04+ TL GReddy Catback PETITION - NEW! Vote on Muffler Type

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2007 | 05:07 PM
DER NEUE ^

This place is like a comedy channel more and more...

Please let me summarize:

GREDDY IS WILLING TO SUPPORT ACCURAZINE AND MAKE A BADASS EXHAUST FOR THE TL, SO WHAT'S THE HOLD UP ACCURAZINE???

This being said, at this point I wish we could bypass any obstacle in our way and get the exhaust direct from the Greddy or whatever!

Yeah, just shoot me!
Old 07-27-2007 | 05:28 PM
-=2005 TL=-

Aiight guys, I realize we're all worked up but no need for all the hate. I'm sure they're on it and remember, I think someone else posted it earlier, the admin/mods have their regular lives to attend to as well. Just remember people are doing us a favor, even though we're paying for something, all this couldn't have been possible if people haven't taken, risks, sacrifices and patience...people truly are doing US a favor. So, let's be patient and just be cooperative when possible but no need to hate. Sorry, didn't want to sound like a freakin mom but I thought tempers were starting to flare and that's not appropriate. Thanks guys, that's my like 4 cents...
Old 07-27-2007 | 05:35 PM
DER NEUE ^

no hating really, just a constructive criticism, no worries it's going to work out one way or another it always does, ok Mom ;-))

World piece and love, everyone!

Group hug???
Old 07-27-2007 | 05:48 PM
-=2005 TL=-

Originally Posted by ACTROS
no hating really, just a constructive criticism, no worries it's going to work out one way or another it always does, ok Mom ;-))

World piece and love, everyone!

Group hug???

Good boy.....j/k
Old 07-27-2007 | 06:05 PM
DER NEUE ^

Originally Posted by topckret

Good boy.....j/k
Yeah Ma, just like you taught me now please buy me a Greddy exhaust, pretty please Ma
Old 07-28-2007 | 01:38 PM
Former Sponsor

Just keep in mind guys that Greddy was able to get this going and find the customers b/c of AZ. So for them to develop a product for AZ's members means they should get some money for it. So buying direct through Greddy and cutting AZ after the product was developed on their "back" is unethical and not supportive of AZ, which helps foster new ideas and products. Remember the mods can delete posts but only the admins can sign up vendors. They also have very busy lives. I'm sure they will take care of the matter. Just be patient. The exhaust will be sold to AZ members, one way or the other.
Old 07-29-2007 | 02:01 AM
Cruising in my

I'd like to see the gains with E-shift procats and the GReddy exhaust. I would assume some people from that list have the procats. Hopefully better than the Comptech and procat combo.
Old 07-29-2007 | 02:54 PM
8AT > 6MT

can someone fill me in on WHY we have to wait for the admins? we all signed up for the exhaust, i STILL don't get why we can't just get it from greddy....
Old 07-29-2007 | 07:35 PM
Tee EL

is there a sound clip for this exhaust by any chance? anyone know what it'll sound like? ricey? or not?
Old 07-29-2007 | 08:06 PM
Senior Moderator
Regions Leader

Originally Posted by Revolution SignWorks
can someone fill me in on WHY we have to wait for the admins? we all signed up for the exhaust, i STILL don't get why we can't just get it from greddy....

Josh pretty much sums it up here....

Originally Posted by Excelerate
Just keep in mind guys that Greddy was able to get this going and find the customers b/c of AZ. So for them to develop a product for AZ's members means they should get some money for it. So buying direct through Greddy and cutting AZ after the product was developed on their "back" is unethical and not supportive of AZ, which helps foster new ideas and products. Remember the mods can delete posts but only the admins can sign up vendors. They also have very busy lives. I'm sure they will take care of the matter. Just be patient. The exhaust will be sold to AZ members, one way or the other.

Im sure there has been discussions with Admins on this....

Why the Admins havent replied I have no idea but I can tell you that there are alot of things going on behind the scenes right now that you guys dont see....
Old 07-29-2007 | 08:23 PM
Senior Moderator
Regions Leader

Sometimes these things happen fast and sometimes they take a bit.

You guys are so quick to think that because there hasnt been a response that AZ doesnt want to support it??

How bout we cut out the negative responses. Its not worth getting banned over...
Old 07-30-2007 | 10:43 AM
-=2005 TL=-

Originally Posted by VtecTL
is there a sound clip for this exhaust by any chance? anyone know what it'll sound like? ricey? or not?
Hey VtecTL, there is a sound clip of my car with the exhaust on the dyno. It's on page 11 at the end of all the photos. Make sure you listen to it with a decent set of computer speakers that can produce the bass notes. NOT RICEY AT ALL. Very nice, similar to a Lexus GS300-400-430 performance exhaust system.
Old 07-30-2007 | 12:07 PM
Administrator

We have been dealing with Chris, but Chris asked astro to contact his boss, Kenji, so astro sent him an email on the 26th of July and is waiting for a reply.

We know how anxious you are to get this thing going, and we are just as anxious to open up this source for you, so we look forward to astro and Kenji getting together soon and coming to an agreement.
Old 07-30-2007 | 12:15 PM
The Darker the berry....

Originally Posted by Ron A
We have been dealing with Chris, but Chris asked astro to contact his boss, Kenji, so astro sent him an email on the 26th of July and is waiting for a reply.

We know how anxious you are to get this thing going, and we are just as anxious to open up this source for you, so we look forward to astro and Kenji getting together soon and coming to an agreement.
Thanx - glad to see there is movement. Please excuse all the "hate" as of late - I think everybody's just really anxious to get this on their ride - me included. Peace and Love...........
Old 07-30-2007 | 12:18 PM
A J35A8 EG civic is in

Hey VtecTL, there is a sound clip of my car with the exhaust on the dyno. It's on page 11 at the end of all the photos. Make sure you listen to it with a decent set of computer speakers that can produce the bass notes. NOT RICEY AT ALL. Very nice, similar to a Lexus GS300-400-430 performance exhaust system.
Its not workin
Old 07-30-2007 | 01:05 PM
-=2005 TL=-

Originally Posted by sunny201
Its not workin
Hmm...not sure why not for you. I just clicked on the picture again it plays fine but here's the direct link to it:

http://s133.photobucket.com/albums/q...xhaustDyno.flv
Old 07-30-2007 | 02:28 PM
Tee EL

wow..thnx topckret, it does sound pretty nice..still can't tell which sounds better tho, comptech or greddy..pretty much whichever one puts out the most power wins tho.
Old 07-30-2007 | 02:59 PM
-=2005 TL=-

Originally Posted by VtecTL
wow..thnx topckret, it does sound pretty nice..still can't tell which sounds better tho, comptech or greddy..pretty much whichever one puts out the most power wins tho.
I don't know if you've read the through the thread but the Greddy one produces 10-11whp and a constant gain throughout the power band unlike the Comptech. I believe the comptech's max gain is at 7.5whp at once specific RPM reading and on the other RPMs there is a fluctuation from 0.7-7.5 whp gain (up and down). Here's Comptech's dyno graph: http://www.comptechusa.com/images/dy...atbackDyno.pdf
Where GReddy has informed us that the whp gains start around 3whp and rises consistantly up to 10-11whp at peak, no dips/drops in gain in between the dyno run.
Old 07-30-2007 | 04:54 PM
OMGWTF4THGENTL

I don't know if you've read the through the thread but the Greddy one produces 10-11whp and a constant gain throughout the power band unlike the Comptech. I believe the comptech's max gain is at 7.5whp at once specific RPM reading and on the other RPMs there is a fluctuation from 0.7-7.5 whp gain (up and down). Here's Comptech's dyno graph: http://www.comptechusa.com/images/dy...atbackDyno.pdf
Where GReddy has informed us that the whp gains start around 3whp and rises consistantly up to 10-11whp at peak, no dips/drops in gain in between the dyno run.
Although I fully endorse the Greddy exhaust and it's creation, hell I might even swap my Comptech Exhaust out, let's be realisitic...

The amount of gains from any exhaust mod to the TL are so negligiable, they should not be considered as part of the buying decision. Considering this point, it's common knowledge that dyno calinbration is never uniform across dyno providers. Already jumping to the conclusion that the Greddy "makes more power" may be a bit of a stretch at this point... especially where the difference is that little (+/-5 hp)... The temperature/humidity the day of the dyno will have greater impact of +/- 5 whp on the reading of 220 whp car.

More power usually comes at one expense... noise. My comptech drones hard at about 2200 rpm (cruising the highway in 6th). I've noticed a lot (OK everyone) of guys opting for the noisier exhaust. If it truly is 5 more hp, this thing is gonna be loud... and that's cool if you're into that... but that drone going down the highway make me crazy, it screws with your HFL/voice commands, and takes a nice luxury car down a peg. Feedback is the supercharger eliminates it. It's in the garage, need more time.

Ha ha... Even if the Greddy truly does make 5 more hp on the dyno plot, that's so little, that it's like taking a poop before a race "to save weight".

Not a poo pooer here, just being realistic with expectations. This is a style/aesttics mod, with a very small performance enhancement.
Old 07-30-2007 | 05:55 PM
Moved to the LOU

Originally Posted by Kennedy
Although I fully endorse the Greddy exhaust and it's creation, hell I might even swap my Comptech Exhaust out, let's be realisitic...

The amount of gains from any exhaust mod to the TL are so negligiable, they should not be considered as part of the buying decision. Considering this point, it's common knowledge that dyno calinbration is never uniform across dyno providers. Already jumping to the conclusion that the Greddy "makes more power" may be a bit of a stretch at this point... especially where the difference is that little (+/-5 hp)... The temperature/humidity the day of the dyno will have greater impact of +/- 5 whp on the reading of 220 whp car.

More power usually comes at one expense... noise. My comptech drones hard at about 2200 rpm (cruising the highway in 6th). I've noticed a lot (OK everyone) of guys opting for the noisier exhaust. If it truly is 5 more hp, this thing is gonna be loud... and that's cool if you're into that... but that drone going down the highway make me crazy, it screws with your HFL/voice commands, and takes a nice luxury car down a peg. Feedback is the supercharger eliminates it. It's in the garage, need more time.

Ha ha... Even if the Greddy truly does make 5 more hp on the dyno plot, that's so little, that it's like taking a poop before a race "to save weight".

Not a poo pooer here, just being realistic with expectations. This is a style/aesttics mod, with a very small performance enhancement.
Hey poo pooer, maybe you shouldn't buy it then.
Old 07-30-2007 | 07:29 PM
OMGWTF4THGENTL

Just keeping it real, cause that's how I roll... I'm a poo poo cliche.

Seriously, just devil's advocating dyno claims. Not trying to be negative.
Old 07-30-2007 | 10:25 PM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by Kennedy
that it's like taking a poop before a race "to save weight".
Hey now.... stop giving away my secret mods.
Old 07-30-2007 | 10:27 PM
Burning Brakes

< - - - - - - - - - - - - Twiddling my thumbs!
Old 07-31-2007 | 11:24 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by Ron A

Ron,

I just checked with Kenji and let him know he should have received an email on the 26th, but he didn't see any email. Please have Astro send it again or clear up any email/email server issues he may have. I know he was having problems with his email before and that's why he provided a new address. I'm only assuming this must still be the issue since Kenji has not received anything on or since the 26th. And if it is possible to do this over the phone, please let us know, because we were informed that over the phone is not an option.

Thanks,

Chris

PS> I have Pmed you and astro just now.
Old 08-01-2007 | 02:23 AM
10th Gear

Any valid explination why people are dicking around rather than being adults and settling this over the phone?!

Code:
Want to do business?
[ ] Yes
[ ] No

Please check one on the note and pass it back..
Old 08-01-2007 | 11:43 AM
-E-K-S-O-

Talking Haters

All this hate is like an cross between the show LOST and Americas Most Funiest Videos...

Everyone starts hating when the chips go down... all at once their like "WTF"
so like the mighty Mos Def says "Don't Get Mad!, Don't Get Mad!"

(guess you gotta like Mos Def to know what i mean... )

HAHAHA

anyway... the exhaust is coming, people are waiting, supply and demand, legalities and beauro... no need to hate... just participate...

i personally can't wait for this exhaust system to come out... now if only Greddy can make us a header and a drop in high performance air filter element...

(if we were all pot heads, no one would be hating like this...IMHO)
Old 08-01-2007 | 12:33 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by U4ICTHEORY
spoken like a true californian
Old 08-01-2007 | 07:19 PM
Former Sponsor

i personally can't wait for this exhaust system to come out... now if only Greddy can make us a header and a drop in high performance air filter element...

I think you smoked a little bit too much of your product there b/c headers are not able to be made unless you remove the cylinder head. The exhaust manifolds are part of the head.
Old 08-02-2007 | 04:52 PM
5th Gear

I want GReDDy for my car DAmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmn
Old 08-02-2007 | 05:03 PM
Instructor

maby someone can develop a new exhaust manifold? please!
Old 08-02-2007 | 06:43 PM
Moved to the LOU

<<--- twiddling thumbs and looking around the room!
Old 08-03-2007 | 08:52 AM
Ryan Christopher

Originally Posted by twigglius
<<--- twiddling thumbs and looking around the room!
It may be awhile, so don't wear those thumbs out yet!!!
Old 08-03-2007 | 12:26 PM
Starcraft II addict

I just hope that GReddy doesn't get a bad taste in their mouth in dealing with this and not want to do anything else for us in the future. I'm sure everyone would feel more comfortable about the progress if an admin would post that they are in actual discussion with GReddy and things are moving forward.

Otherwise I can't wait for my new exhaust!
Old 08-03-2007 | 12:27 PM
Moved to the LOU

I understand that the admins have "lives" outside of this website, but atleast show some tact. Let us know you are busy and that it will be handled in (x) amount of time. There has not been any indication that anyone has even respnded to GReddy! And they won't speak to them on the phone? Are you kidding me? I'm not here to bash anyone, but GReddy is a possible client to AZ and they deserve a response. I am in sales and I can tell you that if I did not respond to a potential client, I would not have that person as a client. They would go somewhere else and get the service they deserve.
Old 08-03-2007 | 12:37 PM
-E-K-S-O-

Talking

I think you smoked a little bit too much of your product
Yes i do smoke too much of my product... so i will take that as a compliment, thank you...

(funny how owning a business doesn't require a drug test, but working at the mall does... Speaking like a true Californian)

headers are not able to be made unless you remove the cylinder head. The exhaust manifolds are part of the head.
i didn't even know that, the cars is still oh so new... way more advanced then the 92 civic hatch back i used to drive, so forgive my lack of knowledge regarding my new car, I'm still learning... easy gunpowder... so, where do we go from here? a new manifold? a new head? does anyone make such aftermarket high performance parts such as these for our cars... Greddy... i hear a new mission!!!
Old 08-03-2007 | 12:58 PM
Former Sponsor

Yes i do smoke too much of my product... so i will take that as a compliment, thank you...

(funny how owning a business doesn't require a drug test, but working at the mall does... Speaking like a true Californian)

i didn't even know that, the cars is still oh so new... way more advanced then the 92 civic hatch back i used to drive, so forgive my lack of knowledge regarding my new car, I'm still learning... easy gunpowder... so, where do we go from here? a new manifold? a new head? does anyone make such aftermarket high performance parts such as these for our cars... Greddy... i hear a new mission!!!
There is already a tried and true product: Pro Cats.

https://acurazine.com/forums/sponsored-sales-group-buys-10/e-shift-pro-cats-04-tl-03-accord-v6-336900/
Old 08-03-2007 | 05:40 PM
Racer

lets get the admins talking to greddy, wow.... i want my exhaust! lol
Old 08-04-2007 | 11:55 AM
312 HP 271 TQ Dynapack

Originally Posted by twigglius
I understand that the admins have "lives" outside of this website, but atleast show some tact. Let us know you are busy and that it will be handled in (x) amount of time. There has not been any indication that anyone has even respnded to GReddy! And they won't speak to them on the phone? Are you kidding me? I'm not here to bash anyone, but GReddy is a possible client to AZ and they deserve a response. I am in sales and I can tell you that if I did not respond to a potential client, I would not have that person as a client. They would go somewhere else and get the service they deserve.
^^^+1

A fist full of money in one hand.......
...........a wrench in the other.
Let's get this exhaust out!
Old 08-04-2007 | 12:08 PM
Senior Moderator
Regions Leader

are you guys reading any of this thread?

Where are you getting that we are not answering or calling greddy?????

twigglius, please stop bitching. Ive had it with your posts. You have a problem PM astro and tell him yourself...
Old 08-04-2007 | 01:45 PM
Administrator

I just talked to astro, Greddy has agreed to sign on, and he sent them an invoice just before I called him, so everything is set and waiting for them to pay.

That should happen probably Monday when they are open for business, and we will let you know how and when to start ordering.

I hope all the people who bitched the loudest are the first ones to order.

Quick Reply: 04+ TL GReddy Catback PETITION - NEW! Vote on Muffler Type