Trip Computer Enabled Without Compromises

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2006, 04:09 PM
OMGWTF4THGENTL

Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts
Originally Posted by BigB2k5
Just so you all know, when I had my 2004 Accord the Navi Trip never matched my MID trip neither. IT was always off by a few miles... Grant it the accord could not show me MPG and all that on the trip, but my total miles never matched... Not sure if this helps anyone but thought I would bring up...
Interesting... That's what i ws wondering about. Hel this thing might be as accurate as it can be afterall.
Old 08-20-2006, 11:22 PM
Racer

Received 21 Likes on 13 Posts
Would it be possible that the MID is programmed differently and is actually less accurate? I think someone needs to do a manual calculation to determine which display is more accurate.
Old 08-21-2006, 04:15 AM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi All,

It worked on my Canadian 2005 TL. I replaced the HMIManager, AirCon, and Diag files.

The things I notice differently are the following. (Canadian 2005 TL)

1. Voice control of temperature is messed up. I say "Temperature 23" (in C) and the car replies back in Farhenheit and doesn't work. I guess I can not change AirCon.exe. Maybe that's what caused it.

2. We lost the "french" option on startup.

3. We now have a "male" voice

4. The "beep" sounds different when you press the voice command button.

5. Gas stations (the major brands) now have their logos show up. Seen Shell and Chevron logos instead of the plain generic blue logos for gas. (cool)

6. Nice Trip Computer of course. I have every single gas bill and record of how far I when on a tank of gas so I can tell if the Trip computer is more accurate or the MID.

7. In general, the Canadian specific options on the Navi has been lost or "Americanized"

I'll see if not replacing the AirCon.exe file will fix the C and F confusion. Having the AC info on the screen isn't worth not being able to control it properly via voice.

If I find any other info, I'll post it here.

Vic
Old 08-21-2006, 07:04 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by CelicaGarage
3. We now have a "male" voice
Interesting. Where is this found in the setup? I haven't played around with it that much since I updated so I did not notice this.
Old 08-21-2006, 08:36 AM
'04 TL w/Navi SSM

Originally Posted by GunnerX
Interesting. Where is this found in the setup? I haven't played around with it that much since I updated so I did not notice this.
The male option is there in the default Canadian navi, press Setup and then go through the 1-4 tabs on top - it should be there as its there on my version.

PS: Female > Male voice
Old 08-21-2006, 12:27 PM
OMGWTF4THGENTL

Originally Posted by CelicaGarage

6. Nice Trip Computer of course. I have every single gas bill and record of how far I when on a tank of gas so I can tell if the Trip computer is more accurate or the MID.
Vic,
I totally look forward to yuor feedback on this one.
Old 08-28-2006, 06:14 PM
Safety Car

Received 148 Likes on 99 Posts
Hmm I have tried and tried and I can't get it to read my bins. It keeps saying UNABLE TO OPEN BIN FILE. See screenshot below:

And here is a shot of the CDROM files for a 2006 TL NAVI Disk ver3.50

Old 08-28-2006, 08:58 PM
Safety Car

Okay guys a little update for the 2006 TL owners. It is different from the 05 models but only slightly. This is with the version 3.50 2005 Disk.

I tried the 05 method and it didn't work.

With the help of Kracker on the phone while doing it, it worked.

Below are Krackers Instructions which I edited for the 06.

This was written from the command line point of view... You will need some understanding of how it works, but ask if its not clear... People are here to help... Heck you can even try to PM me... Once all the kinks are worked out I will format it better and have it posted again

Get the Nav dvd out of your car.

Open Windows Command Prompt ( Start > Run > "cmd" (Enter) )

** Assuming your DVD Rom is D:\ **
Note: I dont know if the files are in the root folder of the DVD... I used my backup folder to create this... Moral of the story copy the 9 bin files from the DVD to c:\NAV

Create a folder on your computer… Called NAV (C:\NAV\)

C:\>mkdir NAV

C:\>cd NAV

C:\NAV>mkdir backup

C:\NAV>copy D:\*.BIN .\
D:\BN2HH110.BIN
D:\BN2HH120.BIN
D:\BN2HH12C.BIN
D:\BN2HHMLD.BIN
D:\BN2HN12B.BIN
D:\BN2HN18B.BIN
D:\BN2HN380.BIN
D:\BNHH401A.BIN
D:\BNHN404A.BIN
D:\ADD.BIN
D:\ZZZ10.BIN
D:\ZZZ100.BIN
12 file(s) copied.

C:\NAV>copy *.BIN .\backup
BN2HH110.BIN
BN2HH120.BIN
BN2HH12C.BIN
BN2HHMLD.BIN
BN2HN12B.BIN
BN2HN18B.BIN
BN2HN380.BIN
BNHH401A.BIN
BNHN404A.BIN
D:\ADD.BIN
D:\ZZZ10.BIN
D:\ZZZ100.BIN
12 file(s) copied.

C:\NAV>

Download: http://home.earthlink.net/~akonshin/files/cebin.zip
- Extract all the files to c:\NAV

Rename Scan.cebin to rename.cebin

Download: http://philipedge.com/Acura%5FTL/navi-console.zip
- Extract all the files to c:\NAV

Expand the Bin file for your car

BNHH401A.BIN = 2006 Acura TL
BNHH401A.BIN = 2005 Acura TL
BN2HH12C.BIN = 2004 Acura TL
BN2HN18B.BIN = 2004 Acura TSX
* BN2HH120.BIN = 2003-2004 Honda Accord (US Model)

C:\NAV\dumpnavi.exe BNH401A.BIN extract
Extract the Accord files that you are going to use on your car.

C:\NAV\dumpnavi.exe BN2HH120.BIN extract

Copy the files from c:\NAV\BN2HH120 folder to C:\NAV\ folder

C:\NAV>CD BN2HH120

C:\NAV\BN2HH120>copy HMIManager.exe \NAV
1 file(s) copied.

C:\NAV\BN2HH120>copy Diag.exe \NAV
1 file(s) copied.

Open the file replace.cebin with notepad or wordpad. Replace the contents with:

image BNHH401A.BIN
verbose on
replaceFile HMIManager.exe HMIManager.exe
replaceFile Diag.exe Diag.exe
saveToFile BNHH401A.BIN.NEW

Then save it… (This is for my 06 TL… change it if you use a different BIN file)

C:\NAV>cebin.exe replace.cebin

Saving image to file "BNHH401A.BIN.NEW"
WARNING: The size of some records are changed. Addresses in image must be recalculated and it can be unsafe.
Done.

Next delete the old (original bin), and rename your new one.

C:\NAV>del BNHH401A.BIN

C:\NAV>rename BNHH401A.BIN.NEW BNHH401A.BIN

Now if you want to add a BMP picture file to your BOOT, this is where you do it.

make sure you have the new picture file name as Back.bmp (case sensitive) and its in the C:\NAV folder

now just type:

C:\NAV>dumpnavi bmhh401a.bin update Back.bmp
Updating Back.bmp ...

C:\NAV>

Now burn **ALL** the BIN files back to a cd or DVD.

UPDATING THE TL NAVIGATION WITH MODIFIED DISK (From datmrman post)
1. Turn your Ignition on (3rd position), put your BURNED CD-R in the NAVROM (you do not need to close any doors on the NAVIROM. Once inserted, go back in the car and wait for the error to pop up.

2. Now once the error shows that its the wrong disc hold Map/Guide, Menu, and Cancel for 5 seconds until the Diag screen shows.

3. Hit the "Version" button on the touch screen once again.

4. Hit the "Load Disc" button on the Version screen. It will then beging to load the CD with a bar graph. Now you may just sit and watch.

6. It should take about 20 seconds for your car to load the new BIN and reboot. Once that happens, the NAV will reboot and go back to a wrong disc message. Now go back and pull the CD-R out and put your OEM NAV disc back in the drive and close it up this time. It will reboot and you should see your new BMP screen and the nav system will boot normally.

7. If anything goes wrong, remove the ground to the battery for 30 seconds with the original DVD in the car. The old OS will load back on the system.
Old 08-29-2006, 12:14 AM
Safety Car

Received 39 Likes on 15 Posts
^ Nice! I've updated the original post to link back here for '06 TLs. Thanks for the update.
Old 08-30-2006, 01:12 AM
8th Gear

I seem to be having an issue with loading my newly created DVD. I have noticed that all the instructions say to hit the "Load Disc" button, although my button says "Disc Load" As soon as I enter the NEW DVD in the Nav unit I get an error to check my disk. I am unable to do anything until I reinser the OEM DVD.

Any ideas?
Old 08-30-2006, 08:16 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by vadao
I seem to be having an issue with loading my newly created DVD. I have noticed that all the instructions say to hit the "Load Disc" button, although my button says "Disc Load" As soon as I enter the NEW DVD in the Nav unit I get an error to check my disk. I am unable to do anything until I reinser the OEM DVD.

Any ideas?
Whenever you get that error, it means that the system doesn't like the disc you are using. Try another brand.
Old 08-30-2006, 08:30 AM
Safety Car

^^ Like GunnerX said. My first CDR it didn't like. I made another one and it worked fine.
Old 08-30-2006, 12:46 PM
JCR69NYC@YAHOO RL NAVI 05

Trip Comp

Originally Posted by Laxplaya11385
shit for $20? i'll burn you the CD. if you're serious, PM me.
Like to get one, you can tell me how to do it.

Any body in Miami or Broward that has made this work, get back.
Old 08-30-2006, 01:33 PM
OMGWTF4THGENTL

Originally Posted by JCR69NYC
Like to get one, you can tell me how to do it.

Any body in Miami or Broward that has made this work, get back.
JC, check your PM. I'm can hook you. I've already hooked up a few other folks.
Old 09-02-2006, 04:23 PM
Intermediate

New White 4.41 DVD is out for the RDX on the alpine purchase site.
4.41 has update notes for the TSX, RL, Accord, etc. but not the TL.

Seems like the Orange 4.50 DVD we have contains files for the TSX and Accord...
will the new White RDX DVD contain files for the TL and be compatible with the TL?
Old 09-03-2006, 10:07 PM
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Kennedy
The only "issues" I think I had... In Diag mode, I looked at F-Can scan, and it showed OK, but "error codes present". This could be trouble codes that I have never cleared from doing electrical work in the car (removing Navi and stuff).

Also (again in Diag), when the system would do the "system scan", and show all systems green, The scan never seemed to complete. The big green OK never came up. It just keeps reading "Displaying". This could be normal for all I know.
Anyone else have this issue? I noticed it also but forgot to check prior to doing this mod.

I did try with and without updated Diag.exe file so that does not seem to matter.

Can someone who has not done this yet check and let us know? Currently I decided to go back with the original Diag.exe because I see no point to have the Accord one as not like you can edit anything useful in it so not worth any trouble it may cause.

Also, I did note that on my Info screen the background is grey and I have everything set to blue, so it seems to not change color. Also if I pick another color such as red, or amber or anything they seem to not apply. Odd? Anyone else try this or notice this? I dont care to much as it seems stuck on blue which is the one I want but wish the info screen background would go to blue, other than that no biggie.

And just to confirm I did check with my moms 05 Accord, her trip screen is off like I recalled and posted before. For example her MID said she went 197.5 miles on the tank while the trip said 194.7. Cant compare anything else as the Accord does not show MPG any place else other than trip, but just wanted to share that again as the trip may be calc correct for the TL and may just be natrually off for whatever cause which is same as on accord.
Old 09-04-2006, 12:25 AM
Racer

Even with the difference between the MID and the Trip Computer, I am actually liking the Trip Computer function. I have it set to reset automatically which works great. After I fill up the tank, I usually reset the MID but this time I forgot. However, the Trip Computer reset automatically and it recorded the proper distance travelled which is great. Also, the Average MPG is quite accurate and the Average speed. So overall, I think the Trip Computer function is very useful.
Old 09-04-2006, 10:21 AM
Banned

Worked perfectly on 04 !

Anyone come to any conclusions regarding the Diag (never finishing/freezing)
Old 09-04-2006, 11:53 PM
6th Gear

Originally Posted by Kracker
I dont know what the deal was, but I couldn't get an 06 TL to take my CD. It changed the boot image, but when I went to put the original DVD back in, it didn't like it.

Could have been user error, or perhaps it knew that I was trying to stick in bins that were old..

Well Mike_TX, I have faith that you can update the Bin files, but good luck making the car like it... It was super easy on my 05... So I know the process is good... Ill let you know if I learn any thing.
I don't know if i did something wrong but I have a 05 TL and the trip is still disabled.... HELP!!!
Old 09-05-2006, 03:49 PM
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Question bricking my navi

So I've been playing with many of the applications you guys have been working with and making available, everything works well when you go and really look things over, read everything there is to read, and actually get to it rather than asking for copies of other people's CDs.

I've been lucky in the past. Today however I finally bricked my navi by trying to load some .pcm files to be used by my HFL. I already have a different .bmp, startup screen text, tripcomputer (thanks especially to this thread). I tried to CEBin beep.pcm into the BNHH401A.BIN for my 05 TL. No Work.

So I must now disconnect the negative feed from battery (30 seconds I know) and start over again. This clears all my channel presets, my HFL setup, my time, everything I assume? Too bad for me but I'll deal like I'm sure many of you have already.

My question - I've tried searching threads but terms like 'HFL' and 'pcm' are too short to display results in the forum search. How do you replace the *.pcm files in the BIN to get picked up by our car. Is there some sort of file limit size? What's the encoding kHz, ?Bit, Mono or stereo, etc? Does anyone have a list of which .pcm files are used for what functions in the car?

Sorry to drag on the post, but feedback would be great guys. And if this isn't the best thread for me to post this in I dunno where?

Thanks
Old 09-06-2006, 12:30 AM
Safety Car

Received 39 Likes on 15 Posts
The work around for 3 letter keywords is to append an asterisk to it: try 'HFL*' or '*pcm'
Old 09-07-2006, 03:57 PM
JCR69NYC@YAHOO RL NAVI 05

Originally Posted by DMZ
Can't wait for .........

AND

Will the 07' have this already on it?
Old 09-10-2006, 04:16 PM
Zoomie ABP

Whoohoo, got this to work this weekend. I already love the trip computer! Put the CD away for some safe keeping....just in case.
Old 09-11-2006, 11:36 AM
ARKITEKT

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
the offer for someone to come through with this mod for me is still up.
Name your price. Must be in Northern New Jersey (Bergen f'ing county)

JP
Old 09-13-2006, 01:19 PM
06 WDP TL Owner

Voice Recognitions Problems

As some others have noted after installing the trip computer upgrade, I found that voice commands for temperature and radio stations do not work correctly yet commands for heater controls (defrost/vent, etc.) seem to work. Seems odd. I was wondering if there is a voice command calibration. If this cannot be corrected, I will probably revert back to the original system files.
Old 09-13-2006, 01:22 PM
Pro

Check the other thread going on by angry dad, this thread/hack is now obselete.
Old 09-13-2006, 01:41 PM
2004 SSM/EB/5AT/Navi/RSB

Originally Posted by Fred99x
As some others have noted after installing the trip computer upgrade, I found that voice commands for temperature and radio stations do not work correctly yet commands for heater controls (defrost/vent, etc.) seem to work. Seems odd. I was wondering if there is a voice command calibration. If this cannot be corrected, I will probably revert back to the original system files.
The easy workaround to this is to press the AUDIO button, speak your voice command, wait for it to execute, and then press the AUDIO button again to return to the trip computer screen.
Old 09-13-2006, 01:54 PM
Pro

These voice command issues are only while you're in the trip screen and still happen in anrgy dad's hack too?
Old 09-13-2006, 02:02 PM
2004 SSM/EB/5AT/Navi/RSB

Originally Posted by brianp6621
These voice command issues are only while you're in the trip screen and still happen in anrgy dad's hack too?
Yeah. With AngryDad's hack, the voice commands are dinked while in the TripComputer screen. For example, saying "XM Channel 150" seems to ask for the time. Saying, "XM Channel 45" toggles the "Reset with Refuel" mode.
Old 09-13-2006, 06:52 PM
06 WDP TL Owner

Originally Posted by bluenoise
Yeah. With AngryDad's hack, the voice commands are dinked while in the TripComputer screen. For example, saying "XM Channel 150" seems to ask for the time. Saying, "XM Channel 45" toggles the "Reset with Refuel" mode.
I thought I was in navi mode when the voice commands did not work but now I'm not sure. Instead of disconnecting the battery for 30 seconds, I just copied the orginial bin files to a dvd and then followed the same process for the trip computer hack. I will put the trip computer hack bin files back on and if it truly is problematic only while in the trip screen, then I can live with that.
Old 09-13-2006, 07:57 PM
06 WDP TL Owner

I put the trip computer hack back in and as indicated previously, voice commands work when not in the trip computer screen so the hack will stay in.
Old 10-28-2006, 09:45 AM
DMZ
Head a da Family

Received 561 Likes on 393 Posts
Those of you who did this Trip Computer enabling, please report tomorrow on whether or not the dash clock changed for daylight savings.

When my Nav self loaded the Honda system, that's the one thing that wouldn't work and is why I've held off so far on doing this.

tanks.......
Old 10-29-2006, 01:50 AM
Cruisin'

Do you get any additional functions other than the trip computer functions already accessible through the odometer panel? (other than the user interface through the touch screen.)
Old 10-29-2006, 07:39 AM
2005TL(6MT)

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by DMZ
Those of you who did this Trip Computer enabling, please report tomorrow on whether or not the dash clock changed for daylight savings.

When my Nav self loaded the Honda system, that's the one thing that wouldn't work and is why I've held off so far on doing this.

tanks.......

I just checked mine and I think it changed time. Funny answer but let me explain. I got in the car and turned the key on and the time was incorrect. I went inside to reply to your question then decided to go back and see if there is an incorrect setting in the setup before I hit submit.

By the time I found the location to set the clock I noticed the time was correct. I didn't make any changes. I only looked for the place to make the change and by then it was correct.

The car is in the garage and does not receive XM very well and probably Navi info also. Maybe it just needed a little time with the poor reception in the garage before it could get the time info. I don't recall ever seeing the clock wrong then changing to the correct time but I also never paid that much attention to it as I turned the key. It could take a few seconds for the change to appear and I would not have known it changed the display.

We'll have to see how others reply for what should be a simple Yes/No answer. It would also bother me having to set the clock in a automated system.
Old 10-30-2006, 11:42 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 591 Likes on 455 Posts
Yes I have that hack and my clock reset itself correctly