Would the new Isimple MediaWire PRO which plays video work through the navi system

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2011 | 01:06 PM
4th Gear

Would the new Isimple MediaWire PRO which plays video work through the navi system

Would the New Isimple MediaWire PRO which plays video work through the navi system of a 05 Tl?
Old 04-06-2011 | 04:44 PM
4th Gear

I guess no one knows
Old 04-06-2011 | 04:49 PM
4th Gear

this is the product http://isimplesolutions.com/connecto...O-IS76PRO.aspx
Old 04-06-2011 | 04:52 PM
Burning Brakes

Looks pretty cool, I wonder if it works with our cars..
Old 04-06-2011 | 05:52 PM
Bone stock tl-s

Yea it will work, provided you have a nav2go or doms navigation to video converter. It has universal A/V cables and charges the phone. Pretty much the same thing as the apple A/V cables only this has a remote. Not sure however where the sensor for it is or where it would be mounted unless it sends the signal directly to the iPhone itself. I'm thinking the sensor is on the dock part of the cable or the main box where the power wire comes from. remote is kinda useless unless you want the back passenger in charge of what you want playing. since the device would be right next to you while driving It's pointless. I got my Apple A/V cables on eBay for $20 which is pretty much the same minus the remote.
Old 04-07-2011 | 01:00 PM
4th Gear

Thanks i was just curious. about how much did the whole set up cost u?
Old 04-07-2011 | 01:19 PM
10th Gear

Originally Posted by jptl04
Yea it will work, provided you have a nav2go or doms navigation to video converter. It has universal A/V cables and charges the phone. Pretty much the same thing as the apple A/V cables only this has a remote. Not sure however where the sensor for it is or where it would be mounted unless it sends the signal directly to the iPhone itself. I'm thinking the sensor is on the dock part of the cable or the main box where the power wire comes from. remote is kinda useless unless you want the back passenger in charge of what you want playing. since the device would be right next to you while driving It's pointless. I got my Apple A/V cables on eBay for $20 which is pretty much the same minus the remote.
So what all did you need to make video and audio work thru the Nav?

Gateway, Apple A/V Cables, Nav2Go?
Old 04-07-2011 | 05:34 PM
Bone stock tl-s

Originally Posted by BlackCrow
So what all did you need to make video and audio work thru the Nav?

Gateway, Apple A/V Cables, Nav2Go?
to get video though the nav you need the nav2go, that has video inputs to which you connect the Video cable from the apple composite A/V cable. when you turn on the nav2go the video signal you connected will play on the nav screen. for audio to get optimal sound quality i suggest you get the PIEx3 aux input interface. that connects directly behind the radio in your dash. the audio cables from the apple cable go to that. thats how you get the sound or audio. the gateway is for audio ipod controls only, no video signal comes through that cable. so to have both video playback and full ipod controls via the oem steering wheel controls and radio you'll need two docks or two cables. a single cable for both does not exist.

so for video and audio from an ipod or iphone you need
1. apple A/V cable
2. nav2go
3. PIEX3

heres a video of my set up, FYI, i made the dock you cant buy it anywhere.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QtN2rNk952U
Old 04-07-2011 | 06:32 PM
10th Gear

to get video though the nav you need the nav2go, that has video inputs to which you connect the Video cable from the apple composite A/V cable. when you turn on the nav2go the video signal you connected will play on the nav screen. for audio to get optimal sound quality i suggest you get the PIEx3 aux input interface. that connects directly behind the radio in your dash. the audio cables from the apple cable go to that. thats how you get the sound or audio. the gateway is for audio ipod controls only, no video signal comes through that cable. so to have both video playback and full ipod controls via the oem steering wheel controls and radio you'll need two docks or two cables. a single cable for both does not exist.

so for video and audio from an ipod or iphone you need
1. apple A/V cable
2. nav2go
3. PIEX3

heres a video of my set up, FYI, i made the dock you cant buy it anywhere.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QtN2rNk952U
Ok dude, that is awesome...you have photos on how you built the dock? not sure you want to share, but that is awesome...
Old 04-07-2011 | 06:57 PM
Bone stock tl-s

Originally Posted by BlackCrow
Ok dude, that is awesome...you have photos on how you built the dock? not sure you want to share, but that is awesome...
thanks. sure here you go https://acurazine.com/forums/3g-tl-photograph-gallery-96/real-custom-iphone-dock-3gs-lots-pics-749864/ materials can be bought at any local hardware store, just take a little skill

i now have an iphone4 and it works perfectly and fits just the same
Old 04-07-2011 | 07:04 PM
10th Gear

thanks. sure here you go https://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=749864 materials can be bought at any local hardware store, just take a little skill

i now have an iphone4 and it works perfectly and fits just the same
I only recently purchased a 2004 TL and also have an iPhone 4. Thanks for the info, I may give it a try.