Question for those w/ BB exhaust system

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2009, 01:52 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
Question for those w/ BB exhaust system

Guys,

please share if you have ever experienced this and how you fixed the problem. I just got home from trying to fix the problem that I had from the first day after instaling the exhaust system. What is going on is that, when I first start the car, I get a lot of condense and between the test pipe and the exhaust system, there is alot of water coming out. I talked to Richie and he was kind enough to give me new gasket since I found out that the old one was cracked. I have the new gasket now and there is still water coming out. Now, there is water coming out from the connection between the muffler (passenger side) and the exhaust pipe. Let me know what should I do.
Old 10-19-2009, 08:50 AM
6-SPEED LOVER

Received 122 Likes on 90 Posts
hmmm dats weird... did u check the welds?
Old 10-19-2009, 10:50 AM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by ABP_04TL
hmmm dats weird... did u check the welds?
it is not the welds. It is between the test pipe and the exhaust system and the gasket is brand new with new hardware. The other one is from the muffler (passenger side) and there is a clamp over that connection. That clamp is as tight as possible.
Old 10-19-2009, 11:26 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 624 Likes on 478 Posts
For the slip fit connections sometimes you will get some small water leaks. It's not uncommon. You can go to your local parts store and grab something like the paste below:

http://www.international-auto.com/wu...mbly-paste.cfm

However, some water coming out isn't going to hurt anything .Water comes out the tips all the time; all exhausts have condensation.

For the test pipe to exhaust connection the flange on our side should be true; we've not had any issues with any flanges. So it's possible the flange on the other side may be a bit off. However, if you want to totally eliminate the water issue go get some high temp exhaust silicone (the red stuff from Permatex) and put it on both sides of the gasket and that should go away.

Oh and it's not a Billy Boat exhaust; it's an XLR8 exhaust which is made exclusively for us by Billy Boat.
Old 10-19-2009, 11:41 AM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Excelerate
For the slip fit connections sometimes you will get some small water leaks. It's not uncommon. You can go to your local parts store and grab something like the paste below:

http://www.international-auto.com/wu...mbly-paste.cfm

However, some water coming out isn't going to hurt anything .Water comes out the tips all the time; all exhausts have condensation.

For the test pipe to exhaust connection the flange on our side should be true; we've not had any issues with any flanges. So it's possible the flange on the other side may be a bit off. However, if you want to totally eliminate the water issue go get some high temp exhaust silicone (the red stuff from Permatex) and put it on both sides of the gasket and that should go away.

Oh and it's not a Billy Boat exhaust; it's an XLR8 exhaust which is made exclusively for us by Billy Boat.
Thanks Josh. I will try what you are suggesting and I will share how it turned out.
Old 10-19-2009, 12:03 PM
Burning Brakes

Hmmm, this is weird. I just started the car to see what is going on and there was no water leak. It is strange. Will keep you up to date.
Old 10-19-2009, 03:36 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 624 Likes on 478 Posts
Originally Posted by tihomirbg
Hmmm, this is weird. I just started the car to see what is going on and there was no water leak. It is strange. Will keep you up to date.
This is a normal process. When the pipes are cold they contract. Therefore, some condensation will leak out of the pipes. When the exhaust gets warms you will likely not have a leak anymore. As long as exhaust isn't leaking you shouldn't worry about it.
Old 10-20-2009, 05:42 PM
6-SPEED LOVER

Received 122 Likes on 90 Posts
good... atleast is nuttin serious
Old 10-23-2009, 05:39 AM
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I don't have this problem at all. How do you like the exhaust Tim? My wife has finally gotten used to it, and I still LOVE it! Thanks Josh.
Old 10-23-2009, 11:23 AM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by dragonlord
I don't have this problem at all. How do you like the exhaust Tim? My wife has finally gotten used to it, and I still LOVE it! Thanks Josh.
What I like the most is when I down shift. The sound that makes is unbelievable.
Old 10-26-2009, 04:08 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thats really wierd... cause i have the XLR8 Exhaust as well and everytime i start my car up.... hot ass bitches come running... i dont get any water.... hahah

Josh your exhaust is awesome! and same with the JPIPE!