T-Mobile / Razr phone wont pair WTF?

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2006, 12:26 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
T-Mobile / Razr phone wont pair WTF?

I just got a new Razr phone but cant get to pair. I go thru the process, give my 4 digit code to the car, have the phone in discovery mode and it never finds the phone. I have tried at least 5 times this weekend.
Am I doing something wrong?? My last phone paired just fine. I even deleted my last phone thinking maybe that was the problem.

Any info/help is appreciated!!
John
Old 05-22-2006, 12:51 PM
Advanced

you might want to check if your Razor has bluetooth. i know that some razors dont have bluetooth.
Old 05-22-2006, 02:19 PM
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
I've got a t-mobile razor and it works fine.

Make sure your bluetooth is on, when the car says its ready to pair make sure that your phone is in "look for devices" mode in the menu under handsfree.

There's also a choice under bluetooth and setup called "find me", that did not work for me, the "look for devices" did, and I have two moto phones, both worked that way.

Dave
Old 05-22-2006, 07:25 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by dmarcus48
I've got a t-mobile razor and it works fine.

Make sure your bluetooth is on, when the car says its ready to pair make sure that your phone is in "look for devices" mode in the menu under handsfree.

There's also a choice under bluetooth and setup called "find me", that did not work for me, the "look for devices" did, and I have two moto phones, both worked that way.

Dave

Dave,
Thanks for that bit of info. I was trying to set up with "Find Me". I was so frustrateted this weekend trying to pair. Its all good now!!

Thank you very much for responding!!
John
Old 05-22-2006, 07:57 PM
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Great! My pleasure, glad you got it to work. I think the bluetooth in the car is awsome.
Old 05-23-2006, 07:51 AM
10th Gear

I had a similar problem with mine and "look for devices" in the phone found the car and then paired the phone. It is definitely a nice feature. I love it.
I always wondered what would happen if you got a booty call and answered it with the link, while your lady was in the car with you?

Kris
Old 05-23-2006, 08:57 AM
Burning Brakes

You the phone need to discover the car, not the other way around. They tell you to put your phone in discoverable mode (not sure why, because it's not needed and make sure you turn it off).
Old 05-26-2006, 08:55 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by dmarcus48
Great! My pleasure, glad you got it to work. I think the bluetooth in the car is awsome.
I agree 100%.

Have a great Memorial Day weekend!!
Jhn
Old 06-14-2007, 03:24 PM
1st Gear

Lightbulb TL Pairing and Discoverable Phones

Originally Posted by HiTEC
You the phone need to discover the car, not the other way around. They tell you to put your phone in discoverable mode (not sure why, because it's not needed and make sure you turn it off).
Sorry for reviving an old thread, but I have some information regarding pairing (T-Mobile RAZR phone) that I thought might be useful to some. I haven't seen any mentions of my problem and solution on the web.

I just switched my mobile service over to T-Mobile and got a new Moto RAZR v3. I tried to pair the phone this morning, but was unable to get it to work after multiple attempts. (I've successfully paired several phones before this, so I thought I knew everything I needed.)

I went through the procedure on the car to pair - give a code for pairing, begin searching, etc. I set the phone to search for a handsfree link. The phone successfully found the car, I entered the code, the car responded and I provided a voice tag for the phone, but that was it. Instead of getting a confirmation of the successful pairing, the car abruptly quits. I got the beep sequence when dropping a call or leaving the HFL menu system. The phone shows a link to the car, but the phone is not in the list of paired devices in the TL phone list, and the two won't connect.

Everything I've heard online says that the RAZR is compatible with the TL (this forum, and the official Acura mini-web site). After reading the post above about making the phone discoverable, I decided to see if that was the solution.

Like HiTEC, I would've said that you do not need to make the phone discoverable; after all, the phone's doing the searching. But I do know that Moto phones are set up not to be discoverable unless requested by the user (and then, they're only discoverable for a limited time period) for security reasons.

So went back and selected the "find me" option in the RAZR, which then responded with "discoverable for 60 seconds." I then proceeded to pair the phone with the TL. This time, it went smoothly without a hitch. The phone is working just fine now, and automatically connects to the car when I start the engine.

It's possible that the phone DOES need to be discoverable in order to pair up. This may depend on the phone (perhaps other phones are discoverable when they're searching for other devices, I don't know).

Just my $0.02 for anyone who may be having trouble getting the pairing to work on their phone.

-MarkSly