Need new sway bar endlinks (front and rear), any suggestions?

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2017, 09:34 PM
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Question Need new sway bar endlinks (front and rear), any suggestions?

Hey everyone! So my TSX has been making a knocking sound when going over bumps for the past year, so I took it to the mechanic today to get it inspected. I was pretty sure it was the sway bar endlinks for the front, but I told the mechanic to check for worn bushings throughout the car's suspension. The mechanic later showed me the sway bar endlinks going bad on all 4 sides. Now the issue I have is that I want to buy more durable endlinks since my car has been lowered on coilovers recently, but I can't find too many options that would work with our CU2. Does anyone have suggestions for what I could replace my worn swaybar endlinks with?
Old 10-31-2017, 11:01 PM
Safety Car

Received 1,163 Likes on 874 Posts
You're not going to find links that last LONGER than stock.

Coilovers don't put any extra stress on swaybar links, BTW.

Check your coilover tophat nuts (the big one in the center of the tophat). They can sometimes come loose. Don't use an impact or any power tool.
Old 11-01-2017, 02:05 PM
Advanced

Ok thanks! I'll check those. I'll probably end up buying Proforged sway bar end links then to replace my worn end links.
Old 11-01-2017, 02:20 PM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by SharangCU2
Ok thanks! I'll check those. I'll probably end up buying Proforged sway bar end links then to replace my worn end links.

what's the advantage of proforged links?

The OEM ones lasted you probably 100K+? And they're cheap on bernardiparts or curryacuraparts, etc
Old 11-07-2017, 03:04 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by BROlando
what's the advantage of proforged links?

The OEM ones lasted you probably 100K+? And they're cheap on bernardiparts or curryacuraparts, etc
Honestly I got them because they were shiny and are apparently pretty durable. I searched up the company and looked for what people had to say about their proforged end links, it seems that they don't deal with warranty claims much and have a low rate of failure. That's all I could find though, if they fail then I guess I'll have to try another brand.

On another note, are universal end links a thing? I've been looking at some of them, like the ones made by Energy Suspensions, but I'm not sure if they'd work on our cars.
Old 11-07-2017, 06:53 PM
Safety Car

This car uses ball jointed end links. No idea what a universal end link is. Unless they're referring to using two ball/socket joints and a turnbuckle. That would work if you needed adjustable links. You can buy all that on McMaster Carr or source it from Aurora bearing. But you'd be dealing with race car problems afterward. For no reason.

Those aren't universal in either case. You need parts that will fit the car's mating parts.
Old 11-13-2017, 05:13 PM
Advanced

Ended up going with Proforged front end link and Moog rear end links which I got from Summit Racing. Car feels much better now especially with the ST suspensions sway bar I installed too. Think I still need to get my lower control arm bushings replaced though.