Rotora vs. EBC?

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2009, 03:07 PM
9th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rotora vs. EBC?

Hey all. I am looking at purchasing new brakes for my NBP 06 TL. I am stuck between two setups and was hoping for alittle insight on the quality of the products. For now I am keeping the stock calipers, but I am changing out the rotors, pads, and getting SS brake lines. The two setups I am looking at are the following:

From XLR8 Performance:
Rotora slotted & drilled rotors F&R (silver w/black anodized center)
Rotora ceramic pads F&R
XLR8 SS brake lines
approx. price $700 shipped

From PepBoys:
EBC slotted & dimpled rotors F&R (gold zinc coated)
EBC Redstuff ceramic pads F&R
(would also get XLR8 SS lines w/this setup)
approx. price $600

I invite anyone who has had experience with these products to let me know how they felt performance wise and also if you can let me know how the dust levels were I would appreciate it.
Old 08-10-2009, 05:34 PM
runnin a little boost

Received 256 Likes on 208 Posts
Originally Posted by AromFreerider
Hey all. I am looking at purchasing new brakes for my NBP 06 TL. I am stuck between two setups and was hoping for alittle insight on the quality of the products. For now I am keeping the stock calipers, but I am changing out the rotors, pads, and getting SS brake lines. The two setups I am looking at are the following:

From XLR8 Performance:
Rotora slotted & drilled rotors F&R (silver w/black anodized center)
Rotora ceramic pads F&R
XLR8 SS brake lines
approx. price $700 shipped

From PepBoys:
EBC slotted & dimpled rotors F&R (gold zinc coated)
EBC Redstuff ceramic pads F&R
(would also get XLR8 SS lines w/this setup)
approx. price $600

I invite anyone who has had experience with these products to let me know how they felt performance wise and also if you can let me know how the dust levels were I would appreciate it.
I have the Rotora's on my car right now and I am very impressed with the performance. ( the Bremo kit that came with the MT TL's is very good stock) The Ceramic pads are a hard compound which is why they make less dust, less brake fade and all that, but the trade off is they have to be used hard every once in a while to keep them from squeeking.

I bought the same kit from Excelerate, the rotors cross drill/sloted, the Rotora ceramic pads, some ss lines and some hi boiling point brake fluid ( I went with 640 degree Willwood stuff but Motul is offered by Excelerate and is very good fluid).

The EBC rotors are cheaper material and dimpled where as the Rotora is actualy drill thru and made of better steel. The Rotora's, lines and pads should be closer to $500 unless you are shipping to the middle of the rain forest. The prices can't have changed that much in 5 months and he shipped them across the country to Cali. I can send you a pic of my set up it looks and performs very nice.
Old 08-10-2009, 06:02 PM
is in Honda heaven

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Even though are cars are different(I4 Accord coupe) I would think the reviews would be similar. I had EBC Ultimaxx rotors for the last 11mos and 7K miles and they've warped already! I just purchased some Rotora slotted's and they'll be put on tomorrow as a matter of fact. So we'll see... Oh and the EBC's were paired with green stuff pads, the Rotora's will be paired with Hawk pads.
Old 08-10-2009, 06:14 PM
9th Gear

Hi speed, if you want to PM me a pic of your setup or post it here I would like to see how it looks as most of the pics on site are BBKs which I just can't afford right now.
Old 08-10-2009, 06:45 PM
runnin a little boost

Received 256 Likes on 208 Posts
Originally Posted by AromFreerider
Hi speed, if you want to PM me a pic of your setup or post it here I would like to see how it looks as most of the pics on site are BBKs which I just can't afford right now.
Old 08-12-2009, 04:21 PM
Intermediate

nothing but problems with my full EBC setup. nightmare.
Old 08-12-2009, 05:10 PM
9th Gear

Thanks for the info guys. I went ahead and purchased the Rotora setup from XLR8 along with some Motul fluid. hopefully they come in before the weekend as I have nothing scheduled for this weekend and actually have time to do some car work. Hell, maybe I'll follow it up with a clay bar treatment.
Old 08-12-2009, 07:45 PM
Fear and Loathing in my

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Let me know how the install goes. Im considering the sam set up for my next mod. If you don't min me asking, how much was everything together? (PM if you don't want to post it)
Old 08-12-2009, 09:18 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by jpellegrino
nothing but problems with my full EBC setup. nightmare.
hah...i bet..im rockin the ebc red stuff pads and they are whack! pretty dusty and squeeks like no tomarrow, and doesnt bite as hard as oem..
I should of got the hawk hps..so much better