USA-Spec BT45ACU

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2015, 07:00 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
USA-Spec BT45ACU

So I just picked one of these up, and I am pleased with how easily it installs as well as the quality of the sound; however, for those (if any) of you that have this, where did you mount this sucker? I was maybe thinking of using the aux one day, but the Y-cable isn't nearly long enough to run to the front of the car. Thinking of just keeping it mounted right by where the rear armrest opens to the trunk then I suppose back seaters could use the aux/usb charging ports. Any thoughts?

~t.s.
Old 05-27-2015, 03:05 PM
Racer

Received 42 Likes on 32 Posts
I have the BT45-HON3, and bought it specifically for BT so I wouldn't have to mess with drilling holes for the wires and such. If you want to opt for just BT, then what I did was shove the unit in the little slot between the metal bar and radio. The grouped up wire and the size of the unit was enough to hold it in place by itself. 3 weeks in and still no rattle
Old 05-28-2015, 10:09 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by jimmyfu
I have the BT45-HON3, and bought it specifically for BT so I wouldn't have to mess with drilling holes for the wires and such. If you want to opt for just BT, then what I did was shove the unit in the little slot between the metal bar and radio. The grouped up wire and the size of the unit was enough to hold it in place by itself. 3 weeks in and still no rattle
So I realize I posted this in the TL instead of RL section, no biggie. Anyways I thought the harness for the TL was also in the trunk (not near the radio). My problem is the harness provided with the BT45 is only about 2-3ft, and since it plugs in trunk, I cant mount it anywhere near the front of the vehicle.
Old 05-29-2015, 01:43 AM
Racer

Received 42 Likes on 32 Posts
The XM receiver is in the trunk yes. Not sure why that matters though, because when I looked at the install instructions and everything online, everyone unplugged the back of the xm thing in the front, just under the radio. I'm not familiar with the RL, but I'd expect the install on it to be the same as any other kind of AUX unit in that section
Old 06-05-2015, 08:48 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by jimmyfu
The XM receiver is in the trunk yes. Not sure why that matters though, because when I looked at the install instructions and everything online, everyone unplugged the back of the xm thing in the front, just under the radio. I'm not familiar with the RL, but I'd expect the install on it to be the same as any other kind of AUX unit in that section
So for the BT45-ACU it connects in the trunk to what I believe is the navtraffic unit? Anyways the harness is only about 3 ft, so it reaches to where the rear armrest is and that is as far as the unit will go.

~t.s.