car crash aem cai insured too?

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2007, 10:58 PM
10th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
car crash aem cai insured too?

Well long story short i got hit on the side, and for sure its not going to be my fault so their insurance will pay for all the damages...

BUT!

I have an 06 TL and the 06 AEM CAI is not street legal yet, even though it will be soon. So can I tell the body shop to reinstall another aem cai? And have the insurance pay for it? Thoughts and any simliar experiences anyone? ANy comments will be appreicated.
Old 01-05-2007, 11:11 PM
Down for a photoshoot?

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
I thought that any aftermarket modification that you made, if you have the receipt for it then the insurance covers it in the case of an accident
Old 01-05-2007, 11:13 PM
10th Gear

once the car is "fixed to new looking again"

...will there be any problems with it hidden?

I feel I will have a hidden lingering feeling that something might be still wrogn with the car, since there WAS an impact... anyway to tell the body shop to try to fix EVERY single small detaiL?
Old 01-06-2007, 03:05 AM
Safety Car

Received 340 Likes on 278 Posts
Originally Posted by 232323
Well long story short i got hit on the side, and for sure its not going to be my fault so their insurance will pay for all the damages...

BUT!

I have an 06 TL and the 06 AEM CAI is not street legal yet, even though it will be soon. So can I tell the body shop to reinstall another aem cai? And have the insurance pay for it? Thoughts and any simliar experiences anyone? ANy comments will be appreicated.

I think it might depend on the body shop. Years ago a body shop worked with me and replaced an HKS Super Power Flow on my Integra. Even gave me back the old one (battery acid ruined the outer part of the filter, but nothing else was wrong with it).
Old 01-07-2007, 02:21 AM
Team Anthracite #100

I have State Farm. They replaced my CAI and chrome grill trim when I had my accident. (see here if interested: https://acurazine.com/forums/showpos...6&postcount=21)
If your insurance is worth a darn, they'll put it back to "pre-accident" condition.
Old 01-07-2007, 12:52 PM
10th Gear

i also have state farm

what are some steps I shoudl do with em?

basically i turned on a green light, and was goin straight (had right of way) and a car out of gas station drove out left trying to be in front of me but instead hit the front passanger side of my car, my wheel is fallen out since the inner thing that connects it to the car broke....

This isn't my fault right
Old 01-07-2007, 01:03 PM
One on the right for me

Received 271 Likes on 173 Posts
Doesn't matter if it is your fault or not - if you are getting your car fixed through an insurance company they have to make you "whole" again (or the car) which includes the intake.
Old 01-07-2007, 01:47 PM
2005 WDP TL

I would also try to get a diminished value check because your car just took a big hit in resale value that wasn't your fault. A wreck that isn't your fault shouldn't cost you three thousand bucks whenever you decide to sell your car.
Old 01-07-2007, 11:40 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by kyle-wdp
I would also try to get a diminished value check because your car just took a big hit in resale value that wasn't your fault. A wreck that isn't your fault shouldn't cost you three thousand bucks whenever you decide to sell your car.
Good luck with that. Diminution of value is not covered on most policies. Think about it, how are you really going to be able to quantify the diminished value of your repaired car until you sell the thing?

Also, if you had a comprehensive claim on your own policy and you don't have an endorsement (PP0318), aftermarket parts are not typically covered.

However, If you're dealing with someone else's ins. co. because of a liability claim then things are different. Ask for the moon and see what you get. I've seen some crazy shit get paid before on liability claims.

Good luck and keep us posted.
Old 01-08-2007, 12:15 AM
CTS-V Import Slayer

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by subinf
Doesn't matter if it is your fault or not - if you are getting your car fixed through an insurance company they have to make you "whole" again (or the car) which includes the intake.
Old 01-08-2007, 11:20 AM
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I've got Allstate and anything in or on the car that can be considered a "permanent part of the vehicle" such as replacement speakers in the stock locations (or a CAI in your case) are covered under comprehensive. Something that would not be covered, for example, would be a subwoofer box that is just lying in the trunk.
Old 01-08-2007, 11:49 AM
'06 750Li Sapphire/Creme

Originally Posted by IN867
Good luck with that. Diminution of value is not covered on most policies. Think about it, how are you really going to be able to quantify the diminished value of your repaired car until you sell the thing?

Also, if you had a comprehensive claim on your own policy and you don't have an endorsement (PP0318), aftermarket parts are not typically covered.

However, If you're dealing with someone else's ins. co. because of a liability claim then things are different. Ask for the moon and see what you get. I've seen some crazy shit get paid before on liability claims.

Good luck and keep us posted.
This guy stated up front that this was on the other drivers insurance so why the "not covered on yours"stuff? Dimished value is TYPICAL for higher end cars. Seems like the general poluation doesn't go after it, but there is little trouble establishing dinished value. Someone else hit him. He deserves to be returned to the condition (and value) PRIOR to the accident. Dinished value is really not that hard to collect when others are at fault.
Old 01-09-2007, 12:05 PM
2005 WDP TL

Originally Posted by ndabunka
This guy stated up front that this was on the other drivers insurance so why the "not covered on yours"stuff? Dimished value is TYPICAL for higher end cars. Seems like the general poluation doesn't go after it, but there is little trouble establishing dinished value. Someone else hit him. He deserves to be returned to the condition (and value) PRIOR to the accident. Dinished value is really not that hard to collect when others are at fault.
I agree 100% if they dont give it pay a lawyer $50 bucks to write the insurance company a nasty letter.
Old 01-10-2007, 12:21 AM
10th Gear

The Big Question!

turns out the guy has insurance but my company policy (my insurance) says that only if the guy has liability will i be covered for anything. This doesnt fuk** make sense. How come people who dont have insurance dont have to pay me? So what is the point of even having insurance. WHy dont I be like this guy and not buy insurance and just get away... cant I get money from him neways EVEN if he has no insurance? This is really unfair and retarded.
Old 01-10-2007, 12:24 AM
10th Gear

insurance is a bogus item

ok question is full coverage genreally a lot more than not full coverage.

also how come when uninsured drivers hit others, they suffer nothing but the victim (me) loses money out of my pocket? all state told me that if the driver who crashed me (he has no insurance btw) does not have money, even if I sue I will be able to get nothing. SHould I take this to small claims court.

Is it just me or does it seem kind of retarded that the person commitiing the "crime" is not doin the "time" Why dont we all not buy insurance and go crash others for fun, makes no sense to me. Yes i do not know anything about insurance so please be patient with me for this is my FIRST big big accident, the whole rear of my car is broken.
Old 01-10-2007, 01:34 AM
One on the right for me

Received 271 Likes on 173 Posts
does your state require insurance? if not, then there is nothing criminal against him

with the civil suit you can get money if he has any, otherwise you are just sitting on a judgment while he puts all his future earnings in the names of anyone else related to him