performance chip..

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2010, 02:24 PM
2004 Acura TL

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
performance chip..

does any one have one? & how much of a diff does it make?
Old 06-23-2010, 02:29 PM

Received 16,267 Likes on 11,974 Posts
no sir, if you searched you would have found out that there are no performance chips.
kthxbye.
Old 06-23-2010, 02:31 PM
2004 Acura TL

so what are these..

http://www.engineperformancechip.com...-2008-c-868_49
Old 06-23-2010, 02:32 PM

maybe you should buy it and find out.
Old 06-23-2010, 02:35 PM
2004 Acura TL

i thought this website was supposed to be helpful? apparently not when you have losers like you who don't know how to answer questions and instead act like a smart ass
Old 06-23-2010, 02:37 PM

sorry for the smart ass answer, but i answered your question in my first post.
Old 06-23-2010, 02:46 PM
Chapter Leader (New England)

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts
There are no chips for our cars. End of story. I wouldn't wire one of those things you posted to my car if THEY paid ME to do it.
Old 06-23-2010, 03:30 PM
.43g at 900+fps

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
oh man. another perf chip thread?
Old 06-23-2010, 03:34 PM
Chapter Leader (Central New Jersey)

Received 220 Likes on 202 Posts
im in for 40-50hp for 99 dollars.......better yet im gonna buy everything on that whole page and have like 800hp...lmao
Old 06-23-2010, 03:37 PM
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
No need to be assholes guys. Tell him to do a search or something. No need to be douches.
The following users liked this post:
JohnWilson (03-25-2021)
Old 06-23-2010, 03:38 PM
Race Director

Received 277 Likes on 161 Posts
"losers" ok, I've noted your nickname.. I'll make sure to steer clear of helping you in the future. Get the chip, let us know how a non-turbo car will benefit from it.

And Dear d*ckhunt, we are not douches or other fun names, he received a reply in his first post as there are no such things as chips for a TL

Last edited by TeknoKing; 06-23-2010 at 03:42 PM.
Old 06-23-2010, 03:40 PM
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by duckhunt
No need to be assholes guys. Tell him to do a search or something. No need to be douches.
Serouisly...

Anyways, Here's a quick thread about "performance chips"

https://acurazine.com/forums/2g-rl-2005-2012-76/performance-chip-rl-759044/

It's just a bunch of BS.
Old 06-23-2010, 03:41 PM
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by mrconnecticut
i thought this website was supposed to be helpful? apparently not when you have losers like you who don't know how to answer questions and instead act like a smart ass
Almost everything listed on that site would fall under the catagory of "lies sold by liars", and play on falsehoods brought out by video games like Gran Turismo where a "chip" was something you could add to any car to add power.

In reality they don't exist, at least not for naturally aspirated (non turbocharged) cars. For turbocharged cars, like a VW GTI you can "chip" the car which is effectively a way of upping the turbocharger boost to get more power. Most of those chips that people sell on sites like that or Ebay are nothing more than a few radio shack transistors soldered together to look like some kind of electronic device.

For a TL, the computer is already doing all it can. The only real ways of improving power are by increasing the breathing of the engine (intake or exhaust modifications, intakes themselves are a bit of snake oil as well). For the most part, you need to factor in the fact that cars are designed by large teams of highly trained engineers who squeeze as much performance out of a car as they can without violating emissions laws or drastically sacrificing fuel economy or reliablity.

I would spend some time looking around on this site or google. It's an easy question to mock because it's a noob question thats been asked many times before. There is a lot of info out there thats already been explained in detail so spending some time reading would help you understand a lot.
Old 06-23-2010, 04:18 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 624 Likes on 478 Posts
From that link:

The ACURA TL 1995-2008 performance chip we offer will substantially increase the performance of your engine. The performance chip for your Acura TL 1995- 2008 is made with a custom, sleep design. Using a performance chip in your Acura TL 1995- 2008 will enable you to get the most speed out of your car, as well as break reaction time, and even some added on horsepower to make your car that much more powerful. With these advancements available custom made just for your car you literally have nothing to lose, and only tons to gain ! Adding this performance chip to your Acura TL 1995- 2008 will enable it to do so much more, in such little time ! Just get any basic tool set, if not less and you'll have the performance chip installed in no time.

custom, sleep design - what is that?
get the most speed out of your car?
break reaction time?
custom made for a 95-08 TL except for the fact that the 95 TL and 08 TL have totally different chassis with different motors

You get what you pay for. There are plenty of mods you can do to gain power. This is not one of them and it should be evident from the description. You risk engine damage with one of these chips due to it altering the signals from certain sensors without doing it appropriately.

If you need advice on what mods to get and on a certain budget shoot us an email or PM.
Old 06-23-2010, 04:50 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 269 Likes on 229 Posts
been answered 100000000x before so no wonder people are being a little harsh. Always search before posting, if you have an idea or a question, chances are someone has already asked it.

what's your avatar about, are you Albanian?
Old 06-23-2010, 08:18 PM
Fire/medic

Got to love the smart asses in the internet world! LMAO. Lighten up.
Old 06-23-2010, 08:39 PM
2004 Acura TL

Originally Posted by TeknoKing
"losers" ok, I've noted your nickname.. I'll make sure to steer clear of helping you in the future. Get the chip, let us know how a non-turbo car will benefit from it.

And Dear d*ckhunt, we are not douches or other fun names, he received a reply in his first post as there are no such things as chips for a TL
hey teknoqueen if the question was already answered why answer it again?
Old 06-23-2010, 08:40 PM
2004 Acura TL

Originally Posted by myron
been answered 100000000x before so no wonder people are being a little harsh. Always search before posting, if you have an idea or a question, chances are someone has already asked it.

what's your avatar about, are you Albanian?
yes i am
Old 06-23-2010, 08:42 PM
2004 Acura TL

& thanks to the people who answered the question without smart ass answers..
Old 06-23-2010, 08:48 PM
Instructor

Just keep in mind next time you have a question, the search button is your friend. Everyone has to start learning somewhere, but most general questions can be answered by searching.
Old 06-23-2010, 08:56 PM
Former Whiner

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I don't understand how you can come off with such rudeness.
You asked a question, received an answer. You doubt the answer, fair enough... prove 'em kid. I guarantee to you that if you continue with these types of posts, you will be forced to actually read/search because no one will even bother with helping you.

/thread
Old 06-23-2010, 09:03 PM
LIST/RAMEN/WING MAHSTA 짱

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Old 06-23-2010, 09:51 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts
really? really? 22 posts in this "chip" thing?

while i encourage the advice ppl give to new members about search..its usually each time a thread has been reposted, they will be advised to search..however, repost threads keep adding up...so now the forum has been flooded with reposts. mind you, most reposted threads have gotten a lot of posts on them, so when someone searches, they will get a ton of threads on the subject, and which one do you read? or do u just read all 143556 "performance chip" threads?

My advice is, one of the Mods should add a banner, or a sticky that says "there's no such things as chips for the TL"..and for many other things...bcs so much craps been beaten to death that you almost always get 100s of threads matching ur search.. i mean geez..try searching the word "muffler" or "resonator"

so when this keeps happening, all new members hesitate on even attempting to read any threads that come up, so they just start a new one.

if i was a Mod, id prob clean up the forum, or set up some kinda filter that prevents you from reposting stuff that's already floating freely which ppl dont bother reading.

i can only take an example of myself (not to even mention many other members that i know)..i keep having to repeat myself over and over and over, and i got tired of it. Which is why i barely post anymore.

either way..to the OP, you asked a question, and first post gave you the most accurate answer..there's no such thing to gain from...but you argued and tried to prove it with your findings from a website listing the "chip"...come to think of it, you didnt hesitate to search google for a "chip" but hesitant enough to search if there's actually any info on such in this forum. Believe me, anything to do with the TL, has been debated, fought, argued, resolved, failed etc, already
Old 06-23-2010, 10:04 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by Opel

while i encourage the advice ppl give to new members about search..its usually each time a thread has been reposted, they will be advised to search..however, repost threads keep adding up...so now the forum has been flooded with reposts. mind you, most reposted threads have gotten a lot of posts on them, so when someone searches, they will get a ton of threads on the subject, and which one do you read? or do u just read all 143556 "performance chip" threads?

My advice is, one of the Mods should add a banner, or a sticky that says "there's no such things as chips for the TL"..and for many other things...bcs so much craps been beaten to death that you almost always get 100s of threads matching ur search.. i mean geez..try searching the word "muffler" or "resonator"

so when this keeps happening, all new members hesitate on even attempting to read any threads that come up, so they just start a new one.

if i was a Mod, id prob clean up the forum, or set up some kinda filter that prevents you from reposting stuff that's already floating freely which ppl dont bother reading.

i can only take an example of myself (not to even mention many other members that i know)..i keep having to repeat myself over and over and over, and i got tired of it. Which is why i barely post anymore.

either way..to the OP, you asked a question, and first post gave you the most accurate answer..there's no such thing to gain from...but you argued and tried to prove it with your findings from a website listing the "chip"...come to think of it, you didnt hesitate to search google for a "chip" but hesitant enough to search if there's actually any info on such in this forum. Believe me, anything to do with the TL, has been debated, fought, argued, resolved, failed etc, already
I get what you're saying, but I just searched "TL performance chip" and the following are the first 4 threads relating to them and in all of them the 2nd post says something along the lines of "there is no such thing". Just sayin.

https://acurazine.com/forums/showthr...rformance+chip
https://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=759044
Old 06-23-2010, 10:05 PM
2004 Acura TL

Originally Posted by Souljah
I don't understand how you can come off with such rudeness.
You asked a question, received an answer. You doubt the answer, fair enough... prove 'em kid. I guarantee to you that if you continue with these types of posts, you will be forced to actually read/search because no one will even bother with helping you.

/thread
i didn't doubt an answer first of all.. i asked another question..& i come off with rudeness when someone is rude to me.. if you don't want someone to be rude to you don't be rude to someone else simple as that.. im a new member on here and i don't know much on how to use the site and it's not that hard to answer the question i asked

Originally Posted by Opel

well since the answer has been answered 20 times already there's no need for people to even reply to this thread anymore so this thread can be closed
Old 06-23-2010, 11:19 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,183 Likes on 1,211 Posts
Originally Posted by justnspace
no sir, if you searched you would have found out that there are no performance chips.
kthxbye.
This. OP- This site is helpful and is information based. However, you must search before posting a thread. Our members are really good about answering questions if you can at least show that you made an effort, in this case you made none. Moreover, I for one do not tolerate name calling.

Last edited by ggesq; 06-23-2010 at 11:22 PM.