Attention: Anybody that has a UR lightweight pulley!

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2013, 08:19 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 166 Likes on 125 Posts
So I put my stock pulley back on today and the noise is GONE with the same gatorback belt. I will report back if the noise comes back but I don't think it will. Sucks to put the heavy stock pulley back on but I couldn't stand the noise. My UR pulley will be in the market place once I get a chance to take pictures
Old 02-21-2013, 08:58 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 3,063 Likes on 2,119 Posts
Originally Posted by VanyDotK
I'm pretty sure it has something to do with the pulley, when I first got this noise I took it to Acura and they checked everything out, replaced the tensioner, noise was still there, replaced the belt (OEM) and the noise went away for a few months. After the noise came back I replaced the belt myself with a Goodyear Gatorback belt and the noise went away, but sure enough a few months later it comes back. At this point I'm going to leave the Gatorback which is making noise right now, reinstall my OEM pulley and see what happens for a few weeks, if the noise is gone then it's probably the pulley. I'll report back either way.
Out of curiosity, before you put the oem pulley on, take some belt dressing or wd40 and spray it on the belt with the motor running. Spray it liberally and see if the sound goes away.
NVM, i see you took it off already.
Old 02-21-2013, 10:12 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by fsttyms1
Out of curiosity, before you put the oem pulley on, take some belt dressing or wd40 and spray it on the belt with the motor running. Spray it liberally and see if the sound goes away.
NVM, i see you took it off already.
Someone else that was having this problem tried that and he said the sound would go away for about 500 miles then come back. It's posted somewhere on AZ.

I'm starting to think it has something to do with original UR vs second batch XLR8 UR because it seems that the people not having the noise are the ones with the original UR pulley. We'll just have to wait for more responses to come in to verify this.

Last edited by VanyDotK; 02-21-2013 at 10:21 PM.
Old 02-22-2013, 07:40 AM
Safety Car

Received 619 Likes on 459 Posts
try washing the pulley to remove any oily residue from machining. Noise might be because the belt is slipping and squeaking
Old 02-22-2013, 10:59 AM
Burning Brakes

Alright, I think I have a way we can figure this out but I'll need the help of someone with an original UR Pulley or anyone not having a belt squeaking problem! If you have an original UR pulley that is not installed on your car currently, could you please check your revision number? I've attached a picture of where you can find it

http://imgur.com/m2Gc0mQ
Old 02-25-2013, 04:52 PM
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
1. XLR8 UR pulley stock size (4k miles)
2. OEM belt
3. No noise yet. But I will keep you posted
Old 02-25-2013, 05:12 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 624 Likes on 478 Posts
Someone else that was having this problem tried that and he said the sound would go away for about 500 miles then come back. It's posted somewhere on AZ.

I'm starting to think it has something to do with original UR vs second batch XLR8 UR because it seems that the people not having the noise are the ones with the original UR pulley. We'll just have to wait for more responses to come in to verify this.
We've sold hundreds of these pulleys of the "second batch". There are no issues with the pulleys to date. The pulleys go through a very strict quality control process so that we can avoid any issues.

Email me a video of the noise you're referring to. I'll send it to UR to see if they have any input though.
Old 02-25-2013, 05:59 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Excelerate
We've sold hundreds of these pulleys of the "second batch". There are no issues with the pulleys to date. The pulleys go through a very strict quality control process so that we can avoid any issues.

Email me a video of the noise you're referring to. I'll send it to UR to see if they have any input though.
I appreciate your response, but I've been messaging people that have the XLR8 pulley installed and it seems a lot of them have the same sounds I was getting. After installing my stock pulley I am getting zero sound. The only people that seem not to have the sound are the people with the original design ( 6 big holes, no small holes). I'm still gathering data right now awaiting more responses. I'm actively searching for an original UR pulley right now.

If you want the video to send to UR it's on the first post of this thread.
Old 02-26-2013, 12:05 PM
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
There is no difference between the UR pulley made for XLR8 and the ones UR used to make other than more weight reduction on the newer XLR8 pulleys. The material of the part (6061 versus cast iron) will make no difference with belt holding power except in one area. When the pulley/s are installed it is mandatory to use a new belt, in addition the belt must be changed after 2 years or 24000 miles whichever comes first.

Anyone that has not followed this requirement or schedule may have already caused or is causing damage to the belt surface. Once squealing has begun if it is not rectified within a day or so the belt surface will become glazed. This situation is repairable by having the belt grooves sand blasted to remove the glazing. Then the pulley/s can be re-installed as new with a new belt and then the maintenance schedule must be followed.

Not that there is anything we could point out with any of these platforms but something to remember is as these cars get older and other parts wear out new sounds and noises will occur. Other components in the belt drive system (tensioners, idlers or any of the driven accessories) can begin to falter in unknown ways.

UR
The following users liked this post:
bigwavedave25 (06-28-2021)
Old 02-26-2013, 04:13 PM
Burning Brakes

The company that makes the product and the reseller is claiming there is no problems with their product. Alright guys, I don't think we need to investigate any more! They must have investigated this fully, right? Those of us having the noise problems with.the XLR8 batch must all have bad belts.

Really though, sarcasm aside I'm disappointed that UR and XLR8 is just brushing this off rather than looking into it. I once came across a thread where someone had a defective UR crank pulley that literally fell apart while diving. A UR rep actually admitted it was a manufacture defect, they replaced the pulley and paid for all the expenses. I guess that doesn't happen anymore.

As of this writing the sound I was experiencing has completely gone away after installing my OEM pulley using the same belt I used with the XLR8 UR pulley.

Last edited by VanyDotK; 02-26-2013 at 04:17 PM.
Old 02-26-2013, 06:32 PM
Safety Car

pulley surface is glazed?
Old 02-27-2013, 12:01 PM
Former Sponsor

The company that makes the product and the reseller is claiming there is no problems with their product. Alright guys, I don't think we need to investigate any more! They must have investigated this fully, right? Those of us having the noise problems with.the XLR8 batch must all have bad belts.

Really though, sarcasm aside I'm disappointed that UR and XLR8 is just brushing this off rather than looking into it. I once came across a thread where someone had a defective UR crank pulley that literally fell apart while diving. A UR rep actually admitted it was a manufacture defect, they replaced the pulley and paid for all the expenses. I guess that doesn't happen anymore.

As of this writing the sound I was experiencing has completely gone away after installing my OEM pulley using the same belt I used with the XLR8 UR pulley.
We're not brushing anything off. That is why I've been posting and why I had UR post up some things to try. We are trying to help you. However, you asserted:

I've been messaging people that have the XLR8 pulley installed and it seems a lot of them have the same sounds I was getting.
__________________________________________________ ______________

"A lot" of people haven't had this issue. We've not even had any reports until you made this thread.

And these pulleys are CNC machined so it's practically impossible for them to "fall apart". Even if that were the case it has NEVER happened to any UR pulley we have sold in 10+ years and we have sold hundreds.

If you're having an issue on your vehicle let's figure it out but we don't need blanket statements that aren't representative of the product.
Old 02-27-2013, 11:28 PM
Burning Brakes

Here goes the sound coming from a 2009 Accord v6 with the XLR8 UR pulley. The accord has 27k miles and he installed a brand new Gates belt when installing the pulley. Check out this guy's other video's too, he does all sorts of DIY's with his Accord, kind of fun to watch.

He said he is going to try changing the tensioner, if that doesn't stop the sound said he may go back to the OEM pulley, if he does this I asked him to make a before and after video of the sound. I should have done this, too, but I was hoping it wasn't the pulley.

If you're having this sound I encourage you to make your own youtube video so we can compare the sounds and see what the common denominator is.
Old 02-27-2013, 11:38 PM
Safety Car

wow that really doesn't sound right. Even worst then yours.

Could it be that the pulley is also an acoustic dampener? I mean it does have a rubber core and steel is denser then aluminium

Last edited by thisaznboi88; 02-27-2013 at 11:41 PM.
Old 02-27-2013, 11:46 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by thisaznboi88
wow that really doesn't sound right. Even worst then yours.

Could it be that the pulley is also an acoustic dampener? I mean it does have a rubber core and steel is denser then aluminium
I think his sound worse than mine because his was uncovered and it looks like his camera was closer to the pulley.

As far as the pulley being an acoustic dampener, ManClubAustin (the guy who made the other video) said the same thing, he said he thinks we're getting the sound because the UR pulley doesn't have the rubber core like the OEM pulley.

*WARNING: SPECULATION*
Could it be possible the newer lighter version has something to do the sound and the older version was just the right weight where there was no sound?
*END SPECULATION*
Old 02-28-2013, 01:09 AM
Burning Brakes

"A lot" of people haven't had this issue. We've not even had any reports until you made this thread.

If you're having an issue on your vehicle let's figure it out but we don't need blanket statements that aren't representative of the product.
Just found fourmore people having the same noise when the AC kicks on with UR pulleys

That brings the total count to 6 people with UR pulleys having sounds when the AC is on

The post is on the drive accord forums, I think the rules don't allow me to post the link here but to get to it just go here:

https://www.google.com/search?q=ur+p...f&oq=ur+pulley

it's the 5th result down as of right now, there are actually a few more results where people are having squealing problems as well on other cars, but I'm going to concentrate on the J series engine.

Last edited by VanyDotK; 02-28-2013 at 01:23 AM.
Old 02-28-2013, 01:42 AM
Burning Brakes

It won't let me edit my post above so I have to post a new one, sorry!

https://acurazine.com/forums/showpos...5&postcount=20

That's number 7 from back in 2008.

Original thread:
https://acurazine.com/forums/2g-tl-performance-parts-modifications-116/belt-squeal-after-ur-pulley-installed-692257/
Old 02-28-2013, 01:57 PM
Burning Brakes

We've sold hundreds of these pulleys of the "second batch". There are no issues with the pulleys to date.
Here goes a thread someone started having the same problem that you replied to back in 2008. Please tell me more about how I'm the only one that ever had this problem and how I'm the first one to bring it up

https://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=692257
Old 02-28-2013, 02:21 PM
Former Sponsor

Here goes a thread someone started having the same problem that you replied to back in 2008. Please tell me more about how I'm the only one that ever had this problem and how I'm the first one to bring it up

https://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=692257
You're kidding me, right? You want me to remember a thread from 5 years about a belt squeal? And based on what you said and the videos I wouldn't characterize it as a squeal so I wasn't thinkinWorn belts can make noise. A/C compressors make noise. In fact, I just got a warranty extension on my wife's CRV for failing A/C compressors. I'm not discounting anything or anyone but I'm not going to stand by and let blanket statements prevail on an isolated case when thousands of these pulleys are in the market with no issue.

There are a lot of factors in play: belts, tensioners, A/C compressor, idlers, pulleys, etc. Finding the issue, rather than blaming parts, should be the focus.
Old 02-28-2013, 02:50 PM
Burning Brakes

You're kidding me, right? You want me to remember a thread from 5 years about a belt squeal? And based on what you said and the videos I wouldn't characterize it as a squeal so I wasn't thinkinWorn belts can make noise. A/C compressors make noise. In fact, I just got a warranty extension on my wife's CRV for failing A/C compressors. I'm not discounting anything or anyone but I'm not going to stand by and let blanket statements prevail on an isolated case when thousands of these pulleys are in the market with no issue.

There are a lot of factors in play: belts, tensioners, A/C compressor, idlers, pulleys, etc. Finding the issue, rather than blaming parts, should be the focus.
Is it just a coincidence that after I remove the UR pulley and install the OEM pulley using the same belt previously the sound goes away completely? It's fine though, I'm only one person, but ManClubAustin may change his back to OEM and he'll be the second one to not have a belt squealing issue.

The UR pulley works in terms of performance and functionality, there is no doubt about that, it's just a belt squealing issue when the AC is on, which for some people is not a big deal because the car is functioning properly.

I bet if everyone with the UR pulley knew about this in the summer months and listened to their engine while the AC is on, we would have more reports of this... But let's be honest, who rolls down their window with the AC on, right? I didn't, someone pointed the sound out to me otherwise I would have never known about it.
Old 02-28-2013, 02:57 PM
Burning Brakes

Well I guess you didn't read this thread and the things I tried to fix this problem so I'll summarize it for you

Belt noise started, I took it to Acura. Acura replaced tensionor under warranty. Noise is still there. Replaced belt with OEM belt, noise goes away.

few months later...

Noise comes back, I buy a Goodyear Gatorback belt and replace it, noise goes away. Just for safe measure I take it to a shop who checks the torque on the pulley, torque is good.

few months later...

Noise comes back again, I remove the UR pulley and install my OEM pulley using the same Gatorback belt. Noise is gone.
Old 02-28-2013, 04:02 PM
Former Sponsor

Well I guess you didn't read this thread and the things I tried to fix this problem so I'll summarize it for you

Belt noise started, I took it to Acura. Acura replaced tensionor under warranty. Noise is still there. Replaced belt with OEM belt, noise goes away.

few months later...

Noise comes back, I buy a Goodyear Gatorback belt and replace it, noise goes away. Just for safe measure I take it to a shop who checks the torque on the pulley, torque is good.

few months later...

Noise comes back again, I remove the UR pulley and install my OEM pulley using the same Gatorback belt. Noise is gone.
Thanks for the summary, but my question is if the noise went away when you changed the belt then the belt might be the issue. Also, the noise went away for a few months as you stated; you just reinstalled the pulley so perhaps the noise will come back.

If you'd like we can have you send the pulley to UR and I can have them inspect it for you. Please email me at sales@excelerateperformance.com for further discussion. I can't follow every time a post is made in this thread so it's easier to do via email.
Old 02-28-2013, 04:14 PM
Burning Brakes

Thanks for the summary, but my question is if the noise went away when you changed the belt then the belt might be the issue. Also, the noise went away for a few months as you stated; you just reinstalled the pulley so perhaps the noise will come back.

If you'd like we can have you send the pulley to UR and I can have them inspect it for you. Please email me at sales@excelerateperformance.com for further discussion. I can't follow every time a post is made in this thread so it's easier to do via email.
I already sold the pulley. At this point I'm pretty much done with UR and XLR8, there are 7 people having the exact same noise when the AC kicks on and the common factor is the UR pulley.

The people not having the problem, they either don't hear it or maybe me and the 7 other people having this problem just happened to get a defective batch.

I'll report back in the summer months when I'm using my AC to let everyone know if I'm getting the noise or not with my OEM pulley.
Old 02-28-2013, 06:04 PM
Former Sponsor

I already sold the pulley. At this point I'm pretty much done with UR and XLR8, there are 7 people having the exact same noise when the AC kicks on and the common factor is the UR pulley.
I'm sorry to hear that you're "done with UR and XLR8". I haven't really done anything to warrant that but as an act of good faith act I'll give you a reasonable discount on anything you want (that we sell) in the future. Just email me to discuss further.
Old 02-28-2013, 06:08 PM
Burning Brakes

I'm sorry to hear that you're "done with UR and XLR8". I haven't really done anything to warrant that but as an act of good faith act I'll give you a reasonable discount on anything you want (that we sell) in the future. Just email me to discuss further.
I appreciate the offer, but I'm going to decline. Thanks.

I'll response to this thread in the summer months with a noise update.
Old 02-28-2013, 06:28 PM
Intermediate

The factory crank pulley is an acoustical harmonic damper designed to minimize engine noise (NVH) heard in the occupant compartment. No different from the baffles and resonators in the intake or exhaust system. Pulley NVH is far outweighed by the sounds associated with aftermarket intakes and exhausts.

Since you are so adamant UR/XLR8 have done the wrong thing we would also like to know when you formally contacted either of us directly? To this date we at UR have no record of any contact on this subject from you. We would also like to know who, by name, at UR suggested the part/s are defective.

You can't just go around throwing out allegations of poor service without substantive proof of which you have none. As such we would like to confirm when the belts were changed? Receipts for those belts?

The normal process in these situations is (for any aftermarket product):
1. Initial contact with the manufacturer or retailer (NONE OTHER THAN THE THREAD). Wrong foot to start on.
2. The manufacturer/retailer then responds with either questions or some initial suggestions (THIS WAS PROVIDED IN THE THREAD EVEN THOUGH STEP ONE WAS NEVER FOLLOWED).
3. Suggestions do not solve the problem and an RMA is issued for the parts to be inspected by the manufacturer.
4. Part/s are received and inspected, the story behind the problem is either found or the part is considered defective and is repaired or replaced. In UR's case this is as long as the maintenance procedures are followed (receipts for belts at install and during the life of the product at required service intervals).

So to summarize Step 1 was not followed, Step 2 happened out of concern by the retailer and both Steps 4 & 5 never happened.

So as a manufacturer we would like to encourage consumers to contact us directly about any issues or concerns. XLR8 is more than capable of handling these issues but we would prefer direct contact so there are no miscommunications or misunderstandings.

Respectfully,
UR

Last edited by unorthodox; 02-28-2013 at 06:32 PM.
The following users liked this post:
thisaznboi88 (02-28-2013)
Old 02-28-2013, 06:42 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by unorthodox
The factory crank pulley is an acoustical harmonic damper designed to minimize engine noise (NVH) heard in the occupant compartment. No different from the baffles and resonators in the intake or exhaust system. Pulley NVH is far outweighed by the sounds associated with aftermarket intakes and exhausts.

Since you are so adamant UR/XLR8 have done the wrong thing we would also like to know when you formally contacted either of us directly? To this date we at UR have no record of any contact on this subject from you. We would also like to know who, by name, at UR suggested the part/s are defective.

You can't just go around throwing out allegations of poor service without substantive proof of which you have none. As such we would like to confirm when the belts were changed? Receipts for those belts?

The normal process in these situations is (for any aftermarket product):
1. Initial contact with the manufacturer or retailer (NONE OTHER THAN THE THREAD). Wrong foot to start on.
2. The manufacturer/retailer then responds with either questions or some initial suggestions (THIS WAS PROVIDED IN THE THREAD EVEN THOUGH STEP ONE WAS NEVER FOLLOWED).
3. Suggestions do not solve the problem and an RMA is issued for the parts to be inspected by the manufacturer.
4. Part/s are received and inspected, the story behind the problem is either found or the part is considered defective and is repaired or replaced. In UR's case this is as long as the maintenance procedures are followed (receipts for belts at install and during the life of the product at required service intervals).

So to summarize Step 1 was not followed, Step 2 happened out of concern by the retailer and both Steps 4 & 5 never happened.

So as a manufacturer we would like to encourage consumers to contact us directly about any issues or concerns. XLR8 is more than capable of handling these issues but we would prefer direct contact so there are no miscommunications or misunderstandings.

Respectfully,
UR
You're right, I didn't go through your process, I tried to eliminate the problem myself. But after seeing this:

That's not the pulley making that noise. Perhaps it's the serp belt tensioner.
I felt a little discouraged that you guys would actually take any kind of responsibility in this.

If you would like, PM or post your e-mail address here and I'll send you every thread/video I've found with people having the exact same squealing problem I was having after turning the AC on.

I'm not one to throw out accusations, I had the full UR PS/AC/Crank pulley set on my Accord which I had no problems and when Acura told me it could be the UR pulley I dismissed it right away.
Old 02-28-2013, 07:18 PM
Safety Car

I don't think videos would help at this point since the pulley is not in your possession, and can't be sent back for testing. That really sucks tho since this is an awesome mod.
Old 02-28-2013, 08:18 PM
Advanced

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by thisaznboi88
I don't think videos would help at this point since the pulley is not in your possession, and can't be sent back for testing. That really sucks tho since this is an awesome mod.
I bought the pulley off of him and I'd like to send it back to see what's going on with it.. just to be safe. I don't want this effecting my car the same way it was effecting his if it was in fact the pulley.
Old 02-28-2013, 10:47 PM
Pro

Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts
Originally Posted by Davidsternmustdie
I bought the pulley off of him and I'd like to send it back to see what's going on with it.. just to be safe. I don't want this effecting my car the same way it was effecting his if it was in fact the pulley.
Yeah man, hopefully he told you what was going on with it because otherwise that would be straight shady.

Perhaps UR/XLR8 can split the shipping costs with you and get to the bottom of this.
Old 02-28-2013, 10:52 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Hacura
Yeah man, hopefully he told you what was going on with it because otherwise that would be straight shady.

Perhaps UR/XLR8 can split the shipping costs with you and get to the bottom of this.
Yes, it would be shady. Here goes the sale thread just so everyone knows I mentioned it and even linked this thread.

https://acurazine.com/forums/car-parts-sale-361/stock-diameter-ur-pulley-3g-tl-881164/
Old 02-28-2013, 11:10 PM
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
You all shady! The noise I was having that I thought was from my pulley was actually from my power steering recall that I never got taken care of until recently. In addition to that my belt had slipped a little which doesn't seem to be the issue that OP was having. It has all been taken care of and I have no weird noises.

I am happy with my XLR8 pulley so far
Old 02-28-2013, 11:28 PM
Intermediate

You are welcome to send us back the pulley for a proper inspection.

RMA# CS6141

AAADEM, LLC
2005 Merrick Road
Suite 110
Merrick, NY 11566
The following 2 users liked this post by unorthodox:
bigwavedave25 (06-28-2021), thisaznboi88 (02-28-2013)
Old 02-28-2013, 11:30 PM
Safety Car

^ legit
Old 02-28-2013, 11:43 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by type-s'er
You all shady! The noise I was having that I thought was from my pulley was actually from my power steering recall that I never got taken care of until recently. In addition to that my belt had slipped a little which doesn't seem to be the issue that OP was having. It has all been taken care of and I have no weird noises.

I am happy with my XLR8 pulley so far
I had my power steering recall performed as well but I was still getting the noise. Keep us posted!
Old 02-28-2013, 11:44 PM
Burning Brakes

Keep us updated on your progress!
Old 02-28-2013, 11:45 PM
Intermediate

You're right, I didn't go through your process, I tried to eliminate the problem myself. But after seeing this:
Hopefully your example of what not to do will prompt others to contact the experts (whether it be us or another manufacturer although we cannot speak for the willingness of other manufacturers to be as transparent as we will always be).

Our suggestions are appropriate, including the tensioner, as they might have saved you from the time and expense of sending the parts back. We follow a strict diagnosis procedure as stated in our previous e-mail, your current response makes it clear you don't understand the procedure or the purpose of the procedure.

I felt a little discouraged that you guys would actually take any kind of responsibility in this.

If you would like, PM or post your e-mail address here and I'll send you every thread/video I've found with people having the exact same squealing problem I was having after turning the AC on.
We are always open to our part/s being at fault, especially until we've seen the part/s. Unfortunately once we reach that point 99.9% of the time the problem was not on our end. The parts don't lie, they tell a very clear story and we hold fast to the story told by the part/s above all else. Our spotless reputation is not worth the cost of a defective part, so we have no reason to twist the facts. As stated previously we would need to see the part, the video's are only a very small part of the diagnosis process.

I'm not one to throw out accusations, I had the full UR PS/AC/Crank pulley set on my Accord which I had no problems and when Acura told me it could be the UR pulley I dismissed it right away.
Then why did you lay the accusations throughout the post and not once contact us directly since you give the impression that you respected us so highly, although now you are done with us.
Old 02-28-2013, 11:50 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Hacura
Not part of the process with us or any other manufacturers product you buy. We are innocent until the product itself proves otherwise.

If the part is at fault we will gladly refund the shipping cost to us and replace the part and provide free return shipping.
Old 03-01-2013, 12:01 AM
Burning Brakes

I had already changed my belt and tensioner to no avail. Again this is what I did:

few months later...

few months later...

However reguarding this response:
Originally Posted by unorthodox
Hopefully your example of what not to do will prompt others to contact the experts (whether it be us or another manufacturer although we cannot speak for the willingness of other manufacturers to be as transparent as we will always be).

your current response makes it clear you don't understand the procedure or the purpose of the procedure.
Your response demonstrates poor customer service, I do take offense to what you said and to say it in a public forum makes it even worse. The fact that a company would even response to a customer like this at all, but especially in a public forum, amazes me.

Show some professionalism, you do not talk to ANYBODY like this.
Old 03-01-2013, 12:07 AM
Burning Brakes

So just to clear some things up, hindsight, yes I should have went to UR first before making this thread but I wanted to see if anybody else was having this same problem, which there was.

I was really discouraged to go to UR because if you go through XLR8's responses in this thread it felt like "nope, it's not the pulley, it's your tensioner, belt. we've sold over xxxxxxxxx of these pulleys without any problems" Not once did he suggest sending the pulley back to UR or Excelerate for examination. Earlier in the process I would have been more open to this.

*Edit
Actually yeah he did suggest sending it back, but that was today. A little too late.

Last edited by VanyDotK; 03-01-2013 at 12:21 AM.

Quick Reply: Attention: Anybody that has a UR lightweight pulley!