V1 concealed Display on TL?

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2004, 05:23 AM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
V1 concealed Display on TL?

Does anyone use a V1 with the concealed power display? Was curious if it would fit in the power outlet, I know the power outlet is re-cessed a bit and the lip of the concealed power plug might not make it in.

Anyone know?

Kevin
Old 08-30-2004, 10:02 AM
Shift_faster

Originally Posted by kevin922
Does anyone use a V1 with the concealed power display? Was curious if it would fit in the power outlet, I know the power outlet is re-cessed a bit and the lip of the concealed power plug might not make it in.

Anyone know?

Kevin
I have used it that way. It does fit (very tightly, but it will fit). Unfortunately the concealed display was absolutely useless to me there, because that is nowhere close to my vision range. I have to look down, around my shifter in order to see what is going on.

I still havent figured out a good solution to where to hardwire the concealed display. I believe some people have some intricate systems set up though. Can't find the threads right now...sorry.
Old 08-30-2004, 10:12 AM
Advanced

I found a very awesome product for BMWs, wish they had it for TL

http://www.jaricdesign.com/products.htm
Old 08-30-2004, 10:23 AM
TLover

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
nice. a little too much, but i like that accept feature.
Old 08-30-2004, 04:04 PM
Advanced

I just posted in the forum asking them to develop that product for the TL. Everyone interested should go post in their forum under my post.

FYI, the product should display the ValentineOne info. on the navi. display or in the MID if they can make it do what it does in the BMW's.
Old 08-30-2004, 08:03 PM
Intermediate

Ok I just emailed the compny to see if they would be willing to make this for the TL we will seee what kind of response we get from them. If we need to put together a Group BUY I am sure there are people who would be into this plus would have to get a much better price cause $200 is to much I think
Old 08-30-2004, 09:24 PM
Instructor

My V1 remote display is hardwired in the bottom cubbie, next to the power outlet, secured to the underside of the pivoting door. The wire goes through a hole in the back wall of the cubbie. When I need to hide it I just push the door closed. And it looks cool when you open it and the display just appears.

V1 is in the upper left hand side of the window. It's invisible from the front or back and even when you lean in from the outside you can't see it. I've had V1's mounted there for 10 years and have had great success avoiding the flashing lights.

I don't think you need the remote display in your direct line of sight. When you get a weak signal you have more than enough time to glance down at the display ( at least I seem to ) to figure out from which direction the threat is coming. If its' throwing multiple threats I usually just let up on the gas then glance down at the remote display. I value the remote display for it's stealth: blacking out the main display to travelers from behind and for when I lock up my car other than my garage. My V1 is hardwire but when I leave the car I don't have to remove anything yet you can't even tell it's there.
Old 08-30-2004, 10:04 PM
TLover

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by ZQQM
My V1 remote display is hardwired in the bottom cubbie, next to the power outlet, secured to the underside of the pivoting door. The wire goes through a hole in the back wall of the cubbie. When I need to hide it I just push the door closed. And it looks cool when you open it and the display just appears.

V1 is in the upper left hand side of the window. It's invisible from the front or back and even when you lean in from the outside you can't see it. I've had V1's mounted there for 10 years and have had great success avoiding the flashing lights.

I don't think you need the remote display in your direct line of sight. When you get a weak signal you have more than enough time to glance down at the display ( at least I seem to ) to figure out from which direction the threat is coming. If its' throwing multiple threats I usually just let up on the gas then glance down at the remote display. I value the remote display for it's stealth: blacking out the main display to travelers from behind and for when I lock up my car other than my garage. My V1 is hardwire but when I leave the car I don't have to remove anything yet you can't even tell it's there.

can u take a pic. i cant seem to understand where exactly did u put it.
Old 08-30-2004, 11:52 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by kevin922

Anyone know?

Kevin
My solution is not nearly as cool as others here have posted, but...

My V1 is not hardwired...I set it up for long highway trips only.

I experimented with the concealed display in the power adapter area, but I also found that not having it in my line of vision was annoying. So now I have attached a small piece of velcro just behind my steering wheel. When I set up the V1, the concealed display gets velcro'd there, and the unit itself goes on the passenger-side visor. It is powered from the power adapter in the dashboard...the one that cen be hidden behind the closing door, behind the gear shifter.

I run the cable from the V1 unit behind the rearview mirror, so the cable is not that annoying. The other cable runs up to the concealed display, but of course connects on the wrong side of the display, which is annoying. I actually wrote to V1, to see if they would make a concealed display with the jack on the other side, since that would work better for me, (and I expect hundreds of other people) but it doesn't seem likely.

Anyway, that is my solution, cludgy as it may be.
Andy W.
Old 08-31-2004, 05:50 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by northjerseyacura
Ok I just emailed the compny to see if they would be willing to make this for the TL we will seee what kind of response we get from them. If we need to put together a Group BUY I am sure there are people who would be into this plus would have to get a much better price cause $200 is to much I think

I beat you to that one, they responding back with a lengthy email that consisted of the word "No" and that was about it