Want to set up my entertaiment console

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2011, 11:31 AM
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Want to set up my entertaiment console

HI EVERYONE I NEED SOME GOOD ADVICE. IM A NOOBIE HERE IN DA FORUM. I JUST BOUGHT AN 06 ACURA TL W/NAVEGATION SYST. I WANT TO HOOK UP A DVD PLAYER, A REAR CAMARA , IPOD ETC. YOU NOW MAKE DA CAR MORE ENJOYABLE WHEN TRAVELING ON THE ROAD. I'VE DONE SOME READING IN HERE BUT I'M STILL CONFUSED. CAN ANY ONE GIVE ME AN ADVISISE ON WHCH DVD PLAYER SHOULD I GET, ALSO WHICH VIDEO CONVERTER SHOULD I USE FOR THIS SET UP (THE WHOLE 9 YARDS). ONCE AGAIN PARDON FOR MY IGNORANCE, ANY TIP FROM THE FORUM WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED.
Old 03-29-2011, 11:35 AM
Coolest A-zine Member

Received 172 Likes on 163 Posts

Haha just playin' with ya. Do some searching using the "search' function up top and you will find tons of threads over the different Ipod adapters. Pro's and con's of each, etc. Congrats of the new TL and welcome to the boards!
Old 03-29-2011, 11:35 AM

Received 16,263 Likes on 11,973 Posts
Originally Posted by Justnspace
you need to purchase several pieces of hardware in order to get the nav to successfully play dvds.

-Converter. Most commonly used is Dom's NAV2go.
-DVD player. Most commonly used is the Myron &Davis AD212, although you could use any kind of dvd player
- audio input device. most commonly used is the P.I.E. X3

Originally Posted by justnspace
you need to purchase some hardware.

you need an "input" device that allows the nav to "see" the dvd player.
most commonly used "input" device is the "DOM's Nav2go" unit.
I have the "A/V electronics dvd to nav" unit.

of course you will need a dvd player.
then to get the audio, you need to purchase an audio input device such as the Pie x3 or an Isimple.

wire all 3 components together and you are able to watch dvds on your nav.
Originally Posted by AckTL05
You need the DOMs unit or NAVTOOL. Its the ONLY way. Unit is about $200 and it also allows you to have a back up camera. You then need an aux unit which a good one is the PIE X3 or you can use the ISIMPLE.
Originally Posted by THE GARAGE YOU NOOB
Q: How do I add DVD/media player support?
A: There are three main parts required to add dvd/media player support: video module, audio module, dvd/media player.

In order to add video input to the factory navigation system, you will need to purchase a video interface. The video interface will provide the video RCA connections. The most popular is Dom's TVandNav2Go module - as known for short as Dom's unit, Dom, Nav2Go and variations thereof. Since he is a vendor on here, you will find group buys here for this module here: Sponsored Sales & Group Buys.

In order to add audio input(s) to the factory head unit, you will need to purchase an audio interface. The audio interface will provide the audio (usually RCA, but can be aux-in) connections. They are outlined in the Audio section of this FAQ. I would recommend Blitzsafe HON/AUX DMX if you don't care for iPod integration, USA Spec PA11-HON2y for iPod + one aux input, or PIE X3 for three aux inputs.

Lastly, is your media device. With the two main modules above you can then incorporate DVD/PS2/XBOX/Carputer/Mediagate to the factory system.

Here are some threads on Dom's TVandNav2Go with DVD players:
Diy: Dom's Pnp W/ Pictures!!! 3G Garage #I-157
DVD Conversion Install Complete in Lower Compartment Below Radio - Pictures Included!
TVandNav2Go, Valor iLink, DVD Changer, and PIE X3 & Jensen A/V Switches Installed
DIY: DOM (TVnNAV2Go) Unit Installed in the 2007 TL-S

Q: How about support for video from other media devices/players?
TVandNav2Go, Mediagate MG-25P, and PIE X3 Installed
Microsoft Zune installed into Nav screen w/pics
2005 TL w/NAV - Xbox Project (The Quest Begins...)
Using PSTwo (new slim one) as DVD in glovebox
People who watch DVD's/PS2 in your TL.
Mediagate MG-350HD
Q: I have navi and a video iPod. How do I display videos from my iPod on the navigation screen?
A: With a video module like the TVandNav2Go, adding support for the video iPod is not difficult. Here are some threads that discusses the details:
PIEx3 vs PA11-HON2Y
Rookie basics - IPOD Video thru Navi System
Other iPod Interfaces: DLO Homedock Deluxe and Griffin TuneCenter
The Doms unit goes for I believe $300 new. although, you can find them on the black market used for $120-190

the dvd player, you're gonna have to hunt for. I found some on ebay used for 100 dollars. But again, you could use any kind of dvd player. Just need to be creative on the placement of the player.

the pie x3 is 35 bux from amazon....you will need the honda harness which is another 20-30 bucks.
I'm not to sure how much the isimple is, as I dont have an ipod.

and then any misc. parts such as wires, add a fuses, etc.

Last edited by justnspace; 03-29-2011 at 11:38 AM.
Old 03-29-2011, 11:54 AM
Coolest A-zine Member

Received 172 Likes on 163 Posts
good post
Old 03-29-2011, 12:08 PM
3rd Gear

ok guys thanx for da advice im gonna fallow it , my next ? is where can i buy Dom's NAV2go tool, Myron &Davis AD212, P.I.E. X3. Any link for these products? I've tried searching online but all i get is pictures of the products.Thanx once again
Old 03-29-2011, 12:16 PM

I guess you didnt really read....

The Doms unit goes for I believe $300 new. although, you can find them on the black market used for $120-190

the dvd player, you're gonna have to hunt for. I found some on ebay used for 100 dollars. But again, you could use any kind of dvd player. Just need to be creative on the placement of the player.

the pie x3 is 35 bux from amazon....you will need the honda harness which is another 20-30 bucks.
I'm not to sure how much the isimple is, as I dont have an ipod.

and then any misc. parts such as wires, add a fuses, etc.
Old 03-29-2011, 12:20 PM

http://www.tvandnav2go.com/index.php
Old 03-29-2011, 12:30 PM
3rd Gear

thanx i found da P.I.E. X3 for a good price in amazon and the harness as well also thanx for da link for the nav2go link... got in touch with them, quite expensive on the peripheral o well thats what it is. I'm going to tackle this on my own in a few days. I will post pixx once I'm done with it. Thanx for da good advice y'all