USA Spec pa15-hon3 installation question

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2011, 09:58 PM
Slowly But Surely

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy USA Spec pa15-hon3 installation question

I'm wondering if I am missing something. I installed my pa15-hon3 inside my 2005 TL nav & xm in the trunk to the xm tuner. As soon as I tried to go to XM1 to access the iPod (3rd gen Touch iOS 5) I realized that I lost XM as an option completely. I continually pressed the XM button to no avail. Tape, CD & AM/FM all worked fine. I unhooked it & replaced factory harness to the tuner … voilá … XM came back like normal. After several hooking & unhooking, it was consistent. Hooked up … no XM at all. Unhooked, XM resumed as normal. Am I missing a step (i.e. unhooking car battery or anything of the sort) or am I gonna contact my dealer cuz my product is defective? The iPod powers up when the interface is hooked up & the car is turned on. But no XM option whatsoever. Any help is appreciated. Thanx in advance.
Old 11-24-2011, 12:09 AM
Slowly But Surely

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb

Never mind. I spoke with a tech from USA Spec and he told me that my model year has to install behind the head unit. Thanx anyway.
Old 11-26-2011, 02:01 AM
BRB..Shifting!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Yeah, it goes behind the head unit. Took me about 20mins to install it. There is little space to plug it behind it but keep trying u will get it eventually! lol
Old 06-03-2012, 10:46 AM
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
New bump to a similiar issue - USA Spec doesn't work

I just picked up a USA Spec PA15-HON3 iPhone adapter for my '04 TL and when I plug it in, I get no XM option on my radio. My iPhone does switch to "Accessory Found", but that is all. I pulled the harness twice to make sure it was plugged in tightly, but nothing changes. I unplugged the XM plug on the back of my radio, plugged in the USA Spec cable, then plugged in the XM cable to the USA Spec larger cable and nothing. I tried all combinations of DIP switches, but nothing changes. I bought it off AMAZON, but still have my dash all torn apart until I can get this sorted out.

Can anyone post a picture of where they store the unit? I am going for under the dash by the passenger's feet. That way if anything goes wrong I can get to it easily.

Any suggestions would be helpful. Otherwise, I am calling their tech support in the AM. Hate when tech support is only during Mon-Fri and I do all my tech work on the weekends. lol