Temp Thread XP

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2005, 04:23 PM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How to Renew Your XM Radio for $77 for 12 months

The unique radio ID is your radio ID. They asked me for my radio ID, gave it to them and no problem.
Old 09-23-2005, 06:01 PM
3rd Gear

I finally got around to calling back today. I told her that I had this letter indicating my price was going up but I had a code from the dealer for $77/yr. She spent some time looking at my account, but finally said "that was OK". She did have to charge me the 43 cents/day at the normal price from the time my previous year expired until today, but the new rate starts today for a year.
Old 12-03-2005, 03:29 PM
Advanced

I got the $77 deal on my second call. I was scolded by the operator. She told me 'just because my friend gets the deal, doesn't I get it too." They did give the deal though. It's what I get from departing from the script.
Old 12-05-2005, 06:30 AM
10th Gear

Talking Got mine on the second try

Hi All, I finally got mine on the second call. Word of advice, don't waver from the script. I used " I got the code from the dealer", which she promptly said "Have the dealer call us". Then she went into the 3 yr plan rates. I asked if i could speak to a manager, then got a firm tone and said she could not give me the promotion. . I called back a second time and mentioned I got a mailer and the gentleman was kind and signed me up.. Although the cost was $77 plus tax for my Area, ( Miami , Fl). I got real frustrated the first time I called, but because of this tread, I had the confidence to call back a second time and get the offer. Thanks All.

Cheers,
Dean
Old 12-05-2005, 03:27 PM
5th Gear

$77 Experiment

There's a lot to be said for saying you got the flyer (if they asked, I was going to say it was at home and I was at work) but a part of this all depends on who you speak to on the phone too.

In an earlier post, I quoted an XM rep saying I couldn't get a promotion until after I expired but other posts and today's success proves otherwise.

TODAY'S ATTEMPT #1
XM> Thanks for calling XM radio to the power of X. Name and Radio ID please…
ME> My free trial is almost over but I’ve been reading about a $77 deal online which might convince me renew
XM> What website did you see this on?
ME> Just some acura owner’s website, tons of people got this deal already.
XM> Well, the $77 is a deal for people who have not renewed and to give you that deal, I need a code off of the actual flyer
ME> Is it ZWINBACK
XM> Yes, that’s the promotion code but there’s another code on the flyer as well
ME> So, there’s no way to get this $77 deal without a flyer?
XM> You should get this flyer about 30 days after your expiration date

TODAY'S ATTEMPT #2 (same number, not even 5 minutes later)
XM> Thanks for calling XM radio to the power of X. Name and Radio ID please…
ME> My trial in my car is about to expire and I received a flyer for 12 months for $77 or something and it mentioned coming back to XM but my service still works, isn’t that weird?
XM> Yeah, that flyer usually goes out well after your subscription ends
ME> Well, can I just pay the $77 with a credit card and be done with it?
XM> Yes, I’ll take that card number when you’re ready.
XM> Welcome back to XM, we’ve renewed your service for 12 months and charged $77 to your credit card
ME> Just to confirm, you're charging my card $77 and my service should be good through this time next year
XM> Yes
Old 12-05-2005, 06:32 PM
Intermediate

Just called today and i just told him i recieved a flyer in the mail. My service ran out this past Friday. He okayed it in a matter of seconds. I was on and off in 3 minutes. I hope everyone is as lucky as i was. I used the 1-800-682-4114 #.
Old 12-05-2005, 10:03 PM
Instructor

I was able to get this is on a new activation. It took 5 phone calls, but finally got it. Even got them to reduce the activation fee from $14.99 to $9.99 over the phone.