ProCats installation questions...

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2006, 09:10 AM
tehLEGOman

Received 1,982 Likes on 1,335 Posts
ProCats installation questions...

Hey guys.....a couple quick questions on the e-shift procats install.

I am about to have these installed and was wondering what components need to be removed in order to get these cats mounted up and the old ones taken out. i.e. axles, radiator, supercharger, etc.

The techs told me the supercharger had to come out to get the front cat out, but from my understanding this could be done by removing the radiator. Please, let me know if this is correct.

I appreciate anyones input and look forward to the gains that this mod will yield.
Old 09-15-2006, 09:28 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by ACCURATEin
Hey guys.....a couple quick questions on the e-shift procats install.

I am about to have these installed and was wondering what components need to be removed in order to get these cats mounted up and the old ones taken out. i.e. axles, radiator, supercharger, etc.

The techs told me the supercharger had to come out to get the front cat out, but from my understanding this could be done by removing the radiator. Please, let me know if this is correct.

I appreciate anyones input and look forward to the gains that this mod will yield.

You supercharger will definately have to come out to install the front one. As for the axles and radiator, no they do not have to be removed. you tower strut bar etc. has to be removed as well as you trans sheild underneath the car. thats is whats on the top of my head right now. please help to chime in with others!
Old 09-15-2006, 11:06 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 624 Likes on 478 Posts
You just have to remove the condensor fan on the front if your vehicle is NA. It may be possible to do the cats with the radiator out but I'm not certain. Most have said you need to remove the S/C. On the rear you can do it two ways: remove the passenger axle and I believe also the half shaft and drop the cat from the bottom. Or remove the strut bar and 2 coil packs closest to the passenger side wheel along with three heat shields: steering rack, half shaft, and cat heat shield. And then pull it from the top.
Old 09-19-2006, 10:20 AM
tehLEGOman

Received 1,982 Likes on 1,335 Posts
Thanks for the input guys!

The install went smoothly and was performed at Hendrick Acura. I'm surprised they went through with the install considering these parts were aftermarket.

Josh thanks for the swiftness in product delivery...very good business.
Old 09-19-2006, 10:55 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 624 Likes on 478 Posts
Originally Posted by ACCURATEin
Josh thanks for the swiftness in product delivery...very good business.
You're welcome.