Very low speaker volume

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2013, 04:59 AM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Very low speaker volume

I just noticed this morning driving to work that i can turn my volume up to 40 and it sounds like my volume is only at 20?? I went to every speaker and each one puts out the same volume NOT much at all.. I have not messed with anything all OEM.. Are i going deaf or is there a real issue here??? Any opinions amp going bad??? 04 btw..
Thanks all
Old 02-05-2013, 08:39 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 66 Likes on 28 Posts
Thumbs down Welcome To The Club

Your symptoms are all too familiar to those of us whose amp has gone tits up. My TL has less than 30k miles and the audio has never been abused. It started dieing at about 7 years. Now, it has good days and bad days but is never "right". The left channels are almost gone.

Search "amp" or "amplifier" and find the various threads discussing this.

You will also note on reviewing Consumer Reports ratings of Acuras that the 3rd Gen TLs have a big black spot re: audio systems. Their reliability sucks but don't look to the dealership or factory for any help if you're out of warranty. They will sell you a new amp for about $500. Online parts discounters will sell you one for about $380. Or, you can hunt for a used one from someone who upgraded their system. If you do that, you are still getting an OEM amp that has a propensity for failure.

I don't have any info on getting them repaired or the cost to do so.
Old 02-05-2013, 11:26 PM
Intermediate

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Xpditor
Your symptoms are all too familiar to those of us whose amp has gone tits up. My TL has less than 30k miles and the audio has never been abused. It started dieing at about 7 years. Now, it has good days and bad days but is never "right". The left channels are almost gone.

Search "amp" or "amplifier" and find the various threads discussing this.

You will also note on reviewing Consumer Reports ratings of Acuras that the 3rd Gen TLs have a big black spot re: audio systems. Their reliability sucks but don't look to the dealership or factory for any help if you're out of warranty. They will sell you a new amp for about $500. Online parts discounters will sell you one for about $380. Or, you can hunt for a used one from someone who upgraded their system. If you do that, you are still getting an OEM amp that has a propensity for failure.

I don't have any info on getting them repaired or the cost to do so.
Could this be the reason my bass never goes up past volume 10 with an aftermarket sub system that's getting it's signal from the stock sub wires?
Old 02-07-2013, 10:10 AM
HASTA LA VICTORIA'

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by JoeChege
Could this be the reason my bass never goes up past volume 10 with an aftermarket sub system that's getting it's signal from the stock sub wires?

Yep... Same thing with mine, going after market ftw!