Gauge mounting

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2009 | 09:42 AM
Safety Car

Gauge mounting

I searched but only saw a couple of examples of where people are mounting their gauges if running boost.

I know the common place for gauges is the pillar but could anyone with alternate mounting please post up pictures here so I can get an idea what it looks like.
Old 11-10-2009 | 12:43 PM
practicing nihilist

there was a waaaayyy back thread where someone mounted a 3 gauge cluster in the HFL center dash speaker. Looked sweet, but you lose that speaker.
Old 11-10-2009 | 02:15 PM
runnin a little boost

Originally Posted by KN_TL
I searched but only saw a couple of examples of where people are mounting their gauges if running boost.

I know the common place for gauges is the pillar but could anyone with alternate mounting please post up pictures here so I can get an idea what it looks like.
On the streering collum is a very popular spot since it is close to the other gauges and the collum cover is cheap and easy to replace. I have a bunch of pics I can send you. PM me your email
Old 11-10-2009 | 04:26 PM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by Hi speed
On the streering collum is a very popular spot since it is close to the other gauges and the collum cover is cheap and easy to replace. I have a bunch of pics I can send you. PM me your email
Thanks again. I like the Apexi's and how well they match the 04-06 instruments, but they don't make a wideband o2 gauge in that line.

I think I might just go with mounting the two gauges on the column.
Old 11-10-2009 | 06:38 PM
runnin a little boost

Thanks again. I like the Apexi's and how well they match the 04-06 instruments, but they don't make a wideband o2 gauge in that line.

I think I might just go with mounting the two gauges on the column.
You are welcome, I am using a blue digital boost gauge from autometer and an innovative blue digital AFR gauge. I love how that CF two gauge pod looks but I use my navi and don't want to cover that speaker. Another bonus to the collum placement is it can't be seen from behind.
Old 11-10-2009 | 10:29 PM
Former Sponsor

One person put them in the top left and right open section of the guage pod. I think it was slippry. Really nice. Will take alot of work I might add.
Old 11-11-2009 | 01:24 AM
18psi

what gauges are you planning to buy for the turbo? im still undecided
Old 11-11-2009 | 01:45 AM
Former Sponsor

boost and air/fuel
Old 11-11-2009 | 05:04 AM
Burning Brakes

^ It might be kinda pricey but I'm gonna really look into the HKS CAMP thing, so I can pump those gauges through the GPS LCD screen. But we'll see.
Old 11-11-2009 | 06:28 AM
Safety Car

I think I'm going with an AEM Tru Boost and UEGO Wideband O2 to go along with the F/IC.

Once my finances recover, I had started working on swapping my navi screen with a std vga display and will run some kind of pc based datalogger or something. Haven't decided yet.
Old 11-11-2009 | 07:59 AM
Burning Brakes

I still gotta get my battery relocated too! haha.. which side should I put it on? Rear Passenger side? kinda off topic... sorry.
Old 11-11-2009 | 08:37 AM
Pro

I have the aux inputs on my Innovate LM-2 setup to read the boost from the output on my AEM water/meth kit. Then the LM-2 is neatly tucked away in the glove box.

I'm not a fan of 'hey, look at me' gauges.
Old 11-11-2009 | 08:40 AM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by bmeyer
I have the aux inputs on my Innovate LM-2 setup to read the boost from the output on my AEM water/meth kit. Then the LM-2 is neatly tucked away in the glove box.

Do you have any realtime gauges or do you just datalog?
Old 11-11-2009 | 08:42 AM
Pro

Everything on the LM-2 is real-time with the option of data logging. I never use it for data logging though. I always use the F/IC for that.

The LM-2 was AWESOME for tuning though. It was able to tell me what the engine timing was doing as well as short/long-term fuel trims.

Take a look at the videos on their site: http://www.innovatemotorsports.com/products/lm2.php
Old 11-11-2009 | 08:57 AM
Safety Car

Everything on the LM-2 is real-time with the option of data logging. I never use it for data logging though. I always use the F/IC for that.

The LM-2 was AWESOME for tuning though. It was able to tell me what the engine timing was doing as well as short/long-term fuel trims.

Take a look at the videos on their site: http://www.innovatemotorsports.com/products/lm2.php
The LM2 kinda looks like a digital multimeter, right? Do you just put it up when you are making changes and not worry about it otherwise?

One thing I am not sure is if A/F ratio is something that should be monitored all of the time or does it stay consistent once the correct value is achieved across the throttle range?
Old 11-11-2009 | 09:07 AM
Pro

Similar to a digital multimeter, I guess. Closer to an OBD-II scan-tool with wideband.

Yes, it's tucked away when I don't need it. If I'm making changes to something like my water/meth injection, then I'll pull it out and watch my IATs in real-time on the display. When I'm done, put it back in the glove box and don't worry about it. I should mention that I have all of the wires for the LM-2 running into the glove box so it's always connected, it's just that I don't always need/want to see it.

For the first few weeks you'll want to keep a pretty close eye on it under various driving conditions. After that, as long as it's where you want it, just forget about it unless the car feels strange.

Though once the temperature changes you'll want to keep an eye on it. Now that cooler air has moved in, I found my car leaning out a little from where it was tuned at. With the F/IC it was a really simple change. Just highlight the whole fuel table and bump it up a few %. I'll watch it for maybe a week or so and then forget about it until conditions change again.
Old 11-11-2009 | 10:09 AM
Safety Car

Similar to a digital multimeter, I guess. Closer to an OBD-II scan-tool with wideband.

Yes, it's tucked away when I don't need it. If I'm making changes to something like my water/meth injection, then I'll pull it out and watch my IATs in real-time on the display. When I'm done, put it back in the glove box and don't worry about it. I should mention that I have all of the wires for the LM-2 running into the glove box so it's always connected, it's just that I don't always need/want to see it.

For the first few weeks you'll want to keep a pretty close eye on it under various driving conditions. After that, as long as it's where you want it, just forget about it unless the car feels strange.

Though once the temperature changes you'll want to keep an eye on it. Now that cooler air has moved in, I found my car leaning out a little from where it was tuned at. With the F/IC it was a really simple change. Just highlight the whole fuel table and bump it up a few %. I'll watch it for maybe a week or so and then forget about it until conditions change again.
Thanks! That was exactly what I wanted to know. But you haven't made my choices any easier!
Old 11-11-2009 | 03:32 PM
347hp/300tq @ 4psi

me neither, thats why i have ALL my gauges in my cubby i can hide them anytime i want. never really looked at the interior of a TL, but dont you guys have a cubby like the 7th gen accords?

open

closed

night shot
Old 11-11-2009 | 03:38 PM
Pro

We've got 2 separate ones in the same place as yours, but the height of the opening is small. Real small. I don't know if a standard size round gauge will fit in them?
Old 11-12-2009 | 08:37 AM
practicing nihilist

would have been happier with the Accord cubby. I can barely fit my fat hands in the little letter box slots we got and I've always liked american style big-ass storage boxes.