Help on deciding!!!???

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2009, 12:33 PM
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question Help on deciding!!!???

hey guys!.... i installed my jpipe and test pipe 2 nights ago and i love them. Thanks richie! i can tell it added a little power to the car. I need some help on deciding a couple of things............
1. What cold air from experience is the best? I always lean towards Injen! but then there is AEM, fujita, K&N, and so on......
2. Right now i have jpipe, test pipe, no mid muffler or resonator, and 2 flowmaster 40 series mufflers. I just tried it one day and it actually sounds good! real deep aggressive tone! i get positive comments on it all the time. but the thing is im thinking about getting the greddy catback, mostly bc its greddy and bc of appearance. do you all think thats dumb to go ahead and waste $800 if it already sounds good?
Thanks ahead of time for any input!
Old 10-19-2009, 12:40 PM
Under construction

Received 96 Likes on 68 Posts
Dude you got any videos?? I want that setup but not sure if there is rasp...

If it sounds good then just keep it for now, eventually you'll want to get the exhaust though. I've heard the greddy in person and it's beastly!!!
Old 10-19-2009, 12:59 PM
1st TL-S on air in

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by jdubub
hey guys!.... i installed my jpipe and test pipe 2 nights ago and i love them. Thanks richie! i can tell it added a little power to the car. I need some help on deciding a couple of things............
1. What cold air from experience is the best? I always lean towards Injen! but then there is AEM, fujita, K&N, and so on......
2. Right now i have jpipe, test pipe, no mid muffler or resonator, and 2 flowmaster 40 series mufflers. I just tried it one day and it actually sounds good! real deep aggressive tone! i get positive comments on it all the time. but the thing is im thinking about getting the greddy catback, mostly bc its greddy and bc of appearance. do you all think thats dumb to go ahead and waste $800 if it already sounds good?
Thanks ahead of time for any input!
To answer your questions i think the cold air is all preference, i dont think one is better than the other unless you go with a AEM V2. But i do have a AEM and it works great so far. I had to have it replaced free of charge because the support bracket broke but they have redesigned the support bracket and now it works great. Also for the exhaust i wouldnt waste $800 unless the exhaust you have now it to loud. I think custom is the way to go and it was way cheaper. Good Luck.
Old 10-19-2009, 01:13 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by alexSU
Dude you got any videos?? I want that setup but not sure if there is rasp...

If it sounds good then just keep it for now, eventually you'll want to get the exhaust though. I've heard the greddy in person and it's beastly!!!
No but i can take some and see what kind of quality i can get. if it is good enough from iphone ill post but its not raspy at all. it was bc i had the mid muff and the resonator off with stock rear mufflers. it was horribly raspy. once i put the flows on its not there. i had a real deep aggressive tone. if i decide in the next month to go with greddy i will be selling my 2 40 series flows both for $100. they still look brand new
Old 10-19-2009, 01:20 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by wrxyboy
To answer your questions i think the cold air is all preference, i dont think one is better than the other unless you go with a AEM V2. But i do have a AEM and it works great so far. I had to have it replaced free of charge because the support bracket broke but they have redesigned the support bracket and now it works great. Also for the exhaust i wouldnt waste $800 unless the exhaust you have now it to loud. I think custom is the way to go and it was way cheaper. Good Luck.
What is the deal with the AEM V2? why is that a difference?
Old 10-19-2009, 02:08 PM
Under construction

Received 96 Likes on 68 Posts
Originally Posted by jdubub
No but i can take some and see what kind of quality i can get. if it is good enough from iphone ill post but its not raspy at all. it was bc i had the mid muff and the resonator off with stock rear mufflers. it was horribly raspy. once i put the flows on its not there. i had a real deep aggressive tone. if i decide in the next month to go with greddy i will be selling my 2 40 series flows both for $100. they still look brand new

Yeah, an iPhone video is ok. I'm keeping my stock mufflers so I'll still get the rasp
Old 10-19-2009, 02:08 PM
Chapter Leader (San Antonio)

Received 433 Likes on 319 Posts
All intakes are created equal. Even if one wasn't you'll only have .0000001% of a difference. Any CAIs are good.
Old 10-19-2009, 04:48 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts
yes, someone please start another CAI thread