Attention: Anybody that has a UR lightweight pulley!

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2013, 12:13 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 166 Likes on 125 Posts
Hey UR, since you're on here replying to my thread, you should jump on here and reply to the 5 other people having this exact same problem with your product

http://www.drive.accord.net/forums/s...ad.php?t=72842

Just remove the period between drive and accord
Old 03-01-2013, 12:32 AM
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by VanyDotK
So just to clear some things up, hindsight, yes I should have went to UR first before making this thread but I wanted to see if anybody else was having this same problem, which there was.

I was really discouraged to go to UR because if you go through XLR8's responses in this thread it felt like "nope, it's not the pulley, it's your tensioner, belt. we've sold over xxxxxxxxx of these pulleys without any problems" Not once did he suggest sending the pulley back to UR or Excelerate for examination. Earlier in the process I would have been more open to this.

*Edit
Actually yeah he did suggest sending it back, but that was today. A little too late.

Thanks for the candidness, your honesty is welcome and much appreciated!!

We hope this makes everyone realize that it is usually best to go straight to the manufacturer. So at least for UR please speak directly with us with respect to any problems, concerns etc. XLR8 is our partner and they do a great job, this is not meant as any disrespect to them.
Old 03-01-2013, 01:50 AM
Advanced

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by Hacura
Yeah man, hopefully he told you what was going on with it because otherwise that would be straight shady.

Perhaps UR/XLR8 can split the shipping costs with you and get to the bottom of this.
Originally Posted by unorthodox
You are welcome to send us back the pulley for a proper inspection.

RMA# CS6141

AAADEM, LLC
2005 Merrick Road
Suite 110
Merrick, NY 11566
It is what it is.. it'll be like $5 to ship this thing. I'm not too worried about that. I just want to make sure I'm not putting a defective product in my car. I'll ship this thing out tomorrow USPS priority UR and I'll be on stand by after that. We'll see what happens with this whole situation.. If it is in fact a defective product will you guys replace this with one that works correctly?
Old 03-01-2013, 09:04 AM
UA7 6MT

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts
I have been using a UR stock pulley with a Gates belt (both purchased from XLR8) without any issues for a few years now.

Last edited by TmaX; 03-01-2013 at 09:07 AM.
Old 03-01-2013, 09:35 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 624 Likes on 478 Posts
Originally Posted by VanyDotK
So just to clear some things up, hindsight, yes I should have went to UR first before making this thread but I wanted to see if anybody else was having this same problem, which there was.

I was really discouraged to go to UR because if you go through XLR8's responses in this thread it felt like "nope, it's not the pulley, it's your tensioner, belt. we've sold over xxxxxxxxx of these pulleys without any problems" Not once did he suggest sending the pulley back to UR or Excelerate for examination. Earlier in the process I would have been more open to this.

*Edit
Actually yeah he did suggest sending it back, but that was today. A little too late.
We didn't discourage you to go to UR. We simply tried to recommend some items that might need to be replaced based on our experience with this pulley and that vehicle. We have been in business 11 years and we don't just sell parts. We work on cars. We have a number of J32/J35 customers who have the factory pulley who have had bad serp belt tensioners or worn belts that can create a noise.

Also, you never contacted us directly. I'm not telekinetic. You posted on Acurazine about a noise you had. Typically a noise that you described is created by the tensioner or belt. Sorry for recommending that. And next time I'll encourage my customers to remove the pulley and send it into UR first, before trying anything else, so that they're not "discouraged".
Old 03-01-2013, 11:03 AM
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Davidsternmustdie
If it is in fact a defective product will you guys replace this with one that works correctly?
Of course
Old 03-01-2013, 12:24 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 166 Likes on 125 Posts
Originally Posted by Excelerate
We didn't discourage you to go to UR. We simply tried to recommend some items that might need to be replaced based on our experience with this pulley and that vehicle. We have been in business 11 years and we don't just sell parts. We work on cars. We have a number of J32/J35 customers who have the factory pulley who have had bad serp belt tensioners or worn belts that can create a noise.

Also, you never contacted us directly. I'm not telekinetic. You posted on Acurazine about a noise you had. Typically a noise that you described is created by the tensioner or belt. Sorry for recommending that. And next time I'll encourage my customers to remove the pulley and send it into UR first, before trying anything else, so that they're not "discouraged".
Let's be honest, there is a 0.01% chance it's the pulley anyway, right?

That's not the pulley making that noise. Perhaps it's the serp belt tensioner.
We've sold hundreds of these pulleys of the "second batch". There are no issues with the pulleys to date. The pulleys go through a very strict quality control process so that we can avoid any issues.
Originally Posted by unorthodox
We are always open to our part/s being at fault, especially until we've seen the part/s. Unfortunately once we reach that point 99.9% of the time the problem was not on our end. The parts don't lie, they tell a very clear story and we hold fast to the story told by the part/s above all else. Our spotless reputation is not worth the cost of a defective part, so we have no reason to twist the facts. As stated previously we would need to see the part, the video's are only a very small part of the diagnosis process.
I appreciate the fact that you were trying to help when I first made this thread but I think what really started bugging me was the fact you were throwing solutions at me when I already tried them; changing the tensioner, belt, power, checking the torque on the pulley. It felt like you just read the first post then replied with suggestions rather than actually reading the content of the thread.

At this point I'm finished doing this whole back and forth with UR and XLR8, I feel like it's getting this thread off track of the real issue.

I'll post back in the summer months to let everyone know if I get the sound again with the OEM pulley. There are at least 6 other people having this exact same problem, there is a real problem with this pulley, whether or not it's just certain batch, weather conditions, etc. I don't know, but I'm sure this thread will climb the google ranks and now people know what to listen for. Summer is approaching and a lot more people will have their AC on. Let's see if this thread lives or dies.