I would hesitate before ordering from XLR8...My story

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2012, 10:46 PM
Cruisin'

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Exclamation I would hesitate before ordering from XLR8...My story

Hello Acuraziners...I do not post much on here and many do not know me. This is my part of the story from when I ordered XLR8 Motor Mounts from HeelToe.

Early May - Order XLR8 Motor Mounts from HeelToe

5/06/12 - Receive box in an awful condition....taped up like it was torn apart from the get go. I send a ticket to HeelToe stating I only have 1/2 off the parts I need. I received 1 Mount and 2 Brackets. Missing 2 mounts and 1 bracket.

Emails from myself and Heel Toe go back in forth because Marcus (HeelToe) is being told by XLR8 that I am lying and there is no way that the box was 1/2 of a complete set.

Me being irritated call directly to XLR8, I get same BS response saying that I am lying about my package and I will need to spend $150 to get back the other 3 parts missing. WTF right? SO I spend the whole month of May and June talking to Marcus about what I can do.

Marcus being the FANFUCKINGTASTIC guy he is decides to just buy the mounts himself from XLR8 and give me the parts that I am missing. I personally drove to Marcus (HeelToe) to receive the parts and talk about exactly what happened.

It is now July 1 2012 and I finally get to install my motor mounts....I must say they are great mounts but XLR8 as a company and customer service can suck my left nut.

So this part is for you XLR8...if you have a problem with my feedback please come to San Diego and meet me in person...I work 17+ hour days on a US Naval Ship and to say I am a dishonest person lying about your shitty company is a laugh to say the least. Maybe you should worry about the customers who keep you in business instead of automatically accusing them of lying.

If anyone would like pictures of the Box and mounts that I received I am more than happy to post them on here.
The following 2 users liked this post by USN-Berm:
jungy4 (07-02-2012), Matt W (07-02-2012)
Old 07-02-2012, 12:20 AM
Pro

Received 93 Likes on 56 Posts
Originally Posted by USN-Berm
Hello Acuraziners...I do not post much on here and many do not know me. This is my part of the story from when I ordered XLR8 Motor Mounts from HeelToe.

Early May - Order XLR8 Motor Mounts from HeelToe

5/06/12 - Receive box in an awful condition....taped up like it was torn apart from the get go. I send a ticket to HeelToe stating I only have 1/2 off the parts I need. I received 1 Mount and 2 Brackets. Missing 2 mounts and 1 bracket.

Emails from myself and Heel Toe go back in forth because Marcus (HeelToe) is being told by XLR8 that I am lying and there is no way that the box was 1/2 of a complete set.

Me being irritated call directly to XLR8, I get same BS response saying that I am lying about my package and I will need to spend $150 to get back the other 3 parts missing. WTF right? SO I spend the whole month of May and June talking to Marcus about what I can do.

Marcus being the FANFUCKINGTASTIC guy he is decides to just buy the mounts himself from XLR8 and give me the parts that I am missing. I personally drove to Marcus (HeelToe) to receive the parts and talk about exactly what happened.

It is now July 1 2012 and I finally get to install my motor mounts....I must say they are great mounts but XLR8 as a company and customer service can suck my left nut.

So this part is for you XLR8...if you have a problem with my feedback please come to San Diego and meet me in person...I work 17+ hour days on a US Naval Ship and to say I am a dishonest person lying about your shitty company is a laugh to say the least. Maybe you should worry about the customers who keep you in business instead of automatically accusing them of lying.

If anyone would like pictures of the Box and mounts that I received I am more than happy to post them on here.
Thanks for posting, will be sure to use my best discretion if I ever order from them!
Old 07-02-2012, 12:32 AM
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Sounds like XLR8 could use a few lessons in customer service. Based on your story it sounds like your package was most likely damaged in transit by the shipper. The package was probably poorly packed by XLR8 and broke as a result. The folks at XLR8 could have filed a claim with the shipper and then send you the missing parts. It's not rocket science!!! I won't be doing business with them! Thanks for the heads up!
Old 07-02-2012, 01:49 AM
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
There goes any future business I may even think about.
Old 07-02-2012, 02:39 AM
Chapter Leader (San Antonio)

Received 435 Likes on 320 Posts
Way to many variables for me to say whether who was at fault.

I'll just wait till Josh responds.

I have never heard of anyone complaining about XLR8 or Josh.

I did find the part that if he has a problem amusing that he should maybe go meet you in SD cause you're a big bad boy in the Navy. Sorry, but if there letting people like you with that much arrogance into the Navy, we have problems. Granted, you're frustrated, but come on now.
Old 07-02-2012, 06:21 AM
HE>i

Received 253 Likes on 221 Posts
The following users liked this post:
jsonkimz (07-02-2012)
Old 07-02-2012, 08:08 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 182 Likes on 140 Posts
You'll get more response if you post pictures, people want pictures. Ohh and for people to be on yourside, we know you're angry/mad/frustrated, but keeping it cool and paience would make more people on your side.
Old 07-02-2012, 08:46 AM
Chapter Leader (NY/NJ)

Received 187 Likes on 147 Posts
sounds like he needs a smoke break... Josh has always had a good reputable name on here. This isnt going to change my mind on anything... ITs bad the OP went thru this and i can clearly understand why but Marcus and Josh should've handled it without you since you bought it from Marcus.
Sonnick (07-02-2012)
Old 07-02-2012, 09:40 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 571 Likes on 304 Posts
Tough call from where we all sit here on the forums.

I will relay my experience with XLR8 as it is recent and regards the same products. The only difference is I didn't order through HeelToe - I went directly to XLR8's website.

I will say I have ordered 2 sets of mounts from XLR8 directly and my buddy who also has a TL has recently ordered mounts + ETD directly from them as well.

I ordered one set of mounts in 2011 in late July for my '05 TL - due to complications it took like 6 weeks to get my mounts but that wasn't XLR8's fault. I got the mounts, had some communication with Josh on the install which was helpful.

Then I got a second set ordered a week or so ago for my type-s which arrived quickly and I just finished installing this weekend. Also have the ETD still to install, but all parts arrived quickly - my buddy ordered the same combo package directly from XLR8 and had quick turnaround as well. He ordered his maybe 5 weeks ago now.

The boxes have always been a bit beat up when I have received them. Given that we're talking about motor mounts, I would be surprised to ever see any actual damage to the product upon arrival.

Josh may be a bit short-winded in his responses with customers but I've never seen any real problem with the overall customer service.
Old 07-02-2012, 09:57 AM
All motor

Received 532 Likes on 395 Posts
I've ordered my UR pulley directly from XLR8 and I think it arrived within seconds after I clicked to place my order. The turnaround time was fantastic and the pricing very good. I'll wait until Josh responds as well.
Old 07-02-2012, 10:05 AM
Drifting

Received 853 Likes on 606 Posts
Yeah, this may be one of those "he said she said" type of deals. There's always two sides to the story. This is probably a simple case of shipper damage and neglect. I'm betting UPS . Regardless, it's almost always a good idea to resolve issues with customers when they arise since one bad customer experience can affect multiple possible sales from lost reputation (like this thread).

It sounds like your experience is pretty cut and dried though. Ordered parts. Package arrived damaged and incomplete. Call vendor. Less than equatable response. End of story.

Again, probably two sides to this story but since there's no reason to lie about one of your mounts missing, I'm tempted to believe you.
Old 07-02-2012, 10:28 AM
flappy paddles

Received 140 Likes on 103 Posts
It doesn't matter what kind of reputation a company has, if there's one bad experience it can ruin the brand for a person.
Old 07-02-2012, 01:55 PM
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by TheChamp531
Way to many variables for me to say whether who was at fault.

I'll just wait till Josh responds.

I have never heard of anyone complaining about XLR8 or Josh.

I did find the part that if he has a problem amusing that he should maybe go meet you in SD cause you're a big bad boy in the Navy. Sorry, but if there letting people like you with that much arrogance into the Navy, we have problems. Granted, you're frustrated, but come on now.
Letting people like me? Sorry that I have a backbone civilian. Who the fuck are you to come into a thread to sneak in personal attacks against me when I was trying to give XLR8 a perspective on the person they are calling a liar not some petty threat that your dumass assumed. I will be able to post the pictures Tuesday night to those that want to see them. I would like to see the "other" side of the story as well because these days the customers are the enemies.
Old 07-02-2012, 02:50 PM

Letting people like me? Sorry that I have a backbone civilian. Who the fuck are you to come into a thread to sneak in personal attacks against me when I was trying to give XLR8 a perspective on the person they are calling a liar not some petty threat that your dumass assumed. I will be able to post the pictures Tuesday night to those that want to see them. I would like to see the "other" side of the story as well because these days the customers are the enemies.
Huh? That is a personal attack? Da fack.

All I said is that you sounded very arrogant/ignorant when you said he should meet you to 'determine' what kind of a person you are. That's a personal attack? Psst.

Maybe they did send everything, but something happened during shipping? That is why I said they're too many variables to determine who is right or who is wrong. All I know is XLR8 has had few, it not any, problems here on AZ.
Old 07-02-2012, 04:59 PM
UA6
Safety Car

Received 700 Likes on 438 Posts
Old 07-02-2012, 05:34 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 624 Likes on 478 Posts
Well, this is interesting. I guess every good deed goes unpunished.

Customer ordered our XLR8 motor mounts through Heeltoe. We shipped them out to the customer. The customer receives them on 5/1 and signs for the package. On 5/9 he sends an email to Heeltoe that there are parts missing. So 8 days after signing for the package he says parts are missing. And the package left here weighing 16 lbs and what he received would have weighed 6 lbs. So, obviously, something is awry. And I've pasted my conversation below with Marcus:

First convo:

Marcus, this package was delivered 8 days ago. And the package weighed 16 lbs. If it were missing 2 mounts it would have weighed 6 lbs.

https://wwwapps.ups.com/etracking/tr...4R100353515760

I'm a little confused as to how it could be missing these other mounts. Did the package look like it had been opened?

Second convo:

I'm honestly not sure where to go from here. I've checked other packages here to make sure there were no missing parts and there weren't. We also weigh the boxes before we ship them and this box was 16 lbs, which it should be. So either, the customer has misplaced the mounts or the box was opened by UPS at some point in transit. But, unfortunately, it's 9 days later from the delivery. So this is going to be difficult to prove.

__________________________________________________ __________

Nowhere did I say the customer was lying. I worked with Marcus to resolve the issue. And I could have issued a claim with UPS but the customer waited too long to report the issue. The package left here complete so what happened between the time it left and the time the customer reported the issue is difficult to say. In the end, I proposed everyone could share some of the burden: Excelerate, Heeltoe and the customer. The customer and Heeltoe were only liable for $100 between the two of them. I shipped out new parts, with new brackets, with new hardware and ate the second shipping cost. The mounts sell for $125 each and according to the customer 2 mounts were missing and 1 bracket. So that's $250 worth of parts and I paid for $150 of it plus $25 to ship the parts out. I'm not sure where the customer service was lacking.
EvilVirus (07-03-2012)
Old 07-02-2012, 05:52 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 930 Likes on 612 Posts
So what bearing does your being in the Navy have to do with this situation? The answer is none. We can all empathize with you here, but it'll help your cause immensely if you come down off your high horse and stop acting like this guy...

Old 07-02-2012, 06:28 PM
Instructor

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

Where is your military bearing shipmate?

Last edited by connork53; 07-02-2012 at 06:33 PM.
Old 07-02-2012, 06:39 PM
Former Sponsor

Firstly, I wanted to say directly to you that I helped out Marcus to help resolve the issue for you. I also spent a fair amount of time discussing this problem with him to help you.

Secondly, if you'd like to talk in person come to Branford, CT. We'd be happy to discuss it with you. But that being said, we never said you lied. We're sorry for the inconvenience but considering the circumstances I think we tried our best to help you. Even though you have unfairly attacked us here I'd be willing to offer you a discount, like I already did for Marcus to help you, on a future order to compensate for the issue.
EvilVirus (07-03-2012)
Old 07-02-2012, 07:01 PM
Chapter Leader (NY/NJ)

Originally Posted by connork53
Where is your military bearing shipmate?

I left mine at PSD while I was issued my DD214.
Old 07-02-2012, 07:22 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 509 Likes on 323 Posts
Well gee, I guess I owe it to the customer and to Excelerate on this one to say my side, as I was kinda in the middle.

I got the order, shot off PO to Excelerate, he shipped fast and hassle free as usual.

I got an email from the customer stating parts were missing. This email did come a number of days after the shipment arrived and there was a good reason. The mechanic installing the parts noticed the missing items. The customer admitted to not being totally aware of what was supposed to be included. One way or another, it was enough time to start a claim, because I believe you have 15 days. We never got to that point though based on the fact we were trying to determine what went wrong.

I was discussing a lot with the customer how and why this might have happened. Being that the package was delivered and signed for, we could hide behind that and say that the customer was being dishonest. NEITHER JOSH NOR I TRIED TO INDICATE THIS NOTION. Of course, by default, one could hear "what you are saying can't be true" and interpret that as "you have got to be lying." And you could not blame them I guess. I cannot speak to conversations between the customer and Excelerate directly.

Even though I had a bit of a problem with the situation, I consider myself a little more of the mind that there really was no reason for the customer to lie. People just don't do it, at least not to us. This is part of the reason we like people on AZ. But I digress.

At the end of the day it was a stalemate. Josh and I agreed together that the only reasonable resolution was going to be splitting the cost 3 ways. The customer paid $50, and I am paying $50, and Josh is eating the other $50.

In order to make sure we had all the right parts when Chris drove up, I ordered a complete new kit and he took parts that were needed. Done deal. Excelerate is going to sell me the parts needed to complete the kit, and I will have a kit in stock.

I will say the box was pretty messed up when I got it and did alert Josh about it, but didn't seem like he thought there was an issue. Josh, I promise, these boxes are too flimsy. They need to be better. We can blame UPS, but they will always blame the box, and they are right. The packing can ALWAYS be better.

All I can say now is, the customer isn't always right and honest, and regrettably as business owners we are much more susceptible to dishonesty and fraud than customers are, despite popular believe to the contrary. At the end of the day though, the customer deserves the benefit of the doubt in most all cases.
EvilVirus (07-03-2012)
Old 07-02-2012, 07:32 PM

So the customer got what he wanted and he comes here to complain prematurely? :/
Old 07-02-2012, 07:38 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by InFaMouSLink

I'll be getting mine soon enough. Rate and rank?
Old 07-02-2012, 07:57 PM
AZ Community Team

Received 7,771 Likes on 4,342 Posts
https://acurazine.com/forums/groups/military-acuraziners-23/

Some of you need to chill just a bit. It's bound to be a controversial topic - calling out a long-time vendor, but that doesn't give anyone free reign for 'yelling' and name calling. What's that going to solve?
EvilVirus (07-03-2012)
Old 07-02-2012, 08:50 PM
Team SSM

Received 36 Likes on 31 Posts
^ I totally agree...at the end of the day....Sh*t happens and we just have to work through it instead of raging.

MrHeelToe....couldn't you just have put in a claim for the time being? I know it takes a while for the claim to resolve...but at least there's a chance to get back that $150....and in the meantime...just split it 3 ways...and then credit $50 back to everyone once the claim settles? Just my thought after reading this whole thread.
Old 07-02-2012, 09:10 PM
Chapter Leader (NY/NJ)

Originally Posted by Bearcat94

Man thats an old group. i forgot i was already on it lol.

Either way. got out in 2008 after 4. EM2. Was on board USS NASHVILLE LPD13 now decom'ed Norfolk,VA.
Old 07-02-2012, 09:32 PM
Safety Car

Received 619 Likes on 459 Posts
most likely its the carrier fault. 2 weeks ago I shipped 2 retrofitted headlights strapped together to a customer. When he got it he only got 1 out of the 2 boxes. 1 week later they found the parts some where and saved my ass 500 bucks.

FYI UPS/FEDEX/USPS doesn't check weight once its leaves the initial site. So if you ship a box with a larger dimension and heavier weight, but your customer get a package half the size. You better make sure the customer complain right there and then, and not just sign it off no question asked.
Old 07-02-2012, 10:32 PM
Drifting

Received 853 Likes on 606 Posts

Like I said, two sides to the story. Three in this case. Lesson: Check your packages when you receive them for completeness. Brining up the problem to the seller a week later isn't very kosher. It's understandable that it happened but I agree that everyone should have shared in the cost. Which sounds like exactly what happened. I'd be more than happy with that outcome if this happened to me.
Old 07-02-2012, 10:44 PM
Instructor

Man thats an old group. i forgot i was already on it lol.

Either way. got out in 2008 after 4. EM2. Was on board USS NASHVILLE LPD13 now decom'ed Norfolk,VA.
You weren't a Nuke EM obvisouly seeing how a LPD isn't nuclear powered.

how'd ya like the marines?
Old 07-02-2012, 10:46 PM
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by Excelerate
Firstly, I wanted to say directly to you that I helped out Marcus to help resolve the issue for you. I also spent a fair amount of time discussing this problem with him to help you.

Secondly, if you'd like to talk in person come to Branford, CT. We'd be happy to discuss it with you. But that being said, we never said you lied. We're sorry for the inconvenience but considering the circumstances I think we tried our best to help you. Even though you have unfairly attacked us here I'd be willing to offer you a discount, like I already did for Marcus to help you, on a future order to compensate for the issue.
Thats very untrue... When I personally called I was told there was no way that you could have not put in every part of the mounts and that I was not telling the truth. You also did say you were trying to work with Marcus...how long did that take? 2 Months? So if I was 8 days "late" sorry I was in the middle of the pacific doing Sea Trials during that time how come you didn't want to have a reason why it took you 2 months to figure out how to screw both myself and HeelToe in more money for you? The reason why I posted this thread is because of the bullshit you tried to put me through for some simple items. I have bought multiple times from you directly and heeltoe and to get this kind of treatment is absurd. I am fully aware that shipping is a big problem with parts...I see it every day when we order parts for my ship but you automatically didn't take any fault and blamed it on my side. Thats what bothers me the most. I lost my bearing in WestPac by the way connork
Old 07-02-2012, 11:10 PM
Instructor

I lost my bearing in WestPac by the way connork
No fucking excuse
Old 07-03-2012, 07:59 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 182 Likes on 140 Posts
I've ordered from XLR8 when I had my 8th civic and I have to say that this is a rare one. I would be more open-minded and guys should be more patience and forgiving. We all know that customers want their products but in this case, I think you probably came out attacking them in as if it was their fault without calming down to say it was UPS's fault or the signer's fault for not checking the box. Your tone, your words, your actions kind of speaks for itself on here, forgive and let that bother you have go. People make mistakes, we're only human.
Mods can close this thread up if they feel they heard all sides of the story and it's all solved, or let the rampage go on.
Old 07-03-2012, 09:51 AM
UA6
Safety Car

Received 700 Likes on 438 Posts
The awkward moment when Excelerate enters the thread.
The following 2 users liked this post by UA6:
InFaMouSLink (07-03-2012), The Machine (07-04-2012)
Old 07-03-2012, 10:09 AM
Former Sponsor

Thats very untrue... When I personally called I was told there was no way that you could have not put in every part of the mounts and that I was not telling the truth. You also did say you were trying to work with Marcus...how long did that take? 2 Months? So if I was 8 days "late" sorry I was in the middle of the pacific doing Sea Trials during that time how come you didn't want to have a reason why it took you 2 months to figure out how to screw both myself and HeelToe in more money for you? The reason why I posted this thread is because of the bullshit you tried to put me through for some simple items. I have bought multiple times from you directly and heeltoe and to get this kind of treatment is absurd. I am fully aware that shipping is a big problem with parts...I see it every day when we order parts for my ship but you automatically didn't take any fault and blamed it on my side. Thats what bothers me the most. I lost my bearing in WestPac by the way connork
I'm not going to fight with you. I've written directly to you and commented on the specifics of the issue.

UPS very well could have damaged the parts but waiting over a week to tell us doesn't go over well with UPS. We could have pursued that route had we been notified immediately, or even at least a couple days later. If the box were really that damaged and you signed for it why wouldn't you check the contents?

And we did not say you lied; from what I remember the phone conversation we had was very civil. I responded immediately to all emails from Heeltoe and I resolved the issue as soon as Heeltoe called me to resolve it. There was no delay on our part.

And I put money out of pocket to help you even though we weren't at fault; we assumed liability even though it was obvious that there was negligence otherwise.

And I apologized below for the inconvenience but considering the circumstances I think we tried our best to help you.

And even though you have unfairly attacked us here I offered you a discount, like I already did for Marcus to help you, on a future order to compensate for the issue.

I'm not really sure what else there is to do for you.
Old 07-03-2012, 10:12 AM
BANNED

Received 2,885 Likes on 1,784 Posts