Will the USA Spec work with MusicLink Adapter?

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2006, 01:56 PM
Need More HP!!!

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts
Will the USA Spec work with MusicLink Adapter?

Will the USA Spec work with the MusicLink ipod cord (which is quite longer than the usa-spec) ipod cord?

thank you
Old 07-26-2006, 02:45 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by gman44116
Will the USA Spec work with the MusicLink ipod cord (which is quite longer than the usa-spec) ipod cord?

thank you
i believe some have used it w/o a problem. I however am using it, and am having problems with it.

My current issues are as such: (I have my Ipod set to Direct mode, so i can control it with the ipod, and I have the switch off for the aux input so that I can play my DVDs).

When using the ipod, the sound is great. However, when i want to switch back to XM, the XM sounds very muffled. For me, the only way to get the XM to sound normal is if i pulll out the plug from the USA Spec to the radio, OR if i switch the Aux input to ON (And my USA Spec is in a hard to reach area, so it's kind of a PITA).

Secondly, when i switch to my Aux input (Vantec Media Player), in order to get a good sound, I have to unplug and replug the plug that goes to the radio. I have contacted USA Spec about 3 times regarding my problems, but they haven't responded to me yet.
Old 07-26-2006, 02:50 PM
Trucki!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Well I can tell you the longer blitzsafe cord will NOT work. If the musiclink wire works great......question is where can you buy just the cord? Also, you might just want to see if you like running the ipod from a different area instead of where your planning. I have my ipod coming out of the top center console. It is very convienent and I can put the ipod and cord in there and close it leaving no trace behind. When its there, the cord is actually too long.
Old 07-26-2006, 03:47 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by lembowski
Well I can tell you the longer blitzsafe cord will NOT work. If the musiclink wire works great......question is where can you buy just the cord? Also, you might just want to see if you like running the ipod from a different area instead of where your planning. I have my ipod coming out of the top center console. It is very convienent and I can put the ipod and cord in there and close it leaving no trace behind. When its there, the cord is actually too long.
I bought mine at my local Acura dealer. Cost me about $20. I ran my ipod cable from the USA Spec (under the steering wheel, right side), to the bottom accessory console (the one w/ the 12V outlet). I agree, the cord is very long. I had to zip tie it a bit to make it shorter.