Tsudo 04-08TL SP Catback?

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2010, 12:19 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I got this for my accord and i my initial impression is that it is of relatively high quality. I had the welds inspected at a local shop and they couldn't believe i got the system for $400. I've had it on for 3 months and no problems yet.
Old 05-20-2010, 12:31 PM
Chapter Leader (San Antonio)

Received 433 Likes on 319 Posts
Keyword: WELDS

I don't think it is a horrible exhaust, I was actually rooting for it when we first found out. I just don't like when people try to find the cheapest alternative to something all the time when it could risk you even losing more money. And my last post, I hate instigators
Old 05-22-2010, 10:08 PM
Racer

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by TheChamp531
Keyword: WELDS

I don't think it is a horrible exhaust, I was actually rooting for it when we first found out. I just don't like when people try to find the cheapest alternative to something all the time when it could risk you even losing more money. And my last post, I hate instigators
Can you explain the risk losing more money part?
Old 05-22-2010, 10:41 PM

Think about it.
Old 05-23-2010, 12:58 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 306 Likes on 193 Posts
Think about it.
Make no sense, but it does. I see it as if something goes wrong with the exhaust your screwed. Yes its warranted but you'll have to send it back to them on your dime and waste your time trying to fix something. Then you can also take it as if something goes wrong you may have to spend more money to fix it.
Old 05-23-2010, 02:01 AM
Fear and Loathing in my

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Spend more now, and have no problems, cheap out and spend less now, pay more later with problems.
Old 05-23-2010, 02:41 AM

Originally Posted by Timb227
Spend more now, and have no problems, cheap out and spend less now, pay more later with problems.
This man speaks the truth.
Old 05-24-2010, 06:41 AM
Racer

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts
When and if this exhaust breaks from normal usage then buyers will probably wish they went with a higher end brand. But until then no one can claim anything. I know a lot of 2G TL owners run this brand and would be interested to get feedback from them about it.
Old 05-24-2010, 12:05 PM
n3o
Pro

Received 29 Likes on 13 Posts
If you're going to be a instigator, let's not ASSUME things.

First of all, their backordered? Hey guys, let me make a custom exhaust named CHAMPS BEAST EXHAUST and make 5 of them and sell them for super cheap with cheap materials! Oh shit, sold them on eBay for $300, now I'm backordered!!

Second, stillhere was trying to state an example, he could probably run circles around you.

Everyone has a reason for not trusting this exhaust. It is cheap, but for $100-150 more I could find a used Comptech/Tanabe/Greddy Exhaust. At the end of the day, if you're going to mod anything, don't be cheap, or don't do it all.

I'm not the instigator, I just own you.

Lets get one thing straight here big guy, you're an idiot.

Stillhere was making an example, I was just stating if someone needs to call for help from the manf. for a catback install, they shouldn't be doing it in the first place.

Second, if you can find a Comptech or Tanabe for $100-$150 more then the Tsudo, then please gladly link me because people here seem to believe its worth no less then $800 and I will gladly buy it, otherwise I don't see a point in spending $1000 on a few pieces of pipe which on the TL don't gain much more power then the cheaper sets. And before you start your bitching, I spent $1100 on the old catback on my S2000, and the only reason I did is because it was a 9lb Titanium single exhaust which not only gained 6whp but it saved 40lbs. The TL, within a few hp, is going to gain the same with whatever system you put on, and nobody (except inaccurate) cares about shedding every single pound on this car.

Finally, yes sure these exhausts suck...because you have first hand experience with them right? Tsudo's catbacks work great on the 08+ STi. Sorry but I'm pretty sure that power is a much more desirable thing in those cars then a TL so if its good enough for them without having any issues, I don't see why its an issue on a TL. As stated before people are using their products on 2G TL's with no problems....so you're just going to jump on the bandwagon like everyone else and cry that Oh the TL is a superduper expensive car and if you put anything on it that isn't 11enty bigillion dollars then you're a ricer? ?

Also, you have their order manifest? You personally saw they only ordered/built xx catbacks? Right, go jump onto your uber luxury must spend giant baller bucks bandwagon with everyone else who still thinks this car the greatest thing on the road. I love how everyone here is trying to play the quality card. If and when the exhaust breaks....makes me laugh. This mentality is something you develop when you have never owned a significantly fast car. I had a magnaflow 3" catback on my STi...it was MUCH WORSE quality then the 250 dollar shipped 3" mid pipe I purchased on EBAY that came with TIG WELDED V BAND FLANGES. My friend bought a set of downpipes for his B5 S4...they also came in Tig welded and we even put them side by side with another mutual friend who has a set of APR downpipes on his car. The quality was more or less identical. Another friend purchased an SSAC fmic kit for his talon on ebay, it was such a piece of garbage that it held up with NO leaks when the car put 380+ down. You all need to stop being so close minded. Where do you think your iPhones are made? It says designed in California, but I assure you its made in Taiwan. How about your Macbooks, or Mac Pro's? Man, you guys payed alot of money for some sweet computer made in Taiwan. Now I can understand not wanting to cheap out on safety components (brake pads, rotors, tires, belts, seats, etc.) and thats one thing, but trust me on this one if you're exhaust happens to crack a weld, if it ever even does which will most likely be your fault anyway, you go to Monroe, pay $10 and have the crack welded. OH MY GOD THE WORLD IS SAVED!
Old 05-24-2010, 12:08 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,181 Likes on 1,210 Posts
Since you folks cant have a conversation without reverting to name calling, this thread is closed.

To the thechamp531 and n30- consider this a warning to stop.