TL on Bluetooth site

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2006 | 11:39 AM
Cruising in my

TL on Bluetooth site

I was just doing some reading on Bluetooth because I don't have anything with it yet and I came across this picture on thier website.
http://www.bluetooth.com/Bluetooth/Learn/Works/
look at what car they are using
Old 06-25-2006 | 11:44 AM
SOX FAN

haha niceeeee, i cant wait till my agreement is up so I can get a new bluetooth phone
Old 06-25-2006 | 11:47 AM
Aaaarrrggghhhh!

Nice AV BTW eh? spec!

They should have used a 6MT. My TL is 6MT and my other car is an auto. I find the bluetooth much more of a necessity on the 6MT than I do on the auto (auto has bluetooth as well, but it's more of a "nice to have" on that car).

Not having to shift while talking via bluetooth= nice to have
Having to shift while talking via bluetooth= Necessary
Old 06-25-2006 | 11:51 AM
Cruising in my

Does anyone here have an iPod connected with Bluetooth?

I came across this but it looks very pricey and I'm not sure how well it works...
http://www.tentechnology.com/product...s_naviplay.php
Old 06-25-2006 | 11:59 AM
Registered but harmless

Originally Posted by bmui1561
haha niceeeee, i cant wait till my agreement is up so I can get a new bluetooth phone
Your phone dealer will probably give you a new phone and let you out of the existing contract early if you sign on a new contract; that's how I got a new Bluetooth phone for $49.

Originally Posted by Scribesoft
Not shifting while talking via bluetooth= nice to have
Shifting while talking via bluetooth= Necessary
Try shifting a manual while drinking a soda pop when your boss or client is calling....
That's why I used the ear bud and mike set-up when I had to talk on the phone while driving, before the TL.
Bluetooth works great, and sound quality is better (receiving and outgoing) than the ear bud and mike set-up I had before Bluetooth. !
Old 06-25-2006 | 12:21 PM
Instructor

I love the Bluetooth option I have the Blackberry 7100 and 8700 and they sync right up with no problems
Old 06-25-2006 | 01:08 PM
Lt. Dangle

Originally Posted by eh? spec
Does anyone here have an iPod connected with Bluetooth?

I came across this but it looks very pricey and I'm not sure how well it works...
http://www.tentechnology.com/product...s_naviplay.php
The Bluetooth in the TL is only designed to work with mobile phones. I doubt it would pair with any of the bluetooth transmitters available for the ipod and if it did, the functioning would be very odd. Also, the bluetooth signal would transmit further compressed audio. It is really only good for voice. An FM transmitter will sound better.
Old 06-27-2006 | 12:43 PM
Instructor

TL cannot be used for stereo audio Bluetooth broadcast

Originally Posted by enormus
The Bluetooth in the TL is only designed to work with mobile phones. I doubt it would pair with any of the bluetooth transmitters available for the ipod
You are correct. The TL only supports the headset profile, not the profile for advancedd audio distribution (A2DP). Perhaps this might be added in the 07 TL.

I have a 3G Motorola RAZR V3x phone and it has the A2DP which I take full advantage of with my Motorola BT stereo headphones (model HT820). My TL can do nothing with the stereo broadcasts from the phone.

Originally Posted by enormus
and if it did, the functioning would be very odd. Also, the bluetooth signal would transmit further compressed audio. It is really only good for voice. An FM transmitter will sound better.
I cannot hear any sound degradation with my BT stereo headphones. In fact, v1.2 of the BT spec allows for a data rate of 1Mbps, so even if your MP3 files was at recorded using 320kbps as its data rate, this older BT spec should be able to handle it. The v2 BT spec is further enhanced with up to 3Mbps data rate.