Hondata setting

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2015, 10:27 PM
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hondata setting

Hey guys, installed hondata on my 5AT type s. Ive got intake resonator delete with k&n panel filter, rv6 v3 jpipe, and mid muffler delete. I selected the stock setting map, first option of the choices.

Am i right here or should i see an expert about fine tuning? Im installing magnaflow resonator in a couple of the days and I wonder if that qualifies as cat back, in conjunction with the jpipe and mid muffler delete.

I browsed the forum first as usual for answers but no luck. I still got a lot to learn so Thanks for any info

Last edited by gunner50; 12-17-2015 at 10:36 PM.
Old 12-17-2015, 10:37 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 356 Likes on 239 Posts
Originally Posted by gunner50
Hey guys, installed hondata on my 5AT type s. Ive got intake resonator delete with k&n panel filter, rv6 v3 jpipe, and mid muffler delete. I selected the stock setting map, first option of the choices.

Am i right here or should i see an expert about fine tuning? Im installing magnaflow resonator in a couple of the days and I wonder if that qualifies as cat back.

I browsed the forum first as usual for answers but no luck. Thanks for any info
Are you done with mods for a while? If so get an Etune from Vitviper. You bought a hondata flashpro lol and your asking if you should tune it? Cmon man!
The following users liked this post:
anx1300c (12-18-2015)
Old 12-17-2015, 10:54 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by 6spd-GERCO
Are you done with mods for a while? If so get an Etune from Vitviper. You bought a hondata flashpro lol and your asking if you should tune it? Cmon man!
Yea, I suck at understanding some of the basic aspects. Ill be buying AEM intake and hfpc in the next couple of months. So a custom tune at that time ? Im gonna go read and come back ready in the spring!
Old 12-17-2015, 11:04 PM
Safety Car

Received 1,158 Likes on 909 Posts
There's a guy Dom in the forum that tunes for a fair price. If You read any of the hondata threads you'll see his posts. Very nice guy and he knows his stuff!! You need a tune. The base maps are too general, you're going to love a tune!
gunner50 (12-17-2015)
Old 12-17-2015, 11:09 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by gunner50
Yea, I suck at understanding some of the basic aspects. Ill be buying AEM intake and hfpc in the next couple of months. So a custom tune at that time ? Im gonna go read and come back ready in the spring!
Ah I was just giving you a hard time everyone starts some where and getting a flashpro was a great choice. Yes, I would wait until you get the HFPC and AEM intake to tune. Those two mods will require a retune if you tune and then add them after. I have a Vitviper tune on my TL and I was very pleased with his services.

See if you can get in touch with DomGSR-T on here or Vit Viper at FlashPro Tunes for Honda and Acura | VitTuned Flashpro, KPro & S300 Tuning.
gunner50 (12-17-2015)
Old 12-19-2015, 07:34 AM
Safety Car

Received 619 Likes on 459 Posts
I also 2nd Dom. his legit and gets the map back fast. Vits was taking a while to get the map back.
gunner50 (12-20-2015)
Old 12-20-2015, 06:39 PM
Safety Car

Received 435 Likes on 328 Posts
3rd Dom, he's excellent.
gunner50 (12-21-2015)
Old 12-21-2015, 11:06 PM
I M Noob

Received 32 Likes on 13 Posts
So dom will put a map together and email it to the buyer?? How much??
Old 12-22-2015, 05:48 PM
Racer

Received 122 Likes on 75 Posts
Originally Posted by SiClone
So dom will put a map together and email it to the buyer?? How much??
I need a log first then a new map is created based on the log and it goes back and forth that way until the car is fully tuned and it's only 100$ for ''lifetime'' support. even with new mods I will retune for free...
Jmk21740 (09-14-2021)
Old 12-22-2015, 10:12 PM
J-series addict

Received 614 Likes on 464 Posts
My opinion is that you should've spent the $600 you spent on FlashPro elsewhere because the mods you've done are borderline on the ECM's ability to "self tune". Even if your mods have crossed the ECM's threshold on this, gains would be just enough to really piss you off and would undoubtedly be some of the most expensive horsepower a road car has ever seen. In all honestly, if the only other mod you're considering beyond what you currently have is the intake, sell your FlashPro. FlashPro is most beneficial for those who have (at least) exhaust and intake mods to full extent. The only other purpose that would justify its price/usefulness would be ironing out any sort of drivability concerns or issues that may have been caused from mods. A good example would be if one installed a TL AWD 3.7 throttle body onto their TL-S 3.5 and are now experiencing engine jerkiness at slight pedal movements due to increased flow at less throttle angle from the larger throttle blade and needs TPS/APP correlation adjustments to counter the problem.

If you are seriously stopping at the intake, sell FlashPro and invest the cash elsewhere. Preferably somewhere that will yield appreciable results.
gunner50 (12-22-2015)
Old 12-22-2015, 10:23 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by yungone501
My opinion is that you should've spent the $600 you spent on FlashPro elsewhere because the mods you've done are borderline on the ECM's ability to "self tune". Even if your mods have crossed the ECM's threshold on this, gains would be just enough to really piss you off and would undoubtedly be some of the most expensive horsepower a road car has ever seen. In all honestly, if the only other mod you're considering beyond what you currently have is the intake, sell your FlashPro. FlashPro is most beneficial for those who have (at least) exhaust and intake mods to full extent. The only other purpose that would justify its price/usefulness would be ironing out any sort of drivability concerns or issues that may have been caused from mods. A good example would be if one installed a TL AWD 3.7 throttle body onto their TL-S 3.5 and are now experiencing engine jerkiness at slight pedal movements due to increased flow at less throttle angle from the larger throttle blade and needs TPS/APP correlation adjustments to counter the problem.

If you are seriously stopping at the intake, sell FlashPro and invest the cash elsewhere. Preferably somewhere that will yield appreciable results.
Appreciate the advice, I honestly bought the flashpro as a sign of commitment to my TL. I was getting ready to trade it in and get something with a manual trans, but something told me to keep it. I will get hpfcs, cat back, and look into the bigger intake manifold. Something about this car says go all the way, bolt ons that is. Hell, hopefully a manual trans is something not too far fetched to accomplish.
Old 12-22-2015, 11:04 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by yungone501

Even on 100% stock engine, the flashpro will save engines, if tune correctly just by getting rid of the massive knock counts on stock ecu... but as far as hp gains, you are right about the value of this investment
anx1300c (12-23-2015)
Old 12-23-2015, 09:07 PM
Safety Car

Received 619 Likes on 459 Posts
just get the flashpro. its worth it. It will give u room to expand. I thought I was going to stay n/a and now I just bought a turbo kit. lol It does increase the drivability of the car.
Old 12-26-2015, 03:47 AM
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The new guy (me)

Originally Posted by 6spd-GERCO
Ah I was just giving you a hard time everyone starts some where and getting a flashpro was a great choice. Yes, I would wait until you get the HFPC and AEM intake to tune. Those two mods will require a retune if you tune and then add them after. I have a Vitviper tune on my TL and I was very pleased with his services.

See if you can get in touch with DomGSR-T on here or Vit Viper at FlashPro Tunes for Honda and Acura | VitTuned Flashpro, KPro & S300 Tuning.
Please inform me of these terms. Hondata?bit viper? Flashpoint tunes?
Old 12-27-2015, 11:51 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Rreyes096
Please inform me of these terms. Hondata?bit viper? Flashpoint tunes?
Hondata - Google it and then look for FlashPro for the TL or click here -> https://www.hondata.com/flashpro

Vit Viper - is an E tuner that provides E-tunes with the use of Hondata Flashpro and the internet. or click on the link below
FlashPro Tunes for Honda and Acura | VitTuned Flashpro, KPro & S300 Tuning

"Flashpro Tunes"- Are custom calibrations for your TL based on your modifications.
Old 04-06-2022, 07:53 PM
10th Gear

You still tune?

Originally Posted by DomGSR-T
Even on 100% stock engine, the flashpro will save engines, if tune correctly just by getting rid of the massive knock counts on stock ecu... but as far as hp gains, you are right about the value of this investment
hwy Dom you still do tunes I can’t message you yet but I’m interested?!
Old 04-07-2022, 01:15 AM
Safety Car

Received 1,158 Likes on 909 Posts
Originally Posted by Vinnymk6
hwy Dom you still do tunes I can’t message you yet but I’m interested?!
send me a message about dom please
Old 04-26-2022, 09:43 AM
6th Gear

Originally Posted by sockr1
send me a message about dom please
Is Dom still tuning? I tried to send you a message but it wouldn’t let me probably because I have a new account.
Old 04-26-2022, 10:20 AM
6th Gear

Looking for tuning info as well!
Old 04-27-2022, 09:30 AM
10th Gear

Tuning

Originally Posted by DomGSR-T
hey @DomGSR-T I saw your message but I can’t reply or DM you I think because my account is fairly new is there a better way to contact you!!!!
Old 04-27-2022, 11:37 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by Vinnymk6
hey @DomGSR-T I saw your message but I can’t reply or DM you I think because my account is fairly new is there a better way to contact you!!!!
we got through finally