New to the Acura community

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2013, 12:53 AM
B A N N E D

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New to the Acura community

Hi acurazine community,

My name is Julia I recently purchased a 2006 Acura Tl manual 6 speed with about 120k miles on it. (Switched from a toyota celica, needed a bit more luxury and engine was being worn down) Im the 3rd owner, when i purchased the car the guy who i purchased it from mentioned that he had some performance parts which he included. He said one was a rv6 v3 pcds but are not installed in the car (he left them in the trunk ).

I searched throughout the performance section here and found that they are pre cat deletes, so im guessing pretty much straight pipes?, and he also said that there were isc coil-overs on it with about 6k miles which he bought brand new. So i haven't thoroughly read through each performance section. but i have a few questions. I live in california and he told me that if i put on these pcds i wont be able to pass smog, but i will gain some power throughout the power train?.

The coil-overs are already on the car, but the ride is extremely rough i can feel almost every pothole and every bump on the road and its pretty annoying. he said that i can adjust the damping on it and the stiffness but im not totally sure how to ? On my previous car i purchased lowering springs which weren't adjustable.

When i purchased the car i didnt notice the rear passenger seats dont stay down, i took it to my local body shop and they noticed that the clips that hold the seats down were broken, does anyone know of any fixes which i can do ?.

Thanks for you help !.
Old 03-11-2013, 06:35 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 182 Likes on 140 Posts
How much did you pay it for.. I'm guessing he could've been a member here.
Old 03-11-2013, 07:31 AM
Safety Car

Received 435 Likes on 328 Posts
Welcome!

I have Tein SS's and they are rougher even at their lowest setting. If you want the factory ride back, you'd be better off replacing them with the factory shocks.

The clips are really cheap. You can see them here (#11).

http://www.acuraoemparts.com/delray/...All&vinsrch=no

Good luck!
The following users liked this post:
MyHawtTl (03-12-2013)
Old 03-11-2013, 07:39 AM
Racer

Received 67 Likes on 56 Posts
From what I've read you are correct, installing the pre-cat deletes will result in more power, but a failed emissions test. The RV6 PCDs seem to be pretty popular, and if you decide not to keep them, you can list them in the Black Market they should sell quickly.

When the previous owner installed the coilovers, the rear seat needed to be removed to get access to the bolts that secure the tops of the rear suspension assembly. Do a DIY search on the forum for removing the rear seat and you can see where the clips are and how they help to secure the bench. Good luck on the troubleshooting. I've had my TL for about 18 months and Acurazine is a superb resource.

Welcome to the forums

James
Old 03-11-2013, 09:55 AM
Safety Car

Received 1,120 Likes on 893 Posts
OP welcome and gratz on your purchase oh and also MT+girl=hawt

If you arent really into performance sell the PCD in the BM especially if you are skeptical in passing Cali's state inspection.

For the coil-overs either see if someone in your regional section, a member here, can assist you in person or if you want to take a shot at it maybe someone here can explain on how to adjust them. If you find that you dont like them after adjusting then get the stock set up and sell those ISC too in the BM.

For the clip, see KN_TL post

Good luck and keep us updated

Last edited by EvilVirus; 03-11-2013 at 09:57 AM.
Old 03-11-2013, 12:23 PM
Slot Machine Lubricator

Received 404 Likes on 316 Posts
I would use caution with the PCDs if you live in or plan to live in CA.

The police officers there will not hesitate to pull you over if they suspect your car is modified, and run their emissions test off your exhaust pipes.

I knew a guy with an Evo running cat less, motorcycle cop pulled up behind him in stopped traffic and ran an emissions test. His car was impounded that day.

The car was sent to a crusher after he failed to be able to replace the cats.

Last edited by 1black_seven; 03-11-2013 at 12:25 PM.
Old 03-11-2013, 11:52 PM
B A N N E D

Thank you guys so much for your feed back I think im better off just selling the pcds then. Do you know much they go for in the black market ?. The guy told me that he has about 7k miles on them before he removed them... im also debating if I want to remove the coilovers because I took it to my mechanic today and he put the stiffness to I think in the middle and it still rides really bad.

I have the stock suspension but the previous guy says that the front driver side is blown so I think im going to be replacing that one. I've looked at oemacuraparts.com and the price seems pretty reasonable

Or was it acuraoemparts.com

Was also thinking that I should sell the parts and buy the aspec kit because I really like how it looks .

Originally Posted by KN_TL
Welcome!

I have Tein SS's and they are rougher even at their lowest setting. If you want the factory ride back, you'd be better off replacing them with the factory shocks.

The clips are really cheap. You can see them here (#11).

http://www.acuraoemparts.com/delray/...All&vinsrch=no

Good luck!
Thanks just purchased 2 clips !

Last edited by Steven Bell; 03-25-2013 at 05:45 PM. Reason: Merged Posts
Old 03-12-2013, 01:22 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 850 Likes on 673 Posts
PM'd about PCDs.
Old 03-12-2013, 02:12 AM
B A N N E D

Originally Posted by rossv1
PM'd about PCDs.
umm i pmed you back

Originally Posted by EvilVirus
OP welcome and gratz on your purchase oh and also MT+girl=hawt

If you arent really into performance sell the PCD in the BM especially if you are skeptical in passing Cali's state inspection.

For the coil-overs either see if someone in your regional section, a member here, can assist you in person or if you want to take a shot at it maybe someone here can explain on how to adjust them. If you find that you dont like them after adjusting then get the stock set up and sell those ISC too in the BM.

For the clip, see KN_TL post

Good luck and keep us updated
thanks!, even at the lowest stiffness (he moved it in the middle) it still drives very rough. the car was lowered to where there was a 1inch - 1 1/2 inch gap between fender and tire.had them raise it up a bit. but rides on the freeway especially local are still annoying. thinking about just putting back the stock suspension.

Last edited by Steven Bell; 03-25-2013 at 05:46 PM. Reason: Merged Posts
Old 03-12-2013, 10:00 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 571 Likes on 304 Posts
Get the a-spec lip kit from Tim (username AckTL05 , i believe). Don't even question it. Just buy it.

i paid 715 for mine and another 300 at Acura stealership to install it.
Old 03-12-2013, 11:08 AM
Pro

Received 213 Likes on 135 Posts
Im sure someone local to you would be willing to swap out their stock suspension plus cash for your coilovers. Post it up in the black market and see if you get any responses.
Old 03-12-2013, 11:19 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,181 Likes on 1,210 Posts
Julia-The PCD's sell new for about 300-400 so that should give you an idea of where pricing should be for a used set. You can also look in the Black Market to see what other members are paying for used PCD's.

Unfortunately, you cannot post a for sale thread in the Black Market just yet. Members may not post new threads in the Black Market until they have been registered for 15 days and have made 5 constructive posts. They can post in Black Market threads if they are responding about something being sold that they might want, but they may not post their Want To Buy request in other members threads.

Members may not post anything for sale or trade until they have been a registered member for sixty (60) days and have 30 acceptable posts. They may respond to other threads if they wish, and make purchases, and also post Want To Buy (WTB) threads when they are upgraded to Registered User after 15 days and 5 posts (they do not need to wait for 60 days and 30 posts), but do not mention any items for sale or trade when posting in other threads.

If you are not eligible to post a thread in the Black Market Forum, you will just have to wait.

Please read THE BLACK MARKET RULES for more information.

I regret having to say this under these circumstances, but welcome to the forum.
Old 03-12-2013, 11:41 AM

Received 16,260 Likes on 11,971 Posts
I see my job here is done.
Old 03-12-2013, 12:39 PM
Suzuka Master

Not sure if you got my text, what's your PayPal for the PCDs?
Old 03-12-2013, 01:45 PM
Safety Car

Hawtl my adice to you is to just sell the ISC and oemacuraparts.com is the one or if your dealership can match price then even better. Most members here bash them but it wont hurt to ask. I do it all the time at my dealership i.e. needed master clutch cylinder and slave cylinder he match price the online (which was 227 shipped) and still discounted it and got it for 200.38 total plus it was in stock.

@I love cars

Ack05TL is Bruce fyi and agree with you. OP buy the aspec kit and add some leds and you are set.....for now

Last edited by EvilVirus; 03-12-2013 at 01:47 PM.
Old 03-12-2013, 07:38 PM
Pro

Received 106 Likes on 84 Posts
Originally Posted by i_love_cars
Get the a-spec lip kit from Tim (username AckTL05 , i believe). Don't even question it. Just buy it.

i paid 715 for mine and another 300 at Acura stealership to install it.
Tim and AckTL05 is two different person
Old 03-13-2013, 12:23 AM
5th Gear

I agree with evilvirus /\
Old 03-13-2013, 12:59 AM
B A N N E D

Originally Posted by EvilVirus
Hawtl my adice to you is to just sell the ISC and oemacuraparts.com is the one or if your dealership can match price then even better. Most members here bash them but it wont hurt to ask. I do it all the time at my dealership i.e. needed master clutch cylinder and slave cylinder he match price the online (which was 227 shipped) and still discounted it and got it for 200.38 total plus it was in stock.

@I love cars

Ack05TL is Bruce fyi and agree with you. OP buy the aspec kit and add some leds and you are set.....for now
thanks!, yeah i think im going to have my stock suspension put back on tomorrow. and wait until im able to post in the black market. or if anyone is interested . !

Originally Posted by ggesq
Julia-The PCD's sell new for about 300-400 so that should give you an idea of where pricing should be for a used set. You can also look in the Black Market to see what other members are paying for used PCD's.

Unfortunately, you cannot post a for sale thread in the Black Market just yet. Members may not post new threads in the Black Market until they have been registered for 15 days and have made 5 constructive posts. They can post in Black Market threads if they are responding about something being sold that they might want, but they may not post their Want To Buy request in other members threads.

Members may not post anything for sale or trade until they have been a registered member for sixty (60) days and have 30 acceptable posts. They may respond to other threads if they wish, and make purchases, and also post Want To Buy (WTB) threads when they are upgraded to Registered User after 15 days and 5 posts (they do not need to wait for 60 days and 30 posts), but do not mention any items for sale or trade when posting in other threads.

If you are not eligible to post a thread in the Black Market Forum, you will just have to wait.

Please read THE BLACK MARKET RULES for more information.

I regret having to say this under these circumstances, but welcome to the forum.
Thanks for the information.!
Old 03-13-2013, 09:31 AM
Advanced

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Welcome to the AZ community MyHawt TL!!! Do you have any pics of your new ride?
Old 03-25-2013, 01:16 AM
B A N N E D

Originally Posted by NTSPEEDTL
Welcome to the AZ community MyHawt TL!!! Do you have any pics of your new ride?
hey !, no not at the moment still very very busy at work.

i think im in need of some help guys!. couple of days ago. i put my car in reverse and i turned my wheels all the way to back into a parking spot, i had my music on low and i heard a very loud clunking or metal rubbing sound while i was backing up, so i turned the wheel the other way in reverse it still makes the same noise, but in 1st there isnt any noise when wheel is turned all the way. any help is appreciated thanks!.

Last edited by Steven Bell; 03-25-2013 at 05:46 PM. Reason: Merged Posts
Old 03-25-2013, 09:38 AM
Safety Car

Hawty, you will have a better response if you post this issue onto the Problems and Fixes Section.

I will give a shot, so check your tie rods, control arms, and calipers.
Old 03-25-2013, 10:37 AM
Pro

Received 213 Likes on 135 Posts
Broken axle perhaps?
Old 03-25-2013, 11:34 AM
Suzuka Master

Ball joints?
Old 03-25-2013, 05:48 PM
Team Owner

Received 6,470 Likes on 5,162 Posts
Julia,

In the lower right hand corner of each post, the middle icon is a Multi-Quote button. It allows you to respond to more than one person in a single reply.

Be sure to give it a try.