Dyno results

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2009, 05:36 PM
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by princelybug
^
I hope you do reach 300whp?

I'd be very happy for you, in all honesty. But all you've done is be defensive throughout this whole thread, which leads EVERYONE to think you're being less than truthful.

Here's my dyno sheet from the Dynojet at MD Automotive (formerly Jackson Racing). Mark DiBella is a well known and respected wrench turner in the tuner world. Mods: AEM CAI, ATLP exhaust prototype.

Your dyno numbers are believable based on the mods you've done. Way to post good SAE corrected numbers.
Old 10-21-2009, 05:42 PM
LIST/RAMEN/WING MAHSTA 짱

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Originally Posted by wasupdog
you guys are just feeding the troll. i hate to say it, but based on his idiotic grammar you can tell he's from the tri-state area.
Ted!
Old 10-21-2009, 05:44 PM
LIST/RAMEN/WING MAHSTA 짱

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Originally Posted by Dave_W
Your dyno numbers are believable based on the mods you've done. Way to post good SAE corrected numbers.
Old 10-21-2009, 05:52 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 594 Likes on 457 Posts
Actually its kinda fun to come in here and get entertained by each one of his new posts which is more absurd and less intelligent than the previous one, if thats even possible! Each time I come back he digs a deeper hole. I will be back soon for more comedy before this thing gets locked
Old 10-21-2009, 08:34 PM
J36Twingt28r's,nextgt30r

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
this thread is kinda entertaining . however in all seriousness man we will forgive ur ignorance if u just take ur car to a mustang dyno!! not all dynos are the same. im not here to argue with u cause its pointless, just wanna get at the truth. stop being close minded and dyno at more than one place to get a accurate number.
Old 10-21-2009, 08:52 PM
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I too am enjoying the above.....a story for you guys...

I had my 06 6MT STOCK tested on a dynojet.
Probably not the best conditions, but I was a noob (still am) it was 85F at the shop. Anyway, did a few pulls, between 207-214HP/187-195TQ SAE.

For the last pull, the guy opened up the stock intake pointing at the big ass fan in front of the hood...
235HP/214TQ SAE
UNCORRECTED - 244HP/221TQ (reminder - NO MODS)

Since, I have put in a AEM V2, P2R throttle BS & gaskets and the UR underdrive pulley (still a long way to go, really want j-pipe/race pipe ASAP next, but had to get brakes last week - props to Josh @ Excelerate for the UR crank pulley and Stoptech D&S Rotors install... I digress)

Getting a dyno in the next few weeks, hoping I can get into the 230's, I mean 260...sorry, want to throw some more on the fire...it's too much fun!

My point...(and everyone else's) you can make your UNCORRECTED dyno pretty much whatever you want. Under the right conditions and some black magic I probably could have got over 250HP that day with no mods...and 280 with them now...therefore I acquiesce to anyone with UNCORRECTED #'s as that's what they are, UNCORRECTED - NOT CORRECT

K, back to rolling up pennies for the next mod!!!

(if you were unable to walk into the wall, aka stumble upon the wAll [read as WELL] hidden sarcasm... there is no help for you)

Old 10-21-2009, 09:15 PM
AZ Community Team

Received 7,770 Likes on 4,341 Posts
WOW!!

I wasted FAR too much of my life reading this thread. Talk about going to hell in handbasket.

So, here's my take:

1. Knock of the name calling/personal attacks. FAR, FAR too many from well established members. Bans are not far off it this continues.

2. If you don't have something useful to post, then STFU. Seriously, no more :ibtl: and smiley posts.

3. OP, listen to the advice you're getting. These guys know BS when they see it. Your Dyno numbers are wrong. At best they are uncorrected. At worst they are artificially inflated for whatever reason. I'm going to say that again: Your dyno numbers are wrong and at the very least need to be corrected. Post up when you re-run the dyno.

4. Quit bashing each other and the cars we all drive.
Old 10-21-2009, 09:58 PM
6-SPEED LOVER

Received 122 Likes on 90 Posts
woah!! all i gotta say!
Old 10-21-2009, 10:14 PM
AZ Community Team

Originally Posted by Bearcat94

2. If you don't have something useful to post, then STFU. Seriously, no more :ibtl: and smiley posts.

Originally Posted by ABP_04TL
woah!! all i gotta say!

What part of the above did you not understand?

Next one gets 3 days.

Last edited by Bearcat94; 10-21-2009 at 11:50 PM.
Old 10-22-2009, 01:56 AM
Drifting

OP pm me when u go to e-town. id like to compare ur 287whp TL vs mine

i cant go fridays or weekends since i have work. how about T&T wednesday?
Old 10-22-2009, 08:39 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by greco9885
OP pm me when u go to e-town. id like to compare ur 287whp TL vs mine

i cant go fridays or weekends since i have work. how about T&T wednesday?
yeah we should .......Im throwing my nitto 555r drag radials on today
Old 10-22-2009, 10:56 AM
boost 3G

i said it yesterday and ill say it again....THIS GUY IS A CLOWN!

just dont lock this thread...im enjoying reading this guy make a fool out of himself! just gives me a headache trying to figure out what in the hell he is trying to say cant beleive your 26 haha
Old 10-22-2009, 10:58 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,181 Likes on 1,210 Posts
Originally Posted by trojanman10984

just dont lock this thread...im enjoying reading this guy make a fool out of himself! just gives me a headache trying to figure out what in the hell he is trying to say cant beleive your 26 haha
Reading warnings by mods > you.

See you in 3 days. If it were up to me it would be two weeks but since another mod said 3 days I am sticking to it.
Old 10-22-2009, 11:44 AM
Chapter Leader (San Antonio)

Received 433 Likes on 319 Posts
Originally Posted by trojanman10984

Probably didn't see the mod post, but that's not the mod's fault

Anyways, I'm sorry how it went so far, it shouldn't have. I really "hope" you actually did this, but with all the experience and time so many members have spent with this topic, it doesn't seem likely. Even with a tune for our cars would not gain that much HP. You have to understand when you come into AZ and into the performance section and randomly say that your tune got you over 30WHP without no proof, a incorrect dyno, and without any true knowledge of the matter. You should've done that in the Car Talk section of AZ. I tried that and got fried by like 100 members just because I wanted opinion on choosing my future car (M3, C63 AMG, CTS-V) instead I get asked how are you affording this car, are you spoiled, etc... Anyways good luck! Just wanted to tell you that the 3G forums aren't as "offensive" as this thread. It just seems disrespectful to have a new member to just come on and assume everything is working without true knowledge in the matter and trying to make us as fools, and we're the ones with the true experience with our cars. Once again, I apologize about everything. If you somehow get it to actually work, get me one, and don't overprice me cause of this!
Old 10-22-2009, 12:30 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by TheChamp531
Probably didn't see the mod post, but that's not the mod's fault

Anyways, I'm sorry how it went so far, it shouldn't have. I really "hope" you actually did this, but with all the experience and time so many members have spent with this topic, it doesn't seem likely. Even with a tune for our cars would not gain that much HP. You have to understand when you come into AZ and into the performance section and randomly say that your tune got you over 30WHP without no proof, a incorrect dyno, and without any true knowledge of the matter. You should've done that in the Car Talk section of AZ. I tried that and got fried by like 100 members just because I wanted opinion on choosing my future car (M3, C63 AMG, CTS-V) instead I get asked how are you affording this car, are you spoiled, etc... Anyways good luck! Just wanted to tell you that the 3G forums aren't as "offensive" as this thread. It just seems disrespectful to have a new member to just come on and assume everything is working without true knowledge in the matter and trying to make us as fools, and we're the ones with the true experience with our cars. Once again, I apologize about everything. If you somehow get it to actually work, get me one, and don't overprice me cause of this!
What ur not understanding is that im not assuming i done it... even in a worst case corrected how much different can it make explain me that how much of a difference? i understand if i was just talking without a dyno graph or whatever but i have it and its done ....another thing imone of the only people here that was able to wire the apexi neo the rite way and tune it .....in the other thread there was noway of installing it and making it work and all this and all that but guess what i did it its on i posted the pictures with it and it shows its tuned with no prob so b4 u talk u gatta listen read and all the proof is there in front of ur eyes .....
Old 10-22-2009, 03:47 PM
Safety Car

dude aem doesnt have to make shit.....boomslang makes it for u for 165 or soemthing dollars.... i had it in 2 days....after i didnt like the vafc2 and neo i started hacking it up to make other mods....peace out kiddo.
Old 10-22-2009, 03:51 PM
Banned

hahahahha ur funny never man never lol u must not b wise but yeah ...Get a TL-S and then u come to my level .....and teabaggin? u serious its a Base model for that buy an accord lol have a nice day man ...oh and one more thing remember im making more power with 2 mods then everyone else with like 5 mods lol i love it man it makes my day when u people hate .....
Old 10-22-2009, 03:53 PM
Banned

boomslang does not make it for the FIC buddy
Old 10-22-2009, 04:38 PM
BANNED

Received 35 Likes on 22 Posts
Uhh, actually by request they do, now they still don't get it quite right which is why I make so damn many of them , but they do. All AEM sells is a extension harness that if your tuner had really took the time he could have VERY easily gotten one and done the work on that, again your lack of understanding and knowledge astounds.

And your dyno sheet still is not worth the paper it was printed on, please go get a legitamate dyno done at another shop and if the numbers prove out then this will end all this but for the love of god please stop pissing on my head and telling me it is raining, there are too many people who know better, it is just too bad you are more interested in fighting rather than gathering useful info that could save you heartaches and money.

Oh, and just for your info I am making my third FIC P&P harness for a 08 TL-S right now with VTEC control.
Old 10-22-2009, 05:33 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,000 Likes on 1,421 Posts
Originally Posted by TL-S121
hahahahha ur funny never man never lol u must not b wise but yeah ...Get a TL-S and then u come to my level .....and teabaggin? u serious its a Base model for that buy an accord lol have a nice day man ...oh and one more thing remember im making more power with 2 mods then everyone else with like 5 mods lol i love it man it makes my day when u people hate .....
2005 Only had 2 models, TL 3.2 with Navi or Without Navi. There was no TL-S in 2005. To make fun of having any 04-06 in the sense you did is just the same as making fun of yourself. As well saying that you love it when people "hate" does not help your case against trolling or posting falsified dyno's. I suggest you think before you post, this is your last warning for insulting others. Next one warrants a two week ban.
Old 10-22-2009, 05:34 PM
Got your mom in

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
OP when your next dyno pull?. some of the advise you got in this thread is actually useful. so now you know what questions to ask. i didnt read the whole thread but did you get you a/f ratio? did you get those numbers on your first pull? numbers are real fishy.

ur also taking constructive criticism the wrong way
Old 10-22-2009, 05:36 PM
Chapter Leader (San Antonio)

Received 433 Likes on 319 Posts
The numbers are fishy. If anyone would be kindly enough to meet him at the next dyno pull, I would be so grateful to finally have a ending to this whether it is good or bad.
Old 10-22-2009, 05:54 PM
Got your mom in

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
^what state is he in?
Old 10-22-2009, 06:11 PM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by Silva-type-s
^what state is he in?
I think Newark, NJ
Old 10-22-2009, 06:18 PM
Intermediate

this is my 1st post on acurazine. and i would love to say id LOVEEEE to be at ur next dyno session. im local n would like to see this. i just dynoed my tl-s motor in my civic n put down 238 to the wheels. i have intake,headers,exhaust. im also tuned by one of the greatest tuners in NJ,or imho North east, YOSOLO. Im tuned on a Apexi VAFC2.

heck i can break 250s if i wasnt corrected. then he put on SAE correction and bam no more 250s. let me know man im deffff down to check it out and either vouch for you or let everyone know the info was misleading.

btw- u probably know/know somebody that knows me. i got the RHD eg 4dr with the j in it.

Old 10-22-2009, 06:34 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by franklinhid
this is my 1st post on acurazine. and i would love to say id LOVEEEE to be at ur next dyno session. im local n would like to see this. i just dynoed my tl-s motor in my civic n put down 238 to the wheels. i have intake,headers,exhaust. im also tuned by one of the greatest tuners in NJ,or imho North east, YOSOLO. Im tuned on a Apexi VAFC2.

heck i can break 250s if i wasnt corrected. then he put on SAE correction and bam no more 250s. let me know man im deffff down to check it out and either vouch for you or let everyone know the info was misleading.

btw- u probably know/know somebody that knows me. i got the RHD eg 4dr with the j in it.

Ohhh wass up man i no who u are .... Cunha from CLM Racing tuned my car on monday ... u Know who he is rite ?
Old 10-22-2009, 07:28 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,181 Likes on 1,210 Posts
WOW!!

I wasted FAR too much of my life reading this thread. Talk about going to hell in handbasket.

So, here's my take:

1. Knock of the name calling/personal attacks. FAR, FAR too many from well established members. Bans are not far off it this continues.

3. OP, listen to the advice you're getting. These guys know BS when they see it. Your Dyno numbers are wrong. At best they are uncorrected. At worst they are artificially inflated for whatever reason. I'm going to say that again: Your dyno numbers are wrong and at the very least need to be corrected. Post up when you re-run the dyno.

4. Quit bashing each other and the cars we all drive.
Originally Posted by TL-S121
What part of bearcat94's warning did you not understand noob?

Enjoy your 3 days off.

Last edited by ggesq; 10-22-2009 at 07:44 PM.
Old 10-22-2009, 07:45 PM
I have car ADD

Received 51 Likes on 38 Posts
^ damn... i wanted to add my 2 cents!!!

I dyno'ed 294whp on a TL-S 5AT with

ATLP Exhaust
ATLP J-Pipe
ATLP Hi flow cat
RV6 Pre-Cat Deletes
AEM Cold Air Intake
Ur Ultra SC Crank Pulley
P2R TB Spacer
OE IM Gaskets
Innovative 60A engine mounts

on a cool 60 degree day with low humidity

and even MY numbers were a tad higher than most other people... I used a DynoJet

and for fair comparison... that same dyno, i made 239whp stock... about 50whp loss (consistent with a 5AT)
Old 10-22-2009, 07:59 PM
SOLOCG

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
franklinhid I seen your car with the K in it and right after seen the J in that that thing sick ride. TL-S121 as most said get that car to another shop with a dyno and that will really show what's up. I know there are members in the area that would love drop by to vouch.
Old 10-22-2009, 08:03 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts
Originally Posted by BLACKURA_NY
and for fair comparison... that same dyno, i made 239whp stock... about 50whp loss (consistent with a 5AT)
that sounds about right... and not 260! its what ive been trying to say this entire thread...u couldn't possibly lose only 26 hp through your drivetrain. unless it was made out of carbon fiber, or seafoam
Old 10-22-2009, 10:26 PM
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I like to say I do agree with paul (for the amount of work you have done to the car the numbers don't add up.)

I really dont like dynos. I've been on 3 different dynos with my car

* 278whp on dynojet BrandNEW 3months old
* 254whp on Mustang dyno brand new also
* 282whp on POS dynojet (half the time the front rollers dont work)

as you can see dynos are funny
when I ran a 13.3 all-motor I went to Dragtimes.com HP calculator and put in my stuffin and it said I have 300.77 flywheel HP and with a 15% drivetain loss that brings it to 255.66whp.

the reason the mustang dyno read low is because it puts a LOAD!! on the car. I notice the load on the first pull even the owner of the dyno said " You hear the load that the dyno puts on your car this is the heartbeaker dyno" lol

I call it THE REAL WORLD DYNO!!! as you can see

just my 2 cents
Old 10-22-2009, 11:04 PM
J36Twingt28r's,nextgt30r

^^^ dude i totally love this comment!!! the heartbreaker dyno!! that is too funny, but true.
Old 10-22-2009, 11:08 PM
J36Twingt28r's,nextgt30r

also just wanted to add in there, there is nothing wrong with accords. Our engines are made identically and by the same creator aka honda inc. Would i like a TL? yeah i would but i love my car. just my feeling. peace
Old 10-22-2009, 11:29 PM
AZ Community Team

It's too bad this thread got so trashed and (so far) 3 users banned. I actually have a couple of legitimate questions.

1. There have been a number of posts that say for the MT, Dyno pulls should be in 4th gear. In this thread some say that 3rd gear will show a higher WHP than 4th gear.

But in another thread, there are posts that say 4th gear will give the higher WHP (https://acurazine.com/forums/3g-tl-performance-parts-modifications-112/i-got-dyno-today-now-i-need-help-748124/)

It can't be both, so which is it? Which gear gives the higher WHP on the dyno?

2. From what I've read in these two threads, 4th is the "correct" gear to dyno because it is closest to a 1:1 gear ratio.

On the 6MT's (bases and TL-S), the gear closest to 1:1 is 5th. Why isn't the "correct" gear to dyno 5th gear?

'04 - '08 6MT:
3rd = 1.700 : 1
4th = 1.250 : 1
5th = 0.975 : 1

Last edited by Bearcat94; 10-22-2009 at 11:33 PM.
Old 10-22-2009, 11:32 PM
AZ Community Team

Originally Posted by Opel
that sounds about right... and not 260! its what ive been trying to say this entire thread...u couldn't possibly lose only 26 hp through your drivetrain. unless it was made out of carbon fiber, or seafoam
Blackura at 239 WHP was a 5AT TL-S. You'd think the MT TL-S (on that dyno) would be a bit higher 245 to 250-ish. No?
Old 10-22-2009, 11:37 PM
Senior Moderator

It's too bad this thread got so trashed and (so far) 3 users banned. I actually have a couple of legitimate questions.

1. There have been a number of posts that say for the MT, Dyno pulls should be in 4th gear. In this thread some say that 3rd gear will show a higher WHP than 4th gear.

But in another thread, there are posts that say 4th gear will give the higher WHP (https://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=748124)

2. From what I've read in these two threads, 4th is the "correct" gear to dyno because it is closest to a 1:1 gear ratio.

On the 6MT's (bases and TL-S), the gear closest to 1:1 is 5th. Why isn't the "correct" gear to dyno 5th gear?

'04 - '08 6MT:
I think we can't use 5th gear because we'd hit the speed limiter while dynoing and end up messing up the run.

Blackura at 239 WHP was a 5AT TL-S. You'd think the MT TL-S (on that dyno) would be a bit higher 245 to 250-ish. No?
I think it's a 18% drivetrain loss for AT's and 10% for MT's, so that would mean that the TL-S puts down about 282 Crank (239 x 1.18) meaning the MT TLS puts down about 254 WHP (282 - (282 x .10)) -> (282 - 28.2)
Old 10-22-2009, 11:39 PM
Three Wheelin'

But in another thread, there are posts that say 4th gear will give the higher WHP (https://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=748124)

'04 - '08 6MT:
The numbers are higher on 4th, but it isn't about the higher numbers, its about the closest to accurate numbers. So 4th is closer to 1:1 than 3rd gear is, which is closer to getting an accurate reading.

True 5th is closer to 1:1 than any other gears, but the reason you can't do it on 5th is because you'll hit the rev (155 mph or so) limiter before your tachometer reaches redline, which pretty much means that you can't dyno the entire RPM band
Old 10-22-2009, 11:43 PM
Three Wheelin'

Oh, i thought it was a 6MT....so yes it should be a tad higher if that were the case... but 239 still a bit high for an auto TL-s.

csmeance beat me to your gear questions

Last edited by Opel; 10-22-2009 at 11:45 PM.
Old 10-22-2009, 11:43 PM
I have car ADD

Received 51 Likes on 38 Posts
^ isnt it like the opposite of "Price is Right"

The closest, without going under 1:1 ??

I dyno'ed my 5AT in 4th gear once... and i too, bounced off the rev limiter without maxing out... i made AMAZING tq (264wtq) but the car only pulled like 230whp b/c the rev limiter
Old 10-22-2009, 11:53 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by BLACKURA_NY
^ isnt it like the opposite of "Price is Right"

The closest, without going under 1:1 ??

I dyno'ed my 5AT in 4th gear once... and i too, bounced off the rev limiter without maxing out... i made AMAZING tq (264wtq) but the car only pulled like 230whp b/c the rev limiter
yes, pretty much...just gave a broader explanation...1:1 ratio would mean...at 155 mph, you're on the redline whatever that gear is that's 1:1

it would be sweet if speed governor was removed, and let the speedo climb til 5th gear hits redline...i think it would go to about 165 mph or so...but that way you'd get an even more accurate whp reading

Quick Reply: Dyno results