole life of the car. Who cares really man when most people get rid of the car after 5-6 years. And who are you gonna sell it to, a die heart Acura TL lover? Probably not. You're gonna sell it to some kid for 9k and exhaust (no matter what kind), to him is gonna be a great thing.
Hell yea!

Originally Posted by TLtrigirl
no i don't own one and no i have't seen one in person, but i have yet to hear of something made IN china that was of good quality (unless others have). plus the tsudo exhaust was made with materials FROM china and the US, but built in the US (?). it wasn't made IN china. you are taking this way too personally. enjoy your exhaust, and disregard others criticisms.
So I guess you are talking about all the people in USA like to buy garbage?
For example, people like to get to a long line to buy iphone ipad which is made by china and they are LOW quality?! if you say so....and i guess you are still living in stone age becoz you "have yet to hear of something made IN china that was of good quality"
Just to google that, at least 60-70% product/item are imported from china and I guess you don't even know how many "made in china" stuff in your home. LOL
Old 04-27-2011, 05:31 AM

First of all, congrats on criticizing people in a older thread.

Nothing you said made any sense either.

Applause.
Old 04-27-2011, 05:39 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by TheChamp531

Applause.
Then you must be a stone age people too.
Applause for you, TheChamp531
Old 04-27-2011, 09:00 AM
Instructor

Applause.
^Exactly this
Old 04-27-2011, 12:48 PM

Originally Posted by jray906
Then you must be a stone age people too.
Applause for you, TheChamp531
"Then you must be a stone age people too"

School during the stone age? OH NOOOES
Old 05-29-2011, 05:33 PM
6th Gear

Thank you for your review comptech, I'll prolly go witha tsudo as well.
Old 05-29-2011, 08:28 PM
3G TL/2G MDX Owner

Received 978 Likes on 803 Posts
Originally Posted by jray906;12901171
So I guess you are talking about all the people in USA like to buy garbage?
For example, people like to get to a long line to buy iphone ipad which is made by china and they are LOW quality?! if you say so....and i guess you are still living in stone age becoz you "[COLOR=Red
have yet to hear of something made IN china that was of good quality[/COLOR]"
Just to google that, at least 60-70% product/item are imported from china and I guess you don't even know how many "made in china" stuff in your home. LOL
oh you had to go there huh? everyone is entitled to an opinion and preference. yeah i do live in the stone age...and your point? you presume to make a lot out of nothing with your comment. great when you can voice your comments on an internet discussion forum. post something useful rather than hiding behind your screen name. i'd like you to say that to my face and then we can have a real conversation on the the matter like grown adults. anyway...i'm done with this thread.

Applause.
^^this. champ i agree with you.

its too bad, this forum has been going down hill for a while...with all the childish behavior.
Old 05-31-2011, 10:02 AM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by HcasTLe
Thank you for your review comptech, I'll prolly go witha tsudo as well.
Not a problem, I am glad someone can keep this thread on task! This exhaust is awesome quality and sounds great, i had a friend recently take off his Greddy and put this one on! Enjoy!
Old 06-01-2011, 12:41 PM
Intermediate

I was hoping by now somebody would have used some of that extra saved money to get their on the dyno for a before and after to show the gains on the tsudo system. Would have been really cool though if a few volunteers got together to compare all their exhaust system and take them all off at the dyno and run through them one at a time. My experience even with the truly cheap full exhaust is they make 90% of the power, spent an extra 20% of what they cost on extra hardware and fixing and spend 50% more time installing but in the end it's still half of what the big name would have costed.
Old 06-02-2011, 07:55 AM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by brusk
I was hoping by now somebody would have used some of that extra saved money to get their on the dyno for a before and after to show the gains on the tsudo system. Would have been really cool though if a few volunteers got together to compare all their exhaust system and take them all off at the dyno and run through them one at a time. My experience even with the truly cheap full exhaust is they make 90% of the power, spent an extra 20% of what they cost on extra hardware and fixing and spend 50% more time installing but in the end it's still half of what the big name would have costed.
I would have loved to do this but i did my J-Pipe and 3rd cat delete at the same time so numbers wouldnt really be accurate. And if this is really the case can you post some numbers proving that the big name exhaust company's make more HP then the smaller name? They are all 2.5" pipe to 2.25" pipe where it splits with straight through mufflers and the same bends so i am not understanding were the power difference would come from... And if all that BS was true that means all the custom exhaust people should make next to no power considering they are no name exhausts!
Old 03-28-2012, 09:07 PM
Racer

Received 73 Likes on 62 Posts
Update:
I put my pre cat deletes on and this exhaust sounds AMAZING! I would say its about twice as loud but considering I have no cats it sounds great! Little to no rasp at all. I am thinking I am going to weld a high flow 3rd cat in though to get rid of the smell, it just soaks into everything then you smell for the rest day! One thing to note is there is some drone but you will have that with any exhaust with pre cat deletes.
I am trying to get my girlfriends brother to make a vid of it before i put the high flow cat on... Ill try to do it this weekend!
Did you ever end up making that video? I am very interested in how it sounds. Right now I have rv6 v3 PCD and jpipe with stock exhaust. I get rasp at 3k. When you added the tsudo, was there less rasp? Are you still happy with the exhaust? Thanks
Old 03-28-2012, 11:56 PM
Instructor

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
I have RV6 V2 PCDs, RV6 V3 Jpipe and Tsudo Catback, I also added a small muffler style Vibrant resonator and its sounds like a BEAST !
Old 03-29-2012, 12:39 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
well in case if anyone is interested in hearing how a resonator-less tsudo sounds.... here it is.

personally not a fan of that rasp you get...so i switched the mufflers out to Magnaflows, sounds much better.

as far as piping and stuff..."seems" solid, my only annoyance of this exhaust is how the fitment came out a bit crooked (right muffler was higher than left). Easy fix, just get a pipe and bend the hangers a bit.

There was also a lot of cabin drone with and without the resonator, lots of bass in the center. it sounds very masculine (without resonator) inside, but once i heard how it sounded outside after recording the video, i decided to ditch the mufflers haha
Old 03-29-2012, 12:58 AM
Cruisin'

Just wondering if y'all are getting them off eBay?
Old 03-29-2012, 10:22 AM
Racer

Received 73 Likes on 62 Posts
Originally Posted by GivatiTL
I have RV6 V2 PCDs, RV6 V3 Jpipe and Tsudo Catback, I also added a small muffler style Vibrant resonator and its sounds like a BEAST !
I thought the tsudo already came with a resonator installed. Did you have to add an additional resonator? Post a video...please.
Old 04-05-2012, 08:58 PM
2004 NBP TL 5AT

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Smile

ok so all this bickering ive been reading is excessive. I have a CAI only, no pre cats, no j pipe. I am considering this system since I dont have a grand to throw away. I live in an emissions required state, do I bite or not? How hard is the install? Thanks!
Old 04-05-2012, 11:48 PM
BRB..Shifting!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Install is 9 bolts, but you may have to get the 3 bolts connecting to the cat torched because they are so rusted up or at least that's what I had to do. I also had to buy 2 new rubber hangers because i couldn't get the stock hangers out because there was simply too much rust and crap, so i had to cut my rubber hangers lol. IMHO, the exhaust adds a lil bit of noise but not much. I wanted it a little bit louder, but that's just me.
Old 05-03-2012, 10:20 PM
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by GivatiTL

can u make some videos and post on you tube? i wanna put pcd but worry about rasp now i have j-pipe and tsudo exhaust and aem intake sound perfect !!! but i wanna put some more hp(pcd)
Old 05-16-2012, 10:03 AM
3rd Gear

How difficult was the installation for the J pipe and exhaust? I was thinking about doing the same procedure. Anything turn out to be a pain?
Old 08-17-2012, 06:58 PM
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I got the catback today from speed-elements and they shipping package was horrible. like why would anyone send it like that there was no foam in the package. i worked in a company that did packaging and Speed-elements dont package it too well. But aside that the exuasht is great a little fitment issues but nothing insane. overall good catback for a good price, maybe ill get a difffrent resonator soon. the drone is a little too much at times.
Old 08-20-2012, 01:57 PM
Intermediate

Does anyone have this exhaust installed on 3G Type-S? Speed-elements actually told me a while back that there's piping size differences from base to Type-S.
Also, I can't tell from the pics if the rear bumper differences will work on Type-S rear bumper.
thanks in advance!
Old 08-23-2012, 07:43 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 431 Likes on 145 Posts
Hmmmm. This has me contemplating the Tsudo setup

Quick Reply: Tsudo Exhaust