System ground annoying buzz

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2014, 01:06 AM
Instructor

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
System ground annoying buzz

So I just did a full sound system in my 08 TL ua7 about a week ago and the installer is a buddy of mines who has done several of my friends tls and I went all out. Audio control lc6 Wired to components replaced the factory sub with a 8 inch ev powered by two Jl amps and a w6 Wires are 2 gauge JL cooper plated dual amp kit. All rca are monster cable rcas

Anyhow.... here's my issue There's an immense buzz coming when the volume is low or even off. The installer told me its from the blue tooth mic and when he removed the rear mic the ground buzz lowered. When he went to remove the front blue tooth mic I told him no. And he told me he removed it from my friends cars and it worked for them

Has anyone else have this problem. And or knows a solution where I can keep my blue tooth and killing this ground Issue????

Last edited by romeotl3; 10-30-2014 at 01:12 AM.
Old 11-13-2014, 11:31 AM
Instructor

so no one has any clues on what this could be??? is it related to the blue tooth mic like the original installer said? HELP this feedback is driving me crazy!!!!!
Old 11-13-2014, 06:09 PM
08 TL

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
Im running the same issue but I drive an 08 base with navi, I checked and I couldn't find the ANC mic in the back but in the type s is by the rear dome light, the rear dome light is held by 2 8mm screws and unplug the green connector and thats it....
Old 11-14-2014, 12:12 AM
Codename Duchess

Received 80 Likes on 57 Posts
The ANC module is behind the center speaker. Just unplug there. Don't know if it will fix your noise, but that's the easiest way to disable the ANC.
Old 11-14-2014, 12:39 AM
4th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I just did the same thing on my 08 tls, I diconnected the rear anc mic, its above your rear interior dome light, it will be a green clip towards driver side once you take off the plastic, you need a Phillips screwdriver as well.
Old 11-24-2014, 09:17 AM
Instructor

i unplugged that mic already, though the noise reduced significantly it hasnt completely gone away... at the recomendaion of another thread im going to try and change the high low convertor to something more basic. My only concern is that the amps stay on after the car has been turned off! the audiocontrol lc7 has a shut down for the amps and idk if the more basic high low will do the same thing
Old 11-25-2014, 10:02 AM
Codename Duchess

Received 80 Likes on 57 Posts
Originally Posted by romeotl3
i unplugged that mic already, though the noise reduced significantly it hasnt completely gone away... at the recomendaion of another thread im going to try and change the high low convertor to something more basic. My only concern is that the amps stay on after the car has been turned off! the audiocontrol lc7 has a shut down for the amps and idk if the more basic high low will do the same thing
PAC LOCPROs will give you a turn on out.

Did you try switching the grounding jumper in the LC7?
Old 11-26-2014, 09:00 PM
Cruisin'

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
There are two mic's in the car that have to be disconnected and no, you will not lose your ability to send/receive calls over bluetooth. You will have to unplug both the front and rear mics to eliminate that buzz.

The type S has a noise reduction system that reverberates the factory sub as it picks up noise with both mics in an effort to trick the ears of passengers into perceiving the noise to be reduced. Both mics are for that system. There is a much more technical explanation than that but that's the basic overview of it.
Old 11-26-2014, 09:40 PM
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
i wouldnt consider that going all out but anyways

how is the lc6 wired up

you could be getting feedback from the factory amp

also do you still have your factory tweeters hooked up
Old 11-27-2014, 09:59 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by DiamondJoeQuimby
PAC LOCPROs will give you a turn on out.

Did you try switching the grounding jumper in the LC7?
I didn't but I'm gonna today. I cleaned the hell out the spot we grounded it at and still feedback.

Originally Posted by KBP-phrawstbyte
There are two mic's in the car that have to be disconnected and no, you will not lose your ability to send/receive calls over bluetooth. You will have to unplug both the front and rear mics to eliminate that buzz.

The type S has a noise reduction system that reverberates the factory sub as it picks up noise with both mics in an effort to trick the ears of passengers into perceiving the noise to be reduced. Both mics are for that system. There is a much more technical explanation than that but that's the basic overview of it.
But if u remove the mic how do you speak to your phone through your car speakers?? I'll try just removing it and see if I can still use the blue tooth I'm also gonna try and change the lc6 to a cheaper hi low but I'm also worried the cheaper high low converter is gonna keep my amps on and running when the car is turned off killing my battery

Originally Posted by nx04
i wouldnt consider that going all out but anyways

how is the lc6 wired up

you could be getting feedback from the factory amp

also do you still have your factory tweeters hooked up
Well I spent. 2100$ non retail on parts alone to do the system and a custom trunk so to me that's going a bit out at least.

Yes I changed the factory tweeters. Put Jl components in there ran directly to speaker wires ran to the crossover then to the amp directly

Factory amp was disconnected last I checked but I'll double check with the installer this weekend as that is a good reason I can be having this problem also

Thanks guys for the feedback so far and happy thanksgiving
Old 12-01-2014, 07:22 PM
Cruisin'

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
The bluetooth mic is elsewhere. I had the same buzz you are talking about and it drove me nuts for almost a month trying to figure out what was going on. The crazy part is my best friend is an installer and has been for over 15 years and another friend who is also an Acura tech and has a TL - the 3 of us were stumped until the tech friend found out what was going on after some research.

After disconnecting both mic's I now have no issues with my aftermarket amp/subs and can still use the bluetooth without issue. You only have to unplug the 2 mics and will be able to plug them back in later should you decide to go back to stock. This is only an issue on the Type S from what I understand.

PS - I also have a KBP. Yours is looking good!
The following users liked this post:
romeotl3 (12-03-2014)
Old 12-03-2014, 12:41 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by KBP-phrawstbyte
The bluetooth mic is elsewhere. I had the same buzz you are talking about and it drove me nuts for almost a month trying to figure out what was going on. The crazy part is my best friend is an installer and has been for over 15 years and another friend who is also an Acura tech and has a TL - the 3 of us were stumped until the tech friend found out what was going on after some research.

After disconnecting both mic's I now have no issues with my aftermarket amp/subs and can still use the bluetooth without issue. You only have to unplug the 2 mics and will be able to plug them back in later should you decide to go back to stock. This is only an issue on the Type S from what I understand.

PS - I also have a KBP. Yours is looking good!
So if I disconnect the mic how do I speak on the blue tooth over if the mic isn't connected?? I mean screw it I'll try it anyhow. Won't hurt to disconnect it and then see what happens lol. And thanks for the complement. I wanna post a build thread but I consider myself basically stock with a drop and a atlp wing lol ie not worthy if a build thread 😂😂😂