Why does my Navi......

Old 08-17-2010, 11:45 PM
B A N N E D

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Why does my Navi......

I did a navi conversion (08 TL non-navi to 08 TL navi) and I have some questions. If you can, please answer all:

1. My GF just pick up a 07 CR-V w/Navi. Her navi screen tells the date (eg. Tuesday August 17th). My Acura Navi doesn't do this. Does yours??

2. I have yet to install the XM Unit in the trunk that would allow me to receive traffic updates (provided I pay the monthlty XM subscription). If I replace the one that is currently in the trunk with the updated one, will my "radio code" still stay the same? Will I still have my XM subscription uniterruppted?

3. I have read on this forum that people are able to save messages to their Navi. I don't even have this option. Can anyone please enlighten me?
Old 08-18-2010, 06:37 AM
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by Riga89
I did a navi conversion (08 TL non-navi to 08 TL navi) and I have some questions. If you can, please answer all:

1. My GF just pick up a 07 CR-V w/Navi. Her navi screen tells the date (eg. Tuesday August 17th). My Acura Navi doesn't do this. Does yours??

2. I have yet to install the XM Unit in the trunk that would allow me to receive traffic updates (provided I pay the monthlty XM subscription). If I replace the one that is currently in the trunk with the updated one, will my "radio code" still stay the same? Will I still have my XM subscription uniterruppted?

3. I have read on this forum that people are able to save messages to their Navi. I don't even have this option. Can anyone please enlighten me?
Hey man congrats on the nav conversion.. i added the 07-08 navi in my non navi 06.

1- U have a calendar in the system.. just not sure it displays the actual date info. I never use it so never really paid attn.

2- In addition to the XM receiver in the trunk you will need the roof antenna and wiring for it. I believe the antenna new is like 50 bucks and not sure on harness. I believe the code goes with the radio.. when i got my nav screen and radio it had xm service alrdy hooked up once i powered everything on. However, im not sure.. fact the service worked could either of been due to the radio or the receiver i installed.

3- Mine also currently has messages saved in it from the previous owner.. a bunch of ERROR codes, i assume from it being in an accident thus being totaled and me getting the navi system from the car. I assume you have looked thru your setup options etc? Have you gone into the DIAG mode?

Did you add the back up cam while u were at it?

Keep us posted
Old 08-18-2010, 01:22 PM
B A N N E D

Originally Posted by Mjakaz06TL
Hey man congrats on the nav conversion.. i added the 07-08 navi in my non navi 06.

1- U have a calendar in the system.. just not sure it displays the actual date info. I never use it so never really paid attn.

2- In addition to the XM receiver in the trunk you will need the roof antenna and wiring for it. I believe the antenna new is like 50 bucks and not sure on harness. I believe the code goes with the radio.. when i got my nav screen and radio it had xm service alrdy hooked up once i powered everything on. However, im not sure.. fact the service worked could either of been due to the radio or the receiver i installed.

3- Mine also currently has messages saved in it from the previous owner.. a bunch of ERROR codes, i assume from it being in an accident thus being totaled and me getting the navi system from the car. I assume you have looked thru your setup options etc? Have you gone into the DIAG mode?

Did you add the back up cam while u were at it?

Keep us posted
1. I have yet to check out the calander. I'll look into this and get back to you.

2. I already have the XM service in my car now; I've had it for the past 2 years+. Also, did you install the XM receiver in the trunk? Do you have Nav Traffic?

3. I've never gone into DIAG mode. I need to spend some more time playing with the nav system to get to know it better.

Btw.... Yes, I did hook up a back-up camera. Love it, makes parking that much easier.
Old 08-18-2010, 01:28 PM
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Yes i did a 100% conversion. I used the nav traffic when XM offered it for free 2 months ago.. its pretty cool, shows only interstate traffic and then shows construction and accidents which u can click on and it gives u some minor details.

What i didnt like about it was u have to be zoomed out to a 1/4 mile for it to display. Well i like having mine zoomed all the way in or out 1 level.

U may alrdy have the service but not sure if the # is stored in the XM receiver or radio... if its in radio ur good but if in the receiver then the code would change and therefor your service wont work, id think XM would let u transfer the service to the new #. Maybe tell em ur xm receiver went bad so u replaced with a new one. Assuming xm code is in the receiver again.
Old 08-18-2010, 05:05 PM
B A N N E D

Yeah, I'm wodering if anybody knows FOR SURE whether the XM code is in the radio or the receiver. Can anybody help me out?? I'm sure other members would like to know.
Old 08-18-2010, 05:09 PM
ScoobyZINE

Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts
Not sure about a navi but in my non-navi the XM code is displayed on the radio.
Old 08-19-2010, 10:13 PM
Keep Right Except to Pass

Received 44 Likes on 35 Posts
Originally Posted by Riga89

Nobody seems to have addressed this point. You can put reminders to yourself on the Navi's calendar so that they'll pop up on a particular day. For example, the due date for my payment for NHL Winter Classic tickets is this Monday. If I were still commuting to downtown DC, I could go into the Navi's calendar, select Monday's date, and type in a note to myself that would pop up first thing Monday morning to remind me to log into the Capitals' website when I got to work to make the payment.

Not sure if that's what you had in mind with the question noted above, but that's the method I know of for "saving messages" to the Navi. It's essentially an electronic version of writing something on your desk calendar or on the magnetic calendar on your kitchen refrigerator.
Old 08-19-2010, 10:56 PM
6spd FTW

Received 49 Likes on 33 Posts
XM/Sirius Radio ID's are stored in the XM/Sirius hardware only.
Old 08-21-2010, 02:29 AM
B A N N E D

Originally Posted by Tehvine
XM/Sirius Radio ID's are stored in the XM/Sirius hardware only.
What does this mean? Can you be more specific? If I change the XM receiver in the trunk, will this change my 'radio code'. I would like to know.