Valentine One Hardwire

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2005, 07:43 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Valentine One Hardwire

i'm about to hardwire my valentine one into my tl---did you use the connector that came with the detector? I'm guessing that can just splice onto the Add-a-circuit? I haven't looked at the dash yet---any pointers on taking it apart (Pillars, floor panel, etc.) to fit in the connections? Thanks!!!

Jay
Old 01-04-2005, 07:45 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I did NOT use the connector that came with it. At the end of the add a circuit there is a "butt splice something or other" and if you simply strip a little bit of the red covering away from over the hard wire unit from the wire below - you can put that into the end of the barrell of the butt splice thingy (sorry no technical terms lol) and crimp it.

If you want, you can use the blue adapter that is included with the V1 and splice it in - but I did it without that.

You really dont have to take apart much in the car to do it... the phone cord runs from the V1 to the headliner...and you can simply put it there... just pull down on the headliner slightly where it meets the windshield and push the wire back behind that...

as far as the pillar (where the side airbag is) some people have taken that off to get the wire down..but i simply pushed it into the seem between the headliner and the pillar (airbag) section...

then it went to the rubber seal along the door frame... you can simply pull that down (it will take a little bit of effort)and you can run the wire in there... there is a small gap between the pillar/airbag section and the metal of the frame of the car.... then down to the vinyl floor panel...those are kind of difficult to get out, but not very bad... they simply pop out..they use clips..

do a search for how to take those out, if you cant find something - ill scan a couple pages on how to remove them

btw, sorry jayc - should be in the electronics section i THINK... im sure one of the mods will move it when they see it
Old 01-04-2005, 08:51 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 86 Likes on 30 Posts
There are a few threads in Garage containing V1 stuff. Would you consider to take a look?
Old 01-05-2005, 07:28 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
V1 hard wire

I didn't really want to run the wire all the way around my windshield, so I just tapped into the sunroof switched power. I've had it in place for 5 months and it works great. By the way I did use the connectors that came with the V1 kit.

Prior to this install in the TL, I had this same detector installed in my M3. Tapped into a similar wire on that car too.

I've seen no ill effects from the install and since I am using the hardware supplied with the kit it's still fused.
Old 01-05-2005, 07:30 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by vdubgruven
I didn't really want to run the wire all the way around my windshield, so I just tapped into the sunroof switched power. I've had it in place for 5 months and it works great. By the way I did use the connectors that came with the V1 kit.

Prior to this install in the TL, I had this same detector installed in my M3. Tapped into a similar wire on that car too.

I've seen no ill effects from the install and since I am using the hardware supplied with the kit it's still fused.
I learnt from my TSX not to tap into existing wires. If anything goes wrong with the component you are tapping into (in your case the sunroof) then the warranty would be void. Acura leaves open a few empty fuse slots (two that are constant and two ignition) so why not use them and be safer? Thats just how I was thinking though.

I know a lot of people who did it with the sunroof wire - and more than likely there wont be any problems with it, but I don't have good luckw ith cars lol.