'04-'08 TL Catback Exhaust by Excelerate!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2008, 11:59 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 624 Likes on 478 Posts
Originally Posted by Kennedy
Phoenix?

Is this made by GHL...?
We used Billy Boat to manufacture our exhaust.
Old 02-22-2008, 11:45 AM
Former Sponsor

We should have these available to ship in about a week or so so place your orders now.
Old 02-22-2008, 01:41 PM
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Excelerate
We should have these available to ship in about a week or so so place your orders now.
hey excelerate..when will the type-s system debut?
Old 02-22-2008, 03:13 PM
LIST/RAMEN/WING MAHSTA 짱

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Originally Posted by pellepelle_10
hey excelerate..when will the type-s system debut?
Also, are there any preliminary designs/pics available which we can look at?
Old 02-22-2008, 04:13 PM
9.5+10.5 22m=Hella Flush

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
I am not a big fan of the tips too. That is why I am interested in seeing how the quad tips will look for the TLS.
Old 02-22-2008, 04:40 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by ed99
I am not a big fan of the tips too. That is why I am interested in seeing how the quad tips will look for the TLS.
I'm REALLY hoping we can get a setup that looks similar to the original type-s (angle cut quads) with the same double wall look as twigglius's.
Old 02-22-2008, 07:01 PM
Former Sponsor

I need a TL-S volunteer to design the TL-S exhaust and I still don't have any volunteers. I need someone in the Phoenix, AZ area.
Old 02-22-2008, 07:04 PM
Former Sponsor

Here is the dyno for the 06 TL A/T.

Name:  dyno-reults.jpg
Views: 390
Size:  66.4 KB

Notice the hp and tq increase down low and throughout the entire RPM band. I am expecting another 3-5 whp and wtq for a M/T TL.
Old 02-22-2008, 07:06 PM
Racer

Pleeeaaaasseee!! Someone help him out so we can get an exhaust!!
Old 02-27-2008, 01:17 PM
Instructor

Received 22 Likes on 10 Posts
will you guys be making an 08 accord 3.5L version?
Old 03-03-2008, 12:20 PM
Former Sponsor

The base TL exhausts are almost ready to ship. Place your orders now at excelerate@sbcglobal.net I have resonated and non-resonated systems being made.
Old 03-08-2008, 03:34 PM
71Q

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BB triflo makes good quality stuff. I had a catback from them on my subaru, great quality, and is still in great shape. The guy who bought the car from me hasnt washed or cleaned the whole system in years now, and its still in great shape. Great sound when you want it, nice and subdued when you done.

As soon as i can, ill be picking one up for my TL, but id like to check out the TL-s tip styles first.
Old 03-08-2008, 03:42 PM
GO DAWGS!! SICK'EM!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
is there a full back photos with this exhaust because i want to it how it looks from the back?? thanks.
Old 03-08-2008, 09:52 PM
Racer

I'd like to hear the difference between the resonated and non-resonated exhaust. If possible thanks!
Old 03-10-2008, 05:26 AM
Racer

I'm not sure excelerate has tips created for the type-s which is why he needs a tester to see what is needed. If someone is willing to take advantage of a killer system pm him. I wish i lived there damnit.
Old 03-14-2008, 07:23 PM
wdp skyhawk

i love the regular system cant wait to order my own
Old 03-16-2008, 09:31 PM
Instructor

+1 for tips looking similar to stock
Old 03-27-2008, 03:37 PM
Pro

Received 17 Likes on 4 Posts
how loud is it? is it louder then the comptech? if its silent i would like one =)
Old 03-27-2008, 05:35 PM
Moved to the LOU

Received 249 Likes on 183 Posts
I can't comment if it is louder than the Comptech exhuast because I have never heard one in person. I can tell you that the XLR8 exhaust sounds very mean and clean. Not obnoxiously loud at all! It's puuuurrrs like a sexy jungle cat and is well worth the investment. I have had mine on for a few months now and I love it more and more every day.
Old 03-27-2008, 06:51 PM
Instructor

This is resonated or non resonated?

Is this from the TL in the video?

Does it have any after market parts -->CAI, TBS, etc?

I really like the sound of the base TL in the video, I guess some questions that could be answered by testing the TLS version would be: would it sound the same with the quad tips, and would it produce similar output?

I'm wondering if there would less output on the TL-S because the exhaust is better flowing then stock to begin with.(Fewer cell cats, etc) Hopefully it won't give up too much back pressure and give up performance instead?

I have a AT TL-S and I'll be in Phoenix for business on April 7th. How many days would they need it? I will be there for 5-6 days.

Here is the dyno for the 06 TL A/T.

Notice the hp and tq increase down low and throughout the entire RPM band. I am expecting another 3-5 whp and wtq for a M/T TL.
Old 03-27-2008, 07:17 PM
Racer

Received 18 Likes on 8 Posts
Any chance of square tips for the base TL?
Old 03-27-2008, 11:02 PM
Moved to the LOU

Received 249 Likes on 183 Posts
Here are a few answers for you.

Originally Posted by jokerunm

This is resonated or non resonated? Resonated

Is this from the TL in the video? Yes

Does it have any after market parts -->CAI, TBS, etc? Just AEM CAI and XLR8 Catback Exhaust

I really like the sound of the base TL in the video, I guess some questions that could be answered by testing the TLS version would be: would it sound the same with the quad tips, and would it produce similar output?

I'm wondering if there would less output on the TL-S because the exhaust is better flowing then stock to begin with.(Fewer cell cats, etc) Hopefully it won't give up too much back pressure and give up performance instead?

I have a AT TL-S and I'll be in Phoenix for business on April 7th. How many days would they need it? I will be there for 5-6 days.
Old 03-28-2008, 03:16 AM
Racer

This is resonated or non resonated?

Is this from the TL in the video?

Does it have any after market parts -->CAI, TBS, etc?

Please jokerunm. PM him immediatelly. lol...I'm like a little kid waiting for x-mas
Old 03-28-2008, 10:49 AM
Fight On!

Originally Posted by bTwix
Any chance of square tips for the base TL?
I don't think anyone realizes how many of us want this and are willing to pay for a stock looking system with mandrel bending and larger piping.

We don't all want dual pipes or coffee cans or obnoxious droning...

...I would jump on this if the tips were squared off.
Old 03-28-2008, 01:38 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by CrazyNurse
I don't think anyone realizes how many of us want this and are willing to pay for a stock looking system with mandrel bending and larger piping.

We don't all want dual pipes or coffee cans or obnoxious droning...

...I would jump on this if the tips were squared off.
This is for the type-s buddy. I'm just hoping the angling of the tips aren't altered. A nice rolled quad exhaust that is angled like the oem tips would be a dream come true.
Old 03-28-2008, 04:19 PM
Drive FAst and Swirve

Originally Posted by pellepelle_10
This is for the type-s buddy. I'm just hoping the angling of the tips aren't altered. A nice rolled quad exhaust that is angled like the oem tips would be a dream come true.
if that dream becomes reality put me down on that list pls
Old 03-28-2008, 11:40 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by twigglius
Here are a few answers for you.
Thanks for the answers.

I got one more.

What's the diameter of the piping? Does it get smaller as it branches out to the mufflers? I can't tell from the pictures.
Old 03-31-2008, 04:34 PM
Racer

Hey excelerate. Is there any way we can get a peak of what you're planning on the tips to look like. I'm really hoping the OEM style is in consideration because it seems a lot of guys are interested in it if you're down. I already have money stashed for this so you can count me in if its the OEM style.
Old 04-01-2008, 02:30 PM
wdp skyhawk

i just bought a 08 wdp type s so i will waiting for the exhaust for that one instead of ordering the one for my 2005. come on someone help him out with a 08 type s in arizona
Old 04-01-2008, 02:45 PM
Former Sponsor

We may have found a tester for the TL-S setup. I should know more by tomorrow.
Old 04-10-2008, 09:35 PM
Instructor

If anyone is still interested in the Type-S setup, I've had my car at B&B since Monday but I haven't heard anything so I don't know what's being done as far as the tips, angle cut, etc. I guess, it's just whatever they come up with that fits.

My mindset has gone from excited, enthused, to annoyed, quite frankly.

I need my car back tomorrow, so I hope its enough time to get something done for the Type-S folks.
Old 04-10-2008, 11:08 PM
Safety Car

Received 36 Likes on 13 Posts
Be patient.

A quality exhaust system isn't manufactured overnight. I'm not sure how Excelerate informed you about the process, but it usually does take at least 3 days. Which consists of, in no particular order, fabricating the first article, making the jig, manufacturing the muffler internals, tips, and piping. Then a refit with all the prototype pieces. After that, another refit with a whole new system of the jig to ensure that everything the jig produces fits as well. Multiple welds affect the system fitment as it shrinks when it cools down. Then finally, sound and performance of course. If there is a discrepancy in the lather two, expect delays.
Old 04-10-2008, 11:30 PM
Former Sponsor

If anyone is still interested in the Type-S setup, I've had my car at B&B since Monday but I haven't heard anything so I don't know what's being done as far as the tips, angle cut, etc. I guess, it's just whatever they come up with that fits.

My mindset has gone from excited, enthused, to annoyed, quite frankly.

I need my car back tomorrow, so I hope its enough time to get something done for the Type-S folks.
Hey sorry for the delay. I didn't get a call back from BB so I will call them again in the morning. They were building the mufflers and system for your car. I will get better info tomorrow. As Mike said it's a long process. Believe me I wish it went quicker too but I have been making phone call after phone call. Manufacturers tend not to call you back so I'm doing my best to get updates. I will have more info for you.

Rest assured though it will be a great setup. I told them what I wanted so I have to leave it to the pros now to design it.
Old 04-11-2008, 02:15 AM
Racer

Hey sorry for the delay. I didn't get a call back from BB so I will call them again in the morning. They were building the mufflers and system for your car. I will get better info tomorrow. As Mike said it's a long process. Believe me I wish it went quicker too but I have been making phone call after phone call. Manufacturers tend not to call you back so I'm doing my best to get updates. I will have more info for you.

Rest assured though it will be a great setup. I told them what I wanted so I have to leave it to the pros now to design it.
I'm hoping what you wanted consisted of the oem slanted setup of the type-s hehe
Old 04-11-2008, 11:49 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by aznbo187
Be patient.

A quality exhaust system isn't manufactured overnight. I'm not sure how Excelerate informed you about the process, but it usually does take at least 3 days. Which consists of, in no particular order, fabricating the first article, making the jig, manufacturing the muffler internals, tips, and piping. Then a refit with all the prototype pieces. After that, another refit with a whole new system of the jig to ensure that everything the jig produces fits as well. Multiple welds affect the system fitment as it shrinks when it cools down. Then finally, sound and performance of course. If there is a discrepancy in the lather two, expect delays.
I completely understand. I know the process takes time. I have no problem with that. It's why I decided to give them all five days of my business trip instead of three and rented a car. Do I think they've used the full five days? I don't know. I'm pretty sure one full day was wasted with my car just sitting in the shop because people did not know WTF it was there in the first place.

I would have no issues if there where delays in fitting,testing, fabrication, but other things that could easily be avoided, well that just leads to frustration.

I'm just going to say this.

Planning and coordination goes a long way in making the most out of a limited resource.(In this case, test time with my car.)

Sure, coming out with a product is tough and takes time, but again, planning and coordination could make the difference on whether a product comes out now, later, or not at all.

That being said, at minimum, they now have the measurements and some test fit time with a type S. So at least now, its more of a question of when rather than if, which is something to be excited about.
Old 04-11-2008, 03:55 PM
Instructor

I was able to talk to Mike with B&B at lunch time today. Looks they were able to get on it!

He told me that the exhaust with dyno runs will be done today. I'll be albe to pick my car up early this evening. I'll take pictures if there is enough light and post this evening. I'm glad they were able to get something done. It makes any frustration worth it.
Old 04-11-2008, 05:12 PM
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Yes, looking forward to your pics. What I've seen so far with this exhaust, it should be worth the wait.
Old 04-11-2008, 11:41 PM
Instructor

Woops, well the exhaust isn't quite ready yet. A jig needs to be made for mass production. The tips are slanted, just not as aggressively as the type-S. They still look good though. In my rush, I forgot my camera, but I took some pics with my phone. These are not final and could change.

I got to talk to one of the fabricators, Eric at B&B. Great stand up guy. He was able to do a couple of dyno runs stock and couple with the exhaust on. He still has to crunch the numbers but he said it looks like the gains are similar to the base TL. I also asked him about the sound, he said it was also similar to the base but probably more aggressive, without being obnoxious.

He showed me around the shop. The entire exhaust from the cat to the tips is done in house. The entire exhaust is also T-304 steel, not just the mufflers.

Keep this in minds guys when thinking about cost. This is a great deal considering the other setups are similar in price but use lower grade metal.

While not everyone's preference, to me, the whole setup being polished, just shows the extra effort being put forth on these systems. They could choose to not take the time, man power, etc, to polish and still charge the same, but from what I've seen, these guys are making high quality stuff for high quality cars(porsche,bmw,etc) and they want to make sure it looks like it.

After getting over some communication issues, I hope my earlier comments don't reflect badly on Excelerate and B&B. While there were some issues, the more I was able to talk with Josh at Excelerate, and the guys at B&B, the more I realized that they're all actually pretty standup guys.

I appreciate Josh's effort in finding an outstanding company and I appreciate B&B's effort in custom building an outstanding, high quality exhaust for us. Thanks guys.
Old 04-12-2008, 12:51 AM
94 DC4 RS LSV/Turbo

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
the slants look really much like the stock... most likely they went ahead and contoured it with the bumper... can't wait to see this stuff on the car
Old 04-12-2008, 01:11 AM
07 TL type S NBP!

I wanna hear this, I'm going mad! Looks nice

Quick Reply: '04-'08 TL Catback Exhaust by Excelerate!!!