Meth Tank

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2009, 11:51 PM
runnin a little boost

Received 256 Likes on 208 Posts
Meth Tank

I am ironing out the last few details before I order my Meth injection kit. I need a tank to hold it and was thinking of using my windshield washer tank if it is large enough. First does anyone know how much fluid the washer tank holds? The next question is can the washer tank safely hold straight meth?
The washer tank seems like the cleanest way, but I need it to hold enough meth to keep from having to fill it up all the time.
Old 04-01-2009, 12:19 AM
347hp/300tq @ 4psi

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
ill let you know on thursday. thats the day im installing my meith kit

the WW resevoir holds a good amount, at least a gallon for sure. some WW fluid has up to 40% methenol so its definetly capable of holding straight meth with no problems. honestly, i dont see how you can get a tank under the hood, unless you have relocated the battery like i did to the trunk. no way was i going to resort to installing a big ass 5 gallon drum too.

im going with the WW resevoir for sure. i like everything to be hidden as much as possible. were installing the float in it also, so it can warn me when the level is low. im seriously contemplating taking off the SC and installing the nozzle underneath so that too can be hidden and running the pump with all the lines underneath the bumper.

after this, im going back to churches next week and getting a tune on both the greddy ultimate and AEM fi/c. i sold my blue unit and ditched running tandem EMS's, so i will no longer be able to retart the timing using just the ultimate, BUT hopefully with the aid of the meth injection to cool the intake charge and boost the octane count, i can get away without retarding the timing which the usual rule of thumb is -1 per psi of boost (-4 to-5) hopefully all goes well

BTW, may i ask why you are planning on injecting straight meth rather then 50/50?

Last edited by 04accordcpe; 04-01-2009 at 12:24 AM.
Old 04-01-2009, 12:36 AM
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
windshield wash is the best, but make sure you disable the pump.

04acc, your installing it under the throttle body right?
Old 04-01-2009, 12:48 AM
runnin a little boost

Received 256 Likes on 208 Posts
Originally Posted by 04accordcpe
ill let you know on thursday. thats the day im installing my meith kit

the WW resevoir holds a good amount, at least a gallon for sure. some WW fluid has up to 40% methenol so its definetly capable of holding straight meth with no problems. honestly, i dont see how you can get a tank under the hood, unless you have relocated the battery like i did to the trunk. no way was i going to resort to installing a big ass 5 gallon drum too.

im going with the WW resevoir for sure. i like everything to be hidden as much as possible. were installing the float in it also, so it can warn me when the level is low. im seriously contemplating taking off the SC and installing the nozzle underneath so that too can be hidden and running the pump with all the lines underneath the bumper.

after this, im going back to churches next week and getting a tune on both the greddy ultimate and AEM fi/c. i sold my blue unit and ditched running tandem EMS's, so i will no longer be able to retart the timing using just the ultimate, BUT hopefully with the aid of the meth injection to cool the intake charge and boost the octane count, i can get away without retarding the timing which the usual rule of thumb is -1 per psi of boost (-4 to-5) hopefully all goes well

BTW, may i ask why you are planning on injecting straight meth rather then 50/50?
I am looking to get the maximum effect with the least amount injected. I plan on running the HBP and will be using the meth to add fuel to the system. It seems easier than all it takes to run larger injectors for the extra fuel.
I am going to inject the meth into the elbow, because pulling the blower and drilling that other piece seems like a pain.
As far as looks I think using the WW tank will look the cleanest. Now if your intent is to conceal it from the police ,once they open your hood meth injection will be the least of your problems.
Old 04-01-2009, 01:29 AM
347hp/300tq @ 4psi

Originally Posted by greco9885
windshield wash is the best, but make sure you disable the pump.

04acc, your installing it under the throttle body right?
actually the 50/50 boost cooler from snow performance can be used to clean your windshield too, but i NEVER use it anyways. the 4+ years ive owned my car i can remember using it one time.

and no not under the TB. the last thing you want to do is run the meth through the charger. im installing it beneath the outlet of the SC itself. i believe it will get much better distribution to all the cylinders this way, rather than installing it on the elbow itself PLUS the map sensor and my boost gauge silinoid is already on the elbow. i didnt want things to look cluttered up.

Originally Posted by Hi speed
am looking to get the maximum effect with the least amount injected. I plan on running the HBP and will be using the meth to add fuel to the system. It seems easier than all it takes to run larger injectors for the extra fuel.
I am going to inject the meth into the elbow, because pulling the blower and drilling that other piece seems like a pain.
As far as looks I think using the WW tank will look the cleanest. Now if your intent is to conceal it from the police ,once they open your hood meth injection will be the least of your problems.
if i were you, i would hold off on installing the hbp, until you install some bigger injectors and address the fuel system before hand. dont rely on the meth alone to achieve this. to be completey honest, you wont reap the full benefits of meth injection anyways without some sort of management of your a/f and timing. i would just run the meth injection and use the 50/50 formula. straight meth for the TL would be overkill IMO. its not like were running 30psi of boost.

the other guy with the SC accord running the same dual emanages ran into a fuel delivery problem trying to tune the car with the hbp at churches. they had to stop the tune when it was starving for gas, even with the rdx 440cc injectors in there. he ended up installing a walbro 255 fuel pump with a 1:1 FPR iirc. ill get the 411 on his setup on thursday. cheiu (formerly c&c auto) is the one that does all the work on my car and his. he's the one that installed his meth kit too. the guys a freaking genius and can do anything with a car. us socal guys are very fortunate to have a great mechanic like him around.

the guy installed a 2jz in a 97 mercedez 300 and most recently a g35. not alot of people can say they did that.
Old 04-03-2009, 07:02 PM
Drifting

actually the 50/50 boost cooler from snow performance can be used to clean your windshield too, but i NEVER use it anyways. the 4+ years ive owned my car i can remember using it one time.

and no not under the TB. the last thing you want to do is run the meth through the charger. im installing it beneath the outlet of the SC itself. i believe it will get much better distribution to all the cylinders this way, rather than installing it on the elbow itself PLUS the map sensor and my boost gauge silinoid is already on the elbow. i didnt want things to look cluttered up.
i know, but the intake goes to the s/c then to the tb, right?

btw my friend is running 99% meth(on high boost only) on his twin turbo c6. more expensive but whatever, it isnt going to damage anything.
Old 04-03-2009, 07:48 PM
wut.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

if i were you, i would hold off on installing the hbp, until you install some bigger injectors and address the fuel system before hand. dont rely on the meth alone to achieve this. to be completey honest, you wont reap the full benefits of meth injection anyways without some sort of management of your a/f and timing. i would just run the meth injection and use the 50/50 formula. straight meth for the TL would be overkill IMO. its not like were running 30psi of boost.

the other guy with the SC accord running the same dual emanages ran into a fuel delivery problem trying to tune the car with the hbp at churches. they had to stop the tune when it was starving for gas, even with the rdx 440cc injectors in there. he ended up installing a walbro 255 fuel pump with a 1:1 FPR iirc. ill get the 411 on his setup on thursday. cheiu (formerly c&c auto) is the one that does all the work on my car and his. he's the one that installed his meth kit too. the guys a freaking genius and can do anything with a car. us socal guys are very fortunate to have a great mechanic like him around.

the guy installed a 2jz in a 97 mercedez 300 and most recently a g35. not alot of people can say they did that.
Hey sean (shawn?), Let me know how that works out.. I need to install my meth kit too. And doesn't Comptech provide the 255 pump? (Unless you meant that Peter didn't install it before)
Old 04-03-2009, 09:58 PM
horny =

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
good luck...

as soon as I get time I am having mine installed. Big jumps in what snow now make for our cars.
Old 04-03-2009, 10:01 PM
horny =

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Hi speed
I am looking to get the maximum effect with the least amount injected. I plan on running the HBP and will be using the meth to add fuel to the system. It seems easier than all it takes to run larger injectors for the extra fuel.
have you moved your battery to the back? might open some extra room?

From what I have heard if it is before the sc you tear up the sc blades.
Old 04-03-2009, 11:14 PM
Team Owner

Received 1,812 Likes on 1,283 Posts
I always fill my WW reservoir with distilled water in gallon containers so I know it takes exactly a gallon. One gallon of meth will last a long time.
Old 04-03-2009, 11:29 PM
Team Owner

I agree with getting the fuel system out of the way first.

Meth is a good way to add a little fuel up top. You retain the stock parameters for normal driving so you don't have to worry about drivability, then you have a squirt of methanol up top under boost for additional fuel.

I understand your point about not being able to take full advantage without being able to add timing and control the AF. But that would be like saying you can't take full advantage of the supercharger until you're running maximum boost. There is still a huge improvement without management. Besides, with our 11.0:1 engines running stock timing with the HBP, you probably don't want to add more timing even with meth.

However, there are bigger power gains to be had with straight meth, for it's cooling effects alone. Water doesn't cool the charge as well. Straight meth is overkill when talking about detonation suppression only, I'm just pointing out it's other benefits for the non-intercooled TL. You have to realize that discharge temps on our roots blower with the HBP will be close to or possibly higher than an intercooled turbo car at twice the boost.
Old 04-04-2009, 01:05 AM
347hp/300tq @ 4psi

Originally Posted by I hate cars
I agree with getting the fuel system out of the way first.

Meth is a good way to add a little fuel up top. You retain the stock parameters for normal driving so you don't have to worry about drivability, then you have a squirt of methanol up top under boost for additional fuel.

I understand your point about not being able to take full advantage without being able to add timing and control the AF. But that would be like saying you can't take full advantage of the supercharger until you're running maximum boost. There is still a huge improvement without management. Besides, with our 11.0:1 engines running stock timing with the HBP, you probably don't want to add more timing even with meth.

However, there are bigger power gains to be had with straight meth, for it's cooling effects alone. Water doesn't cool the charge as well. Straight meth is overkill when talking about detonation suppression only, I'm just pointing out it's other benefits for the non-intercooled TL. You have to realize that discharge temps on our roots blower with the HBP will be close to or possibly higher than an intercooled turbo car at twice the boost.
good points

i installed mine last night and all went well. heres a pic i took of the pump location and plumbed the line and sensor into the stock WW resevoir.

i installed the nozzle and vacuum line directly under the supercharger outlet, so it is nicely consealed and very low key. i also changed the supercharger oil since we removed it and changed the sparkplugs. gave it a compression test and it read a solid 210psi in all 6 cylinders.

i have the starting spray at 2 psi and full spray at 4psi. NOW, my a/f went from a steady 11:7-8 to 10:1-2 at WOT from vtec to redline. definetly feeling the power loss from the rich condition, but im getting it tuned next week sometime. this is why im telling folks it would be better to look into some sort of engine management BEFORE going with the meth injection first.
Old 04-04-2009, 12:26 PM
Team Owner

Can you turn down the spray or is it all the way down already? I'm not as familiar with the Snow kits but the ones I use you can turn it down to where it's barely a trickle.
Old 04-04-2009, 10:08 PM
347hp/300tq @ 4psi

Can you turn down the spray or is it all the way down already? I'm not as familiar with the Snow kits but the ones I use you can turn it down to where it's barely a trickle.
its actually set to spray lightly. there is a start psi dial and full psi dial. what we did to test it was hook up a boost gauge to the vacuum line that goes to the controller and set the start psi to 2lbs of boost. it doesnt even have a chance to go into full spray, since the 2nd stage lowest boost setting is 7lbs of boost. i might mess around with the nozzles. they gave me 3 of them, low is 150hp-250hp, 2 is 250hp to 400hp and the 3rd is for 400hp+

i might play around with the nozzle sizes and install the smaller one and experiment a little.
Old 04-05-2009, 01:47 AM
Team Owner

Are you running straight meth?

The best way I've found is to start small and slowly ramp your way up until you start losing power.
Old 04-05-2009, 09:14 PM
boost 3G

what are the advantages to having a meth kit?? getting my blower put on next weekend and i dont know if i should get a meth kit also or not....and how hard is the install or is it something i should get done by a performance shop?
TIA!
Old 04-06-2009, 12:49 AM
I (don't) whine.

Is overspraying an issue?

I really like your setup sean.
Old 04-06-2009, 01:12 AM
347hp/300tq @ 4psi

Are you running straight meth?

The best way I've found is to start small and slowly ramp your way up until you start losing power.
running the 50/50 for now, but i might experiment with straight meth.

i might mess around with the nozzle size when i get a tune too.
Old 04-06-2009, 02:38 AM
Team Owner

running the 50/50 for now, but i might experiment with straight meth.

i might mess around with the nozzle size when i get a tune too.
I would try straight meth before you adjust nozzle size. It's much harder to lose power from overinjecting meth vs a mix.
Old 04-06-2009, 05:20 AM
J30 360whp/310wtq @ 7PSI

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

^^^ ya thats me... between, how come you didnt tell me you gonna install methanol kit!!!?? by the way, i believe you need to upgrade your fuel pump because i was running lean on my j30... and since you have j32... you deff. need a bigger fuel pump...
Old 04-06-2009, 05:24 AM
J30 360whp/310wtq @ 7PSI

Originally Posted by CG2PROJECT
Hey sean (shawn?), Let me know how that works out.. I need to install my meth kit too. And doesn't Comptech provide the 255 pump? (Unless you meant that Peter didn't install it before)
Comptech did not provide the pump. they just provide a tool that you can make the oem fuel pump pump a bit more gas
Old 04-06-2009, 05:26 AM
J30 360whp/310wtq @ 7PSI

I always fill my WW reservoir with distilled water in gallon containers so I know it takes exactly a gallon. One gallon of meth will last a long time.
not true... its all depend on how you drive... you have to know the meth will start spraying everytime you start boosting.
Old 04-06-2009, 05:28 AM
J30 360whp/310wtq @ 7PSI

Originally Posted by nicepeta
^^^ ya thats me... between, how come you didnt tell me you gonna install methanol kit!!!?? by the way, i believe you need to upgrade your fuel pump because i was running lean on my j30... and since you have j32... you deff. need a bigger fuel pump...
^^^maybe you dont have to... cuz i forget you dont have HBP on YET
Old 04-06-2009, 08:41 AM
Team Owner

Originally Posted by nicepeta
not true... its all depend on how you drive... you have to know the meth will start spraying everytime you start boosting.
No shit. The reservior IS a gallon. If you drive like a sane person, the reservior will last a long time. Are you just looking for a disagreement?
Old 04-06-2009, 04:19 PM
J30 360whp/310wtq @ 7PSI

^^^ i have a 4 gallon meth tank in my trunk
you can ask Sean cuz he saw it in person...
its really depend on person cuz if you always boosting while driving, your meth will go out fast...
my avg is 2 gallaon a month...
3+ when me and my ex broke up...
Old 04-06-2009, 05:55 PM
Team Owner

I believe you. You must drive that thing hard because I'm running a huge shot of meth on my GN and when I daily drove it, a gallon lasted a month with the exception of a really good weekend.
Old 04-06-2009, 09:41 PM
Advanced

Meth stage 2 A/F ratio

Ive noticed with my stage 2 snow install along with the HBP and UEGo wideband, In Low gear and from take off it's seems to run around 12 to 12.5 which is good but as I get going or so on the express way it starts running a little rich top end

I have it adjusted to start spraying at around 4 or 5 psi and the second dial to spray wide 100% at 15 psi, I did this to avoid having to order smaller jet I know it doesnt get much more than 8 PSI just dont want to run to rich by flooding it. I added about 1/6 of distilled water to my boost juice gallon to try to get my mixture just right since I was running a tad rich but still get good cooling effect.

I have heard mixed feeling on HBP with the J32, some say it's sorta bulletproof some say no no with the high compression? I can say the HBP and Meth install together was significant not major but Im happy with the power much more responsive, my co-worker weights 300# and he hit his head twice on the visor, Ill say enough tourque to move the extra weight with ease hows that for TL on a diet!!

Ive been watching the A/F gauge and it doesnt go over 12.5 so maybe my motor will last I sure hope, now the tranny if you have a auto, I talked to a guy who knows one of tranny designers for honda and he says a external tranny cooler is a must if you want it to last.

So thats my wrap Im selling my universal NOS kit on ebay right now tried the black market never heard anything, I plan to take the money and buy upgraded tranny kit from ipt performance out of NJ it's like 500$ vs Level 10's which is a $1000
Old 04-06-2009, 09:58 PM
Team Owner

Originally Posted by fosterschoice
Ive noticed with my stage 2 snow install along with the HBP and UEGo wideband, In Low gear and from take off it's seems to run around 12 to 12.5 which is good but as I get going or so on the express way it starts running a little rich top end

I have it adjusted to start spraying at around 4 or 5 psi and the second dial to spray wide 100% at 15 psi, I did this to avoid having to order smaller jet I know it doesnt get much more than 8 PSI just dont want to run to rich by flooding it. I added about 1/6 of distilled water to my boost juice gallon to try to get my mixture just right since I was running a tad rich but still get good cooling effect.

I have heard mixed feeling on HBP with the J32, some say it's sorta bulletproof some say no no with the high compression? I can say the HBP and Meth install together was significant not major but Im happy with the power much more responsive, my co-worker weights 300# and he hit his head twice on the visor, Ill say enough tourque to move the extra weight with ease hows that for TL on a diet!!

Ive been watching the A/F gauge and it doesnt go over 12.5 so maybe my motor will last I sure hope, now the tranny if you have a auto, I talked to a guy who knows one of tranny designers for honda and he says a external tranny cooler is a must if you want it to last.

So thats my wrap Im selling my universal NOS kit on ebay right now tried the black market never heard anything, I plan to take the money and buy upgraded tranny kit from ipt performance out of NJ it's like 500$ vs Level 10's which is a $1000
You need more tuning.

If it's already running rich, water is the last thing you want to add. Are you running straight meth?

When it's tuned properly and not drowning the engine you will feel a signifigant increase in power. Like I've said before, you have to start out small and increase the injection in small increments. None of this starting in the middle and not knowing which way to go. Don't pay attention to the AF for now. Meth has a lower stoich than gasoline.
Old 04-16-2009, 05:58 PM
347hp/300tq @ 4psi

well my meth setup is officially done. i had to relocate and make a custom bracket for the pump. it was hitting the foglight backing forcing me to drive around without it for over a week.

bracket was made out of SS so it wont rust.

before,

after,

and here is the SS bracket we fabbed up,

i just left it as is, since you cant see it anyways.
Old 04-16-2009, 06:05 PM
OMGWTF4THGENTL

Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts
I was planning my meth pump install last week as well...

Kinda disappointing to do what I can to shed weight, only to add this 12lb beast to have a proper A/F mixture with already HEAVY f'ing supercharger...
Old 04-16-2009, 06:47 PM
347hp/300tq @ 4psi

kennedy, if your worried about weight distribution, you mght consider installing the 2 gallon tank and pump in the trunk along with the battery too

what ever you decide, just remember the pump has to be as close to the tank as possible.
Old 04-19-2009, 11:11 AM
2009 g37s 6mt

time to get this meth install done...
Old 04-19-2009, 12:42 PM
Team Owner

kennedy, if your worried about weight distribution, you mght consider installing the 2 gallon tank and pump in the trunk along with the battery too

what ever you decide, just remember the pump has to be as close to the tank as possible.
Just out of curiosity, does the snow kit come with a purge button?
Old 04-19-2009, 01:05 PM
347hp/300tq @ 4psi

Just out of curiosity, does the snow kit come with a purge button?
not really sure. i have the aem injection kit, not the snow performance