Yeah......new Navi Disc soon!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2008 | 12:11 PM
The Golden One

I'm sorry...but when I make $45k a year and bust my ass doing so and George Clooney is making 100mil a year for being an ACTOR (ever see the behind the scenes shots of how a movie is made...I dunno, but if you ask me, looks like they have a grand old time making them), I find that completely "ludicrous". He makes more than the damn president, who I can guarantee has a harder job. I pay to see the movie in the theatre, that's all the money they'll get out of me.

If that means I have no integrity or class, then so be it. You can also go ahead and call me a cheap skate. .

ANYWAY...back to discussing the Navigation Disc. There are pirates out there. Plain and simple. That will not change, not now, not ever. End of discussion.
Old 01-07-2008 | 12:49 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by Ilya
I'm sorry. End of discussion.
Well, OK then.
Old 01-08-2008 | 08:17 AM
The Golden One

One more thing...I found this very funny and true:

Old 01-08-2008 | 10:38 AM
DMZ
Head a da Family

The whole basis for the arguments presented here is the greedy and insane upgrade price they're asking for the updated DVD. $150 - $200 is absolutely ludicrous, especially when buying it is reqiured just for adjusting to the new daylight savings time changes. So if people make copies, tuff nuggies!

I think $49.95 would be fair and reasonable. For that price, I'll bet they could have sold at least 5X as many as they have so far. Almost everyone would buy it, including me.

As for the music industry, I have no sympathies either. They grossly over charged the public for decades for their albums. All this file sharing going on is in reality nothing more than the basic law of physics taking over:
For every action, there's an equal and opposite reaction.
Old 01-08-2008 | 12:07 PM
The Golden One

One more thing...I found this very funny and true:

Hmm...picture got erased from the source but here is what it said:

P2P - Downloading movies is illegal. So is speeding, but we all do it.
Old 01-08-2008 | 07:31 PM
Advanced

P2P - Downloading movies is illegal. So is speeding, but we all do it.
We all used to smoke cigarettes too. Then we got smarter and were made aware there was a health issue with smoking, and now there's an issue with the protection of intellectual property rights. You guys are dinosaurs. I'm not going to belabor the point, but you need to think about it.
Old 01-09-2008 | 07:26 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by NimbleLooper
We all used to smoke cigarettes too. Then we got smarter and were made aware there was a health issue with smoking, and now there's an issue with the protection of intellectual property rights. You guys are dinosaurs. I'm not going to belabor the point, but you need to think about it.
I have to defend Ilya here, I too, share alot of his views and I too work hard for my 45K a year. If I had to pay for every piece of software bad or good that I want I'd be in the poorhouse. These companies are making millions of dollars a year on these products, I think they'll be OK. Am I saying it's moral? Nope. But let the first person including you nimble, thats NEVER downloaded a song on the internet throw the first stone. If you have , even once, your every bit as much of a pirate/criminal as we are so please, we all know you've downloaded a song. Put that stone down. Ilya, have you made any progress on the copy yet? I think I should just grab mine and see what I can do, I really need an updated one though, mine's uber old.
Old 01-09-2008 | 10:16 PM
The Golden One

No...I'm getting the disc on saturday supposedly. Unless someone wants to mail me theres earlier. This kid is kind of giving me the run around cause there really isn't anything in it for him. Plus, he's a realtor and I guess he uses his Navi constantly.
Old 01-10-2008 | 12:49 AM
Safety Car

I believe this discussion has gone on long enough.

Ilya, good luck with the backup. When you are successful, please update this thread: Burn DVD Nav disc?.

If you feel a need to express your opinions some more, Ramblings is a good place for that. Good luck.

This thread has reached its EOL.