Yeah......new Navi Disc soon!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2007, 11:33 AM
9th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Does anyone have the new Navigation disk? If so, would you be willing to look up my home address and see if they have added my subdivision? My subdivision is 3 years old and is just starting to show up in MapQuest and Google Maps. I don't want to invest in the money of a new DVD unless I can stop living in the middle of nowhere.
Old 12-15-2007, 04:08 PM
JGL
9th Gear

2004 TL - to update or not

From what I read here, its not really worth it to upgrade my 2004 TL to the new disc? Is that right?

So the maps look the same? Are there additional features available?

Thanks
Old 12-16-2007, 01:07 AM
9th Gear

The updates are incremental, and a bit underwhelming for the price

Originally Posted by JGL
From what I read here, its not really worth it to upgrade my 2004 TL to the new disc? Is that right?

Thanks
I haven't found an interesting new feature yet. My impression is that most of the features are baked into the hardware; the DVD is mainly maps and POIs.

I did notice an offramp number, but those are not widely used in the Bay Area. So, BFD.

When I see what's available in the newest GPS systems, for around $300, I'm tempted to just Velcro a TomTom to my dashboard and abandon this obsolete system.
Old 12-16-2007, 01:10 AM
9th Gear

It would be cool if that were a little easier...

Originally Posted by TriBruin
Does anyone have the new Navigation disk? If so, would you be willing to look up my home address and see if they have added my subdivision? My subdivision is 3 years old and is just starting to show up in MapQuest and Google Maps. I don't want to invest in the money of a new DVD unless I can stop living in the middle of nowhere.
If I could just pop the DVD into my PC, or jack my laptop into the TL (so I can surf Acurazine while I look at the Navi), I'd be all over that.

But I can't.
Old 12-16-2007, 01:12 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by JGL
Thanks
How about a Version 3.5 update ? I have one for sale if you're interested.
Old 12-16-2007, 06:58 PM
Advanced

Just ordered mine. And now it's backordered till Dec. 21
Old 12-18-2007, 07:55 AM
Keep Right Except to Pass

Received 45 Likes on 36 Posts
Originally Posted by JGL

Thanks
Depends on where you live. If there are a fair number of new roads, it might be worth it to you. I'm chuffed not to have 2 billion breadcrumbs being laid down a half-mile from home where there was a single road that the prior disc didn't show.
Old 12-20-2007, 06:47 PM
Advanced

Is it possible to just copy one of the navy dvd's for your particular model (white or orange disc) and use it? Has anyone tried just spinning a copy and seeing if it works? Just wondering...
Old 12-26-2007, 03:52 PM
7th Gear

In Chicago, I noticed that the new DVD actually knows that Lake Shore Dr. is a highway and routes me accordingly. That may be a feature introduced in the last couple years, though - this is my first update since getting the car in 2005.
Old 12-26-2007, 04:00 PM
The Golden One

Man if I had a CD I'd probably be able to figure out a way to get it to copy and be able to be read...unfortunately I do not have an Acura. Soon folks...soon. I'm in line for a promotion at work within the next week or so, so my earlier plan of getting a TL in late 08 is being expedited .
Old 12-27-2007, 08:34 AM
Trucki!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Ilya
Man if I had a CD I'd probably be able to figure out a way to get it to copy and be able to be read...unfortunately I do not have an Acura. Soon folks...soon. I'm in line for a promotion at work within the next week or so, so my earlier plan of getting a TL in late 08 is being expedited .
Many have said that, but no one has been able to. Believe me that alot of people have put alot of effort and wasted alot of disc's trying to burn a 3.x disc for 04-06 TL's. Aparently 4.x disc's for the 07-08's are easy to burn.
Old 12-27-2007, 09:11 AM
The Golden One

Originally Posted by lembowski
Many have said that, but no one has been able to. Believe me that alot of people have put alot of effort and wasted alot of disc's trying to burn a 3.x disc for 04-06 TL's. Aparently 4.x disc's for the 07-08's are easy to burn.
I don't want to put anyone down...but who were the people? Some of us in this world are umm...a little more gifted at the art of 'cracking'. That's all I'll say .
Old 12-27-2007, 09:24 AM
Trucki!!

I don't want to put anyone down...but who were the people? Some of us in this world are umm...a little more gifted at the art of 'cracking'. That's all I'll say .
Well use your gifted talents to search for the multiple threads that discuss burning these dvd's.
Old 12-27-2007, 09:28 AM
The Golden One

Well use your gifted talents to search for the multiple threads that discuss burning these dvd's.
Anyone can put a CD/DVD into a drive and try dragging files, disc-to-disc copy, etc. I will not reveal the methods I use, but I have successfully burned copies of highly protected video games for my older brother before.

If someone wants to borrow me their CD, I'll give it a wack. A friend of mine has an 05 so I can test it on his car.
Old 12-27-2007, 09:31 AM
Instructor

If someone wants to borrow me their CD, I'll give it a wack. A friend of mine has an 05 so I can test it on his car.
Can't your friend with the 05 just borrow you his CD?
Old 12-27-2007, 09:31 AM
The Golden One

Originally Posted by pikabb
Can't your friend with the 05 just borrow you his CD?
lol. Wow. Good thinking. Totally didn't realize that. lol. Man, talk about a brain fart.

I'll talk to him a little later about this and see if he wants to help you guys out. Keep ya'll posted.
Old 12-27-2007, 09:36 AM
The Golden One

My friend has an 06...so that should still be one of the 'problem discs'.
Old 12-27-2007, 09:42 AM
The Golden One

I won't be able to get my hands on it until sometime next week because he needs it right now. I'll keep you all posted.

Is there anything particular you guys want me to try? Or do you want me to just copy the disc in it's entirety and see if the burned copy is able to work?
Old 12-27-2007, 09:47 AM
Trucki!!

I won't be able to get my hands on it until sometime next week because he needs it right now. I'll keep you all posted.

Is there anything particular you guys want me to try? Or do you want me to just copy the disc in it's entirety and see if the burned copy is able to work?
Making a working copy...........

nothing else is needed
Old 12-27-2007, 09:51 AM
The Golden One

Making a working copy...........

nothing else is needed
Okay. I shall keep you posted then. Didn't know if you wanted the navi hacks to be incorporated, etc. But I guess as long as I succeed in my mission then the navi hacks anyone can do by themselves.
Old 12-27-2007, 10:00 AM
Advanced

Question

I am debating whether to purchase the latest navi disc. Does Acura update their disc every year? I wonder if future versions will have better updates.
Old 12-27-2007, 10:06 AM
DMZ
Head a da Family

Received 561 Likes on 393 Posts
My friend has an 06...so that should still be one of the 'problem discs'.
'04, 5, and 6 use the same orange disk.
Old 12-27-2007, 10:39 AM
it's me, Alan Rickman.

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by IN867
I am debating whether to purchase the latest navi disc. Does Acura update their disc every year? I wonder if future versions will have better updates.

They do, but most significant updates come via hardware changes / next generation of their Nav system.. I think the only updates the "orange" users will continue to get are map updates.. no new features
Old 12-28-2007, 08:53 PM
Intermediate

I think it's time for me to upgrade. I've had the same disc since '03.
Old 12-29-2007, 04:42 PM
Advanced

I'm interested to see Ilya's progress, I have the 03' orange disc also, for my 04' and I'm looking to upgrade. I would love to see if it's possible to get the copy to work, if so Ilya, maybe you can spin a copy of that 06' disc for me and we'll discuss a reward....
Old 01-06-2008, 11:50 AM
The Golden One

Originally Posted by thedeadmanx
I'm interested to see Ilya's progress, I have the 03' orange disc also, for my 04' and I'm looking to upgrade. I would love to see if it's possible to get the copy to work, if so Ilya, maybe you can spin a copy of that 06' disc for me and we'll discuss a reward....
I'm going to see that kid today. I will try to get him to give it to me today so I can burn 8 or 9 discs using different programs and different methods that I have at my disposal. I won't be able to try them until I see him for an extended period of time because I have no access to an 04-06 TL otherwise. My brother has an 08 and I could use his car as a test dummy any day, but obviously for this job, that wouldn't make a difference.

I'll keep ya'll posted.
Old 01-06-2008, 12:26 PM
Trucki!!

I'm going to see that kid today. I will try to get him to give it to me today so I can burn 8 or 9 discs using different programs and different methods that I have at my disposal. I won't be able to try them until I see him for an extended period of time because I have no access to an 04-06 TL otherwise. My brother has an 08 and I could use his car as a test dummy any day, but obviously for this job, that wouldn't make a difference.

I'll keep ya'll posted.
Get it working and alot of people will love you......honestly
Old 01-06-2008, 12:54 PM
~Da Nocturnal Cheetah~

Get it working and alot of people will love you......honestly
Only if he "borrow me" his CD!
Old 01-06-2008, 01:55 PM
Trucki!!

Originally Posted by darksom1
Only if he "borrow me" his CD!
damn post whore
Old 01-06-2008, 02:13 PM
Advanced

Someone please tell me why you'd wanna burn copies.
Old 01-06-2008, 04:00 PM
The Golden One

Originally Posted by NimbleLooper
Someone please tell me why you'd wanna burn copies.
For the same reason that everyone burns games and movies. Someone spends the money...and everyone else uses his copie(s). In this case, since I didn't pay for the stuff and borrowed it, if I do make a succesful copy, I will not be asking for any monetary giveback. However, if I am successful and your heart tells you to paypal me something out of a 'love offering' then please, by all means, do so. lol.

Update:

My friend is a realtor and needs his CD this week. He said he will give it to me next saturday night after church service and I'll work on it over night and give it back to him during sundays service. I shall keep you all posted. Another week fellas, and I'll start working. Bare with me.
Old 01-06-2008, 07:19 PM
~Da Nocturnal Cheetah~

damn post whore
Sticks (ouch) and stones...

Me want hook-up Cali!
Old 01-06-2008, 07:44 PM
Advanced

For the same reason that everyone burns games and movies. Someone spends the money...and everyone else uses his copie(s).
I think it's wrong, but I won't bother explaining why.
Old 01-06-2008, 08:26 PM
The Golden One

Originally Posted by NimbleLooper
I think it's wrong, but I won't bother explaining why.
I think it's wrong in most cases too but there are cases when I think it's completely normal and deserved. For example:

When EA Sports makes NBA Live 08 look AMAZING for Xbox 360...and then releases the biggest pile of shit for the PC (it's basically 07 all over again...same graphics...same animations...) there is NO WAY ON EARTH I'm spending $40 for the same game. So I downloaded it.

Or how about this:

Windows Vista when it first came out, cost an arm and a leg. Most games did not work for it and it was a HUGE resource hog. I downloaded it, used it, hated it, and went back to XP. Now, had I spent $300 on Vista, I would have lost money.

Companies put out shit and then expect us to pay for it? Hell no. Ain't happening. I'd rather download it, get my use of it (if I can even) and then ditch it until something better comes out that DOES deserve to be bought.

As for movies. I paid my $10 to see it in the theatre. That's all they'll get out of me.

I think this whole war about P2P networks, music downloading, etc. is the biggest pile of crap. It's not like once it happened artists and movie starts stopped making money. They still make more than 90% of the world population.

I don't know how much these Navi discs go for...but to charge $$$ for a CD with updated maps is BS. It should be part of the price you paid (infinite updates for GPS). The kid who I'm waiting to borrow his CD said it costs like $500 from the dealer. Is that true? How much do these things cost? If it is $500...I will work that much harder to crack it and get a working copy. That way only one of us spends that much money on a fricken updated MAP.
Old 01-06-2008, 08:33 PM
The Golden One

People are greedy SOB's. More more more more money. I work hard for my $45k a year and they act (not saying it's easy but come on...it can't possibly be as hard as some of the things we 'normal' people do for a living) and they want me to pay to see the movie in the theatre, pay to download it, pay to order it on TV, pay to own it on DVD, etc. etc. etc. That's BS.
Old 01-06-2008, 08:35 PM
~Da Nocturnal Cheetah~

I think it's wrong in most cases too but there are cases when I think it's completely normal and deserved. For example:

When EA Sports makes NBA Live 08 look AMAZING for Xbox 360...and then releases the biggest pile of shit for the PC (it's basically 07 all over again...same graphics...same animations...) there is NO WAY ON EARTH I'm spending $40 for the same game. So I downloaded it.

Or how about this:

Windows Vista when it first came out, cost an arm and a leg. Most games did not work for it and it was a HUGE resource hog. I downloaded it, used it, hated it, and went back to XP. Now, had I spent $300 on Vista, I would have lost money.

Companies put out shit and then expect us to pay for it? Hell no. Ain't happening. I'd rather download it, get my use of it (if I can even) and then ditch it until something better comes out that DOES deserve to be bought.

As for movies. I paid my $10 to see it in the theatre. That's all they'll get out of me.

I think this whole war about P2P networks, music downloading, etc. is the biggest pile of crap. It's not like once it happened artists and movie starts stopped making money. They still make more than 90% of the world population.

I don't know how much these Navi discs go for...but to charge $$$ for a CD with updated maps is BS. It should be part of the price you paid (infinite updates for GPS). The kid who I'm waiting to borrow his CD said it costs like $500 from the dealer. Is that true? How much do these things cost? If it is $500...I will work that much harder to crack it and get a working copy. That way only one of us spends that much money on a fricken updated MAP.
Yo kid, breathe man...lol...too much attention can be negative attention...back to the lab man!
Old 01-06-2008, 08:38 PM
The Golden One

Sorry . I like to argue, debate and voice my opinion. I'm very opinionated hehe (might be a bad thing at times but it is what it is). How much does a Navi Disc cost?
Old 01-06-2008, 11:43 PM
Trucki!!

$200 normally, these new updates are $150.................
Old 01-06-2008, 11:50 PM
The Golden One

That's still a ridiculous price...
Old 01-07-2008, 09:23 AM
Advanced

People are greedy SOB's. More more more more money. I work hard for my $45k a year and they act (not saying it's easy but come on...it can't possibly be as hard as some of the things we 'normal' people do for a living) and they want me to pay to see the movie in the theatre, pay to download it, pay to order it on TV, pay to own it on DVD, etc. etc. etc. That's BS.
Listen to yourself. Your whining justifications are ludicrous. Robbers and burglars spout that same line as an excuse to rip off others. You have neither integrity nor class.

Quick Reply: Yeah......new Navi Disc soon!!