Preliminary Supercharger reflash results - looking for a tester

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2007, 11:00 AM
OMGWTF4THGENTL

Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts
Originally Posted by hondata
I have answered your questions and yet you respond by polluting this thread with insults.

Moderators, please close this thread.
Fanboy: Fanboy is a term used to describe an individual (usually male; the feminine version fangirl may be used for females) who is utterly devoted to a single fannish subject, or to a single point of view within that subject, often to the point where it is considered an obsession. Fanboys remain loyal to their particular obsession, disregarding any factors (often including logic) that differ from their point of view.

My statement was not intended as an insult to Hondata, but rather a colorful annotation to the "eagerness" of the 03TL_S. Reread my post, I have never questioned your companies abilites. Thank you for the response.

I look forward to your release of the product, and the independent testing results on performance and reliability.
Old 10-06-2007, 11:52 AM
8 second & 150 mph member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Tim i thank people like you for helping in the development of projects like this. I personally will be one of the first to purchase this once hondata makes it avalible.

As far as kennedy and 03tls..... you guys need to take a step back and realize you are argueing over the internet!!!! I have bit my tongue numerous times on other peoples comments. There is no need for this kind of behavior on a public forum dedicated to something we all have in common.... The acura tl. Your should settle your indifferences by going toe to toe and the loser can buy the other one a twelve pack to split it. Now i will arange the fight and sell tickets to help fund my purchase. Please pm me your addresses and i will make all necassary arangements for the battle. J/K come on guys let everyone discuss what the topic and thread is all about.

So hondata please keep us all informed on the updates and progress in your developments as i like many others are patiently awaiting the release.
Old 10-06-2007, 04:49 PM
313.4WHP& 284.6TQ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
kennedy and 03tls

like stated this is the internet. Both of you need to grow up so much more. Bit your tongue or pm each other with you trash. None of us care about it. Now look what you both have done, you have asked hondata to have this thread closed.
Ussi, Tim, and myself among some others have hondata working on our ecu to tune it for everyone who wants it, but trash talk like both of you display is so dum...
The longer hondata takes to come out I blame on both of you.
Old 10-06-2007, 06:54 PM
OMGWTF4THGENTL

You guys are right, this is the internet... A free and open place to communicate. Please define grow up... Sorry you disagree with my posts.

I consider this more than the internet, it's a community, where folks meet, and get to know each other. I've made a few friends here already, and yes, we meet in person often. This more than anonymous chat...

I asked a question of Hondata, because I am INTERESTED in the product, but not blindly.

03TL_S came after me, said a bunch of silly things, mostly off topic. I responded, same as I would in a face to face to discussion.

Bite my lip? No thanks, not what I do. Had he PM'd me his personal thoughts on my postings, my response would have been the same.

I'm exceptionally sorry you guys feel the need to assign blame for delays in Hondata's development because folks feel the need to take the postings off-topic and start bashing other members for asking pointed and appropriate questions. To think dumb internet posting have anything to do with thier development cycle is pretty silly.

Sorry this thread will be closed. It's not like another won't be opened when the product is ready for sale. Perhaps I'll be able to ask appropriate questions in that thread without being ridiculed and called names.

Hopefully we can now drop this and move on.
Old 10-06-2007, 07:12 PM
313.4WHP& 284.6TQ

Kennedy
true free place to talk communicate, but it belongs in the pm or rambling section.
I know you know what grow up means, so dont try and act smart.
I know you asked a question about hondata and for 03tl to talk crap was very dum. But you are the mature adult correct?...
I put blame for the development of both of you.
from this point I wont respond...
Old 10-06-2007, 07:34 PM
Safety Car

Received 435 Likes on 328 Posts
I think this thread should be closed because it has gone way off topic which is too bad.

The truly unfortunate thing is that Comptech really released and continues to sell the supercharger knowing full well that it needs an ECU update to make it right. If they did have plans to work with Hondata before they went under, it seems like they really don't care now that they've come back or else the two would partner together and make the update retroactive to previous purchasers.

I'm not a person with deep pockets and I would never put a SC on my car knowing the ECU can't keep up. And to have to pay another $600 on top of $4k is crazy.

Also, to say product release is delayed by internet battling is totally ridiculous.

Anyway, I'm hoping the SC version is a great success and can't wait to see if Hondata can justify a NA version.
Old 10-06-2007, 10:33 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,999 Likes on 1,420 Posts
Directed to HONDATA:
will you be working on the Type-S TL flash for the supercharger? If you did, this would open up the door for alot of type S's being SC'ed as the ACM from comptech will not work with the TL-S tune.

Directed to Mods: Can you clean up this thread.
Old 10-07-2007, 10:59 AM
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Wink How did I get dragged into this?

I'm staying out of this!

A-Train
Old 10-07-2007, 08:31 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
kennedy, just 3 words for you. your an idiot.
Old 10-07-2007, 08:58 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 594 Likes on 457 Posts
Damn........we finally have a direct dialogue with Hondata and the thread goes to hell.
lets keep the lines of communication open with Hondata it will be beneficial for all of us.
Old 10-07-2007, 11:22 PM
2006 TL-S.C. 6mt

didnt mean to get hondata mad. i just cant stand how liberal Kennedy is about EVERYTHING and i have to push his buttons.
Old 10-08-2007, 04:28 AM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Kennedy
You guys are right, this is the internet... A free and open place to communicate. Please define grow up... Sorry you disagree with my posts.
Allow me to communicate... your an idiot.
Old 10-08-2007, 04:29 AM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Kennedy
Old 10-08-2007, 08:12 AM
OMGWTF4THGENTL

Originally Posted by ThinJim
That's helpful Jim... Sorry you're so annoyed too. I didn't take this thread off topic, please remember that.
Old 10-08-2007, 11:48 AM
Trucki!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Old 10-09-2007, 12:31 PM
Too much kid stuff in

Smile Let's focus on the goal here...

Hello all. New member here looking to supercharge with the ECU reflash. I've been watching this thread for a few months now and am disappointed with the recent turn in the thread. I'd personally love to see this thread get back on track. So far I've learned a lot from Hondata's posts and I've been looking forward to their product. It looks like they may have checked out though, and that's unfortunate. I know that Hondata says that they won't recoupe their investment, but bailing at this point doesn't seem smart. To me, it seems that there's money to be made here for Hondata. (1) Comptech has shut down, product discontinued; (2) Hondata is in the business of tuning ECUs for Honda products with FI; (3) Acura TL is one of the best-selling, entry-level luxury sedans (4) There are plenty of bored guys (and gals I'm sure) out in suburbia with the money to supercharge, but are unwilling to do so without a reliable tune. Hondata, please come back.

As for Kennedy, I don't think that his comments are out of line. They're directed toward Hondata's goal of developing a tune for the SC when many of the posts here aren't toward that goal (the posts for NA, Type-S, etc). Kennedy only asked questions based on his experiences and had to defend himself after being attacked as a "pessimist," a "sissy," and now a "liberal" and an "idiot." Being cautious and asking questions should not be met with namecalling. Regardless of where we come from, I'm sure all of us watching this thread (actively participating or not) hope that Hondata figures this out so that a supercharged TL making it to 100,000 miles is not an anomaly. I think we can all agree on that and maybe we should focus on that.
Old 10-09-2007, 12:40 PM
Too much kid stuff in

Err, been watching the posts regarding supercharging for a few months rather...
Old 10-09-2007, 01:02 PM
Oderint dum metuant.

Received 534 Likes on 446 Posts
Originally Posted by 04_NBP
Hello all. New member here looking to supercharge with the ECU reflash. I've been watching this thread for a few months now and am disappointed with the recent turn in the thread. I'd personally love to see this thread get back on track. So far I've learned a lot from Hondata's posts and I've been looking forward to their product. It looks like they may have checked out though, and that's unfortunate. I know that Hondata says that they won't recoupe their investment, but bailing at this point doesn't seem smart. To me, it seems that there's money to be made here for Hondata. (1) Comptech has shut down, product discontinued; (2) Hondata is in the business of tuning ECUs for Honda products with FI; (3) Acura TL is one of the best-selling, entry-level luxury sedans (4) There are plenty of bored guys (and gals I'm sure) out in suburbia with the money to supercharge, but are unwilling to do so without a reliable tune. Hondata, please come back.

As for Kennedy, I don't think that his comments are out of line. They're directed toward Hondata's goal of developing a tune for the SC when many of the posts here aren't toward that goal (the posts for NA, Type-S, etc). Kennedy only asked questions based on his experiences and had to defend himself after being attacked as a "pessimist," a "sissy," and now a "liberal" and an "idiot." Being cautious and asking questions should not be met with namecalling. Regardless of where we come from, I'm sure all of us watching this thread (actively participating or not) hope that Hondata figures this out so that a supercharged TL making it to 100,000 miles is not an anomaly. I think we can all agree on that and maybe we should focus on that.
Everything here is correct except #1...CT has reopened and is selling products.
Old 10-11-2007, 12:15 PM
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Old 10-11-2007, 03:27 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 509 Likes on 323 Posts
Kennedy, I might address the question of reliability here with the notion that Comptech has a limit on the power they can generate because either adding more boost will compromise the reliability, or they do not possess the tuning capability to produce the power without increasing boost.

Hondata does have the tuning capability, hence they can create more power with same or actually better reliability with the same boost levels.

I have spoken with you on the phone and in your defense you are well spoken and very intelligent. Sometimes too intelligent for your own good. I run into the same problems online as you do. Being straightforward and scientific about your topics leads to people either not being able to understand you and be offended by default, or garners negative comments as to your "know it all" attitude. My advice...try Try TRY to resist engaging in arguments with people who are not able to read, comprehend, and reply to your messages without resorting to stupid comments that not only do not address your post, but steer the conversation so far off topic that regular members tire of it. I know I have a hard time restraining myself.
Old 10-11-2007, 09:03 PM
DER NEUE ^

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Any updates???
Old 10-11-2007, 11:43 PM
AZ Community Team

Received 7,770 Likes on 4,341 Posts
Hey, just following progress on this post.

Kennedy's questions are valid. How else can you evaluate risk versus return if you don't ask how the reliability was tested. I don't see it as bashing, but as trying to make an informed decision.

Things like these high stress engine parts are built with a buffer between the amount of stress expected and the amount of stress the part is capable of handling. Could be 1.5x, 2x, 3x or even more. But when you ADD power, the buffer is smaller.

Hondata will tell you guys, there is A LOT of high force activity inside a 7,000 RPM engine. The parts are only designed to a certain structural limit. You put more stress on any ONE part than it was designed for and you can shred the whole thing. Even worse, if there should be even a very small defect in a single part under stress it might not hold up to the design limit. But you'd be SOL warranty wise.

I'm sure Hondata understands this and guards against it. Kennedy, just asked for information on what those safe guards are. No big deal.
Old 10-14-2007, 10:58 PM
2006 TL-S.C. 6mt

where'd you go hondata?
Old 10-16-2007, 08:07 PM

God the suspense is killing me!!! that and the track closes in a few weeks.
Old 10-17-2007, 10:14 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by RYAN97812
God the suspense is killing me!!! that and the track closes in a few weeks.
x2
Old 10-17-2007, 11:35 AM
tehLEGOman

Received 1,982 Likes on 1,335 Posts
Just got done driving the TL with the hondata reflash and man what an improvement!! ..excuse me while i go test it out some more...later dawgs!!!
Old 10-17-2007, 11:38 AM

hahaha f@cker thanks for the tease
Old 10-17-2007, 11:44 AM
Oderint dum metuant.

Received 534 Likes on 446 Posts
Originally Posted by ACCURATEin
Just got done driving the TL with the hondata reflash and man what an improvement!! ..excuse me while i go test it out some more...later dawgs!!!
Eric, we need to meet up (your shady @$$ never called last weekend...)...I need to check out some things on your car...
Old 10-17-2007, 12:49 PM
2006 TL-S.C. 6mt

you son of a B!....i take it you removed your ecu and shipped it to torrence, ca?
Old 10-19-2007, 12:52 AM
347hp/300tq @ 4psi

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

haha nice
Old 10-19-2007, 01:04 AM
tehLEGOman

SYKE! i was kidding about having the reflash! i wish though i wish
Old 10-19-2007, 11:34 PM
runnin a little boost

Received 256 Likes on 208 Posts
Hondata please come back. I will be needing this reflash soon.
Old 10-20-2007, 08:07 AM
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Old 10-21-2007, 07:00 PM

Received 70 Likes on 21 Posts
Originally Posted by Hi speed
Hondata please come back. I will be needing this reflash soon.
Unfortunately we were not able to get any additional testers other than the two people we have been working with (who have been wonderfully patient and giving of their cars), so testing is going rather slowly.

The SEMA show is early November, and we are preparing for that, so nothing is likely to be posted for a few weeks.
Old 10-21-2007, 08:19 PM
runnin a little boost

Received 256 Likes on 208 Posts
Thanks, good luck with the reflash.
Old 10-22-2007, 03:26 PM
Regional Coordinator (Southeast)

Received 3,750 Likes on 2,534 Posts
Originally Posted by hondata
Unfortunately we were not able to get any additional testers other than the two people we have been working with (who have been wonderfully patient and giving of their cars), so testing is going rather slowly.

The SEMA show is early November, and we are preparing for that, so nothing is likely to be posted for a few weeks.
eric start driving to cali now.
Old 10-22-2007, 03:52 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I really don't care how much more power the reflash makes. I just want to get rid of the surging. Any extra ponies and torque is icing on the cake for me.
Old 10-22-2007, 05:49 PM
A J35A8 EG civic is in

Received 58 Likes on 45 Posts
If you guys want to donate a supercharger to me ill drive to cali
Old 11-12-2007, 09:37 PM
tehLEGOman

Come on californians, pull through with this. I'm sure there are some supercharged lurkers here, so if you're reading this take one for the team and head over to hondata.
Old 11-12-2007, 10:51 PM
Iro Ridg .308

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts
Come on californians, pull through with this. I'm sure there are some supercharged lurkers here, so if you're reading this take one for the team and head over to hondata.
Car is getting preliminary shop work done. Still gotta verify if it's one or a mixture of bent/broken valve, bad piston, or bad piston rings. If it's just a valve job, I'll jump on an SC and can drive my car down.....

Quick Reply: Preliminary Supercharger reflash results - looking for a tester