Wiring Subwoofer Clarification

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2017, 12:23 AM
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wiring Subwoofer Clarification

This is a new thread to gain clarification on an older thread I made about how to wire an aftermarket mono sub amp in addition to the stock sub that came with my 2006 TL (https://acurazine.com/forums/3g-tl-a...woofer-959636/). justnspace gave me instructions on how to use a LOC to tab the sub for the aftermarket amp. A couple things were not very clear though: My LOC has a left positive/negative and a right positive/negative input as well as a ground (although my understanding is that this is not likely needed). The LOC then has a right and left RCA output to plug into the aftermarket amp. If it is just a subwoofer (only one speaker) why does it need a left and right channel? If I'm tapping the stock sub would i simply attach both the left and right positive wires from the LOC to the positive lead on the sub and the both the left and right negative wires from the LOC to the negative lead on the stock sub? If not just one of the channels?
I guess justnspace might reply to this thread too though. (if so thanks)
Old 08-12-2017, 11:48 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 45 Likes on 42 Posts
You probably just need a RCA y-adapter to split the signal to the two inputs on your sub amp.

Actually I have no idea what you said... Sorry.

You do not connect the loc directly to the sub.

Last edited by stevemk07; 08-12-2017 at 11:50 AM.