New ECU preview

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2011, 12:39 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by bmeyer
Actually, I'd rather let Rodney respond with the logs and/or timing tables if he sees fit. He's invested a lot of time and money in getting these base maps created. I'd rather not undermine any of his efforts by posting that sort of information.
Oh so you dont want to know what you are using? Thats cool.
Old 05-03-2011, 12:45 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by KN_TL
I wasn't going to post anything except some screenshots of logging that I could capture. Just to show it can be done.

I agree with you. Rodney has gone above and beyond for this community and we should respect the work he has done by supporting his products by purchasing, not pirating.
Not to start an argument, but can you explain how that is pirating? I am not asking to see his tables, I just want to see it in action. I dont know how things work on this board, but I have never heard of users and tuners that wouldn't want to display and share logs.
Example:

Last edited by Forcefed 3; 05-03-2011 at 12:49 PM.
Old 05-03-2011, 01:04 PM
Pro

Received 72 Likes on 46 Posts
Originally Posted by Forcefed 3
Oh so you dont want to know what you are using? Thats cool.
Excuse me? How does posting a log or the timing tables help *ME* know what *I'm* using?? Obviously *I* can open those tables or log any values that I need.

There's no need for snide remarks. Especially when they weren't dished out to you. Maybe you should take a step back for a moment... you've done nothing but step on toes since you've been here.
Old 05-03-2011, 01:10 PM
runnin a little boost

Received 256 Likes on 208 Posts
Not to start an argument, but can you explain how that is pirating? I am not asking to see his tables, I just want to see it in action. I dont know how things work on this board, but I have never heard of users and tuners that wouldn't want to display and share logs.
Example:
I think what you are not getting is no one has this ECU other than rodney and kikazz, both of which are too busy to data log for you. There were a lot of request from people when the turbo came out for the base maps so they didn't have to spend the $$$ getting tuned. This is what I think people think you are asking for. Wait until its released and people might log timing for you, but without knowing what you want to do there will be little interest in doing so. post your question or email rodney and he will answer it for you.
Old 05-03-2011, 01:11 PM
Advanced

Excuse me? How does posting a log or the timing tables help *ME* know what *I'm* using?? Obviously *I* can open those tables or log any values that I need.

There's no need for snide remarks. Especially when they weren't dished out to you. Maybe you should take a step back for a moment... you've done nothing but step on toes since you've been here.
Edit: I thought you had the ECU.
Why wouldnt you want to see how its running before you buy it? Unless you are just worried about performance only, then I guess dyno numbers are all you need.

Last edited by Forcefed 3; 05-03-2011 at 01:25 PM.
Old 05-03-2011, 01:15 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by Hi speed
I think what you are not getting is no one has this ECU other than rodney and kikazz, both of which are too busy to data log for you. There were a lot of request from people when the turbo came out for the base maps so they didn't have to spend the $$$ getting tuned. This is what I think people think you are asking for. Wait until its released and people might log timing for you, but without knowing what you want to do there will be little interest in doing so. post your question or email rodney and he will answer it for you.
No problem, I just didn't think people would have a problem posting them. If there aren't enough people willing to do this yet, thats fine, no need to get so defensive everyone.
Old 05-03-2011, 01:17 PM

Received 16,265 Likes on 11,974 Posts
^no one has the freakin ECU yet.
Old 05-03-2011, 01:17 PM
Pro

I don't think anyone was getting defensive until you started making your comments. Maybe you're just used to the BMW forums... we (try to) run things a little differently here. Making those sort of comments to those who you're asking for help from is no way to get them to help you.
Old 05-03-2011, 01:22 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by justnspace
^no one has the freakin ECU yet.
okay thanks except kikazz
Old 05-03-2011, 02:09 PM
Safety Car

Received 435 Likes on 328 Posts
Forcefed, what did I say. I'd post screenshots of logs, at least I would before your comments.

I was merely agreeing with bmeyer and his comments.

With regard to seeing before buying? Three of us went way out on a limb with Rodney for thousands of dollars while he was building the turbo kit. It took longer than he expected but he came through. I have no reservations whatsoever with his work. As before, I paid ahead of time with the ECU so I could help out.
Old 05-03-2011, 02:36 PM
Advanced

Forcefed, what did I say. I'd post screenshots of logs, at least I would before your comments.

I was merely agreeing with bmeyer and his comments.

With regard to seeing before buying? Three of us went way out on a limb with Rodney for thousands of dollars while he was building the turbo kit. It took longer than he expected but he came through. I have no reservations whatsoever with his work. As before, I paid ahead of time with the ECU so I could help out.
So you are saying just because I asked you how that is pirating you aren't going to post them? If so, thats fine, someone will end up posting them eventually. I understand you 3 made an investment in it, but what about everyone else? It just seems like everyone when speaking about products here is "don't ask questions just use it." I dont really understand that
Old 05-03-2011, 05:25 PM
Instructor

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
got a timing table for you forcefed, if you wanted to see one so bad, why not just google it.

Old 05-03-2011, 05:48 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by TLdream
got a timing table for you forcefed, if you wanted to see one so bad, why not just google it.

Actually if you read my posts I said I didn't even need a timing table, just a few logs. Thanks for your help though.

Last edited by Forcefed 3; 05-03-2011 at 05:51 PM.
Old 05-04-2011, 01:10 AM
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
I don't think anyone was getting defensive until you started making your comments.
I do.

You might want to reread your own posts. Posting logs does not equal pirating or undermining. I would call that pretty defensive.
Old 05-04-2011, 07:43 AM
Pro

LOL Me saying that I don't want to post something that could either directly or indirectly give away someone else's intellectual property is defensive? Ok, dude...
Old 05-04-2011, 08:05 AM
Safety Car

So you are saying just because I asked you how that is pirating you aren't going to post them? If so, thats fine, someone will end up posting them eventually. I understand you 3 made an investment in it, but what about everyone else? It just seems like everyone when speaking about products here is "don't ask questions just use it." I dont really understand that
I should have worded that differently. It wasn't because of the pirating comment but all of the other garbage from you.

I'm not sure where you saw anyone saying 'don't ask questions just use it', but from what I have seen and what I have posted myself, we all give as much information as we can without handing out things that we paid for.

I was asked by a few people after I received the kit if I would send them the maps from my F/IC. This is what bmeyer is referring to. I won't do it and I hope anyone else who paid for this won't do it either. Rodney worked his ass off to give us this and he should be paid accordingly.

I won't make any more comments unless it's about the ECU. Hopefully we'll see it very soon.
Old 05-04-2011, 11:06 AM
Advanced

LOL Me saying that I don't want to post something that could either directly or indirectly give away someone else's intellectual property is defensive? Ok, dude...
Please explain how it could.
Old 05-04-2011, 11:09 AM
Advanced

I should have worded that differently. It wasn't because of the pirating comment but all of the other garbage from you.

I'm not sure where you saw anyone saying 'don't ask questions just use it', but from what I have seen and what I have posted myself, we all give as much information as we can without handing out things that we paid for.

I was asked by a few people after I received the kit if I would send them the maps from my F/IC. This is what bmeyer is referring to. I won't do it and I hope anyone else who paid for this won't do it either. Rodney worked his ass off to give us this and he should be paid accordingly.

I won't make any more comments unless it's about the ECU. Hopefully we'll see it very soon.
I'm not really sure how anything I have posted is garbage, I am just asking for some pretty basic stuff. I am sure it will be great, I am not trying to steal or re-create his ECU. I dont want his maps, all I want is to see a log. I dont need any tables. Hopefully you will post one up when you get it. If you look at the log I posted, thats what im basically asking for in any format; you couldn't steal anything from it. Cant wait to see some results!

Last edited by Forcefed 3; 05-04-2011 at 11:13 AM.
Old 05-04-2011, 05:48 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 48 Likes on 26 Posts
I've missed so much in last few months from been so freaking busy ,its finally catching up to me with a week long headache trailing , we ve just received kn and beymer clutch which they've been way more than patient waiting on ,also getting ecu ready for them as well ,for simple fact too people got to understand ,things take time if your concerned about your product going on the market and functioning as advertised it takes time if I weren't concerned id have released everything already ,I'm sure kn hi speed ,bmeyer and few others understand as there watched us grow with products that we were lacking for the Tl ,now forcefed I'm sure if you wait kn as always have kept supporting is and keeping the forum updated even with an install thread kikazz will not send a log as he's not too much of a timer or mechanic so to speak so last thing he will be doing will not be posting a log which we have an agreement I will be the one working on this project so a log from.kikazz will not happen I'm sure kn offered to post up as he gets it in patience is well worth it ,and yes they did buy the ecu without even knowing if it would work , theres a thing called believe and trust which most if not all on the forum here have seen jandr displayed and without them helping I'm sure I would be way behind ,tldream will even glad post up some logs as well as he's waiting also ,I think the logs are even better when someone other than jandr post them up too ,forcefed over here we usually make things happen so no worries about if ecu will or does it work with a trip to Canada by kikazz and a 561 whp daily driven tune along with our relentlessly testing I can say we will.all soon have an ecu which.we've all waited for ...
Old 05-04-2011, 09:58 PM
Advanced

I have no doubt it will work, I am sure it will be great. I just would like to see a log when some people get the ECU. I am just used to seeing multiple logs everyday posted by users with tuned vehicles so I figured someone would be happy to post them here too. I am not saying they are going to look bad, because I'm sure they won't, I just wanted to see how it looks that's all.
Old 05-05-2011, 07:40 PM
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Sonnick
20-25whp/tq without changing the VTEC point...that's serious business. I don't know for sure that changing the VTEC point will allow more tunability/power, but I want to say I'm 99.9% sure it will because every other Honda has seen benefit from a lower VTEC point. Not only that, but Honda didn't implement the crossover point in the Accord/TL for performance purposes either...
If I can get an extra ~25hp on a fully bolted base 6mt then count me in

Old 05-05-2011, 08:11 PM
runnin a little boost

Received 256 Likes on 208 Posts
Send a depo to Rodney if you are serious.
Old 05-06-2011, 12:00 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 930 Likes on 612 Posts
I'm seriously considering this, but I'm concerned with finding a competent tuner within a couple hundred mile radius. I've heard most don't like to mess with MS3.
Old 05-06-2011, 08:05 AM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by anx1300c
I'm seriously considering this, but I'm concerned with finding a competent tuner within a couple hundred mile radius. I've heard most don't like to mess with MS3.
I'm somewhat in the same boat. I have a dyno close by but I am really not sure about their tuning ability on anything but American muscle or corporate solutions.

Rodney's base tune has been good enough to use and I have been holding back at the moment, but you'll be able to collect logs and tell if anything is terribly wrong. I am also hopeful that the software to automatically adjust will be of some help. I'll eventually get it dyno'd but the DD numbers are what I care about.
Old 05-06-2011, 09:41 AM
All motor

Received 532 Likes on 395 Posts
Originally Posted by anx1300c
I hope I won't come off wrong (especially in this thread), when saying this. This ECU will work for us N/A guys, but as I understand, it's more inclined for the boosted guys. The fact is, the TL already has as much timing as it's going to need N/A as people have said they knock on stock maps. There is a knock sensor which I'm sure will work great. This works very well for N/A as we have seen already. I just don't think it is NEEDED to tune an N/A vehicle.

The FIC has been put to the test and is now able to tune both open/closed loop. I'm not trying to steer anyone away from this ECU in my post. All I am saying is for N/A guys, this ECU is not NEEDED. I will say that whether N/A or FI, there is no better tuning option. The FIC should be a close 2nd though in terms of N/A tuning.
Old 05-06-2011, 01:04 PM
I got the Shifts

Received 230 Likes on 163 Posts
If it made 25hp on a n/a I say it is a good idea.
I have yet to see a manufacturer ship a car with the most aggressive tune. I know Acura/Honda left a lot of power on the table with the oem ecu.
Old 05-06-2011, 01:46 PM
Race Director

Received 1,544 Likes on 1,197 Posts
Originally Posted by phee
If it made 25hp on a n/a I say it is a good idea.
I have yet to see a manufacturer ship a car with the most aggressive tune. I know Acura/Honda left a lot of power on the table with the oem ecu.
Agreed. As they almost always have.
Old 05-06-2011, 10:18 PM
Safety Car

Received 481 Likes on 290 Posts
And let's not forget the importance of being able to raise the RPM limiter to allow a bigger camshaft. Up to this point in time, a big camshaft was out of the question because bigger camshafts (by definition) move the peak horsepower RPM much higher (500-1000 RPM higher).
Old 05-07-2011, 01:05 AM
10th Gear

Rodney bro !!! I am in

how much deposit do you want for the ecu unit?
I will show my support
email me afgkid4life@sbcglobal.net, or tell the deposit amount and I will email you
Old 05-07-2011, 08:26 AM
Instructor

I hope I won't come off wrong (especially in this thread), when saying this. This ECU will work for us N/A guys, but as I understand, it's more inclined for the boosted guys. The fact is, the TL already has as much timing as it's going to need N/A as people have said they knock on stock maps. There is a knock sensor which I'm sure will work great. This works very well for N/A as we have seen already. I just don't think it is NEEDED to tune an N/A vehicle.

The FIC has been put to the test and is now able to tune both open/closed loop. I'm not trying to steer anyone away from this ECU in my post. All I am saying is for N/A guys, this ECU is not NEEDED. I will say that whether N/A or FI, there is no better tuning option. The FIC should be a close 2nd though in terms of N/A tuning.
From what i know, the opened/closed loop tuning is for AFR only. You cannot mess with the timing mapps witht the FIC. Although for the price the FIC is the best you can get, the j and r standalone will allow for full timing use.

Most people who have logged that said they were getting to much timing, to the point of knock, was upper rpm after the gas was let off, or in between shifts. The ecu will have better ability to pull timing where you dont want it, and put it in where you do.
Old 05-09-2011, 01:27 PM
Racer

Received 18 Likes on 8 Posts
I'm in, paypal sent. Planning on starting with the default tune Rodney sends out for my NA setup, but anyone know of a good tuner in the Seattle area? Any suggested reading for self-tuning (e.g. ECU datalogging + tweaking) or bad idea?

Hoping things are pretty rock solid before they ship 1st release and that it's firmware updatable via USB, just in case. Would be great to have this for the summer!
Old 05-09-2011, 09:03 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by bTwix
but anyone know of a good tuner in the Seattle area?

Hoping things are pretty rock solid before they ship 1st release and that it's firmware updatable via USB, just in case. Would be great to have this for the summer!

You have arguably one of the best tuners in the North west outside your door. Check out speedfactory.

http://www.speedfactoryracing.net/
Old 05-10-2011, 04:25 PM
Racer

Received 18 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by TLdream
You have arguably one of the best tuners in the North west outside your door. Check out speedfactory.

http://www.speedfactoryracing.net/
Cool, looks like they've done some pretty impressive builds. Thanks!
Old 05-11-2011, 08:43 PM
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Oh? The last time I looked, closed loop tuning with the FIC was not possible. Someone figured that out? More details please!
Old 05-12-2011, 09:13 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by siularbar
Oh? The last time I looked, closed loop tuning with the FIC was not possible. Someone figured that out? More details please!
its not the convential method of closed loop tuning, but there is a way to manipulate things in order to do it.
Old 05-12-2011, 09:42 AM
I got the Shifts

Received 230 Likes on 163 Posts
yea. its more like 02 skewing
Old 05-12-2011, 10:00 AM
Safety Car

^exactly. There was some work being done to take this a step further but Rodney's solution took it many steps further.

Not sure how far you went Brandon, maybe people would be interested in what you were cooking up and take the F/IC's off our hands when we get going on the MS ECU.
Old 05-31-2011, 02:27 PM
takin care of Business in

Received 4,732 Likes on 4,064 Posts
in for more knowledge and probably an ECU
Old 05-31-2011, 10:05 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 80 Likes on 58 Posts
is this ECU available yet or still being worked out!!! I might have to find a way to come up with the funds for this real soon!
Old 05-31-2011, 10:45 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 392 Likes on 202 Posts
Rodney already knows im down for one! I've been harassing him about my 5AT

Quick Reply: New ECU preview