Exhaust and Tires

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2011, 12:03 PM
10th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Exhaust and Tires

I know there has probably been a thread about this already but i been looking for it and cant find it but I have a 3G TL 6spd with a AEM V2 CAI and did the easy exhaust mod by cutting off the resonator and mid muffler....I am now looking for a legit Exhaust but idk what setup to go with...I want something Powerful and sounds Really good with NO RICER sound, a Nice Deep Sound that is a lil louder then a G35....and also bought a set of Aspec rims but dont know what good performance Summer tires to get, BFGoodrich Gforce KDWII, Dunlop Z1 Star Specs or somthign else?
Old 05-19-2011, 12:15 PM
BANNED

Received 2,885 Likes on 1,784 Posts
base TL? get an atlp or xlr8 exhaust. or have a local exhaust shop fab one up for you with your own wants/needs/looks.

tires? what do you want? all season/summer?

falken452's and dunlop direzzas dz101's are good summers. continental dws are good all seasons.
Old 05-20-2011, 01:28 AM
10th Gear

what about the RV6?
Old 05-20-2011, 01:49 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,999 Likes on 1,420 Posts
Originally Posted by Acura08
I know there has probably been a thread about this already but i been looking for it and cant find it but I have a 3G TL 6spd with a AEM V2 CAI and did the easy exhaust mod by cutting off the resonator and mid muffler....I am now looking for a legit Exhaust but idk what setup to go with...I want something Powerful and sounds Really good with NO RICER sound, a Nice Deep Sound that is a lil louder then a G35....and also bought a set of Aspec rims but dont know what good performance Summer tires to get, BFGoodrich Gforce KDWII, Dunlop Z1 Star Specs or somthign else?
ATLP if you want something a bit louder that sounds nice without drone. XLR8 is a great exhaust too, be sure to get the resonated version so you don't have drone. Stay away from the Greddy one as it drones and rasps a good amount.

With the A-Specs you should get at least 235/40/18, 245/40/18 is a bit better as it'll provide a little more protection for the edge of the rim.

Where do you live? Do you want to drive in the snow with these tires? Do you live where the temp. drops below 32 degrees?

The top tires according to tirerack for:

Extreme Summer:
Bridgestone Potenza RE-11
Dunlop Direzza Sport Z1 Star Spec
Yokohama ADVAN Neova AD08

Max Summer:
Michelin Pilot Sport PS2 ZP
Continental ExtremeContact DW
Dunlop SP Sport Maxx GT

Ultra High Performance All Season:
Continental ExtremeContact DWS
Michelin Pilot Sport A/S Plus
Bridgestone Potenza RE960AS Pole Position

I've had the Continental DW and they are really good summer tires and am probably going to get another set soon. I've also had the Michelin Pilot Sport A/S Plus and they suck; bad gas mileage, soft sidwalls that bent a rim and also crappy tread life. I have the Bridgestone RE960AS PP on my TL right now and it's my second set. Great MPG, good comfort, and 40K miles out of each set. Only downside is they are becoming a bit expensive now!

Last edited by csmeance; 05-20-2011 at 01:57 AM.
Old 05-20-2011, 07:27 AM
Cruisin'

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
RV6 makes a great exhaust also. Check it out heres a link
http://rv6-performance.com/index.php...mart&Itemid=82
Old 05-20-2011, 11:12 AM
10th Gear

@csmeance im going to strictly use the Aspec rims for the Summer so im going to go with all summer tires. one of my friends has the Dunlops sport Z1 star spec's and he likes them a lot and my other friend has BFgoodrich Gforce KDWII's and he likes them a lot too so im like stuck in the middle
@Black07TLS What exhaust do you have?
Old 05-20-2011, 03:24 PM
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by csmeance
ATLP if you want something a bit louder that sounds nice without drone. XLR8 is a great exhaust too, be sure to get the resonated version so you don't have drone. Stay away from the Greddy one as it drones and rasps a good amount.

With the A-Specs you should get at least 235/40/18, 245/40/18 is a bit better as it'll provide a little more protection for the edge of the rim.

Where do you live? Do you want to drive in the snow with these tires? Do you live where the temp. drops below 32 degrees?

The top tires according to tirerack for:

Extreme Summer:
Bridgestone Potenza RE-11
Dunlop Direzza Sport Z1 Star Spec
Yokohama ADVAN Neova AD08

Max Summer:
Michelin Pilot Sport PS2 ZP
Continental ExtremeContact DW
Dunlop SP Sport Maxx GT

Ultra High Performance All Season:
Continental ExtremeContact DWS
Michelin Pilot Sport A/S Plus
Bridgestone Potenza RE960AS Pole Position

I've had the Continental DW and they are really good summer tires and am probably going to get another set soon. I've also had the Michelin Pilot Sport A/S Plus and they suck; bad gas mileage, soft sidwalls that bent a rim and also crappy tread life. I have the Bridgestone RE960AS PP on my TL right now and it's my second set. Great MPG, good comfort, and 40K miles out of each set. Only downside is they are becoming a bit expensive now!
i currently have re-11's and F-n love them!
Old 05-20-2011, 04:02 PM

Received 5,906 Likes on 2,908 Posts
Regarding tires - I highly recommend Bridgestone RE760 Sports (245/40/18). I have these right now and really like them.
Old 05-20-2011, 04:13 PM
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by csmeance
i didnt even see this part.

you are 100% wrong.

ANY exhaust will have rasp without cats and without a resonator, even the ATLP/XLR8.

ATLP/XLR8/GReddy have almost IDENTICAL mid sections. greddy is LOUDER because the greddy MUFFLERS are basically resonators.

please dont spread misinformation.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U6wpdFccyvQ&feature=fvst

i dont hear rasp, do you?

Last edited by greco9885; 05-20-2011 at 04:16 PM.