Sway bar end link with coilovers?

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2022, 08:00 AM
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sway bar end link with coilovers?

So I purchased Function and Form Type 2 Coilovers. I was reading that usually you’ll need to purchase adjustable sway bar end links depending on how much you lower the vehicle to prevent preload and the sway bar end link hitting the lower control arms when making turns. I plan on lower the car just enough to get rid of the gap between the wheel and fender. (Probably 2 inches) I was also thinking over getting wheel spacers to get the wheel to sit slightly more flush with the fender but not enough to where I need to get the fender rolled. So what im asking is, Do I need adjustable sway bar end links to go along with the coilovers when I lower the car a little and what else will be NEEDED to get the wheels to sit more flush with the fender without having to roll the fender? ( If there is already a thread answering these specific questions, direct me to it and I will glady get my answers from there and remove this thread) Thank you! Also this is what my car looks like 👇🏼

Everything about this car is stock btw. Only thing is an Endless RPM test pipe replacing the third cat under the car because it was damaged.
Old 05-06-2022, 02:04 PM
CDM

Received 42 Likes on 37 Posts
You should be fine with OEM sway bar links, I haven't seen adjustable ones for our cars.
Old 03-20-2023, 08:10 PM
5th Gear

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Any updates on what you actually wound up doing? I am Tein Street Flex Z on my '05, and I'm wanting (like you) to get all the necessary stuff together before starting the job, and I DID find adjustable sway bar end links on ebay and a couple other car parts websites from GODspeed. I think because they are adjustable they don't say that they're specifically for Acura TL's, but I'm pretty sure they're good for the application. I just want to know what length to go with if you did wind up changing your end links out.