Mods

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2005, 03:32 PM
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Mods

I read with interest, all the mods that people install. However, I am not sure if I know what all mods are for, as I am not too technically inclined to understand most of them. Is there a place on these forums that explains each mod, and what that is for?
Old 12-21-2005, 03:47 PM
tTLiang

in parts and performance. mostly for our egos or what not. or if you get bored. too much $$$. did i mention ego? we are talking about only a fraction of a second most of the time.
Old 12-21-2005, 04:13 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by ttliang
in parts and performance. mostly for our egos or what not. or if you get bored. too much $$$. did i mention ego? we are talking about only a fraction of a second most of the time.
I hardly think that its ego!! Most just like to watch the power gains that you get from adding simple mods such as intake and exhaust. others will do it because they like the noise. I happened to go to the track regularly and a fraction of a second is being a little off. some mods will add a little horse power and give you a fraction of a second but others will shave a second or more. The S/C for one will easily get you into the 13's if driven properly. I know that a stock tl 6mt will run between a 14.3- 14.8 depending on the driver and suspension. for instance:

MY first pass at the track I ran a 14.9
My second I ran a 14.7
My third with and intake and suspension mods I ran a 14.01
after the exhaust and the pulley I ran in the high 13's all day long.

so okay I might not have shaved a complete full second off of the listed time for the 6mt but I enjoyed to watch the improvement the car was able to make with such simple mods.

on the other hand I had an RSX with a fully built motor with a turbocharger. it had 512 HP to the wheels and that thing moved. I would run 11's all day with front wheel drive on street tires. so my point being, some mods will only shave a fraction of a second and some will shave quite a bit. I beleive that people do it just to enjoy it themselves not to have and EGO!
Old 12-21-2005, 05:21 PM
tTLiang

noticed i said "most of the time" and i was right. i saw u enjoying ur car on 80 i think the other day. nothing wrong with that. i don't believe the originator meant things u did to your RSX. people doing 1000+ HP on their street cars for 4 -5 runs are not uncommon. a fraction of a sec is all u gonna get with B-ONs. i still think passing/show off other TLs in 3rd gear fast is for ego a lil bit(i/mycar is better than u/urs, subconsciously of course. hard to draw the line between i and mycar). that rush u get after smoking other cars. u call that enjoyment for whatever so be it. hey don't get me wrong. i got mods too.
Old 12-22-2005, 07:56 AM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by ttliang
noticed i said "most of the time" and i was right. i saw u enjoying ur car on 80 i think the other day. nothing wrong with that. i don't believe the originator meant things u did to your RSX. people doing 1000+ HP on their street cars for 4 -5 runs are not uncommon. a fraction of a sec is all u gonna get with B-ONs. i still think passing/show off other TLs in 3rd gear fast is for ego a lil bit(i/mycar is better than u/urs, subconsciously of course. hard to draw the line between i and mycar). that rush u get after smoking other cars. u call that enjoyment for whatever so be it. hey don't get me wrong. i got mods too.
yeah im sorry for jumping at you but I understand your point. Your right with bolt ons. you will not get that much on an increase with intake and exhaust but most people just like to enjoy the slight power increase. some do it for the mind set that they have a faster car than the other but I think most of us on here just do it for the enjoyment !
Old 12-22-2005, 12:25 PM
Pro

Interesting! I believe I am happy with whatever Acura put in for spped. Does quite well. However, my question still remains unanswered. Any place where the mods are defined, in that what exactly they do? I will appreciate if someone could guide me in that Pls.
Old 12-22-2005, 12:25 PM
Pro

Interesting! I believe I am happy with whatever Acura put in for speed. Does quite well. However, my question still remains unanswered. Any place where the mods are defined, in that what exactly they do? I will appreciate if someone could guide me in that Pls.
Old 12-22-2005, 12:50 PM
Burning Brakes

Mod list:

Intake: will increase the amount of air pulled in by the engine

Exhaust: will let all the exhaust gases(air) out of the engine faster

Pulley: will underdrive the crank pulley which will make the pulley smaller. it also lightens the pulley weight decreasing the strain on the motor

short shifter: will make you shift shorter on 6MT

springs/coilovers/aspec suspsension: will lower the car (amount dependent on the springs) and will increase spring rate. this will make for less body roll and a stiffer ride.

swaybar: will reduce body roll

Hope this helps!
Old 12-22-2005, 01:10 PM
Pro

Yes! Helped a lot. Am I going to do any of these? Probably not, at least not by myself, but at least it is good to know what can be done.
Old 12-22-2005, 02:01 PM
tTLiang

Originally Posted by khiyal
Yes! Helped a lot. Am I going to do any of these? Probably not, at least not by myself, but at least it is good to know what can be done.
keep in mind, not that you would definitely care, a lot of these stuff might void warranty depends on how anal ur dealer might be.
Old 12-23-2005, 08:03 AM
Advanced

My mods are in the signature.
Anything that really adds power is only my short ram. Otherwise it's all looks-based
Old 12-23-2005, 08:05 AM
Advanced

Shit, my signature didn't come up. Well anyways, there are the mods

2005 Anthracite 6-speed:
- OEM kit
- OEM lip spoiler
- WeaponR Short Ram
- Spray tinted taillights
- Illuminated door sills
- Blue LED interior/door lights
- painted eyelids