Cai??

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2010, 11:09 PM
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cai??

wanted too see what CAI Acura TL owners are goin with and which one produces more gains?
Old 05-30-2010, 11:11 PM
LIST/RAMEN/WING MAHSTA 짱

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
AEM is the most popular. They're all the same, gains-wise.
Old 05-30-2010, 11:31 PM
Former Whiner

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I concur.

They are all the same and AEM V2(version2) seems to be most popular on this forum.
Old 05-31-2010, 09:46 PM
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

cant feel Ne difference in power, pick the cheapest one, v2 sounds better than the others i guess but power wise there to similar to differentiate
Old 05-31-2010, 10:33 PM
Fear and Loathing in my

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
All the same. Maybe a difference in sound.

Search first next time. There are prob 1000 of these threads.
Old 05-31-2010, 10:41 PM
Team Owner

Received 6,470 Likes on 5,162 Posts
The AEM V2 seems to be the CAI of choice here. OP, I've GOT to encourage you to do a search before posting a question like this. We have many, many threads about Cold Air Intakes here.

Welcome to Acurazine!

National Acura Meet-June 6th/Kansas City-COMING THIS SUNDAY!!!.
Click here for details and to sign up!

Old 06-01-2010, 12:44 AM
6th Gear

Originally Posted by Steven Bell
The AEM V2 seems to be the CAI of choice here. OP, I've GOT to encourage you to do a search before posting a question like this. We have many, many threads about Cold Air Intakes here.

Welcome to Acurazine!

National Acura Meet-June 6th/Kansas City-COMING THIS SUNDAY!!!.
Click here for details and to sign up!

thanks i looked around only saw aem cai on car was hoping to see the other cai installs compared to aem
Old 06-01-2010, 04:01 AM
Ryan's loving his ATLP TL

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
So wait. If I had the V2. It would sound different? How? How much different is this Version 2? I have the V1 I am pretty sure. It's blue and doesnt say anything of V2. So I assume V1.
Old 06-01-2010, 05:28 AM
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by RJNN TL
So wait. If I had the V2. It would sound different? How? How much different is this Version 2? I have the V1 I am pretty sure. It's blue and doesnt say anything of V2. So I assume V1.
Yes you have the version 1. Version 2 is not worth the money, nor is it even made for the TL, though people seem to be using it on them. Wrap your version 1 intake with some thermo wrap to cut down on the heat soak. Other than going with forced induction or nitrous, thats all thats worth doing to the intake side.
Old 06-01-2010, 12:09 PM
.:dedicated:.

Received 37 Likes on 35 Posts
i have the fujita and they go for pretty cheap used.
Old 06-02-2010, 09:36 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 624 Likes on 478 Posts
The V2 has larger diameter tubing and is a dual chamber design which generally does result in more horsepower over the regular cold air intake:

Dual Chamber Air Intakes
These air intake systems use a patented dual chamber design that maximizes horsepower and torque - typically producing even more power than our own cold air systems.

On a dyno graph, the area under the power band (or power curve) represents the amount of effort that an engine is producing. The larger the overall area under the curve, the more power your engine is making. The system utilizes a dual chamber (using two different diameters and lengths of piping) that creates multiple frequency sound waves to produce a large area under the curve. These sound waves help charge the cylinders with more air and are what enables them to outperform our cold air systems.

We have found that inlet length plays a vital role in the power production of Dual Chamber systems and not all Dual Chamber induction systems relocate the filter outside of the engine compartment. In these cases, we performed extensive temperature testing to locate the filter in the coolest area of the engine compartment to achieve the lowest inlet temperatures possible. Please refer to our temperature testing procedures for more information.

AEM temp testing link:http://www.aemintakes.com/temperature_testing.htm

Whatever intake you choose we have them on sale on the website if interested:

http://store.excelerateperformance.com
Old 06-05-2010, 10:35 AM
6th Gear

Originally Posted by Excelerate
The V2 has larger diameter tubing and is a dual chamber design which generally does result in more horsepower over the regular cold air intake:

Dual Chamber Air Intakes
These air intake systems use a patented dual chamber design that maximizes horsepower and torque - typically producing even more power than our own cold air systems.

On a dyno graph, the area under the power band (or power curve) represents the amount of effort that an engine is producing. The larger the overall area under the curve, the more power your engine is making. The system utilizes a dual chamber (using two different diameters and lengths of piping) that creates multiple frequency sound waves to produce a large area under the curve. These sound waves help charge the cylinders with more air and are what enables them to outperform our cold air systems.

We have found that inlet length plays a vital role in the power production of Dual Chamber systems and not all Dual Chamber induction systems relocate the filter outside of the engine compartment. In these cases, we performed extensive temperature testing to locate the filter in the coolest area of the engine compartment to achieve the lowest inlet temperatures possible. Please refer to our temperature testing procedures for more information.

AEM temp testing link:http://www.aemintakes.com/temperature_testing.htm

Whatever intake you choose we have them on sale on the website if interested:

http://store.excelerateperformance.com
ok cool look forward to adding an intake now