Ralco RZ underdrive pulleys...?

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2011, 04:02 PM
Fear and Loathing in my

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by TheChamp531
Sister companies of course. I worked for Acura if that helps.

Just saying, the TL is more "American" than those "American cars" you're talking about.
It doesn't help that you worked for Acura, not sure how that ties into any of the multiple conversations going on in this thread.

HOWEVER, your second statement there is true, the TL may be more American than actual American cars, but it does not make it an American car. I don't care where the parts are made, designed, put together, Acura (Honda) is a Japanese company, making the TL an import, not a domestic car.
Old 02-09-2011, 05:14 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 85 Likes on 77 Posts
Champ you bring up a very good point about "knock off" parts. I have owned knock off turbos and Garrett, Turbonettics, Holset, and Borg. The Knock off seals blew within less then 500 miles and yeah there was no going after the company.

That being said there is no proof one way or the other that just because the UR is made in america it is a better pulley, no one has ever had a UR or RALCO pulley fail yet. that is why i get upset when people bash them if, 1 they dont even own a pulley, 2 they have never had one fail (ether company), or 3 just throwing stupid comments out about where they are made.

The point is i have owned one for over two years on my MDX with a subwoofer amp and speaker amp with no problems at all. I also have one on my TL and have never had and issue. This thread went WAY off topic (partly from me) but lets just keep it to the topic.
Old 02-09-2011, 08:14 PM
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
In fact, my best friend works for Honda...hmm
Old 02-09-2011, 08:49 PM
Instructor

For once I was backing "TheChamp531"

Right...less expensive = less class etc bs(less class comes from members bashing others with name calling or degrading comments, because that member lost their cool. In comparison the opposing member did none of the such)and I'm trying to start crap? Whatever...apparently someone has never owned a Chevy, Gmc(GM), Ford, domestic etc...GM & FORD the two longest lasting automakers of all time! Crap automakers dont stay around for 100+plus years each. What was the number 1 selling automaker in 2010? FORD...number one selling vehicle in 2010, 2009, 2008, 2007, etc ...Ford F-150...runner up for 2010 and 2008, 2007 etc...Chevy Silverado...Im not knocking Honda Toyota(they make great vehicles) or anyone else...stating quality stays around and sells the most, even in a gas conscious world....dont knock my knowledge because Im young(poor excuse). Most of us on this forum are in our mid twenties anyway...Im done.
Old 02-10-2011, 07:40 AM
Three Wheelin'

Sir Drake, Learn how to read... This is about the pulley, not who makes better cars and bla bla bla. Go to another forum area where people care about what you think. I lost my cool but its not like it came from nowhere. Grow up

By the way i have owned 2 Fords, 1 Dodge, and 3 GM vehicles and they are all crap... When you see on TV that ford has the #1 selling whatever, what they dont tell you is that Ford has contracts with alomost every state to sell them the county trucks. That is why they "sell" the most. They are throw away trucks.

Last edited by Comptechtl2367; 02-10-2011 at 07:48 AM.
Old 02-10-2011, 11:32 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by Comptechtl2367
Sir Drake, Learn how to read... This is about the pulley, not who makes better cars and bla bla bla. Go to another forum area where people care about what you think. I lost my cool but its not like it came from nowhere. Grow up

By the way i have owned 2 Fords, 1 Dodge, and 3 GM vehicles and they are all crap... When you see on TV that ford has the #1 selling whatever, what they dont tell you is that Ford has contracts with alomost every state to sell them the county trucks. That is why they "sell" the most. They are throw away trucks.

Like you didnt sway off topic...Never did I say Ford makes the best...neither have a i dissed any other automaker...Being a shareholder for F, GM, and Honda...i dont go off just what the Tv says...I go off from the companies themselves at shareholder meetings and research...aparently you care about what I think cause you keep whining back. Stick with you cheap knock off products...maybe thats why the domestics you had didnt last.
Old 02-10-2011, 01:14 PM
Race Director

Received 1,794 Likes on 1,347 Posts
^^^thought you were done????
Old 02-10-2011, 01:26 PM
BANNED

Received 2,885 Likes on 1,784 Posts
anybody in here seen my car keys?
Old 02-10-2011, 02:34 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 45 Likes on 32 Posts

Long-term dependability studies completely disagree with you. Ford is way above average in terms of long-term dependability and ranks ABOVE Acura.

http://businesscenter.jdpower.com/ne...spx?ID=2010034
Old 02-10-2011, 03:43 PM
Three Wheelin'

Wull dern it all if Mike Rowe says it, it must dern wull be tru!

But really lets get this bullshit train back on topic.

Last edited by Comptechtl2367; 02-10-2011 at 03:53 PM.
Old 02-10-2011, 03:48 PM
Chapter Leader (Central New Jersey)

Received 220 Likes on 202 Posts
If I'm not mistaken, the parts aren't made in Japan. It's made in the US.
from what ive read the only part coming from japan is the tranny
Old 02-10-2011, 03:54 PM
B A N N E D

Received 39 Likes on 38 Posts
Going back to SHARKBREATH question, after all the insults to the US autos and the rice burners..., I have an UNORTHODOX pulley and a few other add on's, and I recommend before your hook up all or any gadget, take it to a dyno and learn the original hp. Once you put on all the money burning hope to go faster parts, go back to the dyno, then your will know if there has been any change... my little grasshopper!
Old 02-10-2011, 04:26 PM
Three Wheelin'

I agree, I wish I would have done this before any mods and then all my mods and Supercharger.
Old 02-10-2011, 07:49 PM
Chapter Leader (San Antonio)

Received 433 Likes on 319 Posts
My prior post was a bit over the top and off topic. Mix that with a bad day and a noob clearly trying to start shit and thats what you will have. Honestly the quality and class of people on this forum has be slowly declining in the short time i have been here. There are the select members that have knowledge and are worth the respect but like its been said many times that as the price of the TL goes down you will get younger members with less class and knowledge.

Not sure why everyone is so set on trying to prove that the TL is an american car... American cars all suck! And when it comes down to it you own an Acura, that is owned by Honda Corp which is a company in JAPAN. Unless there is someone on here that works for Honda or Acrua and can confirm this is a dead subject. i can find articles all over the internet to support both sides.

Buy whatever pulley you want, its your car and you dont need anyone to hold your hand while you mod your car. The fact is that no one has yet to prove one is better then the other. Topic done.

Mod feel free to edit posts 30 and on, they offer nothing to the thread.
Originally Posted by Timb227
It doesn't help that you worked for Acura, not sure how that ties into any of the multiple conversations going on in this thread.

HOWEVER, your second statement there is true, the TL may be more American than actual American cars, but it does not make it an American car. I don't care where the parts are made, designed, put together, Acura (Honda) is a Japanese company, making the TL an import, not a domestic car.
It may or may not, but I was saying I do. So good job reading.

Dave, nonetheless, I don't believe anything JDPower reports ever. There was a article in a magazine and newspaper reporting false reports from JDPower due to "extra contributions" to them from XXX company and this wasn't just 1 or 2 reports.

Based on real life experience, my family has had 9 Fords, 4 Acuras, 2 Chryslers, 1 Pontiac, 1 GM, and 1 Infiniti.

The Acura surpassed all these brands in longevity, quality, and looks (well not the '74 Mustang). All proper maintenance has been made and all cars minus mine has been bought brand new.
Old 02-10-2011, 07:51 PM

Also lets put this in perspective.

How many Japanese or Japanese-American brand cars have you heard that lasted over 300,000 miles than a American brand?

"Japanese" or "Japanese-American" cars win by a mile.
Old 02-10-2011, 11:28 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by nfnsquared
^^^thought you were done????

Ahh...
Old 02-10-2011, 11:31 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by 07tl-s6spd
...someones agrees(researched) the TL was MAINLY designed in the U.S.

Also...completely built in the U.S.
Old 02-10-2011, 11:51 PM
Instructor

It may or may not, but I was saying I do. So good job reading.

Dave, nonetheless, I don't believe anything JDPower reports ever. There was a article in a magazine and newspaper reporting false reports from JDPower due to "extra contributions" to them from XXX company and this wasn't just 1 or 2 reports.

Based on real life experience, my family has had 9 Fords, 4 Acuras, 2 Chryslers, 1 Pontiac, 1 GM, and 1 Infiniti.

The Acura surpassed all these brands in longevity, quality, and looks (well not the '74 Mustang). All proper maintenance has been made and all cars minus mine has been bought brand new.
"The first third-generation Acura TL rolled off the assembly line on September 30, 2003. On October 6, 2003, the third generation Acura TL (the 3.2 moniker was dropped) was released for sale in North America. Developed mainly in the United States by a team led by Erik Berkman with bodywork by American Honda designer Jon Ikeda, the new TL was built in Marysville, Ohio, and was derived from the 7th generation US-market Honda Accord." heres at least one reference...wikipedia.com(look at their references for the "offical proof")

You are right Champ about JD Power, just like CNET and Consumer Reports...sometimes(not always) they push more towards the companies that"contribute" more $.

I bought an Acura TL for many reasons, heres a few...quality, durability, dependability...

Like anything thats made...problems could happen to any brand of product foreign or domestic...preventive maintenance is key...I have chevy/ford cars/trucks owned by family and friends that have 400,000 plus miles and still churning...but yes usually the "Japenese Inspired" vehicles will run longer for the most part...not always.

Yes, I know off topic...I think its important for all of us 3G TL owners to know where our car was designed and made...and to dismiss any false information...

Maybe if I put an UR pulley on my vehicles they will run for ever...
Old 02-10-2011, 11:53 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by 07tl-s6spd

Maybe thats why the MT have problems and corrected by GM MTF...haha...jk...maybe
Old 02-11-2011, 02:17 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 45 Likes on 32 Posts

For one thing, JD Power gets their data from reported repairs at dealerships and owners. It doesn't get any less biased that that. Secondly, cars have come a LONG way since the time you've probably owned many of those makes you've pointed out. I rent TONS of cars, trucks, and SUVs for work. The playing field has been leveled across almost all makes in the past 5 years. Even Chrysler/Dodge products have had a major turnaround recently. The only major automaker now that still has serious reliability issues is VW/Audi.

Honda isn't without it's major faults either like the 06-08 Civic engine block issue or the infamous glass 5AT.

Last edited by Dave_B; 02-11-2011 at 02:20 PM.
Old 02-11-2011, 10:00 PM

Reported repairs are within it's warranty period. Basically they only get the information for the first 3 years/36,000 miles. I don't know about you but that's not a way to rank "dependability" for such a shot time.

Trust me I live near rich people and they buy cars like candy. I know which car last and which doesn't. All cars have maintained by dealer also.

Don't even want to talk about Chrysler reliability. Friend had a 08 Sebring, engine is gone after only 74k miles. Still waiting on what happened but all proper maintenance has been done.

Originally Posted by Dave_B
For one thing, JD Power gets their data from reported repairs at dealerships and owners. It doesn't get any less biased that that. Secondly, cars have come a LONG way since the time you've probably owned many of those makes you've pointed out. I rent TONS of cars, trucks, and SUVs for work. The playing field has been leveled across almost all makes in the past 5 years. Even Chrysler/Dodge products have had a major turnaround recently. The only major automaker now that still has serious reliability issues is VW/Audi.

Honda isn't without it's major faults either like the 06-08 Civic engine block issue or the infamous glass 5AT.
Old 02-11-2011, 10:37 PM
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by SharksBreath
anybody in here seen my car keys?
hahahaahha