Ralco RZ underdrive pulleys...?

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2010, 02:45 PM
BANNED

Received 2,885 Likes on 1,784 Posts
Ralco RZ underdrive pulleys...?

not sure if this should be here or in performance...

does anybody have any experience with these on their 04-08 tl? i want honest opinions here...

any noticeable differences between these and the unorthadox racing (UR) pulleys?

i'm all ears, flame suit strapped on.
Old 12-02-2010, 02:56 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 85 Likes on 77 Posts
Like i told you i have had one on my MDX for 2+ years with no issues running 650w amp, -4 gauge wire, and 12" Type R.
(OP may be buying my used one off my TL)
I was wondering if the belt size from a Type-S to a Base was the same? I had to buy a smaller belt (undersize) and the directions say that belt will work for all model TL's 04-08.
Old 12-02-2010, 03:20 PM
ScoobyZINE

Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts
I actually ran the lightweight Ralco pulley when I did my timing belt service about 4k miles ago. (pre-wreckage lol) They're all the same IMO. Hard to say if I noticed any difference or not though to be honest. I offered them $145 for it and they took it IIRC.

Of course, I may be pulling mine off the car to sale if insurance will let me.
Old 12-02-2010, 03:23 PM
Three Wheelin'

Insurance will let you as long as you replace it with the stock one. you are allowed to take any add ons off of the car as long as you replace it with stock!
I cant say if i noticed a difference much ether, i did my j-pipe, exhaust system, 3rd cat delete and intake all at the same time!
Old 12-02-2010, 03:25 PM

Received 16,263 Likes on 11,973 Posts
Originally Posted by AMUA6
I actually ran the lightweight Ralco pulley when I did my timing belt service about 4k miles ago. (pre-wreckage lol) They're all the same IMO. Hard to say if I noticed any difference or not though to be honest. I offered them $145 for it and they took it IIRC.

Of course, I may be pulling mine off the car to sale if insurance will let me.
it pains me to read that.
Old 12-02-2010, 04:05 PM
ScoobyZINE

Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts
Thanks justin :gheylaugh

I know they'll let me but I'm not sure if it's worth my trouble driving an hour and fucking with a totaled car lol I'd like to have my megans back but I highly doubt you'll catch me in a wrecker yard trying to install factory suspension back on the car.

If anything I will go get my window visors and intake..

Or maybe they'll cut me a fat check and I won't worry about shit on the car
Old 12-02-2010, 04:11 PM
Three Wheelin'

Let them know you had custome suspension and the pulley, they owe you for up to 1k in custom parts and equipment! That should make it easier to leave!
Old 12-02-2010, 05:16 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 509 Likes on 323 Posts
Anyone who claims a performance difference between UR and Ralco are lying.

However we support UR, an American company that makes parts in the USA, does all their own R&D, and has supported the Acura platforms for years.

The Ralcos are cheap...too cheap to be made in the USA. If that does not bother you, then ok, you can get what you want. We prefer to buy American. ESPECIALLY now a days.
Old 12-03-2010, 09:57 AM
BANNED

thanks everyone for the replies.
Old 12-03-2010, 10:36 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 624 Likes on 478 Posts
The fact is YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR. Ralco is another garbage imitation company. I've tried their products a few times; poor machining, poor quality control, ignorant sales people. The last time I tried to install a Ralco RZ part it didn't fit correctly; I had to modify the part in order to make it fit. And when I asked for instructions Ralco told me to check another manufacturer's website. Why? Because they took the competitor's product and sent it overseas to have it duplicated. However, they did a poor job of it.

With all the debate about pulleys on these forums I'm surprised anyone entertains the cheap pulleys. The cheap pulleys have no assurances, no quality control, no machining limitations. And I know Ralco RZ took UR parts and sent them overseas to duplicate. With such a critical part as a crank pulley I would imagine you would want the best and the most precise.

Each UR pulley is designed and manufactured here in the U.S. using the latest CAD software. The manufacturing processes follow strict quality control measures to ensure superior products that are attractive, durable, and most of all reliable. The pulleys are held to .001” tolerances, usually reserved for aircraft, medical, military and space manufacturing programs. All pulleys are CNC machined and 0 gram balanced and carry a full warranty from Unorthodox Racing.
Old 12-03-2010, 10:42 AM
Former Sponsor

+1 !!!!!!!!!
Old 12-03-2010, 10:43 AM
BANNED

stock diameter UR pulley it is then!
Old 12-03-2010, 11:38 AM
Three Wheelin'

Yay nothing like pushing the products you sell!!!
I have had Ralco RZ pulley's on both my cars with no problems what so ever! I would love to know how you have to modify a pulley to fit properly!?
Old 12-03-2010, 12:41 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 624 Likes on 478 Posts
Originally Posted by Comptechtl2367
I have had Ralco RZ pulley's on both my cars with no problems what so ever! I would love to know how you have to modify a pulley to fit properly!?
It has nothing to do with what I'm selling. I am a salesman and yes I want to sell my product but the point is YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR. I sell what I would install on my own vehicle and I would never never install a cheap imitation pulley on my vehicle. Peace of mind and quality control are worth the additional cost.

And I didn't say it was a Ralco RZ pulley; I said a Ralco RZ product.
Old 12-05-2010, 11:49 PM
Former Sponsor

Yay nothing like pushing the products you bought!!!

Seriously though...is us promoting products we prefer any different than you promoting products you prefer?
Old 12-06-2010, 02:19 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 930 Likes on 612 Posts
Originally Posted by MrHeeltoe
Anyone who claims a performance difference between UR and Ralco are lying.

However we support UR, an American company that makes parts in the USA, does all their own R&D, and has supported the Acura platforms for years.

The Ralcos are cheap...too cheap to be made in the USA. If that does not bother you, then ok, you can get what you want. We prefer to buy American. ESPECIALLY now a days.
LOL, but you sell parts for Japanese cars.
Old 12-06-2010, 03:28 AM
Chapter Leader (San Antonio)

Received 433 Likes on 319 Posts
Last time I checked, the TL is not a Japanese car. Made by Honda American Company in California - produced in Illinois. More American than all American Cars.

Get your facts right, bro.
Old 12-06-2010, 11:24 AM
Suzuka Master

Bro, my facts are right. Last time I checked, Honda Motor Company Ltd had a Minato, Tokyo, Japan mailing address. You do realize that by nature, subsidiaries generate profit for their parent companies?
Old 12-06-2010, 11:25 AM

Received 16,263 Likes on 11,973 Posts
ownt.
GG anx
Old 12-06-2010, 11:29 AM
Herro

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by TheChamp531
Last time I checked, the TL is not a Japanese car. Made by Honda American Company in California - produced in Illinois. More American than all American Cars.

Not to add fuel to fire but, I'm sure Heeltoe offers parts for cars other than the TL.

I'd take the products that have done research. It's nice to has some assurance in the products you buy.
Old 12-06-2010, 11:56 AM
Three Wheelin'

The fact is that they promote UR which i agree is a great brand but they have never "tested" a Ralco pulley before! I have had one on my MDX for two years and one on my TL for 2-3 months with no issues.
I went through this same thing when i was on the nissan forums and i bought a real Greddy intake manifold for my RB. i bashed the knock offs. then bought one from a friend cut it open and it is an EXACT match to the greddy. Like Excelerate said they take a UR and copy it... Its cool i know ill have no problem selling it else where. Ill be sure to buy my stock size one else where also.
Old 12-08-2010, 12:09 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 45 Likes on 32 Posts
Sadly no one has mentioned the fact that the car will be no quicker with this lightened pulley Do some research and understand the real physics behind the bold performance claims.

As for the "buy American" push, it's a global economy now, fellas.
Old 12-08-2010, 12:39 PM

Originally Posted by anx1300c
Bro, my facts are right. Last time I checked, Honda Motor Company Ltd had a Minato, Tokyo, Japan mailing address. You do realize that by nature, subsidiaries generate profit for their parent companies?
Yes and the ACURA TL has a mailing address of CALIFORNIA of Honda American Company.

I don't care if there making money for there parent companies. The point is the car is made in America.
Old 12-08-2010, 12:39 PM

Originally Posted by NBPacuraTL
Not to add fuel to fire but, I'm sure Heeltoe offers parts for cars other than the TL.

I'd take the products that have done research. It's nice to has some assurance in the products you buy.
Yeah I know, mostly Acuras. But we're talking about the TL
Old 12-08-2010, 08:44 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by anx1300c
LOL, but you sell parts for Japanese cars.

Yes and the ACURA TL has a mailing address of CALIFORNIA of Honda American Company.

I don't care if there making money for there parent companies. The point is the car is made in America.
Actually, the point is, I never even mentioned the TL did I?

And BTW, since you like people to have their facts straight, let yourself know the TL is assembled in Ohio, not Illinois.
Old 12-08-2010, 10:24 PM

You didn't need to mention the TL because the section of the forums is about the TL. The thread is about the TL. We are talking about the 3G TL.

Ohio, Illinois, same thing.
Old 12-09-2010, 08:37 AM
Three Wheelin'

Okay the TL is designed by a company in Japan. The parts are made in Japan and shipped here to be assembled. Its funny to me as most to all GM cars are made in Mexico or Canada! I could care less if i buy parts from USA or overseas...
Old 12-09-2010, 09:49 PM

Okay the TL is designed by a company in Japan. The parts are made in Japan and shipped here to be assembled. Its funny to me as most to all GM cars are made in Mexico or Canada! I could care less if i buy parts from USA or overseas...
If I'm not mistaken, the parts aren't made in Japan. It's made in the US.
Old 12-10-2010, 09:36 AM
Three Wheelin'

This whole arguement is just stupid... You bought an ACURA, its designed by a Japan based company! Its not a domestic car, you want a domestic car you should buy a pile of crap GM, Ford, or Chrysler!
This has NOTHING to do with the pulley!
Old 02-08-2011, 03:54 AM
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'd go with UR pulleys....

Fuel to the fire...

3rd Gen TL for most part completely designed in the U.S....
Built completely in Marysville, Ohio by America Honda Corp....
Have you ever owned a GM, Ford, or Chrysler? "The Big Three"...
Looks like for most part you had 2 rice burners in the 240 and Civic(I dont care how much hp, they are still rice burners)...
You shouldn't bash vendors because they are pushing american made products(considering we live in America, and is better quality) compared to "china made". Its true, you do get what you pay for...
So you bought a Greddy intake manifold, uninstalled it, then turned around and bought a used knock off intake manifold, cut both open and compared spec for spec? hmm...ok sure...
There are several Japenese/foreign derived auto makers who design, make, and build cars/trucks in the U.S. all day long now a days(so wouldnt that make it american made in some cases)...
Nissan Titan, Armada, and Infiniti QX56...manufactured in Mississippi....etc..even some older and newer civic and civic SI range from Ontario, Ohio, England, and even Brazil.

So enough of the "domestic pile of crap".
Old 02-08-2011, 09:29 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 269 Likes on 229 Posts
Originally Posted by Sir Drake
I'd go with UR pulleys....

Fuel to the fire...

3rd Gen TL for most part completely designed in the U.S....
Built completely in Marysville, Ohio by America Honda Corp....
Have you ever owned a GM, Ford, or Chrysler? "The Big Three"...
Looks like for most part you had 2 rice burners in the 240 and Civic(I dont care how much hp, they are still rice burners)...
You shouldn't bash vendors because they are pushing american made products(considering we live in America, and is better quality) compared to "china made". Its true, you do get what you pay for...
So you bought a Greddy intake manifold, uninstalled it, then turned around and bought a used knock off intake manifold, cut both open and compared spec for spec? hmm...ok sure...
There are several Japenese/foreign derived auto makers who design, make, and build cars/trucks in the U.S. all day long now a days(so wouldnt that make it american made in some cases)...
Nissan Titan, Armada, and Infiniti QX56...manufactured in Mississippi....etc..even some older and newer civic and civic SI range from Ontario, Ohio, England, and even Brazil.

So enough of the "domestic pile of crap".

Those are fighting words buddy

And you keep searching about stuff I can give you that but don't bump old threads starting an argument. Bump it over something useful (research...) not to start an internet fight
Old 02-08-2011, 02:04 PM
Instructor

Well as any knowledge comes about, its through the Manufacturers, TV, searching, or someone telling you...sorry for keeping up with the auto world for the past several years...Sorry for knowing where my 07' TL was designed and built.
Yea old thread but(got your attention), it doesn't make sense for people to to start arguing about false statements or facts to other members who know what they are talking about...maybe google should have been used on that part...not good to bash vendors either. Take it as you will...not harm intended.
Old 02-08-2011, 05:21 PM
Three Wheelin'

Sir Drake you need to keep doing your research... You think you know what you’re talking about but by reading you’re talking shit post you know nothing but where cars are made. Because you have never owned a car that made any power does not mean you can come in here and try to start crap that you know nothing about. I you want to be a douche, that would mean neither of my prior cars were really "rice" because they were not made in Japan according to the VIN's. They were designed in Japan and most of the parts were made there and shipped here... just like the TL. Pause for a LONG moment so you get this... Yes that would make your TL rice as well.
I bought a used knock off Greddy manifold and cut it apart, someone on the forum that I am friends with had a real one he cut apart because it was damaged in an accident and we did measurements and what not and they were the exact same. Not that i need to explain myself to some young kid that thinks he know what he is talking about.
If i think someone is pushing a part just because they sell it ill say it, no harm in it. I will support parts that work. I have yet to see any proof that one is better then the other. You just sound uneducated.

Sorry mod for the off topic but I had to set a noob straight.

Last edited by Comptechtl2367; 02-08-2011 at 05:29 PM.
Old 02-08-2011, 06:06 PM
Mom why is there two?

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
HAA HAAAAAAA!!!! outta hand!!!!!!! I took a peice of cork and made me an underdriven pulllie. Its the best Pa..... Gm designed the 4th gen TL...... LOOK IT UP!!! Rice is nice
Old 02-08-2011, 11:30 PM
Instructor

Sir Drake you need to keep doing your research... You think you know what you’re talking about but by reading you’re talking shit post you know nothing but where cars are made. Because you have never owned a car that made any power does not mean you can come in here and try to start crap that you know nothing about. I you want to be a douche, that would mean neither of my prior cars were really "rice" because they were not made in Japan according to the VIN's. They were designed in Japan and most of the parts were made there and shipped here... just like the TL. Pause for a LONG moment so you get this... Yes that would make your TL rice as well.
I bought a used knock off Greddy manifold and cut it apart, someone on the forum that I am friends with had a real one he cut apart because it was damaged in an accident and we did measurements and what not and they were the exact same. Not that i need to explain myself to some young kid that thinks he know what he is talking about.
If i think someone is pushing a part just because they sell it ill say it, no harm in it. I will support parts that work. I have yet to see any proof that one is better then the other. You just sound uneducated.

WOW...you feel like a big boy now??? Your prior cars werent rice burners, until you kept modding it to sound like one....awesome cars, not knocking what came from factory...just what you did to them(you cant sit there and say they didnt sound like rice burners either)...I sound uneducated? after what you said in earlier posts, and stooped down to name calling. I think im the adult here. Please correct anything I said that was incorrect and cant be proven by facts, please. Sounds like your mad. Funniest thing is...you sat there so pissed and explained yourself to me.

Yea, I apologize moderators. Didnt think someone would lose their cool over a post and resort to that.
Old 02-08-2011, 11:32 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by ethenol
HAA HAAAAAAA!!!! outta hand!!!!!!! I took a peice of cork and made me an underdriven pulllie. Its the best Pa..... Gm designed the 4th gen TL...... LOOK IT UP!!! Rice is nice

Right...
Old 02-09-2011, 03:53 AM

I have to disagree once again that the parts and the design was not from Japan. All made in the USA.
Old 02-09-2011, 07:46 AM
Three Wheelin'

My prior post was a bit over the top and off topic. Mix that with a bad day and a noob clearly trying to start shit and thats what you will have. Honestly the quality and class of people on this forum has be slowly declining in the short time i have been here. There are the select members that have knowledge and are worth the respect but like its been said many times that as the price of the TL goes down you will get younger members with less class and knowledge.

Not sure why everyone is so set on trying to prove that the TL is an american car... American cars all suck! And when it comes down to it you own an Acura, that is owned by Honda Corp which is a company in JAPAN. Unless there is someone on here that works for Honda or Acrua and can confirm this is a dead subject. i can find articles all over the internet to support both sides.

Buy whatever pulley you want, its your car and you dont need anyone to hold your hand while you mod your car. The fact is that no one has yet to prove one is better then the other. Topic done.

Mod feel free to edit posts 30 and on, they offer nothing to the thread.

Last edited by Comptechtl2367; 02-09-2011 at 07:49 AM.
Old 02-09-2011, 01:59 PM

Sister companies of course. I worked for Acura if that helps.

Just saying, the TL is more "American" than those "American cars" you're talking about.

The quality is what is proved better then the other.

UR has been here for ages, and you can always trust there product. Not bashing Ralco products, but its almost like a "eBay" supercharger or turbo charger. It may work, but for how long? Would you trust a reputable company, or not a reputable company if something would've happened? I can put this in perspective for Computer geeks and cars alike. If I buy a video card that was made outside the US, if that video card was DOA, you're going to have a hard-ass time talking to a foreigner regarding the DOA product taking your time and money (for shipping outside the US). Same goes for like a Kia. Korean car I believe, (talking about pre-2006) would you really trust it? When you have problems, I've heard back than that Kia had one of the worst customer service ever. On the other hand, if you bought a Lexus/Acura/Infiniti you know you got a bullet-proof car along with wonderful customer service.

Smile

Last edited by TheChamp531; 02-09-2011 at 02:02 PM.
Old 02-09-2011, 02:39 PM
Avant Garde Wheels

Received 348 Likes on 291 Posts
interesting thread..

did you know.. J's Racing carbon fiber products are produced in China

Quick Reply: Ralco RZ underdrive pulleys...?